Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26066 times)
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:33:59 PM

Is there any info how much have me collected until now?How is the sale going?

There is a ticker on the website, varyon.io

Currently at 1381 ETH (varies based on the price of our bitcoin holdings).

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

US based investors will be able to join later?

Yeah acredited US investor will soon be able to invest Cheesy

Why they cant join now,whats the current issue?

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

What is the difference between KYC and AML?

KYC is Know Your Customer. Basically verifying your identity.
AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.

But man, we understand what you wanna say,you are mad because our privacy is continuously invaded... but we also have to understand that in todays world its almost impossible without that. Maybe you dont have bad intentions but some people definitely have them and there is no other solution... how would you solve problems like bribery,corruption,money laundering and a lots of other illegal intentions?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

Just popped in real quickly to share the video about ZenCash and Varyon as it was spoken about few days ago and there was not much information about and I was learning about it also as this kind of went under the radar here and it is very important for the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWUT2eKMERA
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:20:13 AM

Thanks Elwar.We are progressing just fine and when US joins in it will be even better for sure.

Accredited investors will be going through a separate KYC/AML process that also involves proving their accredited status (they have to have made at least $200k in the past 2 years or have at least $1 million in assets).

AML is Anti-Money Laundering. Basically finding out where the money is coming from.

I would speak freely about what I think about KYC/AML but I am somewhat representing Blue Frontiers so I will play nice.

But man, we understand what you wanna say,you are mad because our privacy is continuously invaded... but we also have to understand that in todays world its almost impossible without that. Maybe you dont have bad intentions but some people definitely have them and there is no other solution... how would you solve problems like bribery,corruption,money laundering and a lots of other illegal intentions?

Hopefully we can figure out a better way on the seasteads Wink

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Uthred

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:49:33 AM

Just popped in real quickly to share the video about ZenCash and Varyon as it was spoken about few days ago and there was not much information about and I was learning about it also as this kind of went under the radar here and it is very important for the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWUT2eKMERA

Good one,thank you for sharing,i somehow missed that one
Gwiazdooka

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:56:34 AM
Merited by Elwar (1)

I think  thats just an excuse,they pretend that they want to solve issues like corruption and money laundering by KYC/AML,but what they really want is to get all your info so they can tax you and get their piece of cake.Thats what goverments really want,thats their ultimate goal.YOUR money.

Remember,taxation is theft!
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:46:38 AM

This is an ambitious AND deals with a real world problem. The use of tokens to essentially act as a currency for the planned islands, with our investment being used as the means to build the islands, is a great way to raise the funds.

When I first read about this project, I thought it was a bit out there. But I encourage anyone reading about it to also check out the youtube clips and discussion at the United Nations on this work. The team are really thinking this through and I'll be following the project.

Also, nice to see zencash as an eligible form of investment! Usually ico's are in BTC and Eth, so good to see other great coins being supported.

The pre-ico investment entry point is a bit high for me, but I'll be looking out for the ico and any marketing/bounty you have Smiley

Kryptoking21

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:54:37 PM

What will be the benefits for Varyon,from this partnership with zencash?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 03:36:24 PM

ZenCash is very much focused on decentralized governance so they should be able to build some of the governance tools for the seasteads. I know they are working on a private voting system. As I have mentioned before, Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain company...it is a seastead building company. So they will be looking to partner with others to take care of many of the blockchain based solutions to governance. ZEN has a setup where they pay developers like how Bitcoin pays miners. So if some of the developers are getting paid for projects that can be used on the seastead then that is beneficial to all seasteaders. Of course there will need to be built a simple interaction between varyon and ZEN so that people with ZEN can use their tools.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:27:11 PM

I think  thats just an excuse,they pretend that they want to solve issues like corruption and money laundering by KYC/AML,but what they really want is to get all your info so they can tax you and get their piece of cake.Thats what goverments really want,thats their ultimate goal.YOUR money.

Remember,taxation is theft!

Of course that is the other side of the medal.It serves to regulate a bit better  and also to get all our data so we can be taxed easier.It's a necessary evil if you ask me.
HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:54:06 PM

ZenCash is very much focused on decentralized governance so they should be able to build some of the governance tools for the seasteads. I know they are working on a private voting system. As I have mentioned before, Blue Frontiers is not a blockchain company...it is a seastead building company. So they will be looking to partner with others to take care of many of the blockchain based solutions to governance. ZEN has a setup where they pay developers like how Bitcoin pays miners. So if some of the developers are getting paid for projects that can be used on the seastead then that is beneficial to all seasteaders. Of course there will need to be built a simple interaction between varyon and ZEN so that people with ZEN can use their tools.

Yeah this makes sense.I see some people get confused about difference between Blue Frontiers and Varyon and interaction between them and how partnerships affect them.Can you explain how Blue Frontiers and Varyon interact and partnerships that affect them?
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

I have been checking out the concepts for a seasted and must say that I prefer the first solution over the second one.It looks more environment friendly with mini marina and more green areas all over it Cheesy Kind of reminds me of Shire for lord of the rings Cheesy

You can check it out here and maybe share your opinions Cheesy

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/assets
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

I have been checking out the concepts for a seasted and must say that I prefer the first solution over the second one.It looks more environment friendly with mini marina and more green areas all over it Cheesy Kind of reminds me of Shire for lord of the rings Cheesy

You can check it out here and maybe share your opinions Cheesy

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/assets

Thanks for sharing.I checked it out and I agree with you on this one. First solution looks more in tune with the surroundings to me too.Though the second solution might be more suitable for people who like when it looks futuristic, like progressive, kind off goes well with the idea of new tech so it makes sense also.
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:44:09 PM

Since there was some information about ZenCash and partnerships I was digging a bit and found that there are lots of podcasts on Blue Frontiers website about all of this, project and much more and you learn a lot by listening to those podcasts!

https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/podcasts

Elwar are those gonna be posted regularly? I really like it as it is much easier to listen then to read that much information.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:29:35 AM

Since there was some information about ZenCash and partnerships I was digging a bit and found that there are lots of podcasts on Blue Frontiers website about all of this, project and much more and you learn a lot by listening to those podcasts!

Elwar are those gonna be posted regularly? I really like it as it is much easier to listen then to read that much information.

Yes, I believe they are doing several podcasts hoping to keep it a regular thing.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:35:16 AM

Yeah this makes sense.I see some people get confused about difference between Blue Frontiers and Varyon and interaction between them and how partnerships affect them.Can you explain how Blue Frontiers and Varyon interact and partnerships that affect them?

Varyon will be the only currency that Blue Frontiers accepts. So even if ZenCash is being used for some blockchain solution, if it interacts with Blue Frontiers it will need to convert to varyon at some point.

Blue Frontiers will want to keep the value of varyon up because it holds a lot of varyon in reserves and will use it for future construction all over the world.

SRBYN

Activity: 276

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:07:59 AM

Varyon will be the only currency that Blue Frontiers accepts. So even if ZenCash is being used for some blockchain solution, if it interacts with Blue Frontiers it will need to convert to varyon at some point.

Blue Frontiers will want to keep the value of varyon up because it holds a lot of varyon in reserves and will use it for future construction all over the world.

You do plan to get listed on the exchanges,right?
NoMoreTears

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:41:52 AM

Thanks for sharing that!Its great  to see that community is involved,digging for info and sharing with others.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 08:18:27 AM

You do plan to get listed on the exchanges,right?

They're in talks but of course not until after the sale.

valkoun

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:45:56 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 03:09:00 PM by valkoun
Merited by Creol (2), KosmoKisa (1)

ICO Analysis: Varyon
Published on May 30, 2018
By Fredrik Vold

Team
Since the Varyon ICO is launched by the already established company Blue Frontiers, the team appears pretty strong, particularly when it comes to the concept of seasteading, special economic zones, legal, and administration.
The company was originally spun off of the non-profit The Seasteading Institute, and therefore shares many of the same employees. The key members of the management team consist of:
    Randy Hencken, Director at The Seasteading Institute, leader of The Floating City Project, and early cryptocurrency adopter.
    Joe Quirk, President of The Seasteading Institute and co-author of the book Seasteading: How Floating Nations Will Restore the Environment, Enrich the Poor, Cure the Sick, and Liberate Humanity from Politicians.
    Marc Collins, serial entrepreneur and former Minister of Tourism of French Polynesia.
    Nicolas Germineau, entrepreneur, software developer, and Ambassador of The Seasteading Institute since 2011.
    Egor Ryjikov, Belarusian inventor, investor, and entrepreneur. Ambassador of The Seasteading Institute since 2009.
Other than the names listed above, Blue Frontiers also has a long list of advisors that are associated with the company. This includes specialists in fields such as Special Economic Zones, tourism, engineering, journalism, and other areas relevant to the project.
The only thing we can see lacking from the list of team members is more people with relevant blockchain experience. There are a few blockchain developers on the team, but in reality there are very few of these people compared to other blockchain projects we have reviewed.
One could argue that an ICO of this type doesn’t need a lot of blockchain professionals to carry out their project, but I would still argue that having at least some people who have experience with ICOs would be an advantage. It would probably also help with carrying out the ICO in a more professional manner, and avoiding issues like launching the pre-sale without having a complete white paper, which is what the company is currently doing.

Verdict
Although The Seasteading Institute has signed an MoU with the French Polynesian government about the construction of a floating island in its territorial waters, it appears that strong opposition to the project exists both within the government and in the Polynesian population, as reported by Radio New Zealand in February. To be fair though, it is believed that with the elections in French Polynesia being over, politicians there will now have more flexibility in terms of moving forward with projects of this type that may be unpopular among some people.
Another potential problem we see here is that The Seasteading Insitute has already been around for quite a long time and has failed in past attempts at setting up real-world seasteads. The most notable of these was a planned prototype seastead that was to be set up by The Seasteading Institute in the San Francisco Bay by 2010, according to Wikipedia. Despite an investment by Peter Thiel totaling $1.7 million, this has never happened.
Investors in Varyon need to be aware that in order for this investment to pay off in any way at all, it is essential that an actual real-world seastead is built and deployed on the ocean. Unfortunately, the track record of past attempts of doing this does not look very promising, but we certainly hope that this time will be different.

Growth potential
    Smart contract code has been audited by an independent third party. +1
    Rising sea-levels is a risk that is threatening inhabitants in places like French Polynesia. Raising awareness about this and proposing new solutions is something that will probably help boost public support in the host nations of seasteads, which is critical in order for the project to be brought to life. +3
    Lots of people are excited about this project and support the idea of creating floating islands with independent governance, and some of these people are also likely to invest and buy property on these islands. +2
    Because of the strong support for the project and the amount of media attention the project has received, it is likely that some people will contribute more out of ideological reasons rather than expecting a huge return on their investment. Those who are solely looking to maximize returns will likely look to other ICOs. +1
    The backers of the ICO and the team is strong and has extensive experience in the area of special economic zones, engineering, and seasteads. +3

Risks
    It remains somewhat unclear if the funds raised from the token sale will be used for the construction of an actual seastead, or if it will mainly go towards developing plans, blueprints, and research about the legal framework for “SeaZones.” The company should make it more clear that the funds raised will be spent to build a real-world seastead in French Polynesia. -2
    The white paper published on the Varyon website is just a draft and not a final version. Several important details are left out of the white paper, including information about the lock-up for the team’s tokens. -1
    The Seasteading Institute’s (separate from Blue Frontiers, which is issuing this token) past record in putting their ideas to life is questionable, although the team argues that as a think-tank, construction of real-world seasteads has never been their objective -1

Disposition
In conclusion, we admit that we feel excited about the possibility of building real-world seasteads, and we certainly hope that Blue Frontiers will succeed so that this becomes a reality one day.
The main question about this ICO is if the company will succeed in putting a real-world floating island on the sea off the coast of French Polynesia. There is really no way of knowing this with certainty, and since the long-term value of the Varyon token would entirely depend on this, it should be clear to everyone that this is a very risky investment.
However, you may choose to view this as more of an idealistic fundraising for a cause you believe in. If you are exited about the idea of floating islands and want to help make it a reality, then Varyon is by all means a great way to contribute! The team is strong and they are probably the most experienced people in the world working on seasteading projects for the time being.
Overall, we arrive at a score of 6 out of 10 for the Varyon ICO.

Proof: https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-varyon/

This is very good result.
Pipilla

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:56:31 PM

ICO Analysis: Varyon
Published on May 30, 2018
By Fredrik Vold

Team
Since the Varyon ICO is launched by the already established company Blue Frontiers, the team appears pretty strong, particularly when it comes to the concept of seasteading, special economic zones, legal, and administration.
The company was originally spun off of the non-profit The Seasteading Institute, and therefore shares many of the same employees. The key members of the management team consist of:
    Randy Hencken, Director at The Seasteading Institute, leader of The Floating City Project, and early cryptocurrency adopter.
    Joe Quirk, President of The Seasteading Institute and co-author of the book Seasteading: How Floating Nations Will Restore the Environment, Enrich the Poor, Cure the Sick, and Liberate Humanity from Politicians.
    Marc Collins, serial entrepreneur and former Minister of Tourism of French Polynesia.
    Nicolas Germineau, entrepreneur, software developer, and Ambassador of The Seasteading Institute since 2011.
    Egor Ryjikov, Belarusian inventor, investor, and entrepreneur. Ambassador of The Seasteading Institute since 2009.
Other than the names listed above, Blue Frontiers also has a long list of advisors that are associated with the company. This includes specialists in fields such as Special Economic Zones, tourism, engineering, journalism, and other areas relevant to the project.
The only thing we can see lacking from the list of team members is more people with relevant blockchain experience. There are a few blockchain developers on the team, but in reality there are very few of these people compared to other blockchain projects we have reviewed.
One could argue that an ICO of this type doesn’t need a lot of blockchain professionals to carry out their project, but I would still argue that having at least some people who have experience with ICOs would be an advantage. It would probably also help with carrying out the ICO in a more professional manner, and avoiding issues like launching the pre-sale without having a complete white paper, which is what the company is currently doing.

Verdict
Although The Seasteading Institute has signed an MoU with the French Polynesian government about the construction of a floating island in its territorial waters, it appears that strong opposition to the project exists both within the government and in the Polynesian population, as reported by Radio New Zealand in February. To be fair though, it is believed that with the elections in French Polynesia being over, politicians there will now have more flexibility in terms of moving forward with projects of this type that may be unpopular among some people.
Another potential problem we see here is that The Seasteading Insitute has already been around for quite a long time and has failed in past attempts at setting up real-world seasteads. The most notable of these was a planned prototype seastead that was to be set up by The Seasteading Institute in the San Francisco Bay by 2010, according to Wikipedia. Despite an investment by Peter Thiel totaling $1.7 million, this has never happened.
Investors in Varyon need to be aware that in order for this investment to pay off in any way at all, it is essential that an actual real-world seastead is built and deployed on the ocean. Unfortunately, the track record of past attempts of doing this does not look very promising, but we certainly hope that this time will be different.

Growth potential
    Smart contract code has been audited by an independent third party. +1
    Rising sea-levels is a risk that is threatening inhabitants in places like French Polynesia. Raising awareness about this and proposing new solutions is something that will probably help boost public support in the host nations of seasteads, which is critical in order for the project to be brought to life. +3
    Lots of people are excited about this project and support the idea of creating floating islands with independent governance, and some of these people are also likely to invest and buy property on these islands. +2
    Because of the strong support for the project and the amount of media attention the project has received, it is likely that some people will contribute more out of ideological reasons rather than expecting a huge return on their investment. Those who are solely looking to maximize returns will likely look to other ICOs. +1
    The backers of the ICO and the team is strong and has extensive experience in the area of special economic zones, engineering, and seasteads. +3

Risks
    It remains somewhat unclear if the funds raised from the token sale will be used for the construction of an actual seastead, or if it will mainly go towards developing plans, blueprints, and research about the legal framework for “SeaZones.” The company should make it more clear that the funds raised will be spent to build a real-world seastead in French Polynesia. -2
    The white paper published on the Varyon website is just a draft and not a final version. Several important details are left out of the white paper, including information about the lock-up for the team’s tokens. -1
    The Seasteading Institute’s (separate from Blue Frontiers, which is issuing this token) past record in putting their ideas to life is questionable, although the team argues that as a think-tank, construction of real-world seasteads has never been their objective -1

Disposition
In conclusion, we admit that we feel excited about the possibility of building real-world seasteads, and we certainly hope that Blue Frontiers will succeed so that this becomes a reality one day.
The main question about this ICO is if the company will succeed in putting a real-world floating island on the sea off the coast of French Polynesia. There is really no way of knowing this with certainty, and since the long-term value of the Varyon token would entirely depend on this, it should be clear to everyone that this is a very risky investment.
However, you may choose to view this as more of an idealistic fundraising for a cause you believe in. If you are exited about the idea of floating islands and want to help make it a reality, then Varyon is by all means a great way to contribute! The team is strong and they are probably the most experienced people in the world working on seasteading projects for the time being.
Overall, we arrive at a score of 6 out of 10 for the Varyon ICO.

Proof: https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-varyon/

This is very good result.

Nicely summed up,and objectively i think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: