Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:18:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26198 times)
yaaansi (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:37:44 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:53:11 PM

depends, kyc is really giving away bits of ur personal info. if the project doesn't seem that legit in the first place + ur airdrop + bounty amt is not significant, might not be advisable to do so.
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:10:05 PM

yes most likely the negative impact of personal data that is given in use for things that are not true
Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:21:20 PM

Now I do not join the projects that require KYC, since I will not be guaranteed by anyone who protects my personal data.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:34:02 PM

If I send KYC, how scammers can use my personal information. I do not have experience. Share your experience. thank you.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

Don't blame any ICO developers, which request for a KYC verification before purchasing tokens. During the initial period of ICOs, there weren't any requirements for it, but some investors think they can become smarter to override the developers to get more tokens. KYC is then demanded. Besides, some countries are prohibited from participating in ICOs, developers uses KYC verification to sort them out.
Mrjenong

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:59:52 PM

I get the information that KYC is correct. the project that they do is a project that runs a few complicated processes, not most other projects, who are at random establish a project, KYC through several processes to attract foreign investors to invest their money in KYC. so KYC can last long and make him a coin that has a high value.
join KYC, we are waiting for you to join.
WhoAmAi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

I'm afraid if they ask KYC your documents will be used for bad purposes like scam, you should find out the bounty / airdrop information, if that's good, I think it's okay to send KYC documents
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 628

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:29:36 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
KYC in short of Know your Customer where those project owners or any companies do ask it will really require such documentation came from into their clients and now ICO is gradually being regulated where they would normally ask about KYC into their investor but the thing now that they are also implying it on bounties and airdrops which i dont really see a reason why would be included with that stuff. We are just marketers of the project not investors. Its up to you if you decide to risk your identity just to get some pennies came from bounties or airdrops.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:38:24 PM

I think it's normal when you need to do KYC to be able to invest in an ICO project or get reward from bounty campaign in this forum. It's needed cause ICO project often don't allow investors come from US to invest in their project. Beside KYC for bounty campaign to avoid bounty abused by cheater using alt account.
NineBall

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:39:08 PM

I never want to give my KYC data, because I am afraid one day my data is sold or used to deceive others. I would rather leave the bounty / airdrop if they ask for KYC

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:45:52 PM

As usual it'll be ok but it'll be not if you invest in a scam project or join a scam bounty campaign require KYC cause your identity will be sold on dark market right after you finishing your KYC. As I can see there are a lot of investors often invest in ICO projects don't require KYC to invest cause they don't like it and they want to protect their identity but they also invest in ICO project require KYC if it's really a good project.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:12:20 PM

KYC is such a big help not just for me but also for the ICO project conducting campaigns and airdrops. It help in a way that scammers/fraud are prohibited in receiving the tokens that should be given only to those who are legit participants. KYC has such a big impact to those fraud that turn their dirty works into trash.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
icometre

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:04:05 PM

It is a legal obligation. The laws of Canada, England and USA are very strict in this regard.
OnnoTunes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 08:47:52 PM

You give them your personal information such as copy of your id card or passport with a selfie, name, country, official address information. If you are sensitive about your private information and believe that thay can violate your data privacy, then it's up to you to participate or not.
Panzersin

Activity: 901
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:45:31 PM

Idk, never join and will join in any of bounty which required to do KYC. They are only want our personal data which we don't know what they will do with those

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

ForHorde666

Activity: 95
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:03:18 PM

Never send your documents to unverified companies, especially for 5 $ Airdrop. Only at quality ICOs, and only for the sake of good income. The only plus of this procedure is that people using multi-account will not get anything.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:15:29 PM

Just be careful since not all bounty/airdrop campaign is legit. I personally don’t signing up on that kyc form because I don’t participate on airdrop. Kyc basically for our protection but it is still questionable if you are using it in airdrop.
radlem

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

You generally don't want to do KYC for sketchy projects. Only do it if you believe the project actually has potential.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:47:02 AM

KYC is also known as know your customer. It is used as a requirement in receiving bounties or tokens in a certain project. Here, you send your information such as name, birthday, contact number, and address. The effect of this KYC is you are not going to be anonymous anymore since you send your information. Some bounties or airdrops don't tell you if there is a KYC at the beginning of the campaign that is why it can be pretty bad for other people joining campaigns especially for those people who are not comfortable in sharing such info.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: