Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell right away or wait?  (Read 2907 times)
Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:03:55 PM

If you believe in the long term potential of the specific project then of course you should hold your tokens, if not, wait for a decent pump with a solid amount of liquidity and sell them. Further along, re-invest the obtained amount of ETH into something that has better potential.
Before we act to do something, it would be nice if you look at the situation. If the price is not lower than ICO, then you can sell some parts you want to sell, but leave the rest some coins that can profit for you pumps
so that the value can be higher.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoneRogue2018

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:05:18 PM

I think you should first ask yourself why you invested in the first place. If it was just because of the hype, then selling half when it's up is a good strategy, then wait for a few months to sell the rest. If you bought because you believe in the coin, then you should stick to your strategy and hold until you have made the gains you were thinking about at that time. I have a spreadsheet that I make my notes in, pricing, and the key milestone which will remind me when to look at the coin. Otherwise, I just forget about it in between those dates. Lastly, if your coins is up, and you want to invest in another ICO but dont have fiat, then it can become another reason to cash some out.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

After participating in ICOs by buying some tokens or participating in bounties, the moment their tokens are listed in exchanges, what do you do guys, do you sell your tokens right away or wait for a more higher price to come?
sometimes I do sell immediately, but sometimes I hold it, it is actually depend on the situation, if I do need a money, then I will sell it, if not, then I will hold it, so I could have an opportunity to sell at higher value.
KeijiN

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:07:03 PM

I would wait for month or more after ICO ends, but it is seriously depending on amount of money I got from bounty, if many - I`ll sell right away.
ZhukovM

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:09:15 PM

After participating in ICOs by buying some tokens or participating in bounties, the moment their tokens are listed in exchanges, what do you do guys, do you sell your tokens right away or wait for a more higher price to come?
Most often, this is an instant sale, immediately after the appearance of the token on the market. Because it's easier than risking and waiting for your token to completely devalue.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:09:28 PM

Of course I would wait for the right moment. Waiting will result in big profits, the bigger the profits are, the happier I get. Added to that, everyone should know that they have to believe what is right to them. If you do believe that the price will grow, then why not wait? Patience is really required, and if you are that need of money, then sell what you have. At least you need them for necessary things and  not trivial ones. Once again, waiting and patience are a bless.  
Fortified
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:10:59 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 01:23:19 PM by Fortified

If the price of my earned token will hit my target price , for sure I will sell it all , but most of the time it was not happened because usually price of the tokens after bounty are very low like zero value that's why I always hold my tokens and after two or three months , I will dump it all .

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Miztasnow

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

I will wait till the price will be very good and bring me more profits,i don't like rushing to trade my coin either i invest or i gained free token from doing bounty campaigns. I always wait and will continue waiting till the value of the coin increases a lot then i can trade.
ahmedbrown

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:16:21 PM

Prices of most of the coins that do ICO do normally fall below the ICO price after the ICO, with this it now left for individual investors perspective on why they are investing in the coin. But, to me I do buy coin that I believe in their projects and future plans and not for immediate gains which at the end of the day also contribute to why price of newly listed coins fall. Dumping or selling coins immediately is not a good strategy for a smart investors and we should at least wait for a newly listed coins to be stabilized before selling off.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:18:14 PM

usually before I decide which steps I'm going to take I always do some little research about the inside of the coin so I can decide what I'll choose, hold or sell.
Neymar11

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:20:20 PM

If I personally also will stand first to store our assets let me if the future price goes up again we can be ready to enjoy a better price and better profits.
gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 474

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

I do sell right away because i know the price will dump by 10-20% after it get listed.
most of the bounty participants want to sell their pay-out right away.
i am one of them but im kinda different.
i do buy back at fall. and wait for the rise.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:22:03 PM

5-6 months to give project a time to develop and be grounded, then sell, or hold, depending on the price and position of a project
Risunkof

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:29:20 PM

If I can immediately get a profit of 2-3 times the price of ICO, then I sell immediately.  If not, then I wait for the price to start rising.
pootutus

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

I think the token purchased through bounty or ICO should be sold within a short time after entering the stock exchange. Because there are a lot of people who get the same way to get the tokens to think about it, you should sell earlier than they do on the premise that the tokens are profitable.
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:33:30 PM

When I participate in ico I don't right away sell even prices are falling i just keep holding for several months until price msy settle doen snd start to recover and i don't buy ico unless I'm confident that the project have  a succesful platform in the future.
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:50:23 PM

sometimes I do sell immediately, but sometimes I hold it, it is actually depend on the situation, if I do need a money, then I will sell it, if not, then I will hold it, so I could have an opportunity to sell at higher value.

Same with me, I don't sell right away, I always try to balance my budget and my needs to cash out. If I see that the price is Low I will wait but if I really need a money, I sell only some of my coins but not all.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:17:26 PM

It depends on situation when bounties distribute their reward tokens sometimes i keep it and wait fir the right time to sell it but sometimes when listed on exchange and i need money badly no budget at all i sell it.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

After participating to a bounty i checked if the project reached hard cap if they do i usually hold the coin knowing that this project was able to get more investors and a community. This is a positive factor that may lead to increase of price in the token. If the project don't even hit half of thehard cap i usually dump it

I think that's too average to determine if it's time to sell or not because even the ico was successful when the participants and other investors dump immediately their token then the price will decrease. For me it all depends on the quality of the project if it's beneficial for long term and how the team acts according to their roadmap then it's good to hold.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:20:34 PM

Depending on the crypto market price that will going to receive especially from bounty. If the crypto market price is good then probably selling it is the best thing to do. Or if it is not that good then holding also is the best thing to do. As we all know that cryptocurrency market price is volatile depending on the bitcoin market price because these altcoin will reflect on bitcoin market price. If bitcoin going strong then altcoins will follow and if bitcoin will going down then so does the altcoins. So in preferrably if bitcoin market is strong selling crypto would be best for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: