Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:13:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3447 times)
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:57:11 PM

Bitcoin doesn't need that at all. Satoshi Nakamoto must have thought carefully about what and how the name Bitcoin was given. And we also don't need to re-brand because Bitcoin is already well-known throughout the world.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:14:18 AM

Bitcoin is good at the moment, i do not think that it needs to be modificated, even with the actual prices and the actual merchandising is more than good to be honest
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

Rebranding Bitcoin for what purpose, new name will take many years to establish, Bitcoin itself is a strong brand, we have seen BTC rising from few dollars to thousands dollars a small span of time, crypto market is in bad phase now a days due many issues, legal concerns, hackers and other small issues but I trust this market will be back to track in coming months/years.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:17:22 PM

To some, it does not need rebranding but to me bitcoin needs to have a new look, thus to change others perception about bitcoin. Even though bitcoin is gaining more and more name for itself, it still needs a change in other to make it attractive to those who seem not to get a grasp of it
jiniyaakter

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:02:47 PM

Bitcoin itself is a strong brand, we have seen BTC rising from few dollars to thousands dollars a small span of time.we will definitely win.Another question is how to convey the essence to the masses.At least the young, the old can't catch up.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

It is pointless to rebrand the king. Bitcoin will always be bitcoin. If you are going to rebrand it, reshape it or change it, majority of bitcoiners will not accept it. Efforts made will be useless, systems and everything will be ruined. Let it stay at it is.
Crungcrungtin

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:32:42 AM

The bitcoin can develop and because of it, other countries has successfully evolve
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:47:17 AM

Any kind of rebranding should have been done nearer the beginning of the coins creation, now it is too widely used so rebranding would be difficult. Stick with bitcoin, there is already too much confusion with bitcoincash and other variants
I agree, to some bitcoin and crypto is that much confusing so why add more confusion to the mix. I agree with you, it should have been done sooner or at least closer to the coins creation
Dilireba

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 06:54:31 AM

It's not necessary, Bitcoin is famous with its name, just like the brand. Nobody will accept rebrand bitcoin because it will cause the unnecessary disturbance.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:02:44 AM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

On what reason you want this bitcoin to re-brand? Let me guest, you are tired of seeing bitcoin price below of its ATH last year (2017) right? You want to rebrand so you can take a slot from the early birds slot to get more profits when its mooning, of course i dont want to rebrand bitcoin,  and there is no reason to do that. Because bitcoin doing well.
dlouulmusthofa

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:06:59 AM

what's the point of rebranding bitcoin? I think it's not necessary and will never be able to do, the only thing which can do is create another option or segwit
Panasony

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:14:05 AM

Recently, BTC-e has announced to its Twitter followers that they are now back in business with a new brand, on a new trading platform called Wex. The new domain has the same interface and platform as the old BTC-e, and at the time of this writing, Wex was trading at 484BTC. Everything is the same except for the new name, and the familiar customer will be happy to see that the 'chat box' still works well. On the Wex homepage, there is a welcome message from the Wex team, explaining how customers can trade and withdraw money.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:15:36 AM

No.
Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

But this is not a brand tho. It's not something that we have to sell. It's something that people will eventually adopt assuming that things go as expected.
First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

It's the absence of research that makes people confused. Had they done their research, they wouldn't be thinking so.
perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

Did you expect a bunch of zeros and ones? Bitcoin is abstract and a physical coin is something the reader can understand better than codes.
The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

It's not like that. You can't just change your name and appearance and voila! your reputation is now cleansed. You're all new. You're never known by people. You're a totally different brand. Roll Eyes

After the rebranding, do you expect the community will suddenly all be lovely and not full of shills?
Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

This is not a company.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:17:35 AM

I don't think so. There is no need for a rebranding. The name is above every other name in the world of cryptocurrency, so why change it? If you hear cryptocurrency, you cannot avoid hearing Bitcoin also. I guess everybody knows this. You cannot hear Ethereum or Ripple or any other coin except getting the name Bitcoin first. I guess what is needed this time are more and more shops and stores and stalls and malls to start accepting Bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Right.I think let it remain its one and only brand bitcoin because it had already made a lot of trademarks to the different lives of people.And considering bitcoin,its still the topmost coin today and the most favorite coin of all time so no need to change its name anymore.

I agree. Changing the name of a brand with a nice amount of years in the market who also reached a decent level of costumer preference and fame would an irrational decision.

It can definitely be compared to the names/band of Coca-Cola and McDonalds changed when they were growing exponentially after some years in the market and gathering a good amount of success.

Nobody can really blame some people for wanting a more appealing name or maybe image for Bitcoin. However, things are not always perfect, that doesn't mean it can't work. We can't forget though, that the most important invention that came with Bitcoin was Blockchain(and that is saying a lot). We are yet to see the real potential of Blockchain in society.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 09:37:00 AM

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

for me rebranding as of now won't really offer that great help in order to make bitcoin perform better.
in contrast it could even worsen the situation where bitcoin is in now.
i believe that we must stick into what ever it was known to be.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

You just can't rebrand Bitcoin because it would require consensus where majority is agree with your "rebranding" idea. Even if majority agree, that would make confusion, community-split and maybe chain-split just because your idea.
Your moniker (ETFbitcoin) is clairvoyant. To even think that you saw the BitcoinETF idea when you registered your account in 2014 is a prophecy in itself.

I deviate...

Now, back to the OP. I believe rebranding bitcoin has been ongoing since August 2017 when the first fork happened that gave birth to Bitcoincash. Every Bitcoin fork is an attempt to rebrand bitcoin. Has that helped? I would say an emphatic no!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:02:31 AM

Why do we need to re brand such a demanding concept because the way I see there is nothing wrong with bitcoin and its concept the only problems we have are some political problems and bad image that was created by people who have no idea about the potential side of bitcoin so if w are going to change them through re branding bitcoin they have already won the game. So what we have to do to develop bitcoin is by making it more usable to general public and businesses by increasing adaptation and that will make bitcoin more helpful to communities and companies which eventually increase its image   

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
fortuner

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:11:16 AM

Why do we need to re brand such a demanding concept because the way I see there is nothing wrong with bitcoin and its concept the only problems we have are some political problems and bad image that was created by people who have no idea about the potential side of bitcoin so if w are going to change them through re branding bitcoin they have already won the game. So what we have to do to develop bitcoin is by making it more usable to general public and businesses by increasing adaptation and that will make bitcoin more helpful to communities and companies which eventually increase its image   
i think so, bitcoin don't need to be rebranded, the bad image about bitcoin is only about high fluctuations and there are many people who are harmed, even though bitcoin has a lot of benefits if we use the features provided, all that needs to be done is to show to people that bitcoin has many advantages such as being able to make our transactions faster
L lawliet

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:12:24 AM

You just can't rebrand Bitcoin because it would require consensus where majority is agree with your "rebranding" idea. Even if majority agree, that would make confusion, community-split and maybe chain-split just because your idea.
Yes, right. and of course there is a risk even though it's small
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: