Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:24:10 PM

I made a withdrawal from DGEX, and not only do those asses take a 1.4% withdrawal fee, it's now been a few days and I still haven't seen my money. It took them two days to approach me by mail - the one I signed up with - and they're asking me to deposit more money to prove my identity. Two more days have passed since, a day since the last communication.

What the fuck? What a terrible exchange.

There's a notice that your account might be locked and put under investigation if you (or someone else) is trying to send money to a new account. I feel safe with such rules.

I dont feel save when someone keeps my money for "investigation"
better use BTER = professionals

Well, 2 step authorisation is better, but we have what we have. Since Dgex doesn't have 2SA it'll be better if they at least look for withdrawal addresses.

is not my problem.
I prefer use professional services, like BTER.
To sum up,DGEX is shit.

thousends of people "investigated" ..keeping their money for weeks... wtf..  i will stay away from this shit

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Labteck

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:25:24 PM

better use BTER = professionals services

It's fine as long as they don't violate ToS. U read ToS, didn't u?

of course, your money is Dgex money when you send it.

Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:30:33 PM

I made a withdrawal from DGEX, and not only do those asses take a 1.4% withdrawal fee, it's now been a few days and I still haven't seen my money. It took them two days to approach me by mail - the one I signed up with - and they're asking me to deposit more money to prove my identity. Two more days have passed since, a day since the last communication.

There's a notice that your account might be locked and put under investigation if you (or someone else) is trying to send money to a new account. I feel safe with such rules.

Well, 2 step authorisation is better, but we have what we have. Since Dgex doesn't have 2SA it'll be better if they at least look for withdrawal addresses.

is not my problem.
To sum up,DGEX is shit.

thousends of people "investigated" ..keeping their money for weeks... wtf..  i will stay away from this shit

Sure. It's up to you to decide. You don't like Dgex, then don't use it.

rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:30:40 PM

Rickyjames, Texas conference etc --

I can send you additional business card holders. Also, I'll have my dad do a test run on the stainless steel water bottles and see how they turn out (fingers crossed).

rj, justabit, nifty etc -- how many people do we anticipate a team of Nxt representatives would meet over the course of a conference? IOW, if I was to engrave a batch of bottles (or keychains, or <insert swag>), how many should I whip up? 20? 100?

Swag that is big and bulky is going to be very difficult to manage if we have no exhibitor table to use as a base.  Basically I intend to walk around two days shaking hands so any swag to give out would need to be small and light so I could lug it.  Engraving on objects is neat and I appreciate the effort but I also think it is expensive and I hate to see that go to waste when people just chuck it into a back drawer when they get home.  To me the key items are brochures and business cards - cheap, lights, full of information.
Labteck

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:33:08 PM

You can be sure that I will never use DGEX again.Grav seems nice guy, but DGEX is not prefessional.Thats all.

it's just businness.

Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:41:03 PM

You can be sure that I will never use DGEX again.Grav seems nice guy, but DGEX is not prefessional.Thats all.

it's just businness.

Absolutely. Just business. As for me, I bought nxt at 0.000069 on Dgex yesterday. About 5% lower then on Bter.

I'd love to use Btc-e only. I think it's a perfect exchange, but they don't trade Nxt, so I have to use Dgex and Bter.

coin5l1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:47:33 PM

I have a few questions about nxt if someone could clarify that'd be great.

When I click the peer tab it shows a list of not only names but IPs is this just people hosting or everyone connected to the network at the time?

Why Java? Java often has exploits, it's not something most people want on there pc.

Security, is it being worked on? Even if you don't want usernames, two passwords would be a drastic improvement. Even possibly a second password where it asks you 3 random characters of it, like character 1,4,7 like some online banks use.

Nxt forging, correct me if I'm wrong but when I see the unconfirmed transaction tabs all transactions seem to have a 1 nxt fee, regardless of the amount, based on that it doesn't seem to make sense why the bigger share holders forge drastically more, maybe it should be transaction based? The more you send and receive the bigger chance?

Will there ever be an offline wallet?
Thanks in advanced for any reply, what I said above wasn't supposed to be negative. I bought some yesterday as I think it has potential, it just needs work.
google98

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:47:40 PM

what about vircurex?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:52:50 PM

Why Java? Java often has exploits, it's not something most people want on there pc.

U confuse Java applications and Java applets that run in browsers.
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:55:49 PM

what about vircurex?

Vircurex is fine, but not too much liquidity.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:59:39 PM

@ AE client devs:

What input parameters do u need to get trade history? Is "asset" enough? Maybe range of block heights?
Agent86

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:08:46 PM

I had an idea about address format.  Maybe something to visually distinguish a NXT address from the many other crypto addresses… it can also "brand" our addresses so clones of NXT would most likely need to change this to look different.

something like:

Nxxxx xxxx X xxxx xxxxT

it might also just make you feel comfortable that you copied/pasted or typed your whole NXT address… you see the beginning, middle, and end.

I just know that I have copied/pasted a lot of various crypto addresses for different currencies such as with Cryptsy and they all look the same and I've wondered if I pasted the an address for the wrong coin.  Different credit cards start with different numbers Visa starts with 4, MasterCard starts with 5.  A lot of ID number for various things always start out the same so you can say look for a number that starts like…

I'm not sure if people think this is cheesy or unnecessarily adds complexity?... But I don't think it is much of a big deal to type a couple extra letters because people will often use QR codes or if they really want convenience at expense error checking they can send to aliases.

Maybe this may even stop someone from accidentally sending NXT to an address that was actually for a different or cloned crypto but still passed the basic NXT error checking.  We definitely need to change address format at some point.  The numerical address with no error check is a nightmare if NXT was used on a large scale.

Thoughts?  NxtChg, I know you were working on address format, what do you think?
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:10:59 PM

@ AE client devs:

What input parameters do u need to get trade history? Is "asset" enough? Maybe range of block heights?

yes please! range of block heights with '0' for all would be extremely nice!
ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:11:29 PM

On the same note, can I suggest that you get some panel mounted IO ports. Like this panel mounted USB port - http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/08/23/new-panel-mount-usb-cable-b-female-to-mini-b-male-and-panel-mount-usb-cable-b-female-to-micro-b-male/. One for the ethernet cable and solar panel connectors would look great too.
Also, purely from an Electrical Engineers pedantic perspective - I would mount a small fan running at low RPM on one of the sides of the box to prevent the entire thing from overheating.
Even removing the casing from the batteries might make the whole thing look a little bit cooler (by doing this you can access their power switches then, such that you could daisy chain the power switches to one master switch mounted on the front of the box).

Well, I wont turn this into a Barebone/Desktop computer. This is just a "chep" solar powered RasPI, nothing more. If I would add all these things, it would become expensive and time consuming. Open the battery case can be done at the conference to show off. A fan would take ~ 1 Watt more, that would kill the complete idea. Temps in the sun are ~ 63°C, so nothing to scare about.

A couple of NXT stickers on the sides of the box, line the insides with strips of LEDs, a bit of cable management and it will look amazing. It's the little things that make a setup/prototype like this. From experience, if you're going to do this you have to do it right and not have it look hacked together. That will scream the wrong message at people - "You can only do something like this if you are a genius".

It is still a prototype, but what about this photo? I leave the stickers done by the conference people Wink

Keep up the good work!  Smiley
Thanks!  Cheesy
mww

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:14:26 PM

is not my problem.
To sum up,DGEX is shit.

thousends of people "investigated" ..keeping their money for weeks... wtf..  i will stay away from this shit

apart from the extortionate fees that are killing it, DGEX is fine. ive transferred allot in and out and never had a single problem. i suggest you use the BTC instant withdrawal.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:17:03 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 01:29:06 PM by LiQio

(picture of beautiful self-made solar powered NXT miner)

great stuff ebereon!
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:20:31 PM

... picture removed

Very nice work ebereon, any idea of the price for all?

Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:23:26 PM

is not my problem.
To sum up,DGEX is shit.

thousends of people "investigated" ..keeping their money for weeks... wtf..  i will stay away from this shit

They are now asking me to send them my password in cleartext by mail.
What the hell.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:53:44 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 02:29:52 PM by xyzzyx

Separately, would it be possible to get an API call that somehow implements:

The client (spender) generates a CoinSpend signature on the transaction that includes the hash of the transaction as well as the Accumulator and PrivateCoin object. The resulting CoinSpend embeds both a coin serial number and a set of zero-knowledge proofs that prove (A) that the spender knows a coin in the transaction set, (B) that the serial number is consistent with the coin, and (C) the spender knows the secret values for the coin. These are all tied to the transaction hash. The client (spender) serializes the CoinSpend object and transmits the completed ZEROCOIN_SPEND transaction to the network.
[from https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin/wiki/Integrating-with-bitcoin-clients]

The above needs to trigger a NXT payment from some magic acct that previously received NXT. I just can't figure out the logistics of all that.
...and...
Please let us know when you have any details on this, I will feel much better about zerocoin port knowing the exact mechanism for this. Maybe it has to do with special account 0?

Back.  Had to take a nap, it was very late on the US east coast.

Let's say we agree that the cost of a zerocoin-nxt, which we'll call ZNX here for short, is 10 NXT.  

When we generate a ZEROCOIN_MINT transaction, we send 10 NXT to a special account and receive (genrate) 1 ZNX in return.  Our generated ZNX has a unique serial number only we know.

When we generate a ZEROCOIN_SPEND transaction which reveals the serial number to the network, if the serial number is not already revealed in the chain we receive 10 NXT from the special account.

This is how I understand it so far.

Also, a special account may not be needed since it may actually be redundant information in the network.  Depends on how tightly we want to couple the zerocoin concept with the Nxt software. (Also depends on how comfortable people are with the illusion of NXT seemingly disappearing and reappearing on the blockchain when a zerocoin transaction happens.)

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:56:58 PM

Mastercoin's distributed exchange date:

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/01/31/date-for-the-launch-of-the-mastercoin-distributed-exchange-with-real-msc-is-set/
Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: