Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:54:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761540 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:23:35 AM

I ** REALLY ** want this dynamic automatic adjusting of overall network TPS. It is like dynamic memory allocation versus static allocation, except we are talking about expensive server costs here.
Managing the NXT network would become much simpler if we just had to identify the lagging nodes and dealing with those, rather than the alternative.

By picking the right percentage of acceptable blacklisted nodes and acceptable percentage of spillover blocks, we could lower overall NXT server costs by 50% or more.

James
I think we will get that blacklisting automatically with TF fully enabled. Do you remember that TF do kind of blackisting of accounts which skip their round of forging?
I figured it did, but if we somehow slowed down the networks TPS rate, then more nodes can catch up, reducing the blacklist percentage. I have no idea what percentage of nodes would get blacklisted at 1000 TPS, but I know that less would get blacklisted at 500TPS.

If we can run at 1000TPS and the blacklist percentage (from lack of speed) is acceptable, then let it run at full speed. however, if 60% of the network can;t keep up, then much better to slow down the overall TPS. If we can automatically do this, then there is no need to have the max TPS hardcoded.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:24:05 AM

just gave an interview with tai zen Smiley it was fun.

Do u have the link?

no he says its going to take a day or two to finish the editing.

I've seen the interview. And we know ur real name. Looks like u should change ur nickname now (Anon136). Smiley

what did you think? this may be a dry run for something like letstalkbitcoin in the future. did i make any mistakes? did i say anything false?

I thought you're that ~60 yo guy from your user pick  Smiley

Me too Cheesy

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

CfB,

I don't think anybody has disagreed with the 3 million NXT from unclaimed funds for marketing. Do you want to continue managing that by running polls, etc. or would you rather delegate that to someone else?

I suggest a directed donation of 3 million NXT to the NXTcommunityfund and let me deal with that headache. I would propose to put Pin in the position for tracking the spending as we know he will be watching it like a hawk. The marketing team would submit a budget each month with proposed expenses and as long as it is reasonable, it gets released.

The next 3 months are the most important times with all the other second gen cryptos coming out. I would much rather overspend by a bit during this period than underspend.

James

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:41:06 AM

CfB,

I don't think anybody has disagreed with the 3 million NXT from unclaimed funds for marketing. Do you want to continue managing that by running polls, etc. or would you rather delegate that to someone else?

I suggest a directed donation of 3 million NXT to the NXTcommunityfund and let me deal with that headache. I would propose to put Pin in the position for tracking the spending as we know he will be watching it like a hawk. The marketing team would submit a budget each month with proposed expenses and as long as it is reasonable, it gets released.

The next 3 months are the most important times with all the other second gen cryptos coming out. I would much rather overspend by a bit during this period than underspend.

James

No need to centralize more funds, use Nxtcommunityfund to build Nxt infrastructure & keep the current set up with Salsacz as marketing point person for main community marketing fund...as was agreed earlier.

make separate use of both funds....cuz at the moment results are lacking from both.

Edit: we can install Pin to audit the spending of both funds.

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:45:49 AM

Good job Joefox, I hope we will be able to deliver all spots on time Cheesy

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e80-beyond-bitcoin-uncut/#.Uu1x__l5PpW
(37th minute... btw 57th minute is also interesting)

and if someone cares... it cost 50% Nxt from the NxtMarketing fund..

Funding request

We have paid for 1 minute sponsor spot at the Let's talk Bitcoin for 3 months. (http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=2976219914929693803)

It cost 290k NXT for 3 months

- anonymous donator paid 50.000 Nxt
- neer.g would be willing to pay 1/3
- we are still looking for: 150.000 Nxt

first violet table:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=15

Could we spare some unclaimed coins for this advertisement?

NxtMarketing account:

Once again I have to say something as paying this huge amount just to be mentioned in a show where most of the listeners probably already know about Nxt (people that know about cryptos) is just ridiculous.
They will mention Nxt anyway when it's worth mentioning, right now, there is no real reason.

I disagree. This minute isn't about just mentioning Nxt, and it isn't just an advertisement. It will be a regular one minute news update allowing all LTB listeners to stay current on happenings in the Nxt world. Once they realize what's going on, I bet even the staunch Nxt haters will be interested enough to check out the wiki after 9 or 10 episodes. A lot of talented people and influencers in the Bitcoin community pay attention to LTB, so this flow of information is likely to spread beyond the LTB audience as well.

Btw, salsacz, I support jl777's notion of using some of the 3 mil unclaimed Nxt allocated towards marketing to pay the difference.

One suggestion I'd like to make, if mindtomatter is reading, is that the Nxt minute was rather awkwardly placed in this episode. Perhaps there wasn't much opportunity to place it in a more natural pause, but it would be good to avoid the feeling of interruption when it comes on. Timing and placement could really negatively influence people's emotional response if not done well.

The deal was that salsacz would report back in detail to the community with what has been realized.

I think the community also wants a report of what comes in marketing fund and what was going out and to whom.

After evaluation community would vote for the next partial payment of 250k NXT.

What we see now is that there is still 305,000 NXT to spend.

Meanwhile salsacz is asking for donations for the conferences 250K and asking for donations for LTB advertising 290k

It is still to be seen if community want to spend NXT for these purposes and under what for conditions.

I have asked if it is needed to send 7 people to conferences and I would like to see in detail whom is going to which conference and who will receive payment for that and whom is going at free will paying himself.

I don’t get answers. I urge to make an optimization of the attendees to the conferences (who lives nearby)

Don’t misunderstand me, marketing is doing a great job but the community has the right to challenge the expenses, they don’t have to give a blank cheque

Pin

pinarello: sorry, but since all you can do is just trolling and bullying (your annoying fighting against dgex (20+ posts), against emule (10+ posts), against marketing (5+posts)), then just welcome to the ignore list.

If you cannot read the googledoc, where are ALL payments from and for the NxtMarketing, then is is not my fault, it is quite simple to click at the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=15

There was no partial payment from community funds, everything came from private donators

I am the only one guy who created a list of conferences, who created a list of people of conferences, who is constantly inviting people to the conferences and also who was trying to start to get the funding for the conferences. On the other hand is the only one guy who constantly cirtisez all that comes to the marketing etc
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:49:55 AM

I am the only one guy who created a list of conferences, who created a list of people of conferences, who is constantly inviting people to the conferences and also who was trying to start to get the funding for the conferences.

Keep up to good work....just try to develop an objective way for the community to judge the results of the spending. (accounts created, Nxt mentions in media, number of Google searches. etc.)

This is normal practice for  any marketing department when they have to report to management.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:50:40 AM

CfB,

James

No need to centralize more funds, use Nxtcommunityfund to build Nxt infrastructure & keep the current set up with Salsacz as marketing point person for main community marketing fund...as was agreed earlier.

make separate use of both funds....cuz at the moment results are lacking from both.

As long as it is clear that 3 million unclaimed NXT are allocated to marketing. I just wanted to make sure we won't get a surprise witholding of funding to marketing. Or having to approve everything by polls. We have a marketing team that has achieved results. If anybody has better ideas on how to spend marketing, definitely post your ideas and they will get used. just like writing code takes time, so does marketing. You can't get instant results. As long as we are doing the things that makes sense, then it will take time, but over time the NXT message will get out there.

We do have to get a proactive NXT message out there to counteract the anti-NXT bias that exists.

James

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:52:34 AM

CfB,

James

As long as it is clear that 3 million unclaimed NXT are allocated to marketing. I just wanted to make sure we won't get a surprise witholding of funding to marketing. Or having to approve everything by polls. We have a marketing team that has achieved results. If anybody has better ideas on how to spend marketing, definitely post your ideas and they will get used. just like writing code takes time, so does marketing. You can't get instant results. As long as we are doing the things that makes sense, then it will take time, but over time the NXT message will get out there.

We do have to get a proactive NXT message out there to counteract the anti-NXT bias that exists.

James

3 million is already approved....but we need to see result of the 1st 250,000k...to release the next portion.

I;m against transfering said 3 million to Nxtcommunityfund.....lets keep them separate.

Edit: we need an objective way to track results (i'm sure Salsacz will come up with something)....this is a normal practice for marketing departments.

Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

Just remembered I forgot to answer this:

Joefox has powered up our wiki. We now support LaTeX and can do really geeky things like

We also have a quick guide to LaTeX. Not sure if everyone who needs to use LaTeX already knows it, so I haven't written much yet. If anyone needs a more in-depth tutorial, just let me know Smiley

That's great! Can I import text from "tex" files? I need to read some papers...

You can, but you need to replace some LaTeX markup (not the math part, the general LaTeX formatting and environment part) with wiki markup. I just added some details here.

Not all math LaTeX is supported by the mediawiki math engine, there's some complex stuff that will bork. If something goes bad (e.g. if you see BIG RED WORDS in the preview), let me know and I'll troubleshoot.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:57:09 AM

I am the only one guy who created a list of conferences, who created a list of people of conferences, who is constantly inviting people to the conferences and also who was trying to start to get the funding for the conferences.

Keep up to good work....just try to develop an objective way for the community to judge the results of the spending. (accounts created, Nxt mentions in media, Google searches. etc.)

This is normal practice for  any marketing department when they have to report to management.

Everything is being reported https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.440
Everybody is encouraged to help.

Metrics are a good idea, but it is not exactly easy to create a direct correlation of any single expenditure to a specific account creation.

Now advertising is directly measurable, but the NXT community clearly rejected that.

Marketing and PR take time. It is both qualitative and quantitative.

I, personally, am impressed with what the marketing team has achieved. Let us not be such micromanagers of an area that might be outside our expertise.

Does anybody have serious issues about the quality of the Marketing? If so, please help improve it. We need Marketing/PR

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:59:36 AM

CfB,

James

James

3 million is already approved....but we need to see result of the 1st 250,000k...to release the next portion.

I;m against transfering said 3 million to Nxtcommunityfund.....lets keep them separate.

Edit: we need an objective way to track results (i'm sure Salsacz will come up with something)....this is a normal practice for marketing departments.

So far 0 NXT has been released from unclaimed NXT for marketing!
CfB: Can we PLEASE release some of the approved funds.
As long as the approved funds flow to marketing, I have no desire to have it in NXTcommunityfund. It is only when there seems a difficulty in getting the funds released that I have a feeling to do so.

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:01:14 AM

Keep up to good work....just try to develop an objective way for the community to judge the results of the spending. (accounts created, Nxt mentions in media, Google searches. etc.)

Metrics are a good idea, but it is not exactly easy to create a direct correlation of any single expenditure to a specific account creation.

Now advertising is directly measurable, but the NXT community clearly rejected that.

I, personally, am impressed with what the marketing team has achieved. Let us not be such micromanagers of an area that might be outside our expertise.

Does anybody have serious issues about the quality of the Marketing? If so, please help improve it. We need Marketing/PR

James

Salsacz is doing a great job....but some objective matrix is required if only to adjust our spending to most profitable efforts once we know what they are...we need to know what marketing efforts work after all right.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:04:22 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 09:29:05 AM by pinarello

pinarello: sorry, but since all you can do is just trolling and bullying (your annoying fighting against dgex (20+ posts), against emule (10+ posts), against marketing (5+posts)), then just welcome to the ignore list.

If you cannot read the googledoc, where are ALL payments from and for the NxtMarketing, then is is not my fault, it is quite simple to click at the link:

There was no partial payment from community funds, everything came from private donators

I am the only one guy who created a list of conferences, who created a list of people of conferences, who is constantly inviting people to the conferences and also who was trying to start to get the funding for the conferences. On the other hand is the only one guy who constantly cirtisez all that comes to the marketing etc

And you must learn to talk in less I and more we

I have made a video, I have made an article, I have made an document I have…. And repost it over and over

Sure if people ask critical questions about your expenses they get on your ignore list.

I know you wish to go to Amsterdam, I know you wish to go to Berlin, but we have talented people whom live there.

And if that is trolling ok fine

edit: I asume you will pay for yourself IF you go.

Pin

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:06:55 AM

James

Salsacz is doing a great job....but some objective matrix is required if only to adjust our spending to more profitable efforts.
What "more profitable efforts" do you suggest. Marketing thread is an open process. ANYBODY can contribute. Do you think Salsacz will ignore good ideas?

As long as we trust Salsacz to make good decisions, then it is a matter of monthly budget. This is Feb. Are we really so objectively dissatisfied with January's marketing results that you are considering to not funding Feb? Are you ignoring emunie, etherium and mastercoin? They all make releases in Feb. You suggest to stop marketing spending now???

James

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:10:10 AM

As long as we trust Salsacz to make good decisions, then it is a matter of monthly budget. This is Feb. Are we really so objectively dissatisfied with January's marketing results that you are considering to not funding Feb? Are you ignoring emunie, etherium and mastercoin? They all make releases in Feb. You suggest to stop marketing spending now???

James
'

Its been less than a month....i'm not asking for any results at the moment just for Salsacz to come up with some objective metrics so the community can quickly judge and decide when future portions are to be released.

EDIT: example No.1. RADIO SPOT or PRINT AD SPOT....which one had more results versus spent cost etc.

OBJECTIVE METRICS == Number of Tweets mentioning Nxt...per. day after the marketing effort. etc.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:11:40 AM

Good job Joefox, I hope we will be able to deliver all spots on time Cheesy

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e80-beyond-bitcoin-uncut/#.Uu1x__l5PpW
(37th minute... btw 57th minute is also interesting)

and if someone cares... it cost 50% Nxt from the NxtMarketing fund..

Funding request

We have paid for 1 minute sponsor spot at the Let's talk Bitcoin for 3 months. (http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=2976219914929693803)

It cost 290k NXT for 3 months

- anonymous donator paid 50.000 Nxt
- neer.g would be willing to pay 1/3
- we are still looking for: 150.000 Nxt

first violet table:

Could we spare some unclaimed coins for this advertisement?

NxtMarketing account:

Once again I have to say something as paying this huge amount just to be mentioned in a show where most of the listeners probably already know about Nxt (people that know about cryptos) is just ridiculous.
They will mention Nxt anyway when it's worth mentioning, right now, there is no real reason.

I disagree. This minute isn't about just mentioning Nxt, and it isn't just an advertisement. It will be a regular one minute news update allowing all LTB listeners to stay current on happenings in the Nxt world. Once they realize what's going on, I bet even the staunch Nxt haters will be interested enough to check out the wiki after 9 or 10 episodes. A lot of talented people and influencers in the Bitcoin community pay attention to LTB, so this flow of information is likely to spread beyond the LTB audience as well.

Btw, salsacz, I support jl777's notion of using some of the 3 mil unclaimed Nxt allocated towards marketing to pay the difference.

One suggestion I'd like to make, if mindtomatter is reading, is that the Nxt minute was rather awkwardly placed in this episode. Perhaps there wasn't much opportunity to place it in a more natural pause, but it would be good to avoid the feeling of interruption when it comes on. Timing and placement could really negatively influence people's emotional response if not done well.

The deal was that salsacz would report back in detail to the community with what has been realized.

I think the community also wants a report of what comes in marketing fund and what was going out and to whom.

After evaluation community would vote for the next partial payment of 250k NXT.

What we see now is that there is still 305,000 NXT to spend.

Meanwhile salsacz is asking for donations for the conferences 250K and asking for donations for LTB advertising 290k

It is still to be seen if community want to spend NXT for these purposes and under what for conditions.

I have asked if it is needed to send 7 people to conferences and I would like to see in detail whom is going to which conference and who will receive payment for that and whom is going at free will paying himself.

I don’t get answers. I urge to make an optimization of the attendees to the conferences (who lives nearby)

Don’t misunderstand me, marketing is doing a great job but the community has the right to challenge the expenses, they don’t have to give a blank cheque

Pin

Speaking of upcoming conference in Austin, since I live here I can order t-shirts for attendants and meet them before the conference. Do we have a list of people who are going to Austin so I can contact them to have their sizes? I can also print other stuff like business cards, flyers etc.

pinarello

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:13:32 AM

Salsacz is doing a great job....but some objective matrix is required if only to adjust our spending to more profitable efforts.
What "more profitable efforts" do you suggest. Marketing thread is an open process. ANYBODY can contribute. Do you think Salsacz will ignore good ideas?

James
[/quote]

I was saying marketing did a great job, apparently salsacz wishes to not read it and personal attack me.

I had just some questions that is all, but hey, give marketing 10M right away fine with me.

But when the feast is over whom will beg to the founders, and what will you think the answer will be.

Pin

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:15:56 AM

James
'

Its been less than a month....i'm not asking for any results at the moment just for Salsacz to come up with some objective metrics so the community can quickly judge and decision when future portions are to be released.

#5 coinmarketcap.com

I think that is a pretty good objective metric, especially since it used to be lower just a couple of weeks ago. Marketing takes time and sometimes impossible to have accurate metric. In any case, the metric to measure marketing shouldn't be defined by marketing. It needs to be defined outside of marketing.

You seem to feel strongly about this, so why not come up with these objective metrics you are so fond of. Keep in mind the danger of metrics is that marketing could end up concentrating on making sure the metric numbers look good to get more funding, so the metrics you come up with needs to be something that is really important and correlates to what marketing can influence.

If we maximized google searches, we could end up spending money to maximize google searches. Is that really that important?

Right now, marketing is working on converting the crypto industry decision makers attitude about NXT. This has nothing to do with google searches.

James

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:17:10 AM

@ Salscaz:

OBJECTIVE METRICS == Number of Tweets mentioning Nxt...per. day after the marketing effort. etc

you can build on this easily per. week.....per region.....very objective.

EDIT: Did the tweets spike up in southern California region after the LTB radio show?  we can track this for the next episode.

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:21:52 AM

landomata: it is impossible to get 100% metrics.
We have managed a lot of publicity for NXT. If it hadn't been for the work we've done then noone would almsot know about NXT and we'd be stuck in 2 small exchanges.

Now we have articles popping up in the big bitcoin sites, in the bitcoin conferences we have made several connections, we're on more and more exchanges etc.
Marketing is where we *have* to keep spending NXT. It is the reason NXT is worth what it is today. The tech alone would not make NXT grow this much. Just look what happened after BTer. 200% incease
Pages: « 1 ... 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: