Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes more in the end? A good trader or a holder? Thoughts?  (Read 1795 times)
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:08:34 AM

To me, I believe a good holder makes much than a good trader. When trade a toke  now, probably you can get 50% profit but when
 you hodl the token for a certain period, you could get times two of the profit you actually sold it.
But even it's a good token you've  hold, there are still a possibility of having a loss and you only have a limited option and that is "hold". So it means, you don't have anything to do to make the value up. While a good trader has a good analytic strategy which can able to manipulate the value of  specific token, so it mean the possibility of having a good income is more high than holding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:10:46 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.
A trader or a holder , who earned a lot and takes more .
In my opinion both have a good and bad side. As long as you are a good trader and a good holder, you can make every profit. For me, you need to balance the two abilities for you to become successful. Well, it is a safe choice. for me both.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:13:14 AM

I guess if your a good trader and you have a lot of professional trading skills you will earn more but on the other hand if you are a long time holder am talking about 2yrs 3yrs then you will make a whole lot more than the investors them self's..... So I believe both just depends on your patients and professionalism.
In trading or to be a good trader, the knowledge is still continue to grow because you need to learn or study a lot of things specially the newly created tokens. Also you need to see some specific coins that  you target in to know it's value and possible price hike. While in holding, the best thing you do is to control yourself and wait at the best time.
Arsaen

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:44:07 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.

Maybe we are now in doubt, because it seems the price is only a game of whales that eat new communities. I think the long term will indeed produce real profits, but if a situation like this doesn't end soon, then maybe no one else will believe in long-term investment.
d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:30:57 AM

Traders are winners here in the case of money but holders are winners as well because they save their nervs and other important elements of the body.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
hanxinvwang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:33:09 AM

I think that the best traders should learn to adapt, not to maintain the trading method, whether it is long-term holding or short-term trading, it should be judged from the actual situation!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
vbnc1121

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

Actually it depends on many factors. Business is very profitable but also risky. On the other hand for someone to hold it is safer but it takes a pretty long time to earn.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

It all depends on how good the trader is. And then recently all consider themselves traders from god  Grin, but it is not and not all know how to trade in a falling market. And this is the main thing - to be able to earn in the market in any conditions. Most of all , I think, earn holders, but as always, all depends on cryptoportfolio.

mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:26:45 AM

the holder will depend on how big the increase in the market is going. When this is promising and climb tall enough they will get a huge profit. but for traders certainly, have to prepare their best strategy is to always get the results though in bad market conditions though.

Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

I think it depends on what happens during the process.
If the trader is greedy than HODL, I make sure the trader will run out of money.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

I think that the best traders should learn to adapt, not to maintain the trading method, whether it is long-term holding or short-term trading, it should be judged from the actual situation!
I completely agree with your opinion, because we need to adapt to the market situation and the price of coins. There are coins that need to be sold - when growing, and then buying the same saum coin when the price has decreased. You also need to save some coins. It all depends on the situation.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

It is tough to come to a conclusion on this. Actually it depends on the situation. The success of a trader is tough to take and you need to bear much risk. On the other hand for a holder it is safer but takes a pretty long tome to earn.

I agree with you because Traders also need time to get profits and certainly have a loss in every trade.
HODLER also takes a long time to make money and requires extra patience.
maxman190

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:27:05 AM

I believe that the holder is not particularly at risk, he is just waiting for his moment , and the trader risks more and does more , because he does not sit and wait , he is looking for new coins and new investments.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:32:04 AM

Well, a good trader also buys and looks forward to something for the future! If he is a good trader, in fact the good trader, because he manages to make small profits in a short time and manages to be victorious at some time or another in investments! The good trader also makes investments besides a brief speculation! Now to be a holder, you do not need as much technical knowledge as a trader, just patience and try to understand your project. Wink
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:34:40 AM

For the one who makes money is depend on the knowledge of an investor if he is trading and doing good and can make a good profit. Then if the hodler can make a good and big profit the he is also the one. All of them makes in the end no one is ahead for me.
troiano9

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:38:43 AM

Since holding involves you holding it for years its yet to be seen.  So right now trading makes more.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:02:14 PM

Since holding involves you holding it for years its yet to be seen.  So right now trading makes more.

It also depends on the situation of the market, like example now the better choices is buy more and hold until the bull runs come. Trading is not easy you need to have a great skills if you don't have, big possibility that your capital will be lose.
hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:05:32 PM

I think if you want to achieve success and make a profit, then you need to learn the basics of trade, technical analysis, constantly evolve and learn. but I believe that we should be able to build on under different market conditions and use strategies based on them.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
keepandhold

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

And what prevents you from trading and the income earned to invest in cryptocurrency? Then you can earn much more than a regular holder.
Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:33:21 PM

Trading is too stressful for me. I rather HODL. So far it has been working for me. However, I do like to have some staking coins that give small rewards for holding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: