Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 [864] 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
eB101

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

Do you guys know what soft/extension I can use for using aliases in browser?

I was using 22k so far, but doesn't seem to be updated with the link reassignments..

What alias? I'll dig into it.
Few examples:
Nexttalk & lastposts -> supposed to redirect the last page of this thread
Nxtstats -> supposed to redirect to blockchain explorer statistics

Thanks for checking
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:02:50 PM

we will get so much media attention and mass adoption after we publish these texts about Nxt:

Bitcoin's carbon footprint is out of control.
http://www.bitcarbon.org/introduction.html

"Nxt's carbon footprint will never be bigger than one village"

You mean small village or large household.

Bitventurer

Activity: 488
Merit: 250

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:09:54 PM

we will get so much media attention and mass adoption after we publish these texts about Nxt:

Bitcoin's carbon footprint is out of control.Pos

Bitcoin can just change  ,from Pow to Pos. It's just become to big to fail
 That's what ive been said from a friend of mine...

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:11:58 PM

Bitcoin can just change ,from Pow to Pos.

How can they reach a consensus?
It is never that easy.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:13:20 PM

Bitcoin can just change  ,from Pow to Pos. It's just become to big to fail
Really?  Please describe the process of how it would work without a hard fork?

BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:13:42 PM

Tell that to the miners and ASICs factories...

Too many big players invested a lot in mining/ASIC related business, they won't allow that to happen. Remember they're the bosses of bitcoin.
They would probably spread FUD about how bad is PoS, and that Satoshi didn't mention anything about that.

Bitcoin can just change  ,from Pow to Pos. It's just become to big to fail
Really?  Please describe the process of how it would work without a hard fork?

You need hard fork. Also I'm not 100% sure that is posible to do.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:18:13 PM

Tell that to the miners and ASICs factories... They won't allow that to happen. Remember they're the current bosses of bitcoin.

You need hard fork. Also I'm not 100% sure that is posible to do.

I always wondered why Voting System was such an emphasized part of NXT. Now I know. BCNext knew that nobody, not even himself, could solve all the problems ahead of time.

If NXT ever runs into the systemic problems bitcoin is running into, we will be able to vote on the best solution.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Bitventurer

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:19:30 PM

dunno , but my guess is that http://www.bitcarbon.org/introduction.html  , will be the main problem of Bitcoin and eventually btc will be banned by the gov.  otherwise goodbye earth ?

BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:20:28 PM

I always wondered why Voting System was such an emphasized part of NXT. Now I know. BCNext knew that nobody, not even himself, could solve all the problems ahead of time.

If NXT ever runs into the systemic problems bitcoin is running into, we will be able to vote on the best solution.

James

Currently you have voting system in bitcoin. Each miner can vote with his mining power, but it is completely centralized by ASIC factories... and that is really stupid.

Anyway 1NxT=1 vote is better than bitcoin voting system but it is still not the best solution. For example if in the future something is better for the whole comunity, but has few bad effects to the big players they probably won't accept that.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:29:15 PM

The NXT Foundation will at not cost to you manage your VPS; this offer comes with a custom SCREENNAME.vps.nxtcrypto.org domain name visible in peer lists!  All you hae to do is pay for the VPS and we will do the rest.

1) Sign up https://www.budgetvm.com/account/cart.php?gid=64  They accept PayPal.  Or use Digital Ocean.  Or use any other provider.  You need at least 1024MB of RAM on the VPS though.

2) The 1024MB VPS for $4.99/month should be sufficient unless you have a hallmark balance with more than 1,000,000 NXT, in that case please choose the 2048MB VPS for $9.99/month

3) When signing up for a VPS, when they ask for a hostname for your VPS, enter in: SCREENNAME.vps.nxtcrypto.org

4) When selecting an OS, please choose Debian6 x64

5) Send a Private Message in the NXT Foundation Forums to user forkedchain.  The Forums are at http://forums.nxtcrypto.org and in the PM please include the VPS's IP address, root password, and your generated hallmark for hostname SCREENNAME.vps.nxtcrypto.org.  You can generate your hallmark at https://localhost:7875/admin.html but please do this in private browsing mode so that your passphrase isnt cached to your disk

6) The NXT Foundation will 100% manage the VPS for you; you will still have shell access and I will give you a script on your server you can run ant any time to check your server at any time

All, thanks to abctc and xyzzyx for taking me up to manage their VPSs, please remember, its only $4.99/month and I do all the rest!
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:39:59 PM

Hi!

This site is dedicated to our NXT)

www.nxtgirl.ru

He created all these weeks, now there is a functional, but much remains to be done.
Enjoy!
Donate us please NXT 8939822453162021183

I like your marketing angle  Grin

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:42:46 PM

Hi!

www.nxtgirl.ru

He created all these weeks, now there is a functional, but much remains to be done.
Enjoy!

what is NXT? NXT parfume? Cheesy

very nice site love it.

Pin

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:02:03 PM

James

Currently you have voting system in bitcoin. Each miner can vote with his mining power, but it is completely centralized by ASIC factories... and that is really stupid.

Anyway 1NxT=1 vote is better than bitcoin voting system but it is still not the best solution. For example if in the future something is better for the whole comunity, but has few bad effects to the big players they probably won't accept that.

Ignoring the ghash.io concentration, would ALL the bitcoind's really incorporate a change based on majority vote? The way things are setup, it seems more likely that some will upgrade and others won't leading to ...
Is that what a hard fork is? Sounds pretty bad.

With NXT, my sense is that regardless of whether everyone fully agrees with how the Voting System is setup, everyone will agree to go along with the voting result. A democracy needs to have everybody implicitly agree to follow the results of voting.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:02:38 PM

Hi!

www.nxtgirl.ru

Enjoy!

I like your marketing angle  Grin

Damelon your site is also awsome!

http://www.nxtcoins.nl/

Pin

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:08:04 PM

Hi!

www.nxtgirl.ru

Enjoy!

wow, btw have you already heard of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358260.0 ? Smiley
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

James

I see that as a balancing effect: 1 NXT = 1 vote prevents 100mil zombie bot accounts to outvote everyone. Also, if something is better for the whole community, it is unlikely big accounts would vote against it (as they have the most to lose, they wouldn't want to hurt their investment). If the action hurts their investment, they should have a right to defend it, so that also makes sense. I think if the issue is very controversial, over time the majority of the community will eventually agree to a compromise that satisfies the majority of the users without having to cause a hard fork.

I think that while it's not ideal, there is no better solution than this currently. All other methods are vulnerable to attack and abuse. 1 NXT = 1 vote is the only way to ensure fair voting because it's guaranteed by the PoS system.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:16:26 PM

People controlling Nxt are very smart or very rich and smart Smiley
- original stakeholders who didn't sell
- developers who didn't sell
- early buyers
- rich newcomers
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:17:06 PM

James

I see that as a balancing effect: 1 NXT = 1 vote prevents 100mil zombie bot accounts to outvote everyone. Also, if something is better for the whole community, it is unlikely big accounts would vote against it (as they have the most to lose, they wouldn't want to hurt their investment). If the action hurts their investment, they should have a right to defend it, so that also makes sense. I think if the issue is very controversial, over time the majority of the community will eventually agree to a compromise that satisfies the majority of the users without having to cause a hard fork.

I think that while it's not ideal, there is no better solution than this currently. All other methods are vulnerable to attack and abuse. 1 NXT = 1 vote is the only way to ensure fair voting because it's guaranteed by the PoS system.

I really like the voting feature, but I do worry about exchanges that hold large sums of Nxt in escrow being able to have a heavy influence on voting subjects.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:25:07 PM

People controlling Nxt are very smart or very rich and smart Smiley
- original stakeholders who didn't sell
- developers who didn't sell
- early buyers
- rich newcomers

I like the sound of it very much  Grin

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Bitventurer

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:26:37 PM

James

I really like the voting feature, but I do worry about exchanges that hold large sums of Nxt in escrow being able to have a heavy influence on voting subjects.

this will be irrelevant when des. exchange will work...

Pages: « 1 ... 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 [864] 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: