Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][MINTME]🌎MintMe.com Coin⚡️CPU mining⚡️DApps via Websites🚀No ICO/ASIC  (Read 84030 times)
sshiddiq67

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:14:32 AM

The Webchain is a transparent, egalitarian blockchain protocol that holds US and smart contracts, is mined with a Webchain, users can use Internet of Things resources or any device that can create JavaScript.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sundownz06

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:30:05 PM

Thanks for the new miner.  still have 2 main problems.

1. rig id isn't reflected at pool.  Still shows up as worker id "0", no matter what you put into config.json.

I have this issue on the nVidia miner as well.

This is too bad for monkins as it fails on dev donation.   I would point my cpus and gpus to loudmining but I can't at this point due to conflict of duplicated shares.  All my cpus and gpus are pointed to other pools now.  Or if anyone found good solution, kindly share please.

I am using the nVidia miner on one test machine -- it seems to submit shares fine for the most part. Just doesn't show worker ID.

I have not tried the AMD miner just yet.
monkins1010

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:02:54 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2018, 10:30:15 PM by monkins1010

AMD updated  works on multi GPUS

https://github.com/monkins1010/LOUD-Mining-Webchain-AMD/releases/tag/v1.38

put "worker-id" : "Whateva"   in the pools section of the json to add a rig name.

also updated nvidia miner to give worker id

https://github.com/monkins1010/LOUD-Webchain-miner-nvidia/releases/tag/v1.1

ive bodged it a bit and used the password as the user id .. but it works..
Tangri

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:26:05 PM

So far so good.  3% duplicate shares/compute error but reasonable.  Finally I have pointed my rigs to LOUD.   Smiley  Lets see if they all stay alive for few days. 

Now, how about that 100k difficulty port, say 6666. ?? 

Thanks bro.
sundownz06

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:58:20 PM

also updated nvidia miner to give worker id

https://github.com/monkins1010/LOUD-Webchain-miner-nvidia/releases/tag/v1.1

ive bodged it a bit and used the password as the user id .. but it works..

That did the trick =)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

Hi Team, are you planning to switch to GPU mining?

No, we aren't. It's against the main goals of the project. Keep in mind that Webchain Network was designed to allow CPU users to enjoy the profitability of a cryptocurrency where GPU mining is not more profitable than CPU mining and where ASICs are not allowed. I invite you to have a look at our whitepaper.

I've been CPU mining since the very begining. My hashrate is modest, only 140h/s.
----------------------
See the above posts for working GPU miners, now see the Network hashrate bump from 2 Kh/s to 1.5 Mh/s.
Now tell me again, is this coin a a real CPU only coin, or CPU miners are fools?

Are you planning to:

1. Fork to disable GPU mining,
2. or keep your eyes closed
3. or become a CPU+GPU minable coin?

Tangri

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:43:22 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2018, 11:14:40 AM by Tangri

No, we aren't. It's against the main goals of the project. Keep in mind that Webchain Network was designed to allow CPU users to enjoy the profitability of a cryptocurrency where GPU mining is not more profitable than CPU mining and where ASICs are not allowed. I invite you to have a look at our whitepaper.

I've been CPU mining since the very begining. My hashrate is modest, only 140h/s.
----------------------
See the above posts for working GPU miners, now see the Network hashrate bump from 2 Kh/s to 1.5 Mh/s.
Now tell me again, is this coin a a real CPU only coin, or CPU miners are fools?

Are you planning to:

I agree to forking.  It was original vision, and would like to see this coin stay on track with cpu/java/web/iot powered and secured coin.  Although I do own quite a bit more gpu then cpus, for long term viability, I would prefer to see non gpu, non asic coin.  This is what most of us have signed up for.

Saying things like gpu won't be more efficient don't really make sense anyway.  If price go up, it WILL attract more gpu farm simply because it is better than mining anything else.  There are way more gpu capacity out there then cpu, and will flock to Webchain when prices assures profitability COMPARED to other available coins.  Unless it is dev's intention to depress the price of Webchain forever, GPU will destroy egalitarian mining.  It is clear as black and white. 
webchain-network (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 11:49:13 AM

Some people approached us with the idea of airdrops. We are against it - or at least against the concept shared on Wikipedia saying "A cryptocurrency Airdrop is a distribution of a cryptocurrency token or coin, usually for free, to a large number of wallet addresses, and primarily implemented as a way of gaining attention and new followers resulting in a larger user-base and a wider disbursement of coins. ".

The usually for free part is what we disagree with. It's so easy to start treating a coin as if it was worthless and start giving it away for free. We had no ICO and we are against using any airdrops for Webchain. It's simply too valuable in our eyes to give it away just like that. (small, limited competitions to win some WEB are planned by our marketing team though)

We think to give some coin a value, we cannot give it away for free in bulk. So, to get some WEB you have to work on it.

No free WEB out there for anyone!

▪◾◼💎       MINTME.COM COIN      💎◼◾▪  
  The World's Most Secure Blockchain for DApps 👛 [ Pool ] [ Wallet ] [ Explorer ] 💸 CPU  Mining 🔻 No ICO 🔻 No ASIC 
 [ Facebook ] ◉ [ LinkedIn ] ◉ [ Twitter ] ◉ [ Reddit ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉  [ Discord ] 
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 11:56:11 AM

Some people approached us with the idea of airdrops. We are against it - or at least against the concept shared on Wikipedia saying "A cryptocurrency Airdrop is a distribution of a cryptocurrency token or coin, usually for free, to a large number of wallet addresses, and primarily implemented as a way of gaining attention and new followers resulting in a larger user-base and a wider disbursement of coins. ".

The usually for free part is what we disagree with. It's so easy to start treating a coin as if it was worthless and start giving it away for free. We had no ICO and we are against using any airdrops for Webchain. It's simply too valuable in our eyes to give it away just like that. (small, limited competitions to win some WEB are planned by our marketing team though)

We think to give some coin a value, we cannot give it away for free in bulk. So, to get some WEB you have to work on it.

That sounds fair. Now do we keep the *CPU only* as your signature says, or we use switch to GPUs for work?

Tangri

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:45:40 PM

That sounds fair. Now do we keep the *CPU only* as your signature says, or we use switch to GPUs for work?

LOL

I like that.  Airdrop will probably just end up dumped, and in big dilution.  I also respect the large premine.  I always thought large premine was important as dev needs to be rewarded for their hard work.  Its only fair, although there is some chance of scam. 

Having said that, I wonder what route dev will take from here?  Miners are always looking to profit from advantage and will look high and low to crack codes.  Even when some novel scheme is hatched to ward off crackers, its usually matter of time, until someone comes up with GPU or ASIC solution.  Only things that can possibly work is, always be ready to fork, with new codes ready.  This is huge undertaking, and big distraction from real development of cryptocurrency. 

I guess I will just keep keen eye as story unfolds.  So far, I am impressed with dev team with their industrious efforts and believe this issue will be addressed one way or the other.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work. 
albertod

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

----------------------

Are you planning to:

This is a really interesting question, now that we've seen how some community members have released the GPU miners. Our advertising strategy has always been focused on saying that Webchain is ASIC-resistant, not GPU resistant. The fact of using the tag "CPU mineable coin" is because the only official miner released so far is a CPU miner and that the team has no plans to develop an official GPU miner.

It's not a matter of keeping our eyes closed, it's more about recognizing the power of the community on the project. On the other hand, consider that a bunch of CPU miners would have driven the difficulty up too, of course not this quick, but it would have eventually happened if more CPU users had come and started mining Webchain.
xldon2lx

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:33:32 PM

----------------------

Are you planning to:

This is a really interesting question, now that we've seen how some community members have released the GPU miners. Our advertising strategy has always been focused on saying that Webchain is ASIC-resistant, not GPU resistant. The fact of using the tag "CPU mineable coin" is because the only official miner released so far is a CPU miner and that the team has no plans to develop an official GPU miner.

It's not a matter of keeping our eyes closed, it's more about recognizing the power of the community on the project. On the other hand, consider that a bunch of CPU miners would have driven the difficulty up too, of course not this quick, but it would have eventually happened if more CPU users had come and started mining Webchain.

If you think like that though that would be like deceiving your users... AFAIK bitcoin is a CPU mineable coin also... You could download cpuminer and mine sha256.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:59:58 PM

I use Google Translator.

Help me
I made a mistake.
I sent it to the exchange's webcoin (web) address.
yes webcoin (web) ....
I was stupid to see the web

I have successfully passed status to my wallet.
Obviously webcoin (web) addresses do not come in

How can I find my webchain coin
The number sent was 3,000 coins
Wait for an answer

I confirmed your issue with devs and it's impossible we can do something about this situation. You sent WEB to a non-existing account and as you might know, we are unable to manage accounts, only users with their keyfile can do it. It is shown on the explorer, because as a matter of fact it's possible to send coins to any address.

Remember that the exchanges where Webchain is listed are and will always be mentioned on our homepage, to avoid this kind of issues.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

The Webchain is a transparent, egalitarian blockchain protocol that holds US and smart contracts, is mined with a Webchain, users can use Internet of Things resources or any device that can create JavaScript.

Thank you so much for your comment! I don't get the part of "US" though. Confirming what you've said, Webchain is now an option to be mined via websites, go to coinimp.com and find out more.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

I agree to forking.  It was original vision, and would like to see this coin stay on track with cpu/java/web/iot powered and secured coin.  Although I do own quite a bit more gpu then cpus, for long term viability, I would prefer to see non gpu, non asic coin.  This is what most of us have signed up for.

Saying things like gpu won't be more efficient don't really make sense anyway.  If price go up, it WILL attract more gpu farm simply because it is better than mining anything else.  There are way more gpu capacity out there then cpu, and will flock to Webchain when prices assures profitability COMPARED to other available coins.  Unless it is dev's intention to depress the price of Webchain forever, GPU will destroy egalitarian mining.  It is clear as black and white. 

Thanks for your comment Tangri. I'll be taking your comment to the team devs, I consider you've been part of Webchain community for quite a long time and you wish the best for the project.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:40:47 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 08:37:58 PM by albertod

We've added a post on reddit to talk about this decision. We always appreciate and consider your feedback. Join us there.
thisav

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:41:14 PM

From the content of this thread and the website, I can see the dev team are very ambitious in change and utilising the blockchain technology by offering a No ICO rules on this project. This can gives a positive feels on others which the project is not scamming people. Also, the anti ASIC gives a opportunity to other new comers to adapt this project, which is a very nice idea.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:48:51 PM

The team is evaluating the current network performance after these community actions. As I mentioned in a previous comment, Webchain has the #ASICResistant tag and that's what the team assures they will stand up for.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:00:28 PM

What are your expectations on Webchain after being added to CoinIMP.com as mineable coin? Add your comments to the reddit post below:

albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:15:49 PM

I like that.  Airdrop will probably just end up dumped, and in big dilution.  I also respect the large premine.  I always thought large premine was important as dev needs to be rewarded for their hard work.  Its only fair, although there is some chance of scam. 

Having said that, I wonder what route dev will take from here?  Miners are always looking to profit from advantage and will look high and low to crack codes.  Even when some novel scheme is hatched to ward off crackers, its usually matter of time, until someone comes up with GPU or ASIC solution.  Only things that can possibly work is, always be ready to fork, with new codes ready.  This is huge undertaking, and big distraction from real development of cryptocurrency. 

I guess I will just keep keen eye as story unfolds.  So far, I am impressed with dev team with their industrious efforts and believe this issue will be addressed one way or the other.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work. 

Thanks for your support regarding the decision upon airdrops. The information about the premined coins has been shared with the community before and we're willing to answer any other questions that could arise about it.

You can consider it a fact, by saying that Webchain is and will remain ASIC resistant, devs feel committed to working in advance to stand up for those "threats" if the time ever comes. We appreciate your keen eye on this situation and we can assure you there's no need to worry.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: