Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:13:30 PM

In other words, I was right, and all those who argued against my asserting "there is no warming last 19 years" were WRONG.

THEY WRONG!

WRONG!

WRONG!

Or they be Deniers!

HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah because we should believe what Wilikon writes even if there is nothing in it, no link, no source, nothing.

But I guess it's the same thing as usual, you guys always act like that.

Coleman, Spendelus and Wilikon. The trinity of the "I'm right even if I've neither arguments nor sources".

Lol, the link is right there.

I know it's hard to stomach.

Your high priest has admitted what I've been saying since 2006 - and what's been common knowledge for about four years.

Do not worry he is still your high priest.  You can follow him where ever he leads.  Even when he loudly proclaims there is Global Cooling Now.

ROFL....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:54:11 PM

In other words, I was right, and all those who argued against my asserting "there is no warming last 19 years" were WRONG.

THEY WRONG!

WRONG!

WRONG!

Or they be Deniers!

HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh yeah because we should believe what Wilikon writes even if there is nothing in it, no link, no source, nothing.

But I guess it's the same thing as usual, you guys always act like that.

Coleman, Spendelus and Wilikon. The trinity of the "I'm right even if I've neither arguments nor sources".

Your high priest has admitted what I've been saying since 2006 - and what's been common knowledge for about four years.

Do not worry he is still your high priest.  You can follow him where ever he leads.  Even when he loudly proclaims there is Global Cooling Now.

ROFL....

Yeah in fact the Wilikon post was as useless as usual man, he just copied past an article that Spendulus gave.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/02/mann-splaining-the-pause.php

Though few things have to be noted:
1/ This link is just a blog so it's not exactly what I would call a source, it's more an opinion
2/ The blog article goes WAY BEYOND mere interpretation, if you look at the sources used by the blog the author really changes what is said
3/ Seems like Spendulus thinks climate change denyers are common, which is not the case in civilized countries
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:59:02 PM

Wow. I missed college and studying look at these posts.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:18:11 PM

ROFL....

Oh ok I didn't understand that the post of Wilikon had absolutely no use, I thought he was talking about another article Cheesy

First thing first Spendulus, seems like you believe we got like "High priest" or whatever. I don't even know who this guy is. The fact is that as 99% of scientists agree on climate change, contrary to climate change denyers we don't need to have a personal high priest Wink

Second, I took a look at the article and... Do you even read bro? They're never talking about a pause! They're talking about a slow down!
Oh well no, your article is talking about a pause, then if you go to the sources of the article, they're only talking about a slow down!

You're just a liar as all climate change denyers that interpret data just the way they want without ever confronting reality ^^

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
valta4065

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:23:56 PM

Spendulus and Wilikon gave this article out saying it proves the "pause they're all claiming". here is the article:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/02/mann-splaining-the-pause.php

Of course ti's not a scientific article or study just a blog. But no problem the article says there is a pause so it's interesting. It's using a very biased vocabulary but hey, who has no opinion? It's not a crime to be happy when your side wins!

Let's check the sources then. Not very diversified sourcing but well. Mainly Nature articles so let's check them.

First source:
http://www.nature.com/news/global-warming-hiatus-debate-flares-up-again-1.19414?WT.ec_id=NEWS-20160225&spMailingID=50779167&spUserID=MTc2NjY4OTI4MwS2&spJobID=863136582&spReportId=ODYzMTM2NTgyS0

Do they talk about a pause in temperature?
"The debate revolves in part around statistics on temperature trends. The study1 that questioned the existence of the slowdown corrected known biases in the surface temperature record maintained by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), such as differences in temperature readings from ships and buoys. This effectively increased the warming recorded, and the researchers also extended the record to include 2014, which set a new record high for average temperatures.

That work, led by Thomas Karl, director of NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information in Asheville, North Carolina, calculated the rate of global warming between 1950 and 1999 as being 0.113 °C per decade, similar to the 0.116 °C a decade calculated for 2000–14. This, Karl said, meant that an assessment done by the influential Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in 20133  showing that warming had slowed was no longer valid.

Fyfe and his colleagues argue2 that Karl’s approach was biased by a period of relatively flat temperatures that extended from the 1950s into the early 1970s. Greenhouse-gas emissions were lower then, and emissions of industrial pollutants such as sulphate aerosols were cooling the planet by reflecting sunlight back into space. Fyfe says that his calculations show that the planet warmed at 0.170 °C per decade from 1972 to 2001, which is significantly higher than the warming of 0.113 °C per decade he calculates for 2000–14."

Ok so they never talk about a pause here... They talk about a slow down...

Let's check the second source:
http://www.nature.com/news/climate-change-hiatus-disappears-with-new-data-1.17700

"All told, Karl's team finds that global temperatures increased at a rate of 0.116°C a decade in 2000–14, compared to a rate of 0.113°C in 1950–99. And Karl says that rate will probably go up once his team calculates the temperature increase for the entirety of the rapidly warming Arctic. Researchers found in 2013 that gaps in Arctic observations artificially cooled the Met Office temperature record2.

The latest study only resolved part of the question. Climate models used by the IPCC still project warming to continue, but scientists have documented various factors for which the models have not accounted, resulting in suppressed temperatures. These contributors include weak solar irradiation, volcanic aerosols that block sunlight and ocean circulation3.

“Once you take into account the slight forcing errors, the actual occurrence of El Niños, et cetera, there is very little left to explain,” says Gavin Schmidt, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City."

Damn no pause here either!

Could it be possible that they talk only about a slow down because it's all there is?

▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
valta4065

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:28:22 PM

Ladies and gentlemen your attention please!

Seems like as usual Spendulus and Wilikon are using shameful methods to convince you. As usual they give out no scientific sources but rather biased blog posts, and as usual it seems that if you look a bit more precisely, the blog posts are wrong and misinterpret willingly their sources.

There is no "pause" in the last decades. There is a slow down in climate warming. Which IS interesting and lead the scientist to question their models!

I'm not saying there is no problem with current predictions or climate models! Of course there must be, climate is something too complicated to be perfectly predicted.

I'm saying climate change is real and every scientist agree with this. No data shows a "global cooling". No data shows a "pause".

Don't simply trust what Spendulus and Wilikon posts and take 5 minutes to go further. Then you'll see their claims are based on nothing but pitiful lies.

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:25:35 PM

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:45:04 PM

Seems like as usual Spendulus and Wilikon are using shameful methods to convince you. As usual they give out no scientific sources but rather biased blog posts, and as usual it seems that if you look a bit more precisely, the blog posts are wrong and misinterpret willingly their sources.

There is no "pause" in the last decades. There is a slow down in climate warming. Which IS interesting and lead the scientist to question their models!

I'm not saying there is no problem with current predictions or climate models! Of course there must be, climate is something too complicated to be perfectly predicted.

I'm saying climate change is real and every scientist agree with this. No data shows a "global cooling". No data shows a "pause".

Don't simply trust what Spendulus and Wilikon posts and take 5 minutes to go further. Then you'll see their claims are based on nothing but pitiful lies.

It is a good thing we can all agree this could apply to you too.

Smiley

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:53:15 PM

Seems like a whole lot of people are getting a whole lot of money and a few people are getting a whole lot of control out of the 'scary' nature of these models.  As long as the money and control keeps moving upwards, the 'scientists' can question to their heart's content.  But it would probably be a good career move if they kept largely quite on these questions, and in fact I don't see much mention made of the 'divergence' except on the 'denier' side of the fence.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:57:05 PM

Seems like a whole lot of people are getting a whole lot of money and a few people are getting a whole lot of control out of the 'scary' nature of these models.  As long as the money and control keeps moving upwards, the 'scientists' can question to their heart's content.  But it would probably be a good career move if they kept largely quite on these questions, and in fact I don't see much mention made of the 'divergence' except on the 'denier' side of the fence.

This.

galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:20:26 PM

Global Cooling: Is An Ice Age Coming?

The climate is changing, but it's not changing the way the climate change crowd predicted it would. Nature has made a mockery of global warming, so who are the real climate deniers?

http://www.cbn.com/tv/3022250100001?mobile=false

galdur

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:23:11 PM

So now they come clean — sort of.

Christy and his colleague Roy Spencer compile satellite-derived temperature readings at the University of Alabama, Huntsville. Their satellite data has shown no warming for about two decades, and has been cited by researchers skeptical of claims of catastrophic global warming.

“The bulk atmospheric temperature is where the signal is the largest,” Christy said in the hearing, referring to the greenhouse gas effect. “We have measurements for that — it doesn’t match up with the models.”

“Because this result challenges the current theory of greenhouse warming in relatively straightforward fashion, there have been several well-funded attacks on those of us who build and use such datasets and on the datasets themselves,” Christy said.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/26/scientists-finally-admit-climate-models-are-failing-to-predict-global-warming/

galdur

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:25:46 PM

“There is this mismatch between what the climate models are producing and what the observations are showing,” John Fyfe, Canadian climate modeler and lead author of the new paper, told Nature. “We can’t ignore it.”

“Reality has deviated from our expectations – it is perfectly normal to try and understand this difference,” Ed Hawkins, co-author of the study and United Kingdom climate scientist, echoed in a blog post.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/26/scientists-finally-admit-climate-models-are-failing-to-predict-global-warming/#ixzz41g2e7Ww8

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:26:54 PM

Christy and his colleague Roy Spencer compile satellite-derived temperature readings at the University of Alabama, Huntsville. Their satellite data has shown no warming for about two decades, and has been cited by researchers skeptical of claims of catastrophic global warming.

“The bulk atmospheric temperature is where the signal is the largest,” Christy said in the hearing, referring to the greenhouse gas effect. “We have measurements for that — it doesn’t match up with the models.”

“Because this result challenges the current theory of greenhouse warming in relatively straightforward fashion, there have been several well-funded attacks on those of us who build and use such datasets and on the datasets themselves,” Christy said.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/26/scientists-finally-admit-climate-models-are-failing-to-predict-global-warming/

So they are deniers too now?
valta4065

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:29:18 PM

It is a good thing we can all agree this could apply to you too.

Smiley

Of course and if you find any mistake in my speech please state them so I can correct my reasoning.

But since the beginning it seems you keep spreading false statements and ignore the questions or proofs I come with.

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
valta4065

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:34:08 PM

“There is this mismatch between what the climate models are producing and what the observations are showing,” John Fyfe, Canadian climate modeler and lead author of the new paper, told Nature. “We can’t ignore it.”

“Reality has deviated from our expectations – it is perfectly normal to try and understand this difference,” Ed Hawkins, co-author of the study and United Kingdom climate scientist, echoed in a blog post.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/26/scientists-finally-admit-climate-models-are-failing-to-predict-global-warming/#ixzz41g2e7Ww8

So they are deniers too now?

Absolutely not. If you would be kind enough to read my posts above you would see that the current models are challenged because the global warming is not fast enough. It doesn't mean there is a "pause" in temperature rise, absolutely not. It just means that temperature rises is on average lower than what was expected.

Which means models are not correct? Of course they're not! How could they be? Climate is far too complex to be modelized perfectly!

But temperature is still rising whatever the climate change denyers are saying.

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:58:42 PM

As usual when a report says something in the direction of climate change denyers they applaud it and when you go in depth and see the reports is false they all come with a "bah it's all corruption" Roll Eyes

Funny really how you were all applauding this reports 5 posts ago and when Valta took the time to look at the source you no longer approve it but don't explain why it's false xD
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:05:34 PM

I deny we're living on a spinning globe! Global Warming isn't an issue when there's no globe.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:10:12 PM

Funny really how you were all applauding this reports 5 posts ago and when Valta took the time to look at the source you no longer approve it but don't explain why it's false xD

The 'pause' (aka 'hiatus') is nothing new.  It's been known about for many years.  Even the warmistas conceded it before the strategy shifted to denying it outright and more aggressively 'homogenizing' the historic surface temp data to try to get back the slope that their political sponsors demanded.

Edit:  Speaking of 'scientist' doing what they call 'homogenization', here's a graphical illustration:

From: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/massive-tampering-with-temperatures-in-south-america/

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:34:13 PM

I deny we're living on a spinning globe! Global Warming isn't an issue when there's no globe.

Well, you see.  It's just a globe spinning on top of an N-dimensional spacetime fabric.  And of course N-dimensional spacetime is flat in N dimensions.  It's just not flat in 2d.  So you don't have to worry.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: