Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3445 times)
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 08:37:02 AM

No we should not because bitcoin has designed already this way and had already been operated since 2009. I think there is nothing really a problem with bitcoin system. If there will be things to be modified, re-Brand then probably I will suggest about the change on anonymity features. If this feature will be remove then there is a better chance that abuse use for bitcoin will be minimize.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:57:12 AM

I think it is not necessary, change the name? purpose, image or other attribute? I know something that is legend is always consistent in every form from the beginning the product is created, because it is proof of consistency, existence and consumer trust, if it is changed then the result will be obedient, of course bad
SilverChromia

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

We all know in these past months there are a lot of bad things happen in the world of cryptocurrencies especially the market value of all cryptocurrencies that are still dropping down even at these moment and even that tragedy is continuing to happen even at this moment i dont think that Bitcoin is needing to rebrand itself just to change anything because for me even they rebrand itself nothing will change if theres nothing new or some upgrades will be happen in their technologies and also their special feature that people will always use for the everyday happenings that connected to cryptocurrencies i know that there will be someday that Bitcoin or Satoshi Nakamoto will make another steps to change everything that will make a brand new start forr Bitcoin to rise up again and to show itself how good its technology that can be a benefitable or profitable to a lot of people in every part of the world.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
flametoken
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

I think it is not necessary, change the name? purpose, image or other attribute? I know something that is legend is always consistent in every form from the beginning the product is created, because it is proof of consistency, existence and consumer trust, if it is changed then the result will be obedient, of course bad

I agree, I don't see a need for rebranding Bitcoin. People already heard of it, they somewhat know what it is and how it is used and if they want to learn more they will do it. No need to re-brand it.
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:03:18 AM

Rebranding couldn't change the problem of bitcoin. There are major aspect to be affected so the tendency less people will know about it. Let bitcoin be bitcoin forever as we all know it is decentralized and popular so let it remain as that and let the team change whatsoever is necessary to do for the growth of bitcoin economy.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:03:46 AM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

There is no need to rebrand the bitcoin because as of now, it is fine as what it is now. If ever we rebrand the bitcoin, I think the users and the possible user of it will not acknowledge it as bitcoin and maybe it will bring a little confusion and hesitation. Bitcoin is now growing and this brand is what popular to people.

RadjorBlade

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:49:01 AM

The question is who will rebrand it. Satoshi Nakamoto?. well for me I do not think BTC need any rebranding again because it has been rebranded so many time and the result is those fork we have today. everyone is building on improving bitcoin performance and the result is thousands of crypto we have today. the fact is that this has done much damage than it help grow bitcoin.
Bitcoin does not require rebranding anymore, because it has been popular and in demand by millions of users spread throughout the world. Only promotion or information is needed that is more focused that bitcoin is a digital currency, not a place for money laundering or terrorist funding. Such an assumption is wrong, it must be explained by bitcoin users.
raag1993
Copper Member

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 03:46:56 AM

I do not think there is any need for Bitcoin to Re-Brand. Because many people know the crypto currency as Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is re-Brand. So it will only damage Bitcoin.
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:02:09 AM

No need because it will create another market price correction which will relatively drop for more. As we experience now that market is in bad situation it should not be undergone rebranding for it will undergone another market price fluctuation which I am afraid of as an investor of cryptocurrency. Besides, bitcoin is working well right now and the best thing to do is to find a way to create higher demand for bitcoin.
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:12:04 AM

I do not think there is any need for Bitcoin to Re-Brand. Because many people know the crypto currency as Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is re-Brand. So it will only damage Bitcoin.
I also think like that, Bitcoin is the most popular crypto that makes crypto known to many people. Bitcoin is like the crypto parent so Bitcoin doesn't need RE-Brand because Bitcoin is already known by many people.
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:28:47 AM

Rebranding is not appropriate for bitcoin. Its name is very well known in the world. Its popularity and potential attracted/attracts investors from everywhere. Rebranding is nonsense to make bitcoin much greater. The dump and pump in normal trend that we should be prepared of every unwanted possibility of lose or to earn.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:48:18 AM

I also think like that, Bitcoin is the most popular crypto that makes crypto known to many people. Bitcoin is like the crypto parent so Bitcoin doesn't need RE-Brand because Bitcoin is already known by many people.
well, of course this will not be so influential because many people prioritize the function of the brand. after all, bitcoin is very popular nowadays, and the price has dropped due to pressure from various parties.
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:01:26 AM

This is really not necessary, and I think that what Bitcoin lacks now is not the brand, but because Bitcoin is not friendly to the novice, which may block many people who don’t like learning from the door of crypto, if Bitcoin to be truly popular, the first question to be solved is how to make it easier to use and close to people's lives.

Loser
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:07:11 PM

This is the most weird idea i have ever heard Smiley Why would we change the brand of bitcoin? In 10 years the Bitcoin had place in the markets, in the world. Do you know what is the 2018 searching trend in google? If you start to search with "what is" the bitcoin word was most searched one on the google in last year. So this is one of the most popular word ever! Why would we change it? Are you okay?
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

No I don't think that there is a need for some re-branding, Bitcoin should stay how it is, nothing wrong and I don't think that people would even like that concept if Bitcoin gets rebranded, however it will actually clean the name of Bitcoin since the name will be rebranded as well and that I am sure of that the people would get to change their impression within the new BTC but it will have lots of outcomes and I don't know if people would either appreciate it or hate it, so I don't think that BTC needs rebranding, what Bitcoin needs not rebranding rather than to evolve and adapt with the upcoming technology and upcoming cryptocurrencies in the future.
Mandy*

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:39:39 PM

I dont think we need to rebrand bitcoin, what bitcoin needed is improvement in every way specially in transaction speed and how we can use it in our everyday lives like when buying groceries people can pay via bitcoin. If that happens, Bitcoin can be forever
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:34:20 PM

Popular from all other types of coins and known to everyone in the world in my opinion even though some countries don't know about virtual money. Only need to further develop Bitcoin and the many new benefits that will emerge from Bitcoin.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:01:48 PM

We should not re-brand bitcoin, because it is already serving for a decade now and its name is already known and familiar all over the world especially to places that are  using digital currency, bitcoin had establish its name as a bitcoin so it should not be change to other hind of name.  

West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:20:58 PM

There is no need to re brand bitcoin. Bitcoin is known around the world as bitcoin. So if you re brand  it it will start again. And you should start to promote it again. So there is no need to rebrand it.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:28:29 AM

I think bitcoin no need to re-brand. Bitcoin brand already strong in many country and people already know about bitcoin. Bitcoin just need more time for growing and we should hold our bitcoin if we want bitcoin price recover again

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: