Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:43:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most frustrating thing about crypto  (Read 4319 times)
gentsy brink

Activity: 169
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:35:01 AM

many people misperception with crypto. they assume that cryptocurrency investments will benefit quickly, so they give away all the wealth that they have to invest in crypto and not careful in managing it. actually, is not cryptocurrency that wrong, but people who wrong because they can't manage their crypto well.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:37:42 AM

For me the frustrating thing about crypto is when the market is getting red but more and more good news are coming out. As well as people dumping coins below ico or even more than half of the ico price just to convert their ico investment to ethereum and bitcoin.
yitai2020

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:43:45 AM

Exchanges are like this, and often require manual auditing, so naturally it takes a long time. However, many exchanges already have automatic withdrawals and deposits, which are very fast and can be resolved in minutes. And you don't have to worry about the issue of insufficient fees.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:12:57 AM

I think this has been a major issue but mostly this is due to low gas or gwei selection or the issue arises when the soecific exchange is having some issues, on the network side i know ethereum is rapidly developing and doing system and network upgrades to improve scalability and avoid network congestion.
Yes, I agree with you, but the fact remains - there are problems, and there are quite a lot of them. For me personally, the most terrifying factor is the volatility of the market and also the fact that the whales are so strongly affecting the cryptocurrency market.
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 04:25:33 AM

I think this has been a major issue but mostly this is due to low gas or gwei selection or the issue arises when the soecific exchange is having some issues, on the network side i know ethereum is rapidly developing and doing system and network upgrades to improve scalability and avoid network congestion.
Yes, I agree with you, but the fact remains - there are problems, and there are quite a lot of them. For me personally, the most terrifying factor is the volatility of the market and also the fact that the whales are so strongly affecting the cryptocurrency market.

o yes, price manipulation and uncertainty is the biggest frustration in crypto I think. Also negative news affect the price very badly. If a bad news come, suddenly the market drops. I personally feel that volatility should be very low in crypto world.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:32:13 AM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...
You should be more careful on where you put your money on. Never use exchanges that have bad review such as cryptopia. Use the good one: Binance, Bitfinex, Kucoin and you'll experience no problem.

The most frustrating one is exchange hacking I think. Crypto is already 10+ years old, there are more exchange and they are so sophisticated but exchange hacking keep happening anyway. I'm not sure why, I guess implementing a secure system is not an easy task, no? And don't tell me about decentralized exchange. It's basically unpleasant to use and they're not practially hack-proof either. EtherDelta, anyone?
BitNaija

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:44:17 AM

I think the crypto space is evolving and carrying so much challenges with it. There are improvements here and there but I see as the militating factor is actually it's focal objective, decentralization. When exchanges face these problems, instead of the team sticking together to resolve the problems, you see break ups. Next, a faction go ahead to develop a new exchange which may soon face another kind of problem.

There are new exchanges however, that are super fast but then not all coins are listed there.

s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

I think the most frustrating thing about cryptocurrency is the unexpected decreases of its prices in the worl trade market which gives them lots of stress, same to the investors in their company.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 09:04:39 PM

The most frustrating thing about crpto is market continues to slow down and keep falling around, That't the hardest thing happen in my entire life. I'm hoping that bitcoin dominance is still there.

emmaeducatorxx

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:15:24 PM

I really agree the crypto is not ready for masses that would end up so bad for the most. That is not something frustrating though.
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

I really agree the crypto is not ready for masses that would end up so bad for the most. That is not something frustrating though.

I think it's like stock, but at present stocks can not make you rich quick (or poor for a moment) like crypto. the thing I do not like most is that when I join the ICO and keep track of their official channels on twitter, a lot of fraudsters impersonate the group to rob our money.
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:15:54 PM

The most frustrating part about crpyto is they are going to increase and decrease as fast as they can. manipulation all over the market that makes me frustrated not only that there's alot of hackers that roaming around.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:29:31 AM

I think that the most frustrating thing in crypto is when you made mistakes like selling coins for a much lower price you had bought it.
Indeed that’s the most frustrating thing in crypto. I still regret the decision of selling my coins at low price than what I had bought them for. But I have learnt from my mistake and now in this bear market I am holding all my coins and haven’t sold a single penny because I know that after a hard dump, there is always a pump to new heights.

Anyways what’s done cannot be changed, but what we can do is never repeat the same mistake again. Patience is all we need in this market to succeed in long run.   
flymnb

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:14:43 PM

IDEX is not a very good exchange, and the price of coins is dumping. Not many people like to trade here.
SeanWayne

Activity: 94
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:59:57 PM

The most frustrating part of crypto is they are highly volatile- on that case there are positive and negative effect for that, Some whales will manipulate that even it's small or big depends on the market analogy. I hope you read alot of articles books regarding technical analysis and fundamentals.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

Feeling sorry for your issue. But it is not the most frustrating thing in the crypto. I think the most frustrating thing in the crypto is getting hack wallet, Exchange Hack, Good Project scams and so on. Like you invested and hodl  them for a long time to make good profits  but after few months you hodl coin price down 60 %, that is another frustrating thing in the crypto

For your issue, it happens for ethereum network slowdowns, Like now. Gwei fee went 125 yesterday! Such a bad things are happening. For this issue you have to follow eth gas station.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:15:05 PM

I thought that there was a problem with cryptopia as well, i withdrew funds but nothing appeared the next day. Then i realised that i needed to go to my emails and confirm the transaction. It actually does work, just need to do the 2FA unlike many other exchanges so this is a good thing

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:43:08 PM

And that is exchanges who are keeping coins/tokens hostile for a long period of time. When I deposit or withdrawal from an exchange often times it just keeps it in pending status. Now I'm waiting for an idex deposit, 4 hours passed. My worst case was a withdrawal at cryptopia which took 30 days.

Crypto is not ready to be adopted by the masses. Lots of suicides would be the result...

That is definitely frustrating. Especially if you needed to make a quick trade. That is one of the major hurdles that crypto has to overcome in order to have a better mass adoption.
dobol

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 11:11:49 PM

The most frustrating part about crpyto is they are going to increase and decrease as fast as they can. manipulation all over the market that makes me frustrated not only that there's alot of hackers that roaming around.
this is the most frustrating thing too, manipulation will make everything look bad, because it will also affect our thinking and view

Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:16:40 PM

I have found myself in such situation and it was so worrisome. I used an exchange sometimes ago, where i waited till the next day, before the withdrawal was executed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: