Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:05:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most frustrating thing about crypto  (Read 4328 times)
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

I haven't experienced that long with idex but that's seriously frustrating.

A long time waiting for deposit and withdrawal is one of the reason why many are disappointed in trading but that doesn't mean that they are losing faith in crypto.
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:47:54 PM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...

If you are having problems with sending and receiving tokens from an exchange it might be caused by:

1. You sent the token with few gas. More gas will result to faster transaction (try using 41-60 gwei)
2. The exchange you are using is having some server issues or the network is full. Top Exchanges normally has fast deposit (11-15 block confirmation) and withdrawal rates.  

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
KofiAdepa

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:59:13 PM

Well the only frustrating thing is to incur loses after investing heavily in a coin and watch it decline it quiet disheartening. People should made to know how crypto runs to avoid any misfortunes.

●  ●  ●    Auditchain    ●  ●  ●
◄►  REAL-TIME ASSURANCE. ONE BLOCK AT A TIME  ◄►
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:29:50 PM

In my opinion, the most frustrating part in crypto is when you realized that you make a wrong decision with it. Just like when you are selling your crypto when the price starts to fall deeper, and realized you are very wrong when it rises drastically in the following weeks or months.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
bahnfire

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:36:46 PM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...

I think if you will use good and popular exchanges and also if you will use dex's with more gwei amounts you will never live such a things.
Surely like cryptopia or etc some low level exchanges you can live some problems but in kucoin idex binance forkdelta etc i never have any problem abour withdrawal.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:36:49 PM

Well you can move to another exchange which  doesn't do what keeps you frustrated. Thats not what frustrate me in  crypto, what does it that you keep the coins for  more than years and yet the price still  is  the same as what it use  to. You have been waiting for years and yet the price which you expect to be more than jsut a cent weren't happening still. its frustrating to see that you have poured out all your savings yet it hasn't grown while the token that you thought isn't going  to be progressive is moving  forward and is now worth more than $5.

Perhaps this is the most unpleasant thing in crypto, when your assets for which you pinned your hopes fall in price and as a result do not cost anything. Moreover, it is almost impossible to insure against such an outcome; what can really be done is to reduce the risks by diversifying funds.
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

Well you need to understand cryptocurrencies first and by saying that its about transactions time . By IDEX I mean Etherium gas you always need to check GWEI price and by increasing you will speed up transaction. Other exchanges are also taking time by confirming transactions which you not influence by paying more for transaction but keep an eye on that for future !!!!!!
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

I think the big deal is that you are having problems with crypto, but for me, the longest time to wait is 1 hour because at that time crypto transaction volume is high. And withdraw only takes 15 minutes. So try again, not say so because crypto is currently considered the fastest transaction processing speed.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:14:28 PM

I understand with disappointment that you experience a very long withdrawal and you can't do anything. many of the communities also experienced the same thing, but crypto has already been adopted by many institutions even by several countries. maybe you can replace the exchange that you normally use using other exchanges like bitrex for example and there are many more exchanges that have fast server speeds.
The most frustating thin in the crypto is about the volatilty and scammers. At least you can still try to re-broadcast your transaction. the transaction not depends on how fast the server of that exchange but that depends on the blockchain of the coin itself. i guess that you have known about that.
Even if I do not like scammers and I despise their actions, it was inevitable that scammers will find cryptocurrencies to be very attractive, if they steal fiat there are many ways in which the rightful owners of that fiat can get that money back, but when it comes to cryptocurrencies once that money leaves your wallet then it becomes impossible to recover it.
shinjo

Activity: 271

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:25:24 PM

Personally for me the most frustrating thing was such huge amount of scam and FUD. I thought it is somehow regulated..
mizamuneerashine

Activity: 364

jarvis.exchange

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:25:57 PM

The most frustrating thing of crypto are crypto exchanges that require a KYC for a very small transaction. Like I withdraw my  ALT from my wallet to exchange that I suppose to sell, unfortunately it was not sold at my asking price, to withdraw the ALT and deposit it back in my wallet I have to undergo a tedious process. So frustrating!

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:28:17 PM

Remember that in the end exchanges are centralized, that's why they are so ineffective, we are used to wallet to wallets transactions that last 30 minutes maximum, when we make some transaction in an exchange first they have to pass checks and that's why sometimes it can take so long.
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:48:27 PM

Remember that in the end exchanges are centralized, that's why they are so ineffective, we are used to wallet to wallets transactions that last 30 minutes maximum, when we make some transaction in an exchange first they have to pass checks and that's why sometimes it can take so long.
In any case, each user of a cryptocurrency feels more confident when transactions take place in a matter of seconds or minutes, so we want to receive our services much better. But apparently the technology is not yet ready for such a scale of work.
Starfranko

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:56:01 PM

Most frustrating thing about crypto is it's volatility. Prices of coins and tokens change with the drop of a Hart . Nothing is predictable within the ecosystem
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:01:47 PM

Maybe you put low gwei and gas fee in idex, that's why it took a long time to complete transactions! If you put high gwei then your transaction will complete very fastly. I had this issue once but I figured out and happy with idex. Cryptopia is the worst exchanger to me, the house of signal scammers! You may avoid this exchanger, Bibox, kucoin are far better than cryptopia, they took low fees with speedy transactions facility!

CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:26:46 PM

For most people, the worst thing that happens to cryptocurrencies is the collapse of prices. I agree that while that cryptocurrencies are not ready to mass conversion all the people.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:15:08 PM

Personally for me the most frustrating thing was such huge amount of scam and FUD. I thought it is somehow regulated..
If you are expecting this market to be regulated then you are in the wrong market, bitcoin was created to bypass regulations and any form of censorship that banks and governments could imagine, that is why it still exists if they governments had found a way to regulate or to kill bitcoin then they should have done it already, so even if they try to regulate it they are going to fail so unfortunately scams are going to be part of our everyday lives for a very long time.
said666
Copper Member

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:23:39 PM

Exchanges are most frustrating thing about crypto, and are arguably antithetical to what crypto was supposed to be about. They centralize an entity that was supposed to be trustless. They also stand as the easiest target for governments and hackers and banks to attack cryptocurrencies
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:25:53 PM

frustrating .......  Grin  the current course course is driving me crazy. up, down, up, down, red, then green and red again. and that already since february. my nerves are at the end. i will now wait and see what happens until march 2019. i will not buy coins any more in this crazy year
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

I think the most frustating thing about crypto is the price is falling down. It will make people panic . People always become so nervous if the price is collapse. They become lose their mind if this kind of situation happen.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: