Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes more in the end? A good trader or a holder? Thoughts?  (Read 1795 times)
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:22:17 PM

A good trader can earn more than a holder. Holding takes months to get profit from a coin but a good trader can earn 100x to 500x profit in a single day only. Never under estimate a professional trader. Its not easy to trade but they spent hours analyzing graphs and market prices to prevent loses.
khoatg11

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:27:17 AM

In short tern, Trader can have more profit than Holder. But in the end, the trader's money (90%) is returned to the market for a variety of reasons. In the long term, the majority of Holders make more profit.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:52:52 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.
A trader or a holder , who earned a lot and takes more .
I think a good trader makes more income at the end. Because he/she knows when to sell and when to buy. And when your holding for a long time. You don't know what will be the value of the crypto when you hold it for a long time.

cryptomoon1003

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:02:35 AM

trader makes more than a holder in terms of money, but holder has a peace of mind at the end of the day...
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:04:53 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.

I think it's hard to conclude the best of both, because it all depends on the analytical ability of each individual. It's true, traders can get more because every time trying to collect it, but the risk of losing it all is also very high. Holders just sit back and wait depending on market conditions and require longer to get results. So, to do both and get the maximum result required the selection of the right coin.
iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:10:25 AM

A skilled trader can outperform a buy and hold strategy but the operative word is skilled. Almost everyone trading would probably do better if they simply hodled. There is a lot of existing research on this from the performance of traders trading traditional investment markets. Blackbox programs come first, professional traders come second, buy and hold comes third and amatuers trading their own account come last.

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:13:40 AM

scalping and learning some lessons in technical analysis. take a while, 1 year or even more you have to spend to learn the analysis ,, I have more than 2 years studying the trade analysis ,, but I still do not understand many things
If two years then we will not understand good way of trading then its mostly wasting time to learn.
But not all people have the same target and the same mind to remember the lesson. And also i think you dont focus on trading learning so your mind is deviding and not many of trading lesson you can remember
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:24:09 AM

If your are very good in doing something you definitely win and get more, so if you know that your good at trading this is the best thing to earn more in short period of time. Trading is very tricky activity  so need more experience to handle it better, like knowing different strategies in terms of market. But if you don’t have the trader skills better to play safe just be a holder, and be patient to wait.
ifanxu

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

Normally, holders will receive even greater gains, provided that they have a good coin and strictly adhere to the target and sell it immediately after reaching the target price.
Frequent trading requires a lot of energy and often makes mistakes.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:41:07 AM

I think the traders will get more profit if you are good in trading, when the bull market occur you can easily make 5- 10% a day, and you can multiply your capital in a short time, in trading we are depend on ourselves to make profit, so the more you learn the better knowledge you have to make profit, and the you can even look for opportunities to make profit when the market is bad so in trading the earning is limitless

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:45:40 AM

The holders definitely win more at the end but waiting for jobs and this is a very difficult job
The right ones are winning at the right time.

Everyone will be a winner as long as you make profit you can consider yourself as a winner. Trading is not easy so those who make good money on that are the wise trader. Holders may need a little more time to make higher profit but at least you sure about it especially when you are holding great coins.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:46:31 AM

Really, its a person who does both.

As you start to get more experienced in trading, you should be not only diversifying your assets, but also the way you trade.
I started out being a straight up holder, then put all my time and money into icos, then to day trading.

Now, I realize that the maximum profit I get is when I do a combination of all of these.

So I took a hard look at my portfolio, calculated the percent profit I got with each type of trading and adjusted my time accordingly.

what I came up with was 40% of my portfolio is for holding, 40% is used to invest and reinvest into icos, and the last 20% I use for day trading.

When the timing and opportunity is right, I adjust.
For example, the last couple months I found myself holding more as the market slumped.
During bull runs, I invest a lot more into day trading where 500 to 1k usd can be made a day.

But even after I adjust, I always go back to my formula that I developed for myself and I feel it works well for me.

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:50:29 AM

obviously a good trader will make more than a holder in the end.Lets get a scenario of having a 1btc(current price being say $1000) for both of them and give them a year for the trader to trade and the holdler to hold.Over the cause of the 1 year,the trader ccamn amke alot of profit from using the 1 btc to trade and by the time bitcoin gets to say 5000 by the end of the year he would have made over 10k in profits trading with the 1k bitcoin but the holder would only have 5k by that the end of the year.

M00nlander

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:56:14 AM

There's a huge difference between a 'good trader' and a trader- an average trader will lose more money than they would have gained through holding.

However a good trader can certainly make a lot more than the average holder.

So, it depends on your skills!
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:44:29 AM

if the trader is really good, than the trader makes more money. the prices fluctuate very much and therefore you can clearly profit more. But if you are not good at trading (like me) you should just keep your coins / tokens so as not to lose money through trading.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:47:19 AM

For me the trader. Because trader take daily profit thats why he always make more at the end while holder they take a month to get profit
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:13:49 AM

Depending on what you are trading or what you are holding. If you see a potential profit and risk of loss, then hold it is best to do. This strategy can give unexpected results with a small risk of loss.
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:15:28 AM

Traders are always buying and selling in continuously so they only make more but most of the peoples are afraid in trading investment so it is little risky process that point of view holders are earning more. I am personally suggest holding because it is reduce the risk and completely safe our investment. But most of the traders big shot so they are all take risk.

Gogochen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:23:58 AM

The people who make the most money in the cryptocurrency market are always the ones who hold it for a long time.
There is no doubt about it.

jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

I think that a good holder makes more in the end. to play safe and to play good in this crypto world, you must be patient enough. Once the price starts rising, you must make a move.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: