Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will cryptsy stay broken?? ?? 1 week 2weeks 3weeks? ban bots also ffs  (Read 2638 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:44:24 PM

Is there even an ETA on this?
The site is totally broken, people losing coins, bots running wild, deposits never showing up, i have witnessed a trade vanish i.e the balance was reduced and the trade never showed ....so it must be in the queue right?? no because another trade made later was processed as normal.

What is happening at that place right now? i would be careful making any trades or withdrawing or depositing anything. I think the db is totally falling over and there will be lost data...lost coins.

A week of it crawling and falling over and still no eta on this being fixed??

1. go back to logging out people who are idle asap.

2. block these bots that are injecting 1000's or orders into the book for small amounts.

3. Hire a tech team that can stop you having what is essentially a week of downtime

by the time the 5 new servers are shipped to you you will need 10 more

where is cryptsy even hosted?  why are you colo on this project?  why are you not in some dc that lays servers on within a few hours of needing them?

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

This needs a bump.

VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

It's working fine for me... <Knock on wood>
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:35:29 PM

It's working fine for me... <Knock on wood>

what do you mean? have you been using cryptsy for more than a week? or did you just start using it in the last few days?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:39:07 PM

How about you buy 5 servers and deliver the same day?  Roll Eyes
Just be patient.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:45:16 PM

waiting for 0.22 btc & 11k SXC to arrive for a few hours now, it'll probably be in my acc tomorrow Smiley
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:48:13 PM

Just be patient.

Stop skirting around the issue. This problem far exceeds the need for 5 servers. Missing deposits and withdrawals aren't dependent on server processing or throughput.

I think we've been patient enough.  My deposit problem has been going on since November 28th and I've been told twice by the Helpdesk that my problem should be fixed along with receiving an email from John that the problem should be fixed. Helpdesk tickets are being closed without resolution.

I think it's time we entertain the thought that something far more serious than server processing is the problem here. We are being met with the runaround. We deserve credible answers at this point.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:56:55 PM

Just be patient.

Thats the entire point, wtf are they ordering in servers for???

Get in a dc where they have 100's redundant ready for use.

How does that address missing coins ? bots spamming the shit out of the order books to slow it down on purpose. The xpm market is ruined by these bots.

This is damaging alts at a critical period.  A day of this is bad enough but a week is pathetic.

KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:07:55 PM

If I have a cancer, because of cryptsy.. drives me crazy.I gave up. They are earning 20k$+/day, I guess they can hire or buy anything they want.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:13:02 PM

Exactly what a lot of new alt users are thinking.....

cryptsy needs to get on top of this asap.

verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:32:27 AM

Some markets are really laggy, while others are showing only a 30s lag. Haven't tried depositing coins since 2-3 weeks ago (didn't have an issue then).

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:57:44 AM

Stop skirting around the issue. This problem far exceeds the need for 5 servers. Missing deposits and withdrawals aren't dependent on server processing or throughput.

I think we've been patient enough.  My deposit problem has been going on since November 28th and I've been told twice by the Helpdesk that my problem should be fixed along with receiving an email from John that the problem should be fixed. Helpdesk tickets are being closed without resolution.

I think it's time we entertain the thought that something far more serious than server processing is the problem here. We are being met with the runaround. We deserve credible answers at this point.
If they hadn't created cryptsy, in addition to the shutdown of Mcxnow, you would now be stuck with bter, so stop complaining.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 08:06:46 AM

cryptsy is working better than a few months ago even with all the problems and lots of new accounts.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

btcprice

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:10:19 PM

I think we've been patient enough.  My deposit problem has been going on since November 28th and I've been told twice by the Helpdesk that my problem should be fixed along with receiving an email from John that the problem should be fixed. Helpdesk tickets are being closed without resolution.

If they hadn't created cryptsy, in addition to the shutdown of Mcxnow, you would now be stuck with bter, so stop complaining.  Roll Eyes

That's a lame support for the product and doesn't address the issues. I've already switched to bter. At least I can get my coins back from them.

I've been asked 3 times already for my tx information. It's time to start wondering if Cryptsy has lost our coins. It shouldn't take almost a week and 3 requests for information to find them.

People are losing confidence in the web site.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:45:46 PM

Also having major issues with Cryptsy. Yesterday a couple of deposits took aaaaages, but showed up eventually. Today an auto-payment of 100 WDC has not been credited yet after 13 hours. Pretty effing annoying.

Sent 100 WDC to Bter, was in my account after less than 2 minutes.

Cryptsy support is fairly useless. They do reply, once, with a stupid excuse about increased volume of deposits taking longer to chew through. I don't think the volume of deposits has increased enough to go from 5 mins to 13 hours.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:01:49 PM

Well just tried to sign up to bter.com, created account, logged in, went to add funds, it logged me out, logged back in, it logged me out, tried once more and have given up.

if you think cryptsy has problems at least it allows you to log in and fund your account which appearntly Bter wont let me know.

Also looking at the only bits of bter i can see, would i be right in thinking you can only deposit ltc/btc there? that seems a bit poor if you cant deposit other coins ( although i assume you might be able to if i could access the rest of the site.)

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:02:20 PM

Yep they are too small an outfit to cope. We can't blame them i guess they are trying their best. The big question is why none of the other exchanges will help out and take on a few of the larger more reliable coins. If btce added mec qrk and wdc that would really help out.

I hope cryptsy comes through this and takes huge market share away from them. They are sitting back hoping this influx will crush cryptsy.
 This will happen as alts become more and more popular. I don't hear people talking about asics/bitcoin in the gym,...i hear people buying the new r9 series for mining alts. You know the word is out now.

I really do not think cryptsy whatever they do will handle the influx. The only thing they can do is limit new registrations and ban all bots.

Those scalping and ping pong bots slap 100's of trades in and slow it all down. Need to have a capture question (not that crap you cant read)  for each trade now and log out idle sessions after 1 min. That is their only hope, obviously their software is not scalable else why is it like this over a week later? ordering in servers?? from where?? get in a decent dc where the techs put you on a new server in an hour. You're US based right so you have the best dcs in the world...why not use them?

Would be nice to see a few new alt exchanges pop up from reliable people well known in the community, it's never good to have all your eggs in one cryptsy basket.

WHy has bter not added quark is what i want to know, look at some of the coins on there?? and still no quark?

lonesoul

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

it would appear after receiving a 404 error on the page on my last attempt i have now logged into bter correctly and have seen the other funding options ;-)

(cryptsy has actually been working well for me today - still a touch slower than 2 months ago but nothing to worry about.   -and those that dont think extra servers will help with the processing... please look at what happens if you add another GPU to your miner Wham Bam more power! the same principle applies ;-) )

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
lonesoul

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

well after putting up the last post, it decided to log me off twice more and i cant actually deposit the coin i want to deposit because deposits are currently disabled....

cryptsy may take time but it always gets there in the end.

it would appear every exchange has problems so we just need to learn to live with them or find another exchange (i miss mcx >.< )

btcprice

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:27:00 PM

well after putting up the last post, it decided to log me off twice more and i cant actually deposit the coin i want to deposit because deposits are currently disabled....

cryptsy may take time but it always gets there in the end.

it would appear every exchange has problems so we just need to learn to live with them or find another exchange (i miss mcx >.< )

bter has been working for me flawlessly since I signed up this week. Perhaps you need to clear your cache.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: