Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:14:19 PM

You can kick this pig, is going nowhere. One of your big stakeholders in all respect of NXT dumped 1M coins on Bter just to let you all see I can.
I hope you all not surprised this pig is not moving.
The big stakeholders are offloading for more than a weeks now and they will continue to do so for months so don’t expect price to rise in the coming months, but expect the worse, and don’t give me the“good coins getting wide spread” now sh**, cos coins going nowhere, 60 people own 80% of NXT.!!!
You were still not able to release the “official” client (vaporware) so people will have to use other clients instead.
Nexern is personally responsible for the price dip (3x he did not deliver) that will follow after my message.
Just like CCinvestor I am a whale waiting to dump but as you do not succeed to produce anything I start dump right now. (and don’t give me the “good coins getting wide spread” again)
Marketing is a disaster and a joke, you gave 1M to 1 guy that decides to give it out on stupid translations and stupid video.
Nowhere have I seen any marketing effort of value! There is no master plan, no guidance and leadership like dogecoin did, lack of that will kill this puppy soon
Meanwhile you all discussing stupid things like voting system and color of the coin, NXT get your act together and start do something cos ethereum and emunie will kill you instantly they hit the market. What you all got right now is hot air.
It is arrogant to think you have something to offer that others don’t have, if you don’t start get NXT ibn to the open before ethereum and emunie might as well sell all your freaking coins right now cos rhey are worth sh***

and where is that f*** client!

Then get yourself together and make giveaways, promotions and fund some big projects. I'm not a big stakeholder, I have a few several thousand NXT, but I'm trying my personal best with my projects. If I would have 1 million NXT or more I would work full time on Nxt for 6 months or more, to make it worth nearly $1each.

Why should i, did lophie or any other 80 big holders do this?

Actually yes, I got several people totally ignorant of Bitcoin and other crypto to get on board on nxt by explaining Bitcoin then how nxt superceed it. I gave a minimum of 10k for each person and I have them on a mailing list to give them news, some sold at triple the entry price and some still holds but I guarentee you every single one of them is now more informed of crypto. I was lengthly interviewed for a local article about nxt and currently I am working on a couple of projects regarding nxt. My policy when I sell for cheap to aim at more people new to nxt, sell them at a discount to attract interest to nxt so basically I and other holders do alot of shit but we don't give free money because when we invested we paid ALOT of money, so back to sleep little boy.

- Lophie

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:16:11 PM

Not to mention that now we have a whole bunch of clients and need to somehow switch to the new format.

Well, at least for this part, jean-luc said he would support whatever format the community came up with, right? So whenever you and ricot finish your RS implementation (how is that going btw?) I'm sure we can seamlessly integrate it into NRS and all other clients.

It still doesn't make sense coz we move from signing transactions on NRS to signing on client side.
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:16:35 PM

can you post or pm me a file for paperweight size? I guess I could produce 100 of them rather cheaply.

I will. Requres some work. I'm super busy @ work right now but I'll get back to that in the weekend. Btw which material are you thinking of? I may have to chamfer the edges depending on the material being used for CNC.

I will use acrylic glass

NXT: 5231236538923913892
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:16:43 PM

You can kick this pig, is going nowhere. One of your big stakeholders in all respect of NXT dumped 1M coins on Bter just to let you all see I can.
The big stakeholders are offloading for more than a weeks now and they will continue to do so for months so don’t expect price to rise in the coming months, but expect the worse, and don’t give me the“good coins getting wide spread” now sh**, cos coins going nowhere, 60 people own 80% of NXT.!!!
You were still not able to release the “official” client (vaporware) so people will have to use other clients instead.
Nexern is personally responsible for the price dip (3x he did not deliver) that will follow after my message.
Just like CCinvestor I am a whale waiting to dump but as you do not succeed to produce anything I start dump right now. (and don’t give me the “good coins getting wide spread” again)
Marketing is a disaster and a joke, you gave 1M to 1 guy that decides to give it out on stupid translations and stupid video.
Nowhere have I seen any marketing effort of value! There is no master plan, no guidance and leadership like dogecoin did, lack of that will kill this puppy soon
Meanwhile you all discussing stupid things like voting system and color of the coin, NXT get your act together and start do something cos ethereum and emunie will kill you instantly they hit the market. What you all got right now is hot air.
It is arrogant to think you have something to offer that others don’t have, if you don’t start get NXT ibn to the open before ethereum and emunie might as well sell all your freaking coins right now cos rhey are worth sh***

Seriously if you don't believe in Nxt please dump all your coins. Do it PLEASE! I would rather see the price fall right now instead of having someone like you as a "whale" anytime longer. (if that is even true and you're not just trying to troll this thread)
Nobody owes you shit and nobody is scared of your threats.

I think the same.. the color of te coins?wtf.... common... where is the client where is the AE.. ? .? ? ?
etherum is comming baby...

etherum is a platform so when it comes (last week or this week or the one next to it, depends on the devs "mood" Cheesy), You have to wait for those to be developed.

P.S., I am VERY excited about etherium, Also NXT, Both are EXCELLENT projects.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:18:57 PM

Then get yourself together and make giveaways, promotions and fund some big projects. I'm not a big stakeholder, I have a few several thousand NXT, but I'm trying my personal best with my projects. If I would have 1 million NXT or more I would work full time on Nxt for 6 months or more, to make it worth nearly $1each.

Man, are you still in Kindergarten?

Also

I am a whale waiting to dump

That made me laugh so hard, when I just noticed it. This image of you will haunt me in my dreams.
I'm easily amused, me Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:19:18 PM

Hm... eMunie announced OB1 on 1 February

Following is a list of components not enabled for OB1:

Distributed P2P exchange (OB2 scheduled)
Distributed market place (OB2 scheduled)
Final economic model
API calls for the above
Remote admin panel for clients

much wow - so they finally designed the economic model? - as an economist I am really anxious to see it. fixing exchange rates is serious hard business if not impossible. the rest lets see in ob2 Cheesy
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:28:17 PM

Ripple is centralized.

No it's not. Their network is decentralized. Sure they have pre-mine, but so do we.

Because Ripple’s exchange is distributed as opposed to centralized, the whole concept of co-location becomes fundamentally different. There is simply no central location near which you would co-locate for a speed advantage. Ripple exists on servers around the world, and anyone can easily spin up their own copy of a Ripple server for free. (The code is open source.)

https://ripple.com/blog/ripples-distributed-exchange-and-the-high-frequency-trading-arms-race/

Emphasized important differences.

This is helpful in the distinction between decentralized and distributed: http://ripplescam.org/

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 12:35:46 PM

So whenever you and ricot finish your RS implementation (how is that going btw?) I'm sure we can seamlessly integrate it into NRS and all other clients.

The code is done, I am waiting for people to review it.

Then we must have another, legitimate vote on the alphabet to use and we don't have any legitimate voting system yet. Even BTT removed the newbie restrictions...

And I am not sure about "seamlessly". This will be a big change, which needs to be synchronized across all clients and sites.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
NxtChg

Activity: 840

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 12:42:19 PM

If we're afraid of memory corruption then we need to add error check for the amount of money sent and for the fee, don't we?  Smiley

Sure. Unfortunately it's not possible. But that's not a valid reason to skip address verification.

As I said before, the fact that you can die from a heart attack on an airplane, doesn't mean we now don't have to worry about engine safety.

Plus, if the amount is corrupted then the address will probably be corrupted too and if there is a check for it, such transaction will be rejected.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:57:07 PM

Please try to concentrate and read all three paragraphs right one after another. It is not SO difficult Wink

I can't pass the 2nd paragraph coz writing the code at the same time. I let someone else to continue the discussion instead of me.

I'd rather doubt someone else here is interested in statistics and the future of nxt coin at the same time. Is there? Wink

It is really important.

Steps 3-5 in http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Transparent_Forging from the statistics point of view are equivalent to comparing random numbers uniformly distributed between 0 and 1/N where N is number of coins in the wallet (normalization coefficient is the same for all wallets and is omitted for clarity).

Now imagine that you throw a dice with numbers from 1 to 6 and your opponent throws a semi-dice with three possible values from 1 to 3. Who gets the lower number wins the round. In half of the cases you will throw 4-6 and win. In the other half you will have 50:50 chances to win. Thus your chances are 1/2 + 1/4 = 0.75 and his chances are 1/4 = 0.25. Which is 3 times lower.

For arbitrary ratio K between two wallets the probability ratio is 2K-1. For example, a wallet with 100k coins is 199 times more likely to forge a block than 1k wallet.

I can send you those three paragraphs in a pm so that when you get a spare minute you could think about it and answer.

Or maybe there's another active thread where I can raise the issue? Who invented TF anyway? Was it you or BCNext Wink

You might be interested in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397183.1180
Alias

Activity: 127

Money be green

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:59:41 PM

The Vault of Satoshi Exchange has plans to trade NXT. www.vaultofsatoshi.com

Among those soon to be supported by the exchange are Marketcoin, and Nxt. However, these are taking considerably more work due to their fundamentally different architectures, he said.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/vault-of-satoshi-new-altcoin-support/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:01:03 PM

Man, are you still in Kindergarten?

Grin

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:03:12 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 01:26:28 PM by landomata

another CfB term "dynamical equilibrium"  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397183.msg4815754#msg4815754

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:28:49 PM

Not to mention that now we have a whole bunch of clients and need to somehow switch to the new format.

Well, at least for this part, jean-luc said he would support whatever format the community came up with, right? So whenever you and ricot finish your RS implementation (how is that going btw?) I'm sure we can seamlessly integrate it into NRS and all other clients.

It still doesn't make sense coz we move from signing transactions on NRS to signing on client side.

Ah, right, I forgot NRS is being removed. Yes, implementing this client-side.

So whenever you and ricot finish your RS implementation (how is that going btw?) I'm sure we can seamlessly integrate it into NRS and all other clients.

The code is done, I am waiting for people to review it.

Then we must have another, legitimate vote on the alphabet to use and we don't have any legitimate voting system yet. Even BTT removed the newbie restrictions...

And I am not sure about "seamlessly". This will be a big change, which needs to be synchronized across all clients and sites.

Clients can simply accept both old and new addresses. But the client will tell new users to use the new address scheme because it is safer. Eventually, most people will move to the new standard, if it proves superior, but we will still have legacy support for those few stubborn ones who like their old addresses (perhaps vanity). Of course, if you run an exchange, you can demand your customers to use RS format addresses only, so you don't have to deal with legacy addresses.

EDIT: How will this affect API calls?

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:37:38 PM

Personally i think NXT is a coin that can succeed, but i feel as though in order to do so any dependancy on BTC needs to be addressed.

Although i think direct trades on exchanges for BTC>NXT should continue, efforts should be made to allow people to use their native currencies to buy into NXT directly. I think this is one of the major steps needed to really make this coin a proper competitor - after all, it's what Bitcoin does.

Bitcoin is compared in value to FIAT.

NXT is compared largely to BTC, because thats often what it's traded with.

As long as this continues, i think NXT will find it harder to be pushed. So to speak.

If NXT managed to get FIAT trading, it would open up the market massively.
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:41:52 PM

Too many coins... I fear a very bad ending... hopefully not for cryptocurrencies in general.   Undecided

Don't worry. When I launch Qubic all cryptocoins will die, only cryptoplatforms will survive.

What will happen to Nxtcoins after you launch the Qubic?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:43:04 PM

Too many coins... I fear a very bad ending... hopefully not for cryptocurrencies in general.   Undecided

Don't worry. When I launch Qubic all cryptocoins will die, only cryptoplatforms will survive.

Nothing. Market is too far from saturation.
Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:44:20 PM

First LAK -> looking forward to it.
davethetrousers

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

Personally i think NXT is a coin

Well, let me stop you right there Cheesy Kiddin'

Seriously if you don't believe in Nxt please dump all your coins. Do it PLEASE! I would rather see the price fall right now instead of having someone like you as a "whale" anytime longer. (if that is even true and you're not just trying to troll this thread)
Nobody owes you shit and nobody is scared of your threats.

Full ACK.

If you somehow think you can't handle your large stake in NXT, then please contact me. I'm always looking to buy cheap.

Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

If NXT managed to get FIAT trading, it would open up the market massively.

It's not clear that NXT will be the first who works like an exchange.If this will happen some day..
We only see  a "test" that's all.

too much blablabla and talking about the color of the coin,thats all

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Pages: « 1 ... 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: