Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ADT Androids Tokens repair thread ( new client UPDATE NOW )  (Read 46463 times)
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:42:43 PM

Why do you think, even if you fix this noobish coin, people gonna trust it?
You haven't done any progress in more than 1 MONTH.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:42:53 PM

1500 bucks is 1500 bucks. He should fix this again to get it going , then we move the coins to the new version.

Yes, i agree Zack keep 0.5 -2% of the new premine back in a wallet for future fixes. It can be stored in a wallet where we can see the coins just used for the good of the coin if you wish, but there needs to be funds available for fixing any coin. Nobody ever donates coins so premine is the only way.

Premine is essential to welfare of coins where the person does not know himself how to code these coins.

Whatever we do let's get on it quickly because ADT needs to get relisted asap because it was going strong until this happened again. I am very disappointed that mullick has just vanished after taking 500M of the coins and not given better support.

This is not funny at all.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:44:36 PM

You are the noob troll. Are you retarded enough to think anyone will listen to you over Zack???

You sold your coins moron after buying apparently 200Ltc worth of them??? why buy them in the first place. Of course we know you don't have 200 cents but just to humour you anyway.

Get out of this thread if you have nothing to add.

I trust this coin because it has had more attacks and more issues than most coins and every time they have fought back to repair it.  With a new coin design that is stable this team will go far.

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

You are the noob troll. Are you totally retarded enough to think anyone will listen to you over Zack???

You sold your coins moron after buying apparently 200Ltc worth of them??? why buy them in the first place. Of course we know you don't have 200 cents but just to humour you anyway.

Let's say that after I dumped this sh!tcoin I made more than 10BTC on DOGE?

This coin is going to fail, as it failed before.

Y'all believe this zack guy is giving a sh!t. He's just waiting the price go up so he dumps in your faces

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:53:37 PM

You are the noob troll. Are you totally retarded enough to think anyone will listen to you over Zack???

Y'all believe this zack guy is giving a sh!t. He's just waiting the price go up so he dumps in your faces

He could have dumped at any point before this, it has been fixed and broken many times. It is this that causes me to believe in it more than most untested coins.

It has not failed, it bounces back with more strength each time

You dumped and don't want to be crying when it bounces back way more than before.

I saw you constantly asking for repair last time, you were not smart to bail out of this coin. I have watched this team fight against a lot of problems. They fucked up and based it upon a fragile design, however when it is swapped over to a stronger base this team will be focusing on other things and it will rise way higher than before.

You made 10 BTC on doge, so did anyone that mined it. Good for you, there is no need to talk shit about other coins.

This is a repair plan thread, you are trolling it with useless bullshit. You have been here 2 mins and think you can predict anything in crypto.

The fact btc38 were going to add this before tells me that when it is fixed and has a much better technical design it will fly.  Zack is  not technical but he know how to get things done.

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:02:50 PM

if i was going to do that wouldn't i would have done it along time ago ?

can we please keep this on topic if you want to post accusations like that please do that in the scam accusation sub forum Smiley

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 05:26:43 PM

He could have dumped at any point before this, it has been fixed and broken many times. It is this that causes me to believe in it more than most untested coins.

It has not failed, it bounces back with more strength each time

You dumped and don't want to be crying when it bounces back way more than before.

I saw you constantly asking for repair last time, you were not smart to bail out of this coin. I have watched this team fight against a lot of problems. They fucked up and based it upon a fragile design, however when it is swapped over to a stronger base this team will be focusing on other things and it will rise way higher than before.

You made 10 BTC on doge, so did anyone that mined it. Good for you, there is no need to talk shit about other coins.

This is a repair plan thread, you are trolling it with useless bullshit. You have been here 2 mins and think you can predict anything in crypto.

The fact btc38 were going to add this before tells me that when it is fixed and has a much better technical design it will fly.  Zack is  not technical but he know how to get things done.

About ADT and BTC38. The picture you sheep saw, was photoshopped.
Someone smart enough played all of you

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:30:18 PM

thanks for reminding me to say the complete history of the issues

it was cloned from starcoin by shakezulla as we all now know starcoin had major floors in the code  

here is the history of issues

1. 30 days in we had a stuck block fixed within 24h

2. the we had the rollbacks ( POS was fighting POW and causing it ) the fix was to get a cheek pointing server

3. then the we had another stuck block but due to the delay in not being able to contact mullick we couldn't roll the coin back to fix the block as cryptsy would lose thousands of usd in coins

4. slow POS to fix checkpoint server was turned off

5. client de sync issue causing POS to stop

( there are other minor issues but they are the main ones )

the new chain will eliminate all those issues  

if its at all possible it will be good to get the old chain up even if its just for a few days just to help with the swap over of coins

if we can get the old chain up it will be as simple as sending old coins to an address and receiving the same amount of the new coins

( if possible it will be coins sent to the genesis block with a tx message of the address the new coins are to be sent to then all coins will be manually sent out )    
please don't send coins there yet

if that is not possible i will have to manually verify and send out to every user so i will be doing my best to avoid that  

coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:53:38 PM

Just run the plan as quickly as you can  I have ignored trolls like kayzer you should do the  same and even report him if needs to be.
Lets focus on the repair job and go full steam ahead as you can see you have full support from us and we can see beyond these difficulties and trust the coin. The wiser users can see the potential so come on pick a good coder and get it done.

Cheers
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:32:26 AM

Just run the plan as quickly as you can  I have ignored trolls like kayzer you should do the  same and even report him if needs to be.
Lets focus on the repair job and go full steam ahead as you can see you have full support from us and we can see beyond these difficulties and trust the coin. The wiser users can see the potential so come on pick a good coder and get it done.

Cheers

I have 2 big hold ups right now

1. I have messaged every good coder that I know of and all coders that have been suggested via pms I have had 0 replies

2. I have had no reply from cryptsy ( I need to know if there willing to facilitate this change over if they reject it there is no way it can go ahead as over half the coins are on there exchange )

i will keep on trying i am about to send out more messages to more people offering more money hopefully that gets a reply

zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:12:52 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 01:24:29 AM by zackclark70

@ZackI, ts probably because of the new year holidays and most of the people are away  Smiley I am not much of a coder but would you PM me the details, I will forward it to more people...

its mainly the case of finding a coder that has made POW/POS coins in the past once I am in contact I can discuss what can and cant be done and go from there Smiley

for someone that knows what they are doing it should only take a few h and they can earn good money from doing it Smiley

thanks for the help

zack

elrapido80

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:48:14 AM

The suggestion to stick with the existing amount of coins sounds good, and an inflation percentage between 0.5 - 2.5% per year sounds fine too.

Good luck Zack!
glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:01:48 AM

About ADT and BTC38. The picture you sheep saw, was photoshopped.
Someone smart enough played all of you

Not true.  I saw that message directly on the site when depositing coins.  They were going to add QRK and ADT, but realized that when they added WDC the price went up 4x before they went live with it, and their customers had to overpay to get any coins, so to prevent that happening again they will no longer announce coins before adding them.
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

Zack -

I want to get involved more directly in helping you find a coder and in order to do that I need to know more details about specifics of the task.

First of all, exactly what and where are the source code files that needs to be examined / modified and what language are they written in?  Could these be placed in a publicly accessible area like dropbox so prospective coders could examine them, or are there proprietary info in these files even tho they are "broken"? 

Second, please draft a good a task description that we can circulate and post it here that is the "want ad" for a programmer, describing in as much specific detail as possible what needs to be done and what payment we are talking about budgeting. 

Hang in there!

coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:49:26 AM

I am looking for a coder too.
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:11:21 AM

Zack -

I want to get involved more directly in helping you find a coder and in order to do that I need to know more details about specifics of the task.

First of all, exactly what and where are the source code files that needs to be examined / modified and what language are they written in?  Could these be placed in a publicly accessible area like dropbox so prospective coders could examine them, or are there proprietary info in these files even tho they are "broken"? 

Second, please draft a good a task description that we can circulate and post it here that is the "want ad" for a programmer, describing in as much specific detail as possible what needs to be done and what payment we are talking about budgeting. 

Hang in there!

here is the ADT source code > https://github.com/elrapido80/AndroidsTokens

the thing is its not just looking for a coder that knows x language as they will have no idea about how a POW/POS coin works and what to change

i have found people that know the coding languages needed but they have no clue about how to do what's needed

the new coin  just needs to be a clone of a well coded coin then modified to make it have the parameters that are needed for the new ADT

( i don't want to use one of the bad clone coin makers as that's just asking for future trouble )

now the temp fixing of the old block Chain will need to be done by someone that knows POW/POS coins well if 1 thing is done wrong and they unstick POW the last 20,000 blocks will be lost and all transactions in those blocks will also be lost causing cryptsy to lose a lot of money and delist ADT permanently

i have found loads of people that know the coding languages needed but they have no clue about how to do what's needed  

sorry going to have to gut this message short as someone is ringing me

rickyjames

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:00:11 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 01:48:39 PM by rickyjames

OK, Zack, I've got a specific idea and I've got a general idea.

The targeted idea I've got is go to this guy I read about a month ago at WSJ in his vanity press release:

http://online.wsj.com/article/HUG1746545.html

Christopher Franko is a totally solo operation that has had his fun and time in the spotlight over the past month.  His coin FRANCO is now on a straight downward slope and is currently in 44th place at with a market cap of under $200K at coinmarketcap.  He definitely has the chops and maybe with his coin on the downswing he's got the motivation.  He is the main poster on this forum:

http://forum.frankos.org/index.php#c1

Here's his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/chrisfranko?hc_location=stream

I "think" this is his twitter stream - if so, he's a rather, er,  jolly guy...:

https://twitter.com/chrisjfranko

He posts on Fethercoin, so he is willing to have dealings with other altcoins - plus he seems a little bit of an outsider there, not somebody neck-deep in a dev project...

http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=5805.30

Here's other contact points:

Community Forum: http://forum.frankos.org
Community Chatroom: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Franko
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Franko
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Frankosorg
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FrankoCurrency

So, Zack, you willing to take the lead on contacting Chris by logging onto one of his haunts and sending him a message there?

Another specific target would be Mark Friedenbach of friecoin fame:

http://osrc.dfm.io/maaku

https://twitter.com/MarkFriedenbach

Not sure but I think his CA phone number is 408-984-1642

Other specific second tier coin developers:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/whos-who-in-bitcoin-zerocoin-hero-matthew-green

Here's matthew green's twitter:  https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/401797786347114496

He's a college professor, maybe he could assign a grad student to fix ADT as a thesis project!

http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/

https://github.com/gronager (this guy did libcoin : https://github.com/libcoin/libcoin )

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/whos-who-in-bitcoin-altcoin-advocate-dennison-bertram

OK, for my general idea I am in brainstorming mode here, so if this sounds nuts feel free to say so.  If contacting Chris Franko at the forum above doesn't get up progress, I propose we draft a post saying we are looking for a coder with PoW/blockchain coding experience (or whatever the correct buzzwords for the experience is) in the style of a forum post.  Then we start going down the list at coinmarketcap.com and try to find that coin's discussion forum tech area and post it there.   I think we can skip Bitcoin and Litecoin since they are so big they will just laugh.  I got into cryptocoins just 30 days ago with Quark and I can tell you those devs are deep undercover, it's some knid of of Russian hacker operation (seriously) so forget them.  I say we carpet bomb the rest on the coinmarketcap list because we only need one response and there is no way of knowing in advance where it will come from.

Comments, anybody?
zackclark70 (OP)
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

OK, Zack, I've got a specific idea and I've got a general idea.

The targeted idea I've got is go to this guy I read about a month ago at WSJ in his vanity press release:

http://online.wsj.com/article/HUG1746545.html

Christopher Franko is a totally solo operation that has had his fun and time in the spotlight over the past month.  His coin FRANCO is now on a straight downward slope and is currently in 44th place at with a market cap of under $200K at coinmarketcap.  He definitely has the chops and maybe with his coin on the downswing he's got the motivation.  He is the main poster on this forum:

http://forum.frankos.org/index.php#c1

Here's his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/chrisfranko?hc_location=stream

He posts on Fethercoin, so he is willing to have dealings with other altcoins - plus he seems a little bit of an outsider there, not somebody neck-deep in a dev project...

http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=5805.30

So, Zack, you willing to take the lead on contacting this guy by logging onto one of his haunts and sending him a message there?

OK, for my general idea I am in brainstorming mode here, so if this sounds nuts feel free to say so.  If contacting Chris Franko at the forum above doesn't get up progress, I propose we draft a post saying we are looking for a coder with PoW/blockchain coding experience (or whatever the correct buzzwords for the experience is) in the style of a forum post.  Then we start going down the list at coinmarketcap.com and try to find that coin's discussion forum tech area and post it there.   I think we can skip Bitcoin and Litecoin since they are so big they will just laugh.  I got into cryptocoins just 30 days ago with Quark and I can tell you those devs are deep undercover, it's some knid of of Russian hacker operation (seriously) so forget them.  I say we carpet bomb the rest on the coinmarketcap list because we only need one response and there is no way of knowing in advance where it will come from.

Comments, anybody?

awesome Smiley will message him now Smiley

rickyjames

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

Zack, be sure to take another look at my long list of coder ideas, I've done a lot of editing and adding of other possibilities.  Hang in there.
rickyjames

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:00:44 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 09:03:14 PM by rickyjames

Just for the heck of it, I've gone thru the thread to this point and summarized who has contributed what and where they stand.   Pardon my lack of formatting.  For better or worse, this is the ADT recovery team.  Zack is quarterback and preparing to throw a Hail Mary pass at the endzone as the clock runs down.

jagrapolite5      ADT original founder - I am 100% behind Zack.
         the dev fund is still here and will go towards repairs, as always.
zackclark70      Owns 4,000M ADT and has a proposed recovery plan
mullick      Was paid 500M ADT ($1500) to fix problems and has jumped ship
rickyjames      Owns 423M ADT - I am behind Zack 101% for a viable plan to get ADT back on track.
KeyserSozeMC   Owns 400M ADT - Bitch bitch bitch
coinbloke      Owns 200M ADT - I am backing you Zack - no coins in pending transactions or wallets should be lost.
ehoffman      Owns 20M ADT
         Until we have any incentive to mine again, the sync will not come back
         Why burn electricity at mining just to generate blocks?
         3 bad ideas here
         Have preset max num of 'PoW' coins / then remove the need to mine
          PoS concept is bad for the coin economy encourages people to hoard
         30 seconds blocks kills anybody wanting to solo-mine
         I think the MINIMUM should target 2.5 minutes
opticalcarrier   Owns 8M ADT on Cryptsy
Winky         I am a owner of ADT too, and i think this is a good plan
eureka      Thank your hard work for ADT.
pgbit         Thumbs up for a fix
wEEcoIn      Zack, Just run the plan you have full support of the ADT community
elrapido80      Good luck Zack!
digitalfog      Zack should be compensated via a premine allocation
PTseller      My wallet stuck at 8 December sync date
zeeyoon      Concerns about loss of ADT in wallet
cryptohunter   Do not reduce current ADT holders worth who have mined/bought ADT
kelsey           what it needs is pennies type pos
gxp3848      Concerned listing on btc38 will kill ADT
glongsword      bct38  will no longer announce coins before adding them
yanxuch      posted link to http://www.btcltc.com/home/index/adt_cny
saamxx      Zack and its one day users army arrived from the hell?
Scooby903      Has reservations about proposed recovery plan
tokyoghetto   Increase the PoS% to something tangible like 5 percent
                       Make ADT PoW again so we can GPU mine it again
                       Lower total amount of coins to < IFC so we can go to the moon
                       Avoid increasing the amount of coins so we don't end up like CENT
                       Lastly, don't fuck this up
wtman      You need to work harder
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: