Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][MINTME]🌎MintMe.com Coin⚡️CPU mining⚡️DApps via Websites🚀No ICO/ASIC  (Read 84018 times)
albertod

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:28:01 PM

If you wonder why we prefer discord, read this short article on our news section. https://webchain.network/news/2018/8/10/switch-to-discord-for-real-time-communication

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 03:38:59 PM

This is a really interesting question, now that we've seen how some community members have released the GPU miners. Our advertising strategy has always been focused on saying that Webchain is ASIC-resistant, not GPU resistant. The fact of using the tag "CPU mineable coin" is because the only official miner released so far is a CPU miner and that the team has no plans to develop an official GPU miner.

It's not a matter of keeping our eyes closed, it's more about recognizing the power of the community on the project. On the other hand, consider that a bunch of CPU miners would have driven the difficulty up too, of course not this quick, but it would have eventually happened if more CPU users had come and started mining Webchain.

If you think like that though that would be like deceiving your users... AFAIK bitcoin is a CPU mineable coin also... You could download cpuminer and mine sha256.

As I just said some messages above, the team is committed to keeping webchain ASIC resistant if that ever comes to happen. We said Webchain is botnet unfriendly due to its privacy settings, transactions are traceable. Keep that in mind!

juice_099

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:22:21 PM

This is a really interesting question, now that we've seen how some community members have released the GPU miners. Our advertising strategy has always been focused on saying that Webchain is ASIC-resistant, not GPU resistant. The fact of using the tag "CPU mineable coin" is because the only official miner released so far is a CPU miner and that the team has no plans to develop an official GPU miner.

It's not a matter of keeping our eyes closed, it's more about recognizing the power of the community on the project. On the other hand, consider that a bunch of CPU miners would have driven the difficulty up too, of course not this quick, but it would have eventually happened if more CPU users had come and started mining Webchain.

If you think like that though that would be like deceiving your users... AFAIK bitcoin is a CPU mineable coin also... You could download cpuminer and mine sha256.

Alberto was confused. We called Webchain "CPU minable coin" because CryptoNight gives no significant advantage to GPU miners vs CPU miners, so Webchain will always be CPU minable.
monkins1010

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:14:56 PM

Unfortunately you can't fork a coin away from gpu, unless you make the CPU miner closed source..  GPUS are re-programmable. you can fork away from an asic as its stuck doing one algo.
just sayin.
Tangri

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:15:21 PM

Unfortunately you can't fork a coin away from gpu, unless you make the CPU miner closed source..  GPUS are re-programmable. you can fork away from an asic as its stuck doing one algo.
just sayin.

This is unrelated topic but you are the master coder so I will ask away.  I have seen a cryptocoin that uses Japanses haiku, where cpu is used to randomly match words using haiku rules.  How difficult would that be to port over to gpu?   I am not coder so I wouldn't know, but it doesn't seem quantifiable.  Or maybe it can be.  I don't know.

Btw, new miner is cool.  Dev donation is more smooth and less duplicate shares.  I find that some pool does result in more duplcates, and higher the difficulty, less duplicates.  And thanks for 100k diff port.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:22:54 PM

On Cryptonight 7, an AMD CPU 1700 mines about 600H/s.
Latest AMD consumer CPU to date is 2700X which mines about 750H/s

Only one CPU can fit per motherboard.

A single Vega 56/64 easily does 2000H/s. Atleast 12 of them
can fit on a single motherboard. So any claims that GPU mining
is comparable and has same profitability as CPU mining are ridiculous.

------------------------------------------------

If we check the first page, here is what it says:

1. Web minable.
 - many other coins are also web minable. Ex: - Monero, JSEcoin, etc.

2. Only public, transparent and trackable transactions, a condition that guarantees a botnet unfriendly network
 - atleast 80% of the coins are transparent.

3. Fast transactions with possible off-chain solutions and on-chain scaling via sharding.
 - Many other coins have fast transactions - ex. ROI coin, BTX, etc. Off chain solutions and sharding are not implemented yet.

4. Constantly upgraded to remain ASIC resistant.

- No evidence yet, no Asic was threatening it yet.

5. DApp ERC20/223 enabled

- thousands of other coins are also smart contract enabled.

So we accept that since August Webchain is not CPU only minable (which was a unique feature).

Then what makes Webchain better than the rest Cryptonight 7 coins (or atleast a unique feature)?

Please understand that I like Webchain and I want to clear things out before I continue contributing to it.

xldon2lx

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

Unfortunately you can't fork a coin away from gpu, unless you make the CPU miner closed source..  GPUS are re-programmable. you can fork away from an asic as its stuck doing one algo.
just sayin.

You can't fork away from a GPU miner but you can make a GPU miner useless... GPU's dominate CPUs by its processing power as it contains lots of cores vs a CPU that only has an average of 4 cores... But what a CPU has that a GPU doesn't is a high memory. If you make a algo memory intensive then a GPU won't perform better that a CPU. And that's how you make a "CPU mineable coin".
webchain-network (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 05:17:29 PM

Do you have a Website and want to monetize it? Do you know anyone who would like to earn some WEB with website mining? Make the most of the CoinIMP referral program. Once again, we're delivering what we promised.

Find out more about Webchain JS miner for websites. We've summarized the main features of CoinIMP miner in this article

Visit CoinIMP to find out more.

▪◾◼💎       MINTME.COM COIN      💎◼◾▪  
  The World's Most Secure Blockchain for DApps 👛 [ Pool ] [ Wallet ] [ Explorer ] 💸 CPU  Mining 🔻 No ICO 🔻 No ASIC 
 [ Facebook ] ◉ [ LinkedIn ] ◉ [ Twitter ] ◉ [ Reddit ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉ [ Telegram ] ◉  [ Discord ] 
Btcmnr

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:08:18 PM

There are already a couple of similar projects to yours. Tell us how you are different from them?
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

As I just said some messages above, the team is committed to keeping webchain ASIC resistant if that ever comes to happen. We said Webchain is botnet unfriendly due to its privacy settings, transactions are traceable. Keep that in mind!

If that is the major thing that they want to use as to how to promote webchain, then I am convinced they will be committed to ensure that in the long run.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

There are already a couple of similar projects to yours. Tell us how you are different from them?

Hi! I'd like you to share some of those projects so we can compare properly. It's actually interesting to do so.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

Alberto was confused. We called Webchain "CPU minable coin" because CryptoNight gives no significant advantage to GPU miners vs CPU miners, so Webchain will always be CPU minable.

Thank you juice_099 for the correction! More information about this will be shared soon.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:57:37 PM

We invite you to read some features of CoinIMP.com that you can enjoy by adding Webchain mining script to your website. https://webchain.network/news/2018/8/22/webchain-website-miner-script-is-available-on-coinimp-com
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:53:19 PM

If we check the first page, here is what it says:

1. Web minable.
 - many other coins are also web minable. Ex: - Monero, JSEcoin, etc.

I've decided to answer your questions in different comments.

1. To answer your point, we have to explain first that crypto technology all revolves around the same principle; meaning that some coins will share features with other coins. It’s the individual differences (code, team, community)  between coins what makes the real difference, so yes, we share some features with other coins, but the motive behind our project (our vision and implementation) is what makes the difference, lots of coins are webminable, but not all of them can be mined directly from web mining services, Webchain was added to the second most popular JavaScript miner (for example) while only Monero is widely mined on those kind of services. Since only Monero has been widespread for web mining, we are the only coin that is being popularly webmined in a transparent way.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:10:13 PM

2. Only public, transparent and trackable transactions, a condition that guarantees a botnet unfriendly network
 - atleast 80% of the coins are transparent.

3. Fast transactions with possible off-chain solutions and on-chain scaling via sharding.
 - Many other coins have fast transactions - ex. ROI coin, BTX, etc. Off chain solutions and sharding are not implemented yet.

2 and 3. Your other point, about transactions, is quite relative. You say that other coins have these features as well. This is a good thing, lots of cars have strong engines, yet it doesn’t mean that they are the same or can be compared (you can’t compare a Mitsubishi to a BMW, they're in totally different categories, even though both brands got respectable engines). We don't promote them as unique features, but as features that support the quality of our project. By the way, there's an open post on reddit to discuss about transactions speed, join us with your comments about it please.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:22:33 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 04:49:00 PM by albertod

4. Constantly upgraded to remain ASIC resistant.

- No evidence yet, no Asic was threatening it yet.

4. As you said, there's no evidence to think devs won't keep the coin ASIC-resistant. We haven’t been challenged yet, but our team is active and monitoring the community and ready for an ASIC test.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:50:11 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 05:03:36 PM by albertod

5. DApp ERC20/223 enabled

- thousands of other coins are also smart contract enabled.

5. The same applies to the smart contract functionality, the only thing we can say about that is that time will tell. Yes, many blockchain projects have smart contracts enabled but how many of them got widespread? so time will tell and show our plan, how we plan to use this functionality and how we plan to support the community and the developers willing to cooperate with us and be part of the network.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

So we accept that since August Webchain is not CPU only minable (which was a unique feature).

Then what makes Webchain better than the rest Cryptonight 7 coins (or atleast a unique feature)?

Please understand that I like Webchain and I want to clear things out before I continue contributing to it.

I left the CPU Vs GPU argument for the end, because it's been causing a lot of controversy lately. We have two choices now, we have two teams in the community, one that wants Webchain only CPU minable and the other part that uses GPU, we can't side with one team or the other and we can't take a unilateral decision, so we're kind of standing in the middle ground trying to find an acceptable plan of action, which we hope the community will accept and support, but we think it's still really early in the Webchain's history for a community split, so we're trying to find the most logical and reasonable approach to deal with this and please both teams but we're open to suggestions.

We will be posting an official announcement about this soon.
albertod

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:50:10 PM

Keep up-to-date with the market capitalization of Webchain, we invite you to constantly visit the following sites:

adoniso

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:35:43 PM

Please help me.
I'm having trouble, it does not sync.

https://monosnap.com/file/DHr9yJ9QYadx6lSezMSUMr0czSFcs0

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: