Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37166 times)
fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:26:36 PM

Update:

Z9 delay 5-7 days, bitmain is (not joking) offering a $90 coupon.  LOL.  I was being sarcastic when I said $100 but apparently I was pretty close.  Everyone should ask for a free miner or a deep discount on a 2nd z9, anyone who ordered 1st batch z9 will not realistically be getting it in hands until 3rd or 4th week of September.  Utterly a pathetic sack of shit joke.  Pretty much everyone got screwed on this by bitmain hardcore.  The amount of coins they will product come end of month vs what they would have been in beginning of October is literally half or even less.
johndoe1337

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

Hey all

quick questions regarding pure logic, people say that bitmain is currently mining with the miner they are going to ship and they sell us
people also say that when the new miners are shipped, the difficulty will increase a LOT

but if bitmain is really mining with them right now, the difficulty shouldn't change, no?
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:19:01 PM

Update:

Z9 delay 5-7 days, bitmain is (not joking) offering a $90 coupon.  LOL.  I was being sarcastic when I said $100 but apparently I was pretty close.  Everyone should ask for a free miner or a deep discount on a 2nd z9, anyone who ordered 1st batch z9 will not realistically be getting it in hands until 3rd or 4th week of September.  Utterly a pathetic sack of shit joke.  Pretty much everyone got screwed on this by bitmain hardcore.  The amount of coins they will product come end of month vs what they would have been in beginning of October is literally half or even less.

Yup, just saw this email -- $90 is an absolute joke. I have 3 of these darned things on order.

-j

Tailgunner

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:21:18 PM

my Z9 minis arrived today.

1.:
nicehash gives me 77% efficience.
What's wrong?

Nicehash is not compatible with the Z9 mini. Nicehash claim it would require a special firmware update to the miner to be compatible.
fccs

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:52:01 PM

Knew this was a gamble when I ordered these.  Bitmain is absolute garbage trash scum.  I expected something to be wrong or lose somehow on this bet so whatever.  We will probably get them like Sept 20th with everyone else in all the other batches and they will make 5zec a month lol.  Joke.
efudd

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:06:49 PM

Knew this was a gamble when I ordered these.  Bitmain is absolute garbage trash scum.  I expected something to be wrong or lose somehow on this bet so whatever.  We will probably get them like Sept 20th with everyone else in all the other batches and they will make 5zec a month lol.  Joke.

bets they are actually premining with these things.

... my faith in the company has dropped significantly.

I am running 12 Z9 minis and ordered 3 Z9s under the assumption that if I doubled my hashrate at the same time the next batch of minis came online (around 9/1), I could sustain $300 or so a day for another 30 days before the next drop... Instead, I'm losing weeks of mining while they double profit: (1) the miners, (2) premining.

I don't believe they don't pre-mine.
... and then there is the 25% tariff I'm expecting to get hit with on 10kusd...

Meh.

-j

johndoe1337

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:05:05 PM

Knew this was a gamble when I ordered these.  Bitmain is absolute garbage trash scum.  I expected something to be wrong or lose somehow on this bet so whatever.  We will probably get them like Sept 20th with everyone else in all the other batches and they will make 5zec a month lol.  Joke.

I am running 12 Z9 minis and ordered 3 Z9s under the assumption that if I doubled my hashrate at the same time the next batch of minis came online (around 9/1), I could sustain $300 or so a day for another 30 days before the next drop... Instead, I'm losing weeks of mining while they double profit: (1) the miners, (2) premining.

Meh.

-j

i posted earlier the same question but i repost it here:

people say that bitmain is currently mining with the miner they are going to ship and they sell us
people also say that when the new miners are shipped, the difficulty will increase a LOT

but if bitmain is really mining with them right now, the difficulty shouldn't change, no?

what do you think?
Tailgunner

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:12:50 PM

Meh.

-j

i posted earlier the same question but i repost it here:

people say that bitmain is currently mining with the miner they are going to ship and they sell us

what do you think?

When batch 1 shipped I expected a sharp immediate diff increase which did not happen, same with batch 2. I suspect they simply unplug a miner and ship it off and then over time replace them with new ones as they get off the assembly line. This explains why the diff increase has been gradual when new batches ship rather than an immediate sharp spike.
efudd

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:28:31 PM

...snip...

When batch 1 shipped I expected a sharp immediate diff increase which did not happen, same with batch 2. I suspect they simply unplug a miner and ship it off and then over time replace them with new ones as they get off the assembly line. This explains why the diff increase has been gradual when new batches ship rather than an immediate sharp spike.

This is my assumption based on observations also. The peak is slowly going up as devices come online "permanently" with end customers.

-j

johndoe1337

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:41:05 PM

...snip...

This is my assumption based on observations also. The peak is slowly going up as devices come online "permanently" with end customers.

-j

oki thanks i see

they really have the best business model ever lol, they win on all the levels (except BCH xDDD)
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

it's still profitable to buy Z9 or A9 ?
i have almost free electricity (0.02-0.03$ per kwh)
is it possible to achieve Payback under 4 month?
any advice?

with that cheap electricity you buy
8 Antminer S9j-14.5TH/s
for the price 1  z9
much better deal....in 1 month time z9 not make $20 a day
and s9j  make more than that

So you saying, btc miners are more profitable on long term ?
qalowe

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

Update:

My theory is I bet they realized everyone found a workaround for overclocking the batch 2 Z9 mini's and are scrambling to remove that capability from the Z9 max, just so they can screw us over even more.
efudd

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

Update:

My theory is I bet they realized everyone found a workaround for overclocking the batch 2 Z9 mini's and are scrambling to remove that capability from the Z9 max, just so they can screw us over even more.

Nah. you can ssh in and OC it no problem -- i don't even use the web interfaces on mine.

-j

fccs

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:31:11 AM

100% that's what this scumbag company is doing.  Scrambling to find a way to take off the ability to overclock or at least try to make it harder knowing that the z9's technically should be able to be 60KH mining machines and not 40 based off same amount of chips at z9 minis.  They know this and either have to change the chips to shitty ones and not the same as the mini's have, or find a way to limit.  Literally the amount of money this delay has caused is a fucking joke.  Not to mention 1st batch buyers.. who paid the most, will now ship with 2nd and 3rd batch z9 orders making it absolutely retarded why they even have BATCH orders if they all wind up shipping at same time.  We are now in 2nd batch when they were suppose to be shipping (starting 11th) and not one person has even received a batch 1 miner yet.  Even though we paid the most for BATCH 1.  I was going to try a couple of these out and order 10 more but not anymore.  No way am I touching these with a 10ft pole unless they were like $1000 or something.  Just not worth the gamble at the price they are and the profits diminishing as fast as they are.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:19:20 AM

100% that's what this scumbag company is doing.  Scrambling to find a way to take off the ability to overclock or at least try to make it harder knowing that the z9's technically should be able to be 60KH mining machines and not 40 based off same amount of chips at z9 minis.  They know this and either have to change the chips to shitty ones and not the same as the mini's have, or find a way to limit.  Literally the amount of money this delay has caused is a fucking joke.  Not to mention 1st batch buyers.. who paid the most, will now ship with 2nd and 3rd batch z9 orders making it absolutely retarded why they even have BATCH orders if they all wind up shipping at same time.  We are now in 2nd batch when they were suppose to be shipping (starting 11th) and not one person has even received a batch 1 miner yet.  Even though we paid the most for BATCH 1.  I was going to try a couple of these out and order 10 more but not anymore.  No way am I touching these with a 10ft pole unless they were like $1000 or something.  Just not worth the gamble at the price they are and the profits diminishing as fast as they are.

would you you still go ahead and buy their A, B, C miners in batch 1 in future?
fccs

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:24:39 AM

100% that's what this scumbag company is doing.  Scrambling to find a way to take off the ability to overclock or at least try to make it harder knowing that the z9's technically should be able to be 60KH mining machines and not 40 based off same amount of chips at z9 minis.  They know this and either have to change the chips to shitty ones and not the same as the mini's have, or find a way to limit.  Literally the amount of money this delay has caused is a fucking joke.  Not to mention 1st batch buyers.. who paid the most, will now ship with 2nd and 3rd batch z9 orders making it absolutely retarded why they even have BATCH orders if they all wind up shipping at same time.  We are now in 2nd batch when they were suppose to be shipping (starting 11th) and not one person has even received a batch 1 miner yet.  Even though we paid the most for BATCH 1.  I was going to try a couple of these out and order 10 more but not anymore.  No way am I touching these with a 10ft pole unless they were like $1000 or something.  Just not worth the gamble at the price they are and the profits diminishing as fast as they are.

would you you still go ahead and buy their A, B, C miners in batch 1 in future?

Nope.  I've rarely used any bitmain miners throughout the years.  I used to heavily mine zcash and stopped a while back due to the asic coming out for it.  I wanted to get some asics and let them run it for a while for old times sake basically.  Not fond of a company that does these sorts of tactics though and def. will not be buying from them again.  This act costs people thousands and not to mention it keeps raking up because none of us have the miners still in our hands but that's just how bitmain plays it sometimes.  The only miners I use from bitmain are usually end of life miners I get for a deep discount to flip or let mine during a bullrun later down road.  It's just very shitty knowing that they have the z9's ready to damn well ship no problems.. yet they CHOOSE to figure ways to screw the customers before shipping and will even delay it further in order to do so.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:58:46 AM

Bitmain has been doing this for years and yet people keep running back to them. People received "new" S3s that had thick coats of dust on the fan blade edges and on the intake side of their miners back in the day and so many Bitmain devotees defended them.

Of course they're not the only ones. BFL (the kings of corrupt crypto ASIC manufacturers) was proven to be mining with their customer hardware in court and yet nobody got jailtime. Bitmain has no fear of reprisal.
wsopft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:55:21 AM

it's still profitable to buy Z9 or A9 ?
i have almost free electricity (0.02-0.03$ per kwh)
is it possible to achieve Payback under 4 month?
any advice?

with that cheap electricity you buy
8 Antminer S9j-14.5TH/s
for the price 1  z9
much better deal....in 1 month time z9 not make $20 a day
and s9j  make more than that

So you saying, btc miners are more profitable on long term ?

Long term yes  100%.... z9 profits is down every day and the z9s not arrive yet...btc miners not much profit because people pay expensive  electric up to $.19 kwh (that is what i pay in UK 14.5 pence kwh) with 2 cents kwh is a winner
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:04:25 AM

WoW, the profits on Equihash are going down crazy fast.
I made the right decision to not touch these, it looked too good to be true to begin with.
efudd

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

WoW, the profits on Equihash are going down crazy fast.
I made the right decision to not touch these, it looked too good to be true to begin with.

totally screwed by bitmain.
i'm just over 51% recovered on my initial Z9 minis... and (now obviously it was a dumb decision) I used the first returns from that to order Z9s thinking "Yeah, I'll get them when the 2nd batch minis come out, and will stay ahead of the curve sustaining my profit lines for longer".

Dumb.

-j

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: