Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 [867] 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:07:08 AM

I got one question for CfB or anyone who knows.

Is it possible to attack the system sending a lot of transactions yourself to another accounts you own, so it is easier for you to HIT the next block and so on?

I guess not, but I want explained and detailed answer to understand.

Thanks! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gbeirn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:10:15 AM

Just got all my nodes updated to 0.5.5

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:11:29 AM

I lost track of the stuff I wanted to quote, so here's a dump of my thoughts without context. (sorry ^^;)

I think the public perception of the ***coin brand has both grown and changed recently, with things like Doge ( Grin) and Coinye West (Roll Eyes) in addition to established cryptos like Bitcoin. I'd like folks to understand that we're something very different, unlike anything that's come before. So to me, Nxtcoin is bad, Nxt is good. And Nxt, not Next, confusion isn't a problem for Doge (no one's talking about Dogcoin), I don't see why it will be for Nxt.

We need to better organize our discussions. Instead of continuing side conversations in this megathread, a good way is to start threads in the other forums like forum.nxtcrypto.org, then link to them here. Hopefully we can eventually develop better communication tools than traditional linear forum threads. The nxtcrypto guys have been doing nice things with their forum interface, kudos to them. (Not saying they are the official place to talk about Nxt, just saying I like their forum best.)

We need to point new folks to places that are friendly for them. I'll be working on making Nxt wiki articles easier to read and understand.

We also need to be bold and start and run more discussions and polls. Being decentralized means we shouldn't wait for other people to organize things for us. It also means that consensus will be difficult to reach quickly, we shouldn't try to rush discussions.

IMO, the screenshots of the eMunie client on their website are cool not because of the client, but because of Carrie Fisher in the desktop background.  Grin
(Not bashing eMunie, just praising Leia.)

We need more ladies interested in Nxt!  Grin

EDIT: Kickstarter refunds all contributions if the target isn't met, which is different from selling shares. Would be great if service providers can explore different models of crowdfunding.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:12:10 AM

Is it possible to attack the system sending a lot of transactions yourself to another accounts you own, so it is easier for you to HIT the next block and so on?

Thanks! Smiley

No it doesnt work like that. If you divide your stake in half than each half will only be half as likely to hit as the previous whole. Meaning that dividing it up into parts wouldn't make you any more or less likely to hit.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:20:20 AM

I think the public perception of the ***coin brand has both grown and changed recently, with things like Doge ( Grin) and Coinye West (Roll Eyes) in addition to established cryptos like Bitcoin. I'd like folks to understand that we're something very different, unlike anything that's come before. So to me, Nxtcoin is bad, Nxt is good. And Nxt, not Next, confusion isn't a problem for Doge (no one's talking about Dogcoin), I don't see why it will be for Nxt.

response:
Nxt has such features as
# Name doesn't contain "coin", "cash", "kash", "money", "dollar",  nor "bit" (at least now, Nxt is a codename)

We need to better organize our discussions. Instead of continuing side conversations in this megathread, a good way is to start threads in the other forums like forum.nxtcrypto.org, then link to them here. Hopefully we can eventually develop better communication tools than traditional linear forum threads. The nxtcrypto guys have been doing nice things with their forum interface, kudos to them. (Not saying they are the official place to talk about Nxt, just saying I like their forum best.)

Nxt marketing & promotion - progress tracking thread, Nxt full feature clients, Nxt web service providers, Nxt security and user interface, Nxt open source code flaw report

We need more ladies interested in Nxt!  Grin
- our homepage, facebook and twitter is lead by a lady Smiley
+ do you like our first girly site? : www.nxtgirl.ru

Smiley
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:21:08 AM

people who invest in something that they dont understand the workings of are crazy! you may get lucky once or twice but eventually you will get taken really hard by a snake oil salesman. with that being said i genuinely hope that you get lucky.

What about bitcoin? Who expects Jo Public to understand crypto currencies at all?  Do you need to know how a car works to drive in one? What about when you get sick and go to hospital - will you only take medicine you have researched and 'understand the workings of'?

We trust 'expert opinion' and jump into the unknown. That is human nature.

In the real world we are all using instinct and intuition to make decisions. Understanding of something completely is very rare - even machines.

My instinct says eMunie is going to be very big because I have tested it many times and watched Fuserleer interacting with his team of beta testers in their shoutbox. They have a real community now - they know names and skype etc - they are friends. That is something NXT does not have. Who cares about BCNext or CFB as people? Who knows them? Dan Hughes has many friends who will help him, because they know him. It is beyond self-interest for them now. It is their collective mission to finish and promote emunie.

There is good stuff going on here, but eMunie is a bigger threat than many of you know. I hope both can coexist.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:25:59 AM

people who invest in something that they dont understand the workings of are crazy! you may get lucky once or twice but eventually you will get taken really hard by a snake oil salesman. with that being said i genuinely hope that you get lucky.

What about bitcoin? Who expects Jo Public to understand crypto currencies at all?  Do you need to know how a car works to drive in one? What about when you get sick and go to hospital - will you only take medicine you have researched and 'understand the workings of'?

In the real world we are all using instinct and intuition to make decisions. Understanding of something completely is very rare - even machines.

My instinct says eMunie is going to be very big because I have tested it many times and watched Fuserleer interacting with his team of beta testers in their shoutbox. They have a real community now - they know names and skype etc - they are friends. That is something NXT does not have. Who cares about BCNext or CFB as people? Who knows them? Dan Hughes has many friends who will help him, because they know him. It is beyond self-interest for them now. It is their collective mission to finish and promote emunie.

There is good stuff going on here, but eMunie is a bigger threat than many of you know. I hope both can coexist.

You do not need to invest in bitcoin in order to make advantage of it. As an example, if i buy some bitcoin to send to my family "back home" and then they sell the bitcoin to buy food, we have all used bitcoin but none of us have "invested" in it per say.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Zahlen

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:37:02 AM

+ do you like our first girly site? : www.nxtgirl.ru

Yeah, great job yulkisa and team.  Smiley But we still need moar!

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:39:13 AM

You do not need to invest in bitcoin in order to make advantage of it. As an example, if i buy some bitcoin to send to my family "back home" and then they sell the bitcoin to buy food, we have all used bitcoin but none of us have "invested" in it per say.

I see your point! You're talking about using bitcoin to move value around rather than buying and holding. That is very true. eMunie can do that too, and it's 100% anonymous, very fast and scalable to visa levels, and doesn't have a huge bloated blockchain.

I don't know how it works, but my gut tells me Dan Hughes is the equal of Satoshi in skill, and from looking at his resume he is a lot more than talk.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:07:07 AM

gosh, each time I think I found BCNext, I read his old posts and find a proof it isn't BCNext... or he was posting some misleading posts Cheesy

Btw gathered texts for the script for the Nxt Myths video are on 34 pages... And still I am hoping that the text version will have at most 10 pages Cheesy
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:08:31 AM

Thanks! Smiley

No it doesnt work like that. If you divide your stake in half than each half will only be half as likely to hit as the previous whole. Meaning that dividing it up into parts wouldn't make you any more or less likely to hit.

Meh, I was not trying to ask that but my english sucks Tongue

Real Question:
Can you try to modify the next block info by sending especific transactions to another accounts, so you can know how to hit the next block and so on?
getfun12345

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:35:00 AM

Nxt Client for Android -- QRCode support -- Updated 2014.1.13
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,797.0.html

New features:
QRCode
NXT QRCode format
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2869.0.html
Example:
nxtacct:5693933960808456307?label=yueye
http://bbyk.sinaapp.com/temp/qrcode.jpg

If you think my work is valuable, please donate Nxt:5693933960808456307    AccoutAlias:yueye
wezelvis

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:45:26 AM

As I have been digging further, it does seem that the claims against Dan are overblown. My concerns are more that nobody is answering some pretty basic questions about EMU inflation and equilibrium management algorithms. Closed beta also is discouraging as I can't actually run it, but I have seen posts by people I know that say they have run the beta.

My current feeling is that emunie is real, but closed and sole sourced by a single guy who is overworked and overstressed. His logic of cancelling the public IPO due to trolls, just doesn't make sense to me.

In any case, emunie has no CfB so it is doomed Smiley

James

This thread has a lot of really good information about emunie.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330744.0

Your feeling is right. eMunie is real and it will be very successful when launched, but it isn't closed. I see you have joined the emunie forum. I hope you add your name to the beta list and hopefully it wont be too long before more spots open up. There is a difference between being fully closed on the one hand, and being open but coordinated and organised in your approach on the other.

The emunie beta testing is following a more typical software development path than most other crypto currencies. It isn't a simple clone like most alt coins, and it isn't being rushed like NXT. Fuserleer has a lot of development experience under his belt, and you can see that for yourself.

NXT is still really in alpha, but it's using real value during testing, and we've all seen some damaging consequences (e.g. the dgex 800K debacle). When eMunie goes live it will have been thoroughly tested for a long time.

I see the NXT community is now trying to form structures and processes to coordinate things. Decentralized currencies are great but decentralized organisation can be chaos. Who is paying all the NXT bounties? Who makes the decisions?

eMunie is very well organised, and it's not a free-for-all. Once released it will be 100% decentralized, but its launch and promotion will be supported by a coordinating organisation for a time (EDRC). This 'structure' will help spread and promote eMunie, but it will still be a fully decentralized currency and payment network, and a whole lot more.

Many of the best features of NXT were copied from eMunie (i'm ducking now), but that is true. Ask yourself this, why did BCNext release NXT on November 24 2013 and not January 3 2014 like he said he would? He wanted to add things like the alias and make it look like it was his idea. eMunie has been using a naming system during beta testing for months and months (ENS). That's why the eMunie source code won't be released until after the launch. To prevent people taking eMunie ideas and rushing them into a new coin.

Fuserleer has made a good explanation of why he closed down the IPO for now. As for being overworked and stressed, I think personal attacks on your 'real' identity and character take a toll. I note that you always sign your posts with your first name, so I suspect you might have some respect for someone who reveals their last name also.

You can trash 'wezelvis' all you want and I will logout and log back in as 'another me' without a care. But 'Dan Hughes' has had the courage to be himself since the beginning of his journey into crypto land, and I think he's had enough of the mud slinging & smears for a while.

eMunie will be released, and it will be successful.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:44:34 AM

please support 256 characters for security reasons.

Random passphrases longer than 32 chars don't increase security much, they already have 256-bit entropy.
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:48:11 AM

eMunie will be released, and it will be successful.
- thank you for sharing your thought about eMunie.
And we know your attitude toward Nxt:
I didn't commit to any specific actions when I sent in my BTC back in September - I'm not so much a stakeholder as an investor/gambler. I'm grateful to those users who are actively doing things to support NXT, but was there an agreement we signed? Everyone is following their own self interest.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 06:50:49 AM

Many of the best features of NXT were copied from eMunie (i'm ducking now), but that is true. Ask yourself this, why did BCNext release NXT on November 24 2013 and not January 3 2014 like he said he would? He wanted to add things like the alias and make it look like it was his idea. eMunie has been using a naming system during beta testing for months and months (ENS). That's why the eMunie source code won't be released until after the launch. To prevent people taking eMunie ideas and rushing them into a new coin.

Nxt's strength is in Transparent Forging which is UNIQUE.....other features...Asset exhange, alias, arbitrary messaging is icing on the cake.

BCNext is being very wise for keeping TF under wraps.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:07:02 AM

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond
I don't care if it's scam or not. I do care that someone censors threads on nextcoin.org.

Sorry, if I missed it, but was there an official answer concerning this matter from one of the moderators or Graviton?
ycm82

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:09:44 AM

To NXT devs and DGEX! It is very important !

First of all,
The DEVs are thinking if the price of NXT is low, people are willing to buy NXT, but it is wrong, people would buy coins when see price rising!

Beyond hope NXT team apart from the emphasis on technological innovation, to balance the market.
Importance to the functioning of markets does not mean mere marketing hype, but to NXT problem now, namely: concepts and practices that are too technical, too little market corrected, and let the market play a role this lame.
Enter the NXT the vast majority of people in this market, their basic idea NXT this market to make money, not just for the sake of NXT technology has much good.
To achieving the goal of making money, only the NXT price increases can be achieved, or how many will enter the NXT market?
We'll see on December 25 last year at around, price around 0.00012 NXT, why do so many people buy DGEX 24H turnover of more than 20 million NXT?
Now, on January 12, the trading volume was more than 1 million NXT DGEX 24H, only one in 20 of the original?

I've already told you, NXT's biggest inherent problems or birth defects, is the original shareholders ' equity is too concentrated, only solves this problem, NXT to long-term development.
If you want to solve the problem of original shareholders ' equity is too concentrated, only the NXT dollars out of the hands of original shareholders spread out that way as much as possible. In fact, this is the most important mission of DGEX trading network established by the.
However, the DGEX exchange trading volume now cut down to the floor, isn't that the NXT the greatest obstacle to development?
The most fundamental factor contributing to this phenomenon, is what I said earlier, is NXT team caused by misconceptions and the market practices.
So-called mistake means: NXT team mistakenly think only a low price would have greater acceptance of NXT, will enter the market. Changes in NXT turnover, we know how much this idea out of touch with reality!!
By wrong practices mean: NXT team's original shareholders, since trading volume was in the hands of chips to artificially suppress prices of NXT NXT currency, makes NXT cannot run more dominated by market forces.
Price of necessary interventions for NXT is useful, but the actual market and completely as is now the case out of the tightly controlled NXT price, the result is that we now wanted to see: price and volume of the NXT is dead! As mentioned earlier, this is the NXT the greatest obstacle to development!
In addition,
the now DGEX NXT and NXT with higher transaction costs are costs the outside participants in the NXT is closed, which is another big obstacle to disperse NXT! Not conducive to the long-term development of NXT!
We strongly urge the NXT team coordination and DGEX the following:
1, NXT trading fee fell to 0;
2, reducing the NXT withdraw costs to 0 or 0.05%;
3, reduce the cost of withdraw BTC.
4、Speed up  withdraw and deposit.

The Third,   
Some say that BTC took 5 years of development, we don't have to worry, slow things down. I have to tell you, this is very wrong point of view.  BTC is the first virtual currency, virtual currency to open remote, no BTC, not all virtual currency. So,BTC in 5 years. Market impossible, NXT 3、5 years, NXT no developmented within one year, NXT does not come within a year,second generation of NXT will be similar virtual currencies, even third-generation and fourth-generation currency trampled to death!

Anyway,
Hope NXT team know as soon as possible and immediately began to address the above issues: NXT team days in hands of original shareholders not to use chips to artificially suppress prices of NXT, more market power of the dominant NXT run, so NXT price and volume came alive again, volume was in the hands of original shareholders NXT spread in Canadian dollars as soon as possible. In this way, NXT to the healthy and stable development.
Thanks!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:11:01 AM

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond
I don't care if it's scam or not. I do care that someone censors threads on nextcoin.org.

Sorry, if I missed it, but was there an official answer concerning this matter from one of the moderators or Graviton?

I haven't seen an official answer but I got an answer from Graviton.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:20:06 AM

Here is my implementation for the Crypto stuff converted to javascript:

https://github.com/BloodyRookie/nxtCrypto/tree/master

I think it is the fastest implementation so far (core duo 2.4 GHz):

Test
secret phrase: This is my very secret phrase
public key: 698168d8669c9310d68101dfcc974ed4ef454692da6f028f68114db5fdcc4f6a
Signing...
Signature: 94956bf3de7cfdedb2562a0eff698fed7f3e54bbf4476fbb23a192ddea04040f68efa5d03c3f9eb ec4109401b50433f1df267299d8b1ad2c485046c45e6b38da
Verifying...
verify returned: true
Speed test
Javascript needs 35.7ms/getPublicKey
Javascript needs 77.1ms/sign
Javascript needs 73ms/verify
Finished

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
Pages: « 1 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 [867] 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: