Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37166 times)
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:19:24 PM

So what am I or you supposed to do in this case?

It's not Bitmain's fault that it can design and manufacture high efficiency mining machines.
It's not Bitmain's customers fault that they desire to buy said mining machines.

Oh, they've been mining for a few months with these machines and then they decided to sell them to the public now.
So what? Can't really sue them for it can you. It's just their strategy.

The system was flawed from the beginning, since they were allowed to centralize bitcoin with their asics, and now all we can do is bitch and moan about it.
This really pisses me off  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dude77

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:27:45 PM

I havent seen any coins announce they are forking. Its pretty stupid to hate a company that saved me a ton of money. I would buy 20 1070s to mine, (I have), why would I not buy one these instead. Less power, space, heat, cost, and various other pluses. People have warehouses full of GPUs. The hate for what Bitmain does, is ridiculous when GPUs are literally doing the same thing. Except they are using more power in some cases. If you think GPU miners arent causing the same issues, then you are naive. GPUs also cost more money per hash, and is also taking away a lot from th gaming industry causing huge disruption and price hikes. If any of you built a computer that mined better then anyone else, ALL of you would use it.

They should care because the extra hashrate will cause zec price to dump since there will suddenly be way more sellers than buyers. If they care about their premine they'll switch algos.
MSV

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

Is anyone else stuck on Bitmain order page? Cannot add New Address. Country list is blank/ no data so cannot select or anything thus form won't submit without a required field.

only time ive seen greyed out stuff is when they sell out. do they still have inventory?

Can still add to cart, although site is slow. I suppose OK for existing registered customers who previously added an address. Probably still have inventory and just a site issue for new customers. 
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:27:46 PM

Wow, I think that's NVIDIA mining rig killer, with the price, power consumption, and the hash is really killer for Equihash miner. Hmmm why I'm sad when this monster came, it can make the coins price down if they are not fork right?
Dagamus(NM)

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

Speculation on what the full size z9 or z9+ will bring? 40Ksol/s @ 1200W for $4K?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:55:50 PM

I havent seen any coins announce they are forking. Its pretty stupid to hate a company that saved me a ton of money. I would buy 20 1070s to mine, (I have), why would I not buy one these instead. Less power, space, heat, cost, and various other pluses. People have warehouses full of GPUs. The hate for what Bitmain does, is ridiculous when GPUs are literally doing the same thing. Except they are using more power in some cases. If you think GPU miners arent causing the same issues, then you are naive. GPUs also cost more money per hash, and is also taking away a lot from th gaming industry causing huge disruption and price hikes. If any of you built a computer that mined better then anyone else, ALL of you would use it.

your sound like a bitmain shill, gaming ? really games dont need this many gpus, they need 2 or 4 max theres plenty in the supply chain for gamers.

you basically prove my point , the compaines that make gpus AMD and Nividia are not in direct competition with gpu miners , they supply a good you can USE to mine or game or do vr , fold at home whatever, they are Agnostic.

on the orher hand bitmain sells USED fucking gear that has already made them millions to you the midless shill at near end of life profablity, u think u are doing good making 1000 a month when you recive your heater in june ?

wrong they ran that same heater, at least the chips on it till the repacked it for u geniuses at close to 10k a month at 10k sols since december or naybe even this time last year 😂😂🤦🏿‍♂️😂

thata the problem with bitmain they sell equipment AFTER they have milked the bulk of the profablity out of it ,
basically doublw dipping.

So many more things i could go into but its a waste of my time

fuck bitmain and thier shills

You're an idiot. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is a big money vs little money issue. People with more money will win. Always. GPU, ASIC, or otherwise. There is nothing that you can say that will disprove that. You are trying to tell me that 10k/sol in asic and 10k sol in GPU is somehow different? Because I have that. Quite frankly im glad i didnt have to buy another freakin 18+ GPUs to get the same hashrate.  Which proves how stupid your argument is. I can literally have an asic and a GPU rig with the same hash rate, in the same room, and one makes me a bitmain pushing shill? Stupid.  Think before you talk. People who want 10k sols will get 10k sols. ASICs are destroying the PoW and GPUs are destroying PC stock for other applications. Miners are buying ALL of them. SO what the hell is the difference....You cant pick and choose whats right and wrong. They are both literally doing the same thing in different venues. You just sound like a bandwagon hater that has no idea what they are trying to even hate on. You seriously think ALL GPU manufactures arent doing the EXACT same thing running warehouses of GPUs. You are so naive its laughable. Wanna know how i know you are full of crap? Bitmain isnt the only ASIC manufacturer and its the only one you bring up. Move on hater. You go ahead and bleed power mining the same coin with whatever you manage to scrape up to get that high a hashrate. Spend all that money, waste all that time building it, waste even more power and resources on your city, pay more in utilities, blah blah. This is a win win for anyone who targets a high hashrate as well as the city they live in in terms of power usage. Or buy 20 1070s. Which is stupid....Only an idiot would not see this as a plus. Hell, this might even solve the GPU shortage that Nvidia writes about. To the point where they said "sell with discretion, gamers are priority" They literally had to press release that to outlets. So you are wrong on so many levels its ridiculous. 
lol im the idoit? wow the bitmain shills are out in force

there is no gpu shortage dummy, resellers are just scalping the sales and inflating the price
due to the fact they know idiots are willing to pay THAT price.

this stupid asic will sell out in a few days and none will be available, does that happen with gpus? no
dumbass, even when there was a shortage you could still buy gpus at a higer price if you actually had to.

what good is your so called big money when you cant buy this so called wonderful asic.

lol mine zcash? I haven’t mined that in like a year on my nividia rigs
all this will do is push gpus to stop mining it , you asic lovers can have it

I only mine cryptos that have a long term strategy to shun asics , its basically the banksters of 2009
all over again , have at it tho shills
mgoz

Activity: 265
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:54:07 PM

I'm just glad I held out and didn't buy more 1080's. Looking forward to seeing the actual numbers on these. ASIC resistance was one reason I liked ZEC, but face it, you either adapt or deal with less profits. In 2011 I was making 0.05 BTC every 2-3 days with 2 ancient GPUs. Total hashrate of the entire Bitcoin network was less than a single S9. Pretty crazy to think about.
Cts519

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:55:10 PM

Imagine buying something that could get bricked if dev changes algo?

One word - Monero
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

ASICs win in the long run, only if devs don't fork their algos. Cryptonight forked with many variants, ASICs were killed.
mgoz

Activity: 265
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:13:32 PM

Imagine buying something that could get bricked if dev changes algo?

One word - Monero

Did Bitmain ever even ship any X3 miners? They are supposed to be shipping right about now. I know they were selling them for like $12k, then took them off the site when Monero devs said they would be bricked, then lowered the price, but have always seemed to be out of stock.

ZEC devs seem to have little interest in remaining ASIC resistant at least not until after Sapling, which last I heard wasn't expected until September 2018. If the numbers on these machines are legit, these would break even by then.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

They should care because the extra hashrate will cause zec price to dump since there will suddenly be way more sellers than buyers. If they care about their premine they'll switch algos.

That's not necessarily true.  One reason BTC price has managed to stay so high is that people have hundreds of millions invested in hardware.  When you have a lot of money invested in hardware you are financially incented not to sell at stupid low prices, which in turn tends to put upward pressure on the price.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:37:02 PM

Hi, so ZCASH DEVs don't intraprend any action to fork anymore?

Cheers W_M
leondean

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

I've decided I want one of these.  Unfortunately as you can only pay in crypto I have to decide whether to exchange a portion of my Vechain into Bitcoin to pay for it.  By the time the miner shows up the Ven price will probably have quadrupled.

Anyone know a way to quickly convert that much fiat into Bitcoin in the UK?
DarshUX

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:14:57 PM

In Zooko's words, he's open to discussing the issue of ASIC resistance and whether or not it's worth it.

For the time being though, they can't change the algo since Overwinter and Sapling are in progress and that would throw things off, so if they do change algos it would have to be after those upgrades.

Lastly, he mentioned that mining pools are even more dangerous than ASICs which I never thought about.. he does have a point in that aspect.
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 04:17:58 PM

Thats just sad for the GPU miner.... I hope the most coins will fork them away so GPU miner can still profit like how its happened with monero
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:22:50 PM

Well, the A3s unless you got them on day 1 out of all customers you wouldn't have got your ROI yet, their price was 2300$, difficulty went up from ~0.5M TH afaik to 11M TH in 1 week, at 40$ per 1K sia that would still have made 1K usd, but prices of sia went down afterwards to 20$ then 9$.. you had to mine 120K coins at 40$ to return your 2300$ which till now none of Batch 1 miners did, afaik most should be around 100K coins

Not true at all. Been running my A3 since the day it arrived. At current Sia value, if I were to cash out coins right now I'd be $800 over ROI
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

your sound like a bitmain shill, gaming ? really games dont need this many gpus, they need 2 or 4 max theres plenty in the supply chain for gamers.

you basically prove my point , the compaines that make gpus AMD and Nividia are not in direct competition with gpu miners , they supply a good you can USE to mine or game or do vr , fold at home whatever, they are Agnostic.

on the orher hand bitmain sells USED fucking gear that has already made them millions to you the midless shill at near end of life profablity, u think u are doing good making 1000 a month when you recive your heater in june ?

wrong they ran that same heater, at least the chips on it till the repacked it for u geniuses at close to 10k a month at 10k sols since december or naybe even this time last year 😂😂🤦🏿‍♂️😂

thata the problem with bitmain they sell equipment AFTER they have milked the bulk of the profablity out of it ,

You're an idiot. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is a big money vs little money issue. People with more money will win. Always. GPU, ASIC, or otherwise. There is nothing that you can say that will disprove that. You are trying to tell me that 10k/sol in asic and 10k sol in GPU is somehow different? Because I have that. Quite frankly im glad i didnt have to buy another freakin 18+ GPUs to get the same hashrate.  Which proves how stupid your argument is. I can literally have an asic and a GPU rig with the same hash rate, in the same room, and one makes me a bitmain pushing shill? Stupid.  Think before you talk. People who want 10k sols will get 10k sols. ASICs are destroying the PoW and GPUs are destroying PC stock for other applications. Miners are buying ALL of them. SO what the hell is the difference....You cant pick and choose whats right and wrong. They are both literally doing the same thing in different venues. You just sound like a bandwagon hater that has no idea what they are trying to even hate on. You seriously think ALL GPU manufactures arent doing the EXACT same thing running warehouses of GPUs. You are so naive its laughable. Wanna know how i know you are full of crap? Bitmain isnt the only ASIC manufacturer and its the only one you bring up. Move on hater. You go ahead and bleed power mining the same coin with whatever you manage to scrape up to get that high a hashrate. Spend all that money, waste all that time building it, waste even more power and resources on your city, pay more in utilities, blah blah. This is a win win for anyone who targets a high hashrate as well as the city they live in in terms of power usage. Or buy 20 1070s. Which is stupid....Only an idiot would not see this as a plus. Hell, this might even solve the GPU shortage that Nvidia writes about. To the point where they said "sell with discretion, gamers are priority" They literally had to press release that to outlets. So you are wrong on so many levels its ridiculous.  

there is no gpu shortage dummy, resellers are just scalping the sales and inflating the price

this stupid asic will sell out in a few days and none will be available, does that happen with gpus? no
dumbass, even when there was a shortage you could still buy gpus at a higer price if you actually had to.

what good is your so called big money when you cant buy this so called wonderful asic.

I only mine cryptos that have a long term strategy to shun asics , its basically the banksters of 2009

Yes, You are an idiot. What the hell are you even arguing.  You have no clue what you are talking about. https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/nvidia-ceo-comments-on-gpu-shortage-caused-by-etherium/ https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/03/27/nvidia-ceo-were-not-anywhere-near-meeting-gpu-demand/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/. https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/8/16993264/nvidia-gpu-supply-production-shortage-cryptocurrency-miningDumbass. You literally have no clue. Trolls I swear. Always talking out their asses to make a point. I cant take your stupidity anymore You are so wrong its not even funny. You just come off as a desperate troll. Not wasting anymore time with someone who clearly just wants a rise. Later.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:27:09 PM

regardless, all antminers purchased can be resold on like ebay and such for higher than you paid if you buy batch 1

its almost no risk, if when received the profit has dropped off -> dump the miner to some idiot on ebay for more than you paid

So you really think people who follow crypto or BTC are idiots who show up only during a gold rush? there may be some ,but most of them does their homework before entering this market, whether for trading or mining. Don't let your prejudices fool you my friend. Earning BTC s not that easy.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:57:44 PM

Yes, You are an idiot. What the hell are you even arguing.  You have no clue what you are talking about. https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/27/nvidia-ceo-comments-on-gpu-shortage-caused-by-etherium/ https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/03/27/nvidia-ceo-were-not-anywhere-near-meeting-gpu-demand/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/. https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/8/16993264/nvidia-gpu-supply-production-shortage-cryptocurrency-miningDumbass. You literally have no clue. Trolls I swear. Always talking out their asses to make a point. I cant take your stupidity anymore You are so wrong its not even funny. You just come off as a desperate troll. Not wasting anymore time with someone who clearly just wants a rise. Later.
95 posts and zero merit , youre the dumbass no one is wasting time on your stupid links
do what you want no one cares zcash will never succeed if they don’t fork ppl are not stupid

if they want to go the way of Dash they have to differentiate themselves in some way and right now I don’t see it
its a 20 percent premined scam anyways asics shills can have it
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:18:55 PM

ZEC will be killed by shitmain.
GPUminers,welcome to XZC,

why fight against ASIC,i have GPU ,i can choose which coin to mine ,for current profit ,or for future.
if i buy a ASIC machine, when shitmain  manufacture more machines,or the coin dump,i have nothing todo,just look at the devaluation of the machine,and cannot return of investment.

Funnily enough, Equihash is still extremely profitable right now   Grin

And will remain profitable on GPUs 'till at least somewhere in July and more likely August, given the current total network hashrate vs. how much this miner will introduce at normal Bitmain batch sizes.

Remember, not shipping 'till late JUNE - but probably will kill GPU mining over time, unlike the E3 for Equihash that BARELY matches what a current well-tuned GPU rig can manage.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: