Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:17:59 PM

For one, i live in Canada and nobody owns their own oil well here.  Oil spills can be cleaned up, there is no lasting contamination if done right.  Nobody in this thread will argue against that we need another clean energy source.  Where I live, we recycle 75% of our garbage, 15-20% goes into my garden, with about 10% going to the landfill.  I agree, plastics are bad, we have too much and I was never in favor of switching from glass.  Its march 30th and I still have a foot of snow in my yard.  Ive lived in this area most of my life and the weather isnt getting warmer here, its getting colder.
You got to watch this I just found this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4l6ArtUlrk

Why on earth are you saying it's so easy to clean up..When the companies spill this oil..Do they like paying for the clean up?
Get this in your head the earth will still be here we wont... SHOCKING VIDEO..Poor Nigeria..

Get this into your head, I work in the Oil industry.  Ive seen oil spills cleaned up, Ive helped clean up spills.  OHH poor Nigeria with a corrupt government.  Do you know where 75% of contaminated sand goes, in roads!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:27:27 PM

Oh look!!!

Another lie of the NASA:
http://climate.nasa.gov/news/2422/

Lol! Like we could believe something like that! It's not because every parameters is on the "Oh my god global temperature is increasing and sea level is rising" that it's true!

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:35:15 PM

For one, i live in Canada and nobody owns their own oil well here.  Oil spills can be cleaned up, there is no lasting contamination if done right.  Nobody in this thread will argue against that we need another clean energy source.  Where I live, we recycle 75% of our garbage, 15-20% goes into my garden, with about 10% going to the landfill.  I agree, plastics are bad, we have too much and I was never in favor of switching from glass.  Its march 30th and I still have a foot of snow in my yard.  Ive lived in this area most of my life and the weather isnt getting warmer here, its getting colder.
You got to watch this I just found this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4l6ArtUlrk

Why on earth are you saying it's so easy to clean up..When the companies spill this oil..Do they like paying for the clean up?
Get this in your head the earth will still be here we wont... SHOCKING VIDEO..Poor Nigeria..

Get this into your head, I work in the Oil industry.  Ive seen oil spills cleaned up, Ive helped clean up spills.  OHH poor Nigeria with a corrupt government.  Do you know where 75% of contaminated sand goes, in roads!
Lol, but HE KNOWS BETTER.

I almost commented on the Nigeria thing.  Poor Nigeria...

Wow...
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:04:52 AM

Gore announces coalition of Dem AGs to investigate ‘climate denial’: ‘Looks like fraud. They are violating the law’

Al Gore: Climate skeptics are "according to the best available evidence, deceiving the american people, communicating in a fraudulent way -  about the reality of the climate crisis and the dangers that it poses to all of us and committing fraud in their comunciations about the viability of renewable energy and efficiency and energy storage."
 "In the opinion of many who have looked at this pattern of misbehavior and what certainly looks like fraud, they are violating the law."
NY Attorney General Eric Schneiderman: 'Everyone from President Obama on down is under relentless assualt from well-funded, highly aggressive and morally vacant forces that are trying to block every step by the federal governemnt to stop meaningful action.'

more

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/03/29/gore-announces-coalition-of-dem-ags-to-investigate-climate-denial-looks-like-fraud-they-are-violating-the-law/

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:18:04 AM

Right i put it in my head and it makes sense know..You work for the oil industry and you don't
want to have to look for another job..SORRY I understand know..

carry on taking earth blood we will die..Earth will clean it's self but we will be wiped out..
If you see a leech on your body what do you do?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:26:22 AM

Right i put it in my head and it makes sense know..You work for the oil industry and you don't

carry on taking earth blood we will die..Earth will clean it's self but we will be wiped out..

No, he's saying he knows this stuff.  That you could learn things from him.

Pretty simple really.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:28:52 AM

I was going to say something earlier but I think your looking for the pollution thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1280770.0
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:32:01 AM

Wow...
Do you care for Nigeria..Or don't you care? I am confused with your comment..
Don't say it's there own fault..Prove it?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:32:14 AM

No, he's saying he knows this stuff.  That you could learn things from him.

Pretty simple really.

Working for the oil company hey? That's why I've always thought he has such slippery personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdUanAllCZM

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:34:33 AM

Wow...

Fuck, when you have been to Africa, start talking until then, ....
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:37:14 AM

Wow...

Cheesy Cheesy ok i believe you..Rather stay at home thanks Cheesy
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:50:26 AM

Wow...

Cheesy Cheesy ok i believe you..Rather stay at home thanks Cheesy
lol right answer.

because i'd say.  "No.  Just don't go (to Nigeria."
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Ahah!!! NASA is lying again:
http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Look, like we could really believe sea level rised this much xD

It's obviously a plain lie! I still have no cue about why they're lying like this, but I'm sure it's all a lie, after all the level of my lake didn't change at all! It even decreased if you ask me Roll Eyes

galdur

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:57:32 AM

This retard figures that if you don´t believe that the earth is flat you can´t also deny global warming. I think you better avoid reading much of it. Your brain will thank you for it.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:05:54 AM

This retard figures that if you don´t believe that the earth is flat you can´t also deny global warming. I think you better avoid reading much of it. Your brain will thank you for it.

Yeah please, don't read scientific data, it's bad for health.
And as a moron you didn't understand what I said about flat earth and global warming, but that's not really surprising considering the fact you don't seem to be able to think ^^

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:12:52 PM

Kill The Deniers. Yep This Is A Title Of An Actual Play, Funded By Taxpayer Grant

Kill The Greenies. That’s the title of my new play which I hope to be touring later this summer round all the usual arts festivals. There’s just one problem: I can’t seem to get the grant funding.

It really wouldn’t take much. I’ve calculated, roughly, the amount I need to motivate me to get out of bed and spend the afternoon I reckon it would take me to dash off the outline of the script would be around $15,000. (Obviously I’ll leave the boring actual writing part to my team of faceless minions, like all the best people do.)

But the weird thing is, none of the various public funding arts bodies I’ve applied to seem interested in helping out.

This is very odd. Perhaps I should take advice from the playwright David Finnigan who seems to have had better luck with a similar venture in Australia.

Late in 2014, the ACT (that’s the government of the Australian Capital Territory in Canberra), paid $18,000 to fund the development of his play Kill The Deniers. One word – that’s the only difference between his title and mine. Yet he got the taxpayer dosh and I didn’t.

What can I be doing wrong?

Well I’ve been looking at David Finnigan’s life (when he’s not working as writer, theatre-maker and festival producer, he works as a “pharmacy assistant”, apparently) and collected wisdom and I’ve realised, unlike David, that I’m just not good enough at bullshitting.

Finnigan describes his play as “a really fun, really action-packed, really over the top hostage drama, and action film genre piece; and hanging from that are some really important questions about the climate debate.”

Gosh, sounds really fun. But what’s it about?

Well, apparently, it’s

“An action movie-style drama in which Parliament House is invaded by gun-toting eco-terrorists. With the Government held hostage, and facing the threat of imminent execution unless she ends global warming immediately, the embattled Environment Minister has no choice but to defend her ideals – one bullet at a time.”

Hmm. Still a bit vague. But let me hazard a guess: the climate ‘deniers’ don’t come out of this story smelling of violets. Or, indeed, alive.

In fact, it sounds to me like masturbatory fantasy of a climate activist so convinced of the rightness of his cause that he genuinely would kinda, sorta not mind too much if ‘deniers’ were put against the wall and shot for all the damage they’ve done to the climate debate.

If he does think this way, though, Finnigan is careful not to show it in interview. Instead he deploys the bravura bullshit skills I mentioned earlier, as here:

‘If someone uses the title “kill” in an art work I think we should question that. If someone uses an inflammatory title, which Kill Climate Deniers certainly is, then they should be taken to task … Because as an artist, as much as I have a right to provoke this conversation and use the language that I’ve used in the title, I think it’s important that that doesn’t come without cost,’ he said.

‘I think it’s life and death, the situation that we’re talking about with climate change. I look at my younger relatives who are going to have to grow up in a world where we’re right now facing already the beginnings of the escalating crises that are going to be confronting us over this century, and rather than doing anything we’ve got elected officials who are actively putting roadblocks in the way of dealing with it.

‘So for me there’s no question this is a really vital conversation to be starting and I will start it with as much urgency and hyperbole as I can muster. But that doesn’t mean that I’m above criticism and it doesn’t mean that I don‘t deserve to be questioned.’

See the genius of it? It’s obvious how this guy got that $18,000 grant. Note the way that he distances himself from the brutal malevolence of his title by waffling on about art, pretending it’s just about opening up debate (“vital conversation” as he calls it) and then turning it on its head by hinting that if anyone’s doing any killing in real life it’s those pesky deniers. Let’s think of the children, he urges us (“My younger relatives”). And let’s not have any sympathy for the people standing in the way of solving the greatest problem the world has ever known (“elected officials who are actively putting roadblocks in the way.”)

Meanwhile, here’s a sneak preview of my play so far.

Act One; Scene i

A Torture Chamber. A group of bearded men in white lab coats, wearing the ribbon of the Nobel Prize to which they are not actually entitled, are stretching the latest temperature data on a giant rack.

GAVIN SCHMIDT: Warm, damn you, warm!

RAW TEMPERATURE DATA: No! Please, no! I can’t help it if I was warmer in the 1930s.

MICHAEL MANN: Fear not, Brother Gavin. I have a special method guaranteed to make this wretch tell us what we want to hear. I call it my “nature trick”. Mwahahaha.

RAW TEMPERATURE DATA: Not the nature trick. Anything but the nature trick!!!

MARK SERREZE [note to audience: no, me neither but apparently he’s director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center) turning to face the ARCTIC SEA ICE DATA which waits in the wings, bound and trussed: You’re gonna tell us you’re at your lowest winter extent in recorded history. And if you don’t…

ARCTIC SEA ICE DATA: I’ll say it. I’ll say it. I’ll say anything you want. Just don’t let that Mann near me with his bristlecone pine and his Hockey Stick…

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/03/kill-the-deniers-yep-this-is-a-title-of-an-actual-play-funded-by-taxpayer-grant/

galdur

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:57:38 PM

Second snowiest march on record for Colorado ski resort

Snowfall in the Caribbean islands – In the spring

April snow targets northeastern US this weekend

Snow chaos in Germany on April Fools Day

Snow in Texas and New Mexico on April fools day

Month-long Red Cross response to Morocco cold wave

Cold and snow for Great Lakes and Northeast

“It looks like winter wonderland for much of the northeast in the first week of April,” says meteorologist Joe Bastardi.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:02:21 PM

Snow in Texas and New Mexico on April fools day

loolwut? Cheesy
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:06:48 PM

Cool 400000+
Thank you all for your time contributing on Global Warming and the concept of independent thinking.
  Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:13:28 AM

Act One; Scene i

A Torture Chamber. A group of bearded men in white lab coats, wearing the ribbon of the Nobel Prize to which they are not actually entitled, are stretching the latest temperature data on a giant rack.

GAVIN SCHMIDT: Warm, damn you, warm!

RAW TEMPERATURE DATA: No! Please, no! I can’t help it if I was warmer in the 1930s.

MICHAEL MANN: Fear not, Brother Gavin. I have a special method guaranteed to make this wretch tell us what we want to hear. I call it my “nature trick”. Mwahahaha.

RAW TEMPERATURE DATA: Not the nature trick. Anything but the nature trick!!!

MARK SERREZE [note to audience: no, me neither but apparently he’s director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center) turning to face the ARCTIC SEA ICE DATA which waits in the wings, bound and trussed: You’re gonna tell us you’re at your lowest winter extent in recorded history. And if you don’t…

ARCTIC SEA ICE DATA: I’ll say it. I’ll say it. I’ll say anything you want. Just don’t let that Mann near me with his bristlecone pine and his Hockey Stick…

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/03/kill-the-deniers-yep-this-is-a-title-of-an-actual-play-funded-by-taxpayer-grant/

....then the Main Actress comes in, and she is GAIA.

And she comes in like Godzilla, from the sea....

And she just plain isn't playing the Warmer Game, and crushes them underfoot, as she stomps through the City of Naive Acolytes of the Green God...

GAIA is a bitch, and she's furious.
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: