Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

Does anybody have a problem of BTER not crediting their coins? I made a transfer last night and its been sitting in their account for 24h. Nothing credited.
Weird because I never had problems with them, this is the first time..
Anyone else?
4 days and 12 hours

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:27:44 PM

Frictionless, I might be open to a 20 BTC bet. If you're interested, let's figure out the conditions in PM along with what odds you are willing to give. I'm John in this article:

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-nxt-listed-bter-exchange/

Not to be a douche, but a few BTC doesn't add any excitement to my life... 20 is a different story.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

I opened a new account for the first two times with 5.10 a few hours ago.  I just upgraded to 5.11 and reopened it just now to try and get the alias after James sent it some NXT.  It is showing zero balance with block 55052 as the last block with a 1 hr plus gap between 55052 and 55051.  Suggestions?
Did u delete the old blocks.nxt  and transactions.nxt files ? If not, do so (and the backups), restart, wait for the 5.11 to rebuild blockchain from scatch.

Looks like u've forked, old chap, I'm seeing 30 seconds between 55051 and 55052

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:29:55 PM

I opened a new account for the first two times with 5.10 a few hours ago.  I just upgraded to 5.11 and reopened it just now to try and get the alias after James sent it some NXT.  It is showing zero balance with block 55052 as the last block with a 1 hr plus gap between 55052 and 55051.  Suggestions?

Post 55052 and 55051 blocks data. And pm me with the account number.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:30:18 PM

is there a minimum donation? i wana help but dont have very much atall compared to you guys.. :/

There is no minimum.

If you want to donate, just donate what you can miss. Even 1 Nxt shows support.

Don't feel bad if you can't. Enjoy having your Nxt and being a part of the community.  Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

Frictionless, I might be open to a 20 BTC bet. If you're interested, let's figure out the conditions in PM along with what odds you are willing to give. I'm John in this article:

Not to be a douche, but a few BTC doesn't add any excitement to my life... 20 is a different story.

Well,  let me know what the conditions are.  

You are much wealthier than I am, so 20 BTC is a bit rich for my blood.

How about a gentlemanly 2 BTC?  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:34:31 PM

I'll let some of the other guys grab those bets, I appreciate the response.  I have a few larger bets in escrow right now, not my first rodeo. Smiley

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

PLEASE, can we stop entertaining this worthless troll? All he does is derail the thread over and over and over again.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:36:22 PM

OpenSSH just adopted Curve25519 as default.

OpenSSH version 6.5 adds support for the key exchange using elliptic-curve Diffie Hellman within cryptographer Daniel Bernstein’s elliptic-curve Curve25519. A 32-byte secret key will now be the default when both the client and server support it.

http://threatpost.com/boasting-better-encryption-bug-fixes-openssh-6-5-released

So... BCNext is one step ahead again!    Wink

Or one of the OpenSSH developers. Wink
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

PLEASE, can we stop entertaining this worthless troll? All he does is derail the thread over and over and over again.

This thread is just a pub. Let us to have some fun here, plz.
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

NXT - 3D graphics: Update #04

Golden age is here. Grin

I know that new design is suggested, I will look at it too.

All 3d renderings are here:
forums.nxtcrypto.org
nextcoin.org

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

I'll let some of the other guys grab those bets, I appreciate the response.  I have a few larger bets in escrow right now, not my first rodeo. Smiley

Well I'll take the 20 BTC bet if you're talking about a Nxt clone as the requirements.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

I'm tired of people making these dumb assumptions that proof of stake forging makes the rich richer, leading to some sort of financial crisis when they have all the nxt. this is only true if they hoard them forever and never trade them... also, the only reason someone has >10k in transaction fees is because of the alias landslide... im sure the fees each day is pretty insignificant right now.

says the guy that had 28 million NXT in the account...  http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=7579216551136708118

This rich (He took a big risk) vs. poor (you didn't take any risk) obsession is really getting tiring, here was my response to this a few days ago:

I think instead of focusing on the rich getting richer, we should focus on the poor not getting poorer.

In Bitcoin (and all it's clones), holders are basically paying a fee (10% of their holdings a year currently) just to hold their bitcoins. This fee is paid to miners, and the inflation it causes devalues everyone's stake. So the only people not getting poorer are ASIC manufacturers+friends mining huge amounts of bitcoin to dump, and passing that cost onto bitcoin holders. Thus, this is a very real situation of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer.

In NXT, everyone who is a stakeholder is guaranteed to not lose a single percent of their stake, ever. Sure, the rich may forge the majority of blocks, but that in no way affects the small stakeholder's holdings. This lets the small stakeholder build his stake up over time (let's say he works hard and gets paid in NXT), his stake will continue to grow and grow as long as he makes the effort. He may eventually even become a big stakeholder himself. In Bitcoin, the small stakeholder loses 10% of his stake every year, and has to fight an overwhelming uphill battle to get to the top.

So if you truly believe Bitcoin is better distributed (which, it is not: http://nxtcoin.blogspot.com/2014/01/nxt-distribution-infographics.html), if you truly believe that all miners are equal (which it is not, ASIC manufacturers own the scene now), and if you truly think that your Bitcoins aren't losing value over time (which they are, due to inflation caused by mining), then stick to Bitcoin.

Otherwise, why are you concerned with who holds what? Envy? In NXT, at least the small guys don't get screwed over by huge inflation pushing them lower and lower because they can't afford entire ASIC farms (which also assumes you get your ASIC on time, and not after they become worthless). If you work hard, present novel ideas, and get rewarded in NXT, your stake will only grow over time.

I was very late in finding NXT (after it was .00005), but after I saw how the NXT community was so different from anything else I have seen, I sold all my altcoins and bought NXT. Then I became active here and starting selling all my BTC for NXT, buying the dips. I got more and more involved and by liquidating other assets I gradually built up to a halfway respectable amount of NXT. I will never get to 50 million NXT, but with hard work and putting most all my money into NXT (taking a risk) I am up to ~1 million NXT. I guess I am a late early adopter Smiley

If NXT fails, then I will have lost a lot. If NXT succeeds, then I can retire comfortably, hopefully on just the forged income. ALL NXT accounts are averaging about 0.5% per year on their NXT. This is as fair as anything can get in the real world. I am all in, with occasional forays into DOGE when the NXT/DOGE ratio goes to a short term peak.

Now what makes me confident enough in NXT to put all my money into it? It is this community! By adding value in the way that I can, I can influence the future value of NXT. What other investment allows you to get personally involved and help maximize the value of your investment?

If you bought shares in google, do they let you work for them? No. Can you meaningfully change the value of any other top crypto? Doubtful.

I have had direct dealings with almost all the founders and they are all very generous and intelligent people. They were given an unexpected windfall and responsibility and are doing the best they can. Put yourself in their shoes, you know you have all this NXT and you have to distribute it, but you want to be sure it is spent on the right things.

I think most of the super large whale accts are from early adopter investors who are not the founders. Their mindset come from a purely buy low sell high mentality and I think they are not universally of the NXT founder mindset. I appeal to the 50 million+ NXT holders to invest a small percentage into the NXTfund. 100% of the NXTfund will be spent to increase the value of NXT and it will do you more good than just sitting in your acct. Think of it as a cost of doing business. Of course, wait until you are comfortable with what the NXTfund is doing. PM me if you have any specific things you want achieved with your donation. Directed donations are fine.

rickyjames is the treasurer of the NXTfund. I will not pay any of the NXTfund to myself, nor will I even be able to touch the money.

Now that I have been entrusted with 1.525 million NXT all of a sudden I have the responsibility of deciding the best way to allocate it. It is not easy. I am still not even sure which area it is best spent on. It is super important that the funds are spent as effectively as possible.

I want to show the NXT community that the NXTfund will do its best to maximize the value of NXT and to reflect the collective will of the community. As long as there is consensus, then my job is easy. However, if there is no consensus, then I will be forced to decide the exact allocation and if I make everybody equally unhappy then that probably means I am doing a good job.

As you know, I am a believer in marketing, but I am also somewhat technical. I try to see all sides and approach things as a generalist. At the high level I think allocating the NXTfund one third to tech, one third to marketing and one third for tbd is what makes sense. If anybody feels strongly about a different allocation, please post. The tbd is to deal with stuff I can't predict.

On the marketing side, we have all seen the power of making contacts at trade shows. Getting visibility with crypto industry decision makers. Recruiting new NXT community members. These are things that are pretty important. I am hoping that NXTfund will get directed donations for the marketing efforts so we can fully fund attendance at all the relevant trade shows.

On the tech side, there are many new competitors and NXT already has in progress features that match or exceed almost all of them. klee has rightly identified zerocoin functionality as a strategic feature and put 1 million NXT of his to make it happen. I agree with him and as you know I am actively working on that project. What other significant tech features are needed to make NXT have everything it needs? At this point the only significant missing piece I see is a whole set of DAC's to combat etherium.

I am projecting a few months into the future and assuming Asset Exchange clients are released, Account Control is done, etc. If NXT had half a dozen meaningful and significant DAC's running and working, we will be ahead of etherium in real world functionality and installed base, possibly before they officially launch!

If anybody has any other big tech piece that NXT needs in the next 6 months, please post ASAP. What I need help with now is figuring out what the most important DAC's to have are. I am looking for specific proposals for DAC's that will add the most value to NXT. I am still a bit unsure as to what exactly DAC's can do, but from what I can tell, it can do pretty much anything you can imagine. Even non techies can help with daydreaming about the ideal set of DAC's for NXT. Post ideas please!

I hope that Pin can keep track of all the suggested DAC's and if there are more than 5 of them, we can vote to which ones the community wants. I am thinking of 100,000 NXT bounty for each of the top 5 DAC's that are implemented. The sixth DAC is the NXTcash DAC that will be funded from klee's bounty.

Please, the 1.5 million NXT is this community's NXT to spend to maximize the value of NXT. As trustee, I am obligated to listen to this community's desires and reflect the spending accordingly. If you are against 500,000 NXT for the top 5 DAC's please speak up.

Sorry for the long post, I am the anti-CfB when it comes to post length

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:44:56 PM

You clearly have a lot of energy and now a lot of NXT, so why not work to make NXT increase in value? It will only help you add to your NXT that you have been "borrowing" from the poor newbies with weak password and your NEX suckers

Just BUILD on NXT and that would add value. You don't need to be a troll anymore now that you have so much NXT in your pockets.

The issue here is that Friction unfortunately has no skills to build anything worthwhile
He is very skilled at automating BTT acct creation. Look at his sockpuppet army. Probably has 25%+ of NEM. He also knows enough tech to sound halfway intelligent, just has problems with the details and gets carried away with preconceived conclusions. If he didn't ignore facts, he could be a very useful tester and even come up with some cool ideas.

We just need to convert him. Maybe when he scams the one million NXT from the hapless NEX crowd, the NXT will automatically convert him?

rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

I opened a new account for the first two times with 5.10 a few hours ago.  I just upgraded to 5.11 and reopened it just now to try and get the alias after James sent it some NXT.  It is showing zero balance with block 55052 as the last block with a 1 hr plus gap between 55052 and 55051.  Suggestions?

55052      16147959847405150404      1/31/2014 11:31:58 AM   
34      56'919 + 51      4'451 B   
2      8058897410386517129      3798658 %

55051      4598502818845733792      1/31/2014 10:19:24 AM   
5      0 + 5      670 B   
2      2086456349684390030      1899329 %   

Account number on the way via PM.

It is slowly rebuilding the chain after deleting blocks and transactions files...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

I opened a new account for the first two times with 5.10 a few hours ago.  I just upgraded to 5.11 and reopened it just now to try and get the alias after James sent it some NXT.  It is showing zero balance with block 55052 as the last block with a 1 hr plus gap between 55052 and 55051.  Suggestions?

5      0 + 5      670 B   

U r on a fork. Delete *.nxt files and catch the blocks.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:49:48 PM

5      0 + 5      670 B   

I can't catch up with 5.10. Had to upgrade to 5.11, now runs like a charm!

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

OpenSSH just adopted Curve25519 as default.

OpenSSH version 6.5 adds support for the key exchange using elliptic-curve Diffie Hellman within cryptographer Daniel Bernstein’s elliptic-curve Curve25519. A 32-byte secret key will now be the default when both the client and server support it.

http://threatpost.com/boasting-better-encryption-bug-fixes-openssh-6-5-released
Hmmm.. Does this mean BCNext was ahead of the rest of the industry in choosing the Curve25519? Might perhaps this show that BCNext is one of top cryptographers in the world?

James

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:51:30 PM

You actually made a useful post or two, thats progress! Then you went back to your old self...
You clearly have a lot of energy and now a lot of NXT, so why not work to make NXT increase in value? It will only help you add to your NXT that you have been "borrowing" from the poor newbies with weak password and your NEX suckers

Just BUILD on NXT and that would add value. You don't need to be a troll anymore now that you have so much NXT in your pockets.

yuriygeorge converted (where are his nice orderbook charts?) maybe you can too?

darkNXT is what I called the NXT that is in an account without any public password. Kind of like dark matter. Only 64 bit protection so you can easily crack the publicly accessible NXT. I think you said you can crack any such acct in a few hours instead of the years it is supposed to take so clearly you are the master cryptographer we need to bow down to.

James

What is this aboud darkNxt?  Sounds interesting,  what exactly happened and how much bounty is in those accounts?

There's 100000 nxt (~ 7btc now) waiting on account 100000: http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=100000

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

Might perhaps this show that BCNext is one of top cryptographers in the world?

We could ask him to do the audit of NRS crypto algo for 10 BTC...  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: