Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26066 times)
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:35:09 PM

Do you have any working theories or ideas already on the subject of moving a floating seasted.What would be used to move it over the sea in case on need for a relocation?

Good question, will be interesting to hear the answer. hopefully Elwar can provide as always hehehe

What I was also wondering about would be waves and issues that some kind of bad weather and strong winds can create.I'm pretty sure team has already put some thought into this possibility since it's a floating island so it's common sense Cheesy What I would like to know did team think about using the waves and energy they create to produce electricity for the seasted that way? That would a great way to do it and really eco-friendly.Also adding windmills on sea could be a great way too!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hilderman

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

Do you have any working theories or ideas already on the subject of moving a floating seasted.What would be used to move it over the sea in case on need for a relocation?

ye it would be good to have some kind of contingency plan,just in case.
destress

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

I would love to hear the contingency plan too, I would like to know that this project is really well thought out of considering everything that could go wrong.
CillaryHlinton

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:08:14 PM

I was just thinking about 100k dollars competition.Did you receive any aplications already ? Would be cool to have some new on that part as soon as we have aplication so we can check possible option for a seasted that way Cheesy

Whats that about 100k competition,can you share some link please?
Planton

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:18:25 AM

a project that is unique and interesting, offers a very nice concept. Let us give support for this project, so that this project can run smoothly and can be realized.
Kriptos

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:58:10 AM

a project that is unique and interesting, offers a very nice concept. Let us give support for this project, so that this project can run smoothly and can be realized.
not just the support that can make this project a success but it must also be balanced by teamwork and cohesiveness, because if the project gets a lot of support but the team involved does not have any cohesiveness it will certainly fail, too, certainly everyone involved in this project will have a achieve the success of this project.

UstadSoleh

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:49:16 AM

not just the support that can make this project a success but it must also be balanced by teamwork and cohesiveness, because if the project gets a lot of support but the team involved does not have any cohesiveness it will certainly fail, too, certainly everyone involved in this project will have a achieve the success of this project.
I agree with you, success and failure of a project it does depend on how the team manages the project with good. If all the people who work in the project will always work hard with good, certainly the expected targets could be easily achieved.

Yaiko08

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:19:10 AM

I agree with you, success and failure of a project it does depend on how the team manages the project with good. If all the people who work in the project will always work hard with good, certainly the expected targets could be easily achieved.
It's true, we can't see that project can succeed only by seeing from a great concept and a lot of support.
but it all depends on all the teams that are working in this project, if they do his work properly and very good, of course this project could be a huge success and give satisfactory results.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

Seasteading as a solution to rising seas:

https://medium.com/@bluefrontiers/seasteading-as-a-solution-to-rising-seas-85cc7e809a90

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Kryptoking21

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:46:57 AM

Nice article,thank you for sharing.This project could really be solution for sea level rise,as stated in the article.
Kavorka

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:55:24 AM

I would love to hear the contingency plan too, I would like to know that this project is really well thought out of considering everything that could go wrong.

Yes,when you have something like floating islands,you have to think about everything .
HundredEyes

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:26:22 PM

Yes,when you have something like floating islands,you have to think about everything .

Im sure team will test everything and area where they plan to install first one will be safe.
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

How come you chose french polynesia,to start the project there?
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:56:06 PM

I was just thinking about 100k dollars competition.Did you receive any aplications already ? Would be cool to have some new on that part as soon as we have aplication so we can check possible option for a seasted that way Cheesy

Whats that about 100k competition,can you share some link please?

Yeah, there is a competition to bring seasted to your country for 100k prize.

here is the link where you can learn more about it:

https://www.blue-frontiers.global/
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:02:16 PM

Thank you for sharing the article, it has so much great information about the project.Though I haven't seen anything related to relocating the island if that will be needed, can you come back to us regarding that issue?
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:31:50 PM

Great article, nice to see how much work has been put into the project! It says it could create up to 800 jobs, would some of those jobs be outsourced off the seasted?
namistyk

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:34:40 PM

An interesting idea in the team, for me it seems like a kind of fantasy, but everything can be a reality and it's exciting! I wish success to the team!
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:30:24 AM

The initial seasteads will not focus on moving too much. There have been some designs where each unit is small enough to be loaded onto a tanker and moved (for long distances) or for short distances wait for a calm day and use a tug type of boat to pull it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:39:16 AM

The initial seasteads will not focus on moving too much. There have been some designs where each unit is small enough to be loaded onto a tanker and moved (for long distances) or for short distances wait for a calm day and use a tug type of boat to pull it.

only rich people can afford this seasteads. now, blockchain is making a big impact and even ordinary users can partially own it. but i think in the long run, small time investors can have only those tokens but not really owning a seastead. they are just mere holders of tokens. but why not, just the idea of having such kind of ownership might do you good, mentally.  Grin
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 02:29:41 AM

only rich people can afford this seasteads. now, blockchain is making a big impact and even ordinary users can partially own it. but i think in the long run, small time investors can have only those tokens but not really owning a seastead. they are just mere holders of tokens. but why not, just the idea of having such kind of ownership might do you good, mentally.  Grin

There will be a wide range of people on the seastead, some renting, some there for vacation, some owning. At the very least you can use your varyon to go on a vacation to visit the seastead and meet the interesting people that will be living there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: