Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
SuperShill

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 05:40:08 PM

Venus proximity to the sun is not why it's so hot. Venus is hotter than Mercury which is closer to the sun

Venus is in the life giving zone! Lol no matter how you phrase it I trust Neil Defrasse Tyson over you lol

Huh

Life giving zone?  WTF?

Mercury, like our Moon, immediately radiates it's heat away as it rotates.  One side hot, the other cold.  

Any atmosphere or water/ice system retains and moderates temperature.

The clouds on Venus retain heat.

None of this has any relation to a "runaway greenhouse effect."  Attributing these phenomena to such a buzzword phrase is ignorance of the meaning of the terms, at best.  At worst, it's bastardization of science for political purposes.

"Life giving zone" - the zone of proximity around a star in which liquid water could hypothetically be maintained by a suitable planet

This a correct term many people use to describe this particular space around a star

I'm baffled by how anyone would think that the native temperatures of Venus, with or without a greenhouse effect, would support liquid water.

Because of its proximity to our sun and the fact that at its core it is by fact "a rocky planet", then  It "hypothetically" (as in under the right atmospheric conditions, which may or may not have ever existed because this is hypothetical) could have contained water at some point that boiled away.

The gas that is in its atmosphere got there on this rocky planet somehow. It was not just floating through space, it came from with in the planet.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:31:07 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 09:34:16 PM by Spendulus

Venus proximity to the sun is not why it's so hot. Venus is hotter than Mercury which is closer to the sun

Venus is in the life giving zone! Lol no matter how you phrase it I trust Neil Defrasse Tyson over you lol

Huh

Life giving zone?  WTF?

Mercury, like our Moon, immediately radiates it's heat away as it rotates.  One side hot, the other cold.  

Any atmosphere or water/ice system retains and moderates temperature.

The clouds on Venus retain heat.

None of this has any relation to a "runaway greenhouse effect."  Attributing these phenomena to such a buzzword phrase is ignorance of the meaning of the terms, at best.  At worst, it's bastardization of science for political purposes.

"Life giving zone" - the zone of proximity around a star in which liquid water could hypothetically be maintained by a suitable planet

This a correct term many people use to describe this particular space around a star

I'm baffled by how anyone would think that the native temperatures of Venus, with or without a greenhouse effect, would support liquid water.

Because of its proximity to our sun and the fact that at its core it is by fact "a rocky planet", then  It "hypothetically" (as in under the right atmospheric conditions, which may or may not have ever existed because this is hypothetical) could have contained water at some point that boiled away.

The gas that is in its atmosphere got there on this rocky planet somehow. It was not just floating through space, it came from with in the planet.

Well, that's a whole bunch of hyptheticals you got there.

But I'll grant that say, a comet passing through the orbit of Venus does not immediately lose all of it's volatile elements to the intense solar radiation.  However, I illustrated that with reasonable numbers for radiant energy inflow and outflow, all the water on Earth would be vapor in half a million years without any need for "runaway greenhouse" crackpot theories.

Gravity doesn't care whether matter is solid, liquid or gas.  It's an equal oportunity crusher.  Why don't you go to the 3d imaging from the polar orbiting satellite, check the maps of the surface, and see if there are any canyons or ravines.  These prove the past existence of water on Earth and Mars and would be similar evidence for Venus.  Conversely in the absence of any such thing there is no such evidence for past liquid water.

Of course, we'd need to check for the possible presence in the planet's make up of other elements that could create rivers and canyons.  Sulfur comes to mind as being liquid at temps higher than water's boiling point. 

All of this background is pretty much necessary before claims about "runaway greenhouse effect" on Venus, isn't it?  The very existence of the "runaway Greenhouse effect" with it's positive feedback is what Warmer religion is based on.  They have to convince you that we could have such a thing on Earth. 

What better way than to repeat over and over the evidence of it having destroyed our sister planet?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:31:54 PM

Guys on a side note, this has been a very entertaining thread and I would sincerely like to watch some of these documentaries about a global takeover you are discussing. Furthermore I really wish we could somehow send this entire thread to some of the supposed hacks you are calling out (Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan) and see a video of them reading our chat and defending themselves. I know it won't happen but whatever side of the climate change argument you are on, I think you can agree that would be a very interesting video! Have any of them ever done an Reddit Ama?

I'm an anthropologist not a astro-physicist. But they are suppose to be the best and I just would love to hear their response to accusations of their terminology being wrong. For now I trust them, sincerely sorry tho if I am in fact a sheep for that. But I don't think I am.

Thanks for a fun read guys

All the best,

The Shiller

As an anthropologist you might find the following interesting.  It was directed in part by a budding young propagandist working for the oligarchy who's name you might recognize as our current 'science and technology czar' under Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Em9A_Alck

The propaganda techniques used in this film are interesting.  Particularly to me as someone nearing 50 who 'was there' or at least starting to be.  The current crop of active 'scientists' contain a cohort of a similar and somewhat older age as me and will be in the most powerful part of their careers (including Dr. Holdren.)

This is a re-introduction so the 'golden girl' footage would be from the early 90's.  As such, it demonstrates the advancement in the science of propaganda which is also interesting.

I find the film to be especially interesting because it touches briefly on the topic of 'global warming', but in a prototype form which was to simplistic to fly as a fraud.  At least back in those days...it might work now as we move further toward full blown common-core idiocracy.  Adjustments to the hoax involving CO2 were to follow in the succeeding decades.

From around the same time or prior, and by the same group of people:

In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:36:42 PM

Guys on a side note, this has been a very entertaining thread and I would sincerely like to watch some of these documentaries about a global takeover you are discussing. Furthermore I really wish we could somehow send this entire thread to some of the supposed hacks you are calling out (Bill Nye, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan) and see a video of them reading our chat and defending themselves. I know it won't happen but whatever side of the climate change argument you are on, I think you can agree that would be a very interesting video! Have any of them ever done an Reddit Ama?

I'm an anthropologist not a astro-physicist. But they are suppose to be the best and I just would love to hear their response to accusations of their terminology being wrong. For now I trust them, sincerely sorry tho if I am in fact a sheep for that. But I don't think I am.

Thanks for a fun read guys

All the best,

The Shiller

As an anthropologist you might find the following interesting.  It was directed in part by a budding young propagandist working for the oligarchy who's name you might recognize as our current 'science and technology czar' under Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Em9A_Alck

The propaganda techniques used in this film are interesting.  Particularly to me as someone nearing 50 who 'was there' or at least starting to be.  The current crop of active 'scientists' contain a cohort of a similar and somewhat older age as me and will be in the most powerful part of their careers (including Dr. Holdren.)

This is a re-introduction so the 'golden girl' footage would be from the early 90's.  As such, it demonstrates the advancement in the science of propaganda which is also interesting.

I find the film to be especially interesting because it touches briefly on the topic of 'global warming', but in a prototype form which was to simplistic to fly as a fraud.  At least back in those days...it might work now as we move further toward full blown common-core idiocracy.  Adjustments to the hoax involving CO2 were to follow in the succeeding decades.

From around the same time or prior, and by the same group of people:

In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming

Quite a few budding propagandists there, including Maurice Strong.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:56:33 PM

1,260,000,000,000,000,000,000 liters of water on Earth.
1.26 x 10^20

The size of the Earth's side presented to the Sun.
 3.5 x 10^10 square meters

A guess as to how much additional energy would reach the Earth's surface if incoming solar energy were doubled.
3 x 10^2 watts (watt is a joule per second)

A million years is 3.2 x 10 ^13 seconds

How many watts over a million years?
9.6 x 10^15 watts per square meter

How many additional watts on the Earth then?

3.4 x 10 ^26 watts

Assume water starts at a temperature of 25C.  How many watts to boil a liter?
313 kilojoule = 3.1 x 10 ^ 5 joule

Energy to boil all the Earth's water off.
1.26 x 10^20 * 3.1 x 10^5 = 1.26 x 10^26

Therefore, from a starting point with water at 25C, about a half a million years would have been required to boil off all the Earth's water.
You might want to check your facts.
Some values are way off. Like, orders of magnitude.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:05:42 PM

I was just thinking...I'll bet that these guys even back in the 1970's knew all about solar cycles and knew damn good and well that the next phase would be one of warming.  If it were to be a cooling phase such as Dr. Z speaks of, they would have used 'global cooling' and cooked up some crock of shit about air pollution (and, of course, about how we masses need to give them money, power, and control to save us from that emergency.)

I say this because I've heard that 'the elite' have been aware of and fixated on the role of gut flora for about 100 years even while the subject is deprecated in the curricula of the medical institutions which they control.  I've no idea if this is true or not, but in my 6th sense it 'feels' like one of those 'conspiracy theories' which I've run across that proves highly valid in the end.  Generally speaking I have no trouble with the hypothesis that:

1) The 'elite' have access to much more advanced science than other groups and the regularly leverage it in their activities, and

2) That they maintain 'control' of this advantage by doing their best to have that the knowledge not 'escape into the wild.'

3) Sponsoring and thus controlling institutes of learning is one of the most effective of ways to achieve both of these goals.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 11:03:52 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 11:33:13 PM by hdbuck

I was just thinking...I'll bet that these guys even back in the 1970's knew all about solar cycles and knew damn good and well that the next phase would be one of warming.  If it were to be a cooling phase such as Dr. Z speaks of, they would have used 'global cooling' and cooked up some crock of shit about air pollution (and, of course, about how we masses need to give them money, power, and control to save us from that emergency.)

I say this because I've heard that 'the elite' have been aware of and fixated on the role of gut flora for about 100 years even while the subject is deprecated in the curricula of the medical institutions which they control.  I've no idea if this is true or not, but in my 6th sense it 'feels' like one of those 'conspiracy theories' which I've run across that proves highly valid in the end.  Generally speaking I have no trouble with the hypothesis that:

1) The 'elite' have access to much more advanced science than other groups and the regularly leverage it in their activities, and

2) That they maintain 'control' of this advantage by doing their best to have that the knowledge not 'escape into the wild.'

3) Sponsoring and thus controlling institutes of learning is one of the most effective of ways to achieve both of these goals.

i'd go even further implying the elite does conduct geo ingeneering experiences altering the climate to fit their agenda.

it is whispered around that the 'deep state' is about 20 to 30 years in advance, as we humble mortals get the post sterilized consumable crumbs.

also haven't ruled totally out the possibility of bitcoin being kinda social engineered 'reset' plan.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 11:24:49 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 11:44:45 PM by tvbcof

I was just thinking...I'll bet that these guys even back in the 1970's knew all about solar cycles and knew damn good and well that the next phase would be one of warming.  If it were to be a cooling phase such as Dr. Z speaks of, they would have used 'global cooling' and cooked up some crock of shit about air pollution (and, of course, about how we masses need to give them money, power, and control to save us from that emergency.)

I say this because I've heard that 'the elite' have been aware of and fixated on the role of gut flora for about 100 years even while the subject is deprecated in the curricula of the medical institutions which they control.  I've no idea if this is true or not, but in my 6th sense it 'feels' like one of those 'conspiracy theories' which I've run across that proves highly valid in the end.  Generally speaking I have no trouble with the hypothesis that:

i'd go even further implying the elite does conduct geo ingeneering experiences altering the climate to fit their agenda.

it is whispered around that the 'deep state' is about 20 to 30 years in advance, as we humble mortals get the post sterilized consumable crumbs (pokemon go?!)

This is pretty creepy (if not a hoax.)

also haven't ruled totally out the possibility of bitcoin being kinda social engineered 'reset' plan.

Nor have I, and it is something I've thought about from day one.  Ultimately I think it unlikely because Bitcoin's design, being nearly identical to precious metals, makes it entirely unsatisfactory for the plebs.  If anything it (or similar) might be something the elite use among themselves, and a years-long proof of concept here in the darker corners of the net would be worthwhile.

We plebs will get a cashless system which is structurally and philosophically akin to the food-stamp cards of today.  Probably backed by 'energy' and fully administered by the oligarchy.  I suggest that this is what is being set up now and that the climate change hoax is actually an integral part of the process.

---

Edit:  It's probably been posted here before, but interesting people at interesting places are admittedly very interested in geo-engineering.  It's hardly a stretch to posit that fairly broad experiments at the very least have been occurring on this front for some time.  And, of course, it has explanatory power for the observations that many people who have bothered to look skyward over the last decade or so have made.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 11:54:27 PM

1.26 x 10^23

A guess as to how much additional energy would reach the Earth's surface if incoming solar energy were doubled.

3.4 x 10 ^28 watts

1.26 x 10^23 * 3.1 x 10^5 = 1.26 x 10^28

Therefore, from a starting point with water at 25C, about a half a million years would have been required to boil off all the Earth's water.
Thanks.   That look better?
Schleicher

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:18:43 PM

1.26 x 10^23

3.4 x 10 ^28 watts

1.26 x 10^23 * 3.1 x 10^5 = 1.26 x 10^28

Thanks.   That look better?
The area is 1.275 x 10^14 m^2
'The energy to evaporate water is 2257 kJ/l in addition to the energy to get to 100C

dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:51:07 PM

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/news/20160816/
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:57:18 PM

mine is better

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:12:32 PM

Indeed it is better.

I wouldn't believe a word said by Gavin Schmidt, James Hansen or Michael Mann.  Such as this "July(or whatever) is the hottest month" nonsense we hear every month.

Of course, other headlines exist.  But not repeated by drones like DWMA.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/jan/05/december-coldest-uk-month-100-years

http://drsircus.com/world-news/february-2015-coldest-month-in-history/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/02/chicago-coldest-winter-ever_n_5078201.html
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:28:52 PM

Indeed it is better.

I wouldn't believe a word said by Gavin Schmidt, James Hansen or Michael Mann.  Such as this "July(or whatever) is the hottest month" nonsense we hear every month.

Of course, other headlines exist.  But not repeated by drones like DWMA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/02/chicago-coldest-winter-ever_n_5078201.html

Well it is the difference between NASA peer reviewed stuff and people you quote who have title's like "Doctor of Oriental and Pastoral Medicine".

I wish I had something clever to say about the understanding of variance around here, but it is just a bit sad.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:35:51 AM

Indeed it is better.

I wouldn't believe a word said by Gavin Schmidt, James Hansen or Michael Mann.  Such as this "July(or whatever) is the hottest month" nonsense we hear every month.

Of course, other headlines exist.  But not repeated by drones like DWMA.

Well it is the difference between NASA peer reviewed stuff and people you quote who have title's like "Doctor of Oriental and Pastoral Medicine".

I wish I had something clever to say about the understanding of variance around here, but it is just a bit sad.
Ah, no.  Gavin Schmidt's opinions are not peer reviewed.  Neither are his temperature "Adjustments."

There's no need to defend the use of propaganda to blare to everyone about the "Hottest July."

I only point out the comparative silence on "Coldest December."

Regardless, news items on "coldest month" are a sucker's game.

Really, you should know that.
Schleicher

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:02:26 PM

Every time you quote something about "coldest month" it's local news from a random country.
In the same month there's usually hot weather in most other countries.
Nice cherry picking.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:02:32 AM

Every time you quote something about "coldest month" it's local news from a random country.
Nice cherry picking.

AH....

We may be in agreement.

If you notice I said "picking coldest (or hottest, blah blah blah ) month is a SUCKER'S GAME.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:18:58 PM

Nice cherry picking.

AH....

We may be in agreement.

If you notice I said "picking coldest (or hottest, blah blah blah ) month is a SUCKER'S GAME.

but butt NSAaaAaaaa Cry
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:24:12 PM

The climate change idea is another great way of marketing. We're now being afraid because 'soon, everything will become hot' yeah, but it's not because of us.

We're accused of pollution because of smoking and driving but they are testing NUCLEAR weapons, they are testing ROCKETS and stuff that we can't pollute as much as them even in a lifetime.

It's changing because they want it to. HAARP - this is not a conspiracy theory anymore. I dom't consider it, because we can see the exact things taking place on our sky every single day of our lives.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:03:56 PM

The climate change idea is another great way of marketing. We're now being afraid because 'soon, everything will become hot' yeah, but it's not because of us.

We're accused of pollution because of smoking and driving but they are testing NUCLEAR weapons, they are testing ROCKETS and stuff that we can't pollute as much as them even in a lifetime.

It's changing because they want it to. HAARP - this is not a conspiracy theory anymore. I dom't consider it, because we can see the exact things taking place on our sky every single day of our lives.
No, there are no contrails or HAARP controlling the climate.
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: