Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Cryptocurrency in Universities?  (Read 1776 times)
Lisam023

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 12:57:57 PM

Oh God, I cannot even imagine facial expressions of my parents if I would tell them I`m going to study cryptocurrency at univeristy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:40:11 PM

I agree. There definitely some courses regarding cryptocurrency. I see many online courses already but having them offline in Universities would be even better. But I see our education system is kind of slow. Whatever they teach is at least 3-4 years behind, and I would learn more about IT in real world experience. These kids should save their money, buy the dip, and setup a full node.

aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:44:52 PM

I agree. There definitely some courses regarding cryptocurrency. I see many online courses already but having them offline in Universities would be even better. But I see our education system is kind of slow. Whatever they teach is at least 3-4 years behind, and I would learn more about IT in real world experience. These kids should save their money, buy the dip, and setup a full node.

So true. When I took computer science, we were learning C++ when all the jobs were in Java. By the time the curriculum changed, all the jobs were in .NET.

By the time a professor incorporates crypto into the lectures, it's already obsolete.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:09:44 PM

I agree on this. In the future electronic money will  accounting for  dominance  . The use of e-money for business or online payments through the internet will be very popular. Now educating college students about electronic money   be essential to helping college students  approach  with electronic money early. It is very beneficial for students after they graduate.

neliawesome

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

Having a cryptocurrency lessons in universities is also a great idea, so that the students are aware of what is it and what benefit they can get if they will be part of it.Actually I heard lots of teachers/professor tackles in class about cryptocurrency and thats amusing because slowly by slowly students are getting even little ideas and might get their interest.Theres nothing wrong in spreading knowledge about cryptocurrency.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:31:57 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University?
Yes

Specially in the field of business management?
NO.
Aren't you already satisfied how many business have turned bitcoin into a commercial commodity ? It is suppose to change the way banking works and not change the way people double their monies.The Business management tards would need to take up an extra sem to understand the working of bitcoins so it is essential to teach the subject to the students enrolled in computer science or other engineering.

ill give us an advantage to this so called cryptoworld, right?
I don't know which college/course you study,I had Cryptography as a subject since my Pre-University days.
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:37:37 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University? Specially in the field of business management?

As a student, I believe it will give us an advantage to this so called cryptoworld, right?

I think yes. Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin as the leading and founding one should be taught in college students or possible in junior high. This will make students learn how to invest and earn money in a young age and know how to value money as well. But be cautious or else they might end up relying on it for their whole life once they earn pretty high.
Yzhel

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:51:03 PM

well, I would let that decision to those who are experts in the curriculum of the education system but for me it is fine since teenage or college students can already excel and knows what is good for them for their future.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:51:38 PM

I will be great to learn cryptocurrency as a course in schools because that will give the students a better founder on knowing all about crypto, how it works and way to maximize profits from cryptocurrency and it advantage to our financial life and how it help better the economy of any nation. So teaching cryptocurrency in the university is the best thing instead of teaching some entrepreneurial course that can never be practice in real life.
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:23:28 PM

In fact, I think it would be more correct to start education on these issues from an earlier stage, because children have shown sufficient capacity to be interested and involved in these issues.

However, it should be made clear that this field covers two issues that are clearly differentiated from one another: the purely technological sphere in which cryptocurrencies are circumscribed, and the economic-financial sphere to study their impact on the current economy and its contribution to the financial system of the world.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:34:39 PM

I believe some course modules in physics and computer science already treating harsh power and cryptography algorithm,which are cryptocurrency related. But crytpocurrency as a main subject can be thought in business schools or economic courses like banking and finance.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

The demands of the times that should include lessons about crypto in various schools, especially about economics. In this era of digital age, the application of technology to the economy becomes very important because everyone is switching digitally in many ways. The application of crypto science in schools will help the students to inflate this new technology in order to be more applicable to anything other than the economy.
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:05:35 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University? Specially in the field of business management?

As a student, I believe it will give us an advantage to this so called cryptoworld, right?
Yes. I believe that digital technologies and smart contracts should be studied in higher education institutions. The only question is where to find teachers for this.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Lucas Kronenberg

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:11:22 PM

The cryptocurrency market is still young to do this. Especially since the world does not need it. After all, cryptocurrency has not yet entered our lives to be studied in financial universities. But all this is certainly in the future. It seems to me that it is not even profitable for some States that young people develop in this direction.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:14:56 PM

Would be more better if they teach what blockchain is and how the technology works. If they get to learn about blockchain, they can easily get hold of the concepts of crypto currencies. But still, crypto currencies are in their infant stage, so what we study now might end up changing rapidly in the future.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:19:01 PM

You're absolutely right.
Moreover, I would say that cryptocurrencies should be taught not only as a financial instrument but also with some basic explanation of its technical structure (all those blocks, shards, nodes, etc.).
This would really help learners to become aware of the changes that our world is currently undergoing and the role of cryptocurrencies in this process.

bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 09:23:06 PM

Would be more better if they teach what blockchain is and how the technology works. If they get to learn about blockchain, they can easily get hold of the concepts of crypto currencies. But still, crypto currencies are in their infant stage, so what we study now might end up changing rapidly in the future.
Seems legit better if blockchain technology will be the one that will be added into technology courses or computer courses while cryptocurrency (trading) is good for business class. Blockchain technology and developing will be in demand for the next few years or it's actually in demand today so to those that are still thinking for their career path, they might choose it and enroll to that school that has that type of class.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:44:03 PM

I'm not sure this is going to be an easy subject to study. But it will certainly be interesting. The main thing is to create a methodology for teaching theory and practice.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:30:01 PM

I think that in the future, cryptocurrency technologies will be used to simplify and automate many educational processes. Therefore, this subject will be taught at universities.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:35:49 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University?
We are not in ancient times anymore so that's a yes.
Specially in the field of business management?
Is there any other subject that you think it belongs better or it should be a subject that is specialized and stand alone?
Every new knowledge that students gain it's an advantage to everyone and don't just give up your studies if you started to earn through it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: