Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Ixcoin - a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 128120 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:36:23 PM

I think Thomas is unloading some of his Ixcoins for BTC. I am hard pressed to believe he would hang on to them for very long.

Those were dumped in the first day when there was 400000+ of volume on the exchange never seen over 200000+ after that...

If you watched the market that day the market only went up. So if he was dumping coins on the market two would the price go up? It would go down because of oversupply. I'm sure Thomas is smart enough to know not to make huge trades on the exchange. But I am sure he is cashing out over time. 580k coins come on that's alot of money made in less than a week worth of official public mining.

Well when demand for is greater than supply the price goes up or that is what they taught me in economics class anyways...

Edit: And I would add the only way for all them coins to be there on first day would be from him it would not have been possible to have all been mined by others.

In the first 24 hours 1,000,000 Ixcoins were mined. What are you talking about? Exchange came like 9 hours after the inital announcement of the new network. Where are you getting your numbers from?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:37:36 PM

At some point IX will no longer be worth trading and then what use is there left for IX?

Sorry, this is patently wrong.  See my previous reply in this thread.

(Unless of course you're referring to Bitcoin itself collapsing)

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:45:26 PM

At some point IX will no longer be worth trading and then what use is there left for IX?

Sorry, this is patently wrong.  See my previous reply in this thread.

(Unless of course you're referring to Bitcoin itself collapsing)
No I am only referring to IX.
What value do IX have other than exchange for BTC?

The issue is BTC<->Currency not how to trade BTC for some other clone coin.

Why would people want IX once it's perceived value drops? So they can launder BTC? Cheesy
There are other clone coins to do that and I can't see that as it's only future as a method to keep the price from dropping to zero.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mrbashfo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:54:35 PM

if the IX collapse I feel like we mined for no reason.

Sold To
Kax0, gamekingx, maltaethiron, Cory, Morebitcoinsplease, TECSHARE, wildboy211, inlikeflynn, deslok, WiseOldOwl, and more

Bought From
tsvekric, wildboy211, shakaru
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:56:15 PM

if the IX collapse I feel like we mined for no reason.

LOL I didnt mine for no reason. I was able to scrape BTC off the exchange for Ixcoins I generated on the first day.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

eskamobob1

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:39:40 PM

isnt bitcoin mining far more profitable than ixcoin mining as of right now? with the current exchange rate @ 1500MHash/s you make $9.02 a day from BTC mining but only $7.30 a day from ixcoin mining... IXC is also extremely unpopular compared to BTC and is not anywhere nearly as widely accepted (not that BTC is, but what does that say about IXC?)... so will someone tell me what the point is in mining IXC as of right now?
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1264

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:44:20 PM

Yeah, ixcoin mining is really unprofitable right now compared to BTC. I'm surprised to see that http://ixpool.bitparking.com/pool still has a hashrate of 120 mhash/s. If you really wanted IXC right now, just mine BTC and then exchange them for IXC or buy them on the exchange. Given that there's no other use for IXC (unlike NMC), I don't see the need to own any IXC unless you are speculating and think the price will go up. But then again, why would the price go up. Ixcoin is not really adding any value on top of bitcoins.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 10:46:24 PM

Yeah, ixcoin mining is really unprofitable right now compared to BTC. I'm surprised to see that http://ixpool.bitparking.com/pool still has a hashrate of 120 mhash/s. If you really wanted IXC right now, just mine BTC and then exchange them for IXC or buy them on the exchange. Given that there's no other use for IXC (unlike NMC), I don't see the need to own any IXC unless you are speculating and think the price will go up. But then again, why would the price go up. Ixcoin is not really adding any value on top of bitcoins.

+1

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Nasakioto (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 11:03:08 PM

A fix was committed to address the concerns about the hard limit at 21M ixcoin. Thanks Genjix.

https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/7110ddf25667f059ebcee159963b6703fff53e13

If you have any comments/suggestions/reservations concerning this, please respond or post on http://ixcoin.org/forum.

To prevent manipulation errors with Bitcoin/Ixcoin addresses, Bitcoin addresses starting with 1 are now invalid. In the future, we might need to block out more addresses if Bitcoin starts using other address versions.

https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/1adddc0b6d57f7431611322df8df1a33f79d7727

In other news, first Ixcoin escrow at http://www.ixcrow.com and a Russian exchange appears to be gearing to start offering Ixcoins https://btc-e.com/ixc_exchange

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:05:56 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 04:23:59 AM by smoothie

With prices plumetting 66% of its value in 24 hours I'm not sure ixcoins is the best investment for mining or buying a virtual currency. With difficulty rise just around the corner I find it hard pressed to see the exchange rate rise above the profitability of the other markets.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 11:18:32 PM

A fix was committed to address the concerns about the hard limit at 21M ixcoin. Thanks Genjix.

https://github.com/ixcoin/ixcoin/commit/7110ddf25667f059ebcee159963b6703fff53e13

So is it the opposite of steadyCoin again instead of just an implementation of otherCoin ?

Still don't like it.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:33:06 PM

To prevent manipulation errors with Bitcoin/Ixcoin addresses, Bitcoin addresses starting with 1 are now invalid. In the future, we might need to block out more addresses if Bitcoin starts using other address versions.
So people are dumb enough to put bitcoin addresses in ixcoin but not dumb enough to put namecoin addresses in ixcoin...?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1651
Merit: 1264

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:35:29 PM

So people are dumb enough to put bitcoin addresses in ixcoin but not dumb enough to put namecoin addresses in ixcoin...?

Only reason is because the ixcoin exchange has deposit addresses for both bitcoins and ixcoins on the same page. So it was easy for someone to accidently copy and paste the wrong address. If there was a ixc/nmc exchange, you will have the same problem with sending ixc to an nmc address.

caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 02:46:47 AM

With prices plumetting 66% of its value in 24 hours I'm not sure ixcoins is the best investment for mining or buying a virtual currency. With difficulty rise just around the corner I find it hard pressed to see the exchange rate rise above the profitability of the other markets.

Great for traders though Smiley

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:50:12 AM

Et tu, smoothie?

Great for traders though Smiley

Only if there's going to be another bounce before the thing dies out.  Unless you know of a way to short ixcoins?
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 03:03:30 AM

yeah I should have sold yesterday ahhh well... I only have about 3050 of them now.. had 19000 at one point arggh...

and I haven't organised a MtGox deposit in time to invest in i0coins so I'm stuck with trying to get in early at the launch with my 6950 and two 6870's... I'll have to take my sleeping bag and sleep in the study so the machines in my room don't keep me awake.

unless maybe doublec can be really nice and delay opening the exchange for enough days for people to buy more BTC... or perhaps post the exchange launch date at least

or I could try to beg people for coins so I have something to trade when the exchange opens.. the possibilities are endless

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 09:40:49 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 05:54:22 PM by deepceleron

Announcement - Ponzi-scheme crypto-currency - Pyramid-Coin:  ΔCoin!

-Minimum/genesis difficulty is .001,
-Difficulty resets every 25,000 blocks (next difficulty predicted to be 100),
-After 100,000 blocks the number generated drops to 0,
-Mining Reward 50 ΔCoin per block,
-Worth 1BTC each (that is what I've been trading them for with myself),
-Completely useless!

Oh, BTW, I already mined 1/4 of them yesterday...get in early!
wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 07:49:18 PM

Back to Ixcoin I guess.  Looks like we're seeing some strong buy support at .0036 again. 

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 07:56:38 PM

Back to Ixcoin I guess.  Looks like we're seeing some strong buy support at .0036 again. 

I don't get it. Who is buying?

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
bcforum

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:32:49 PM

I don't get it. Who is buying?

Somebody with a strong incentive to see the currency succeed. Probably Nasakioto

If you found this post useful, feel free to share the wealth: 1E35gTBmJzPNJ3v72DX4wu4YtvHTWqNRbM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: