Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people want ETH to over come BTC  (Read 6035 times)
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:50:16 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 08:22:47 PM by Happiest

I doubt if it will ever happen. I say it's quite disrespecting to compare Ethereum to bitcoin or even think that Ethereum will  overcome bitcoin.  Bitcoin is one popular, promising and outstanding coin that can't be surprassed. Also bear in mind that just because Ethereum is mostly used by most upcoming ICOs yet, this won't make it possible.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:52:16 AM

Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

are the people expecting eth to be more worth or do they want it? Anyway I guess your answer might have to do with eth is easyer to handle in startups etc...

cherryfer

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:52:49 AM

Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

Some people are biassed when the time Bitcoin is the top of all crypto almost all people are happy, when Bitcoin is going in bad situation of price they felt that Bitcoin is not good, I hope people are happy what the crypto given to us let us support what they have to imposed their project when they are in a bad situation we help them to rise again not to campared whose the best. Because now a days we are all the benefitiary what the goal wanted too.
noelanora99

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:58:41 AM

I think the one who has been propagating this idea are only those major holder of ETH currency, while those common ETH users has been only influenced to strengthen their desire to gain more wealth, and in the same time making a use of them to spread and empowered this idea. Then again I can hardly blame them, who wouldn't want to be successful and earn more wealth?.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:58:54 AM

In my opinion many people interested in Ethereum because of the ICO coin buy. I see Basically Ethereum transaction fee low cost.

Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:25:26 AM

I don't know why people say so much about those Bitcoin transaction fees.

A simple international SWIFT costs about 45 USD and 2-3 business days.

People do those SWIFTS and never complained. Now bitcoin offers a more secure method, which costs 3-4 USD and 20 minutes, and people are crying about "high fees" "old technology"
WTF?

Ethereum is cheaper because their network has not the same volume as BTC.
Don't you remember when cryptokitties flooded their network and they had high fees?

Personally, i don't worry much about fees. Now with segwit and lightning, everything will be much cheaper.
ETH doesn't have same volume as Bitcoin? what do you mean about that? number of transactions in Blockchain?
as far as I know Ethereum Blockchain is busier than Bitcoin Blockchain, the number of transactions in ethereum network is more than Bitcoin network, you can see it
Bitcoin: https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/
Ethereum: https://bitinfocharts.com/ethereum/

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:28:21 AM

You know why? It is because so many bounty participants, including investors, who participated in bounty campaigns for the past months haven't earned money out of their holdings yet. This is because ethereum dumped so badly together with bitcoin and ethereum is mainly for smart contracts. Recently there were too many ICOs that use smart contracts.

Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:34:16 AM

Of course many reasons why many users want ETH beat bitcoin, and if compared the speed then it can be ascertained that ETH is faster than bitcoin, while from the security side then all ETH wallet equipped with private key so easy to control ETH.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Crislyn4116

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:25:13 PM

Some of the users in this forum earning from airdrops and bounty campaigns. So they have some users and company connected in ethereum blockchain. Ethereum have s fast transaction  and low fee so some users use ethereum for transfering money.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:29:39 PM

There are a lot of people who want ethereum more than bitcoin, and I think they are people who have a lot of ethereum and most people get paid bounty with ethereum wallets, if the price of ethereum exceeds the bitcoin, and they certainly get a huge profit.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:36:08 PM

I am a party to those who want the ethereum to surpass the bitcoin. My basic reasons is because of its very low transaction fees compared to that of Bitcoin and also that the ethereum wallet serves as  wallet to hold most of our tokens/altcoins but bitcoin is serving just as a means of exchange to our fiats.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:42:14 PM

Whoever that is wishing Ethereum will overpass Bitcoin it's  no other set of people than the traders. Most traders are hoping that Ethereum will overcome bitcoin in price so that they can make their gains. They believe that bitcoin has reached it prime and won't have a higher price than the recent.  But they don't understand the reason why bitcoin is and will still be the number one cryptocurrency is because of the problem it pose to solve.
kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:01:47 AM

In my opinion it is a bit difficult to observe bitcoin in the near future with other coins, because I think bitcoin is a benchmark for exchanging values against other coins. So when changed bitcoin it will change a system also in digital currency exchange in my opinion. If anyone likes ETH it is a taste for coin and I think ETH is also likely to have a stable value in digital currency in exchange so maybe that's why some people tend to prefer ETH
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:06:27 AM

Because Ethereum supply is much larger than Bitcoin so they assume and wish that Ethereum can replace Bitcoin (so they can look for luck in cryptocurrency much longer), when in fact it will never happen even though, because of the popularity of Bitcoin cannot be defeated by any coin.

Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:18:04 AM

Because Ethereum supply is much larger than Bitcoin so they assume and wish that Ethereum can replace Bitcoin (so they can look for luck in cryptocurrency much longer), when in fact it will never happen even though, because of the popularity of Bitcoin cannot be defeated by any coin.

Yes I agree on that I believe that eth is next to bitcoin if we speak about popularity. And it is also profitable because many people around really believe and gain on it so then many people around like ETH same as bitcoin. Both are profitable coin and amazing but many people think that eth is also profitable than btc and it is also affordable.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:20:12 AM

the only reason i could possibly offer is that eth is still relatively cheap and as such they can buy it up in droves and then repeat what bitcoin did.I think this is the main reason ,people  want to create a situation where they acquire coins relatively cheaply compared to what they will sell it for in the future and because ETH is almost as known as bitcoin they think it will gather enough momentum to surpass bitcoins thereby enriching themselves.

Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:20:21 AM

There are a lot of people who want the ethereum cost more than bitcoin and that also includes me, and frankly because if ethereum costs more than bitcoin I can get a lot of pay from sigcamp and that's my reason. Grin
arsenti

Activity: 90
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:20:47 AM

Demand or price growth is not decided by what people want, it is based on what that product is offering. ETH is faster and cheaper in fees in compariosn to bitcoins and thus it is getting popular.
Flickkk

Activity: 434

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:24:24 AM

first of all Ethereum is cheaper  you can get more ETHEREUM per BTC.
then Ethereum has a potential to be a future coin which mean it can possibly catch up with Bitcoin in future.
and Many Ethereum Based Token  are Used by many ICOs .
thats why many prefere Ethereum

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
forumsehat

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:37:03 AM

Many people hope that ethereum can exceed the bitcoin price I think because one of them is with the many ethereum platforms used by bounty ico.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: