Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:08:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26196 times)
Faraha_JJJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:07:26 AM

Most of new ICO's are asking for KYC, it's due to legal constraints involved to raise funds as per the origin countries law. I think it's OK to go with the KYC. Some missuses the personal info, we have to be careful about it.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zdl666

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:57:22 AM

Not all ICO and airdrop are real, so take care of your own information and don't fill in KYC at random.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:21:37 AM

Most of new ICO's are asking for KYC, it's due to legal constraints involved to raise funds as per the origin countries law. I think it's OK to go with the KYC. Some missuses the personal info, we have to be careful about it.

Yes, some companies are miss using our profiles and selling data to other providers. Now, most of the reputable companies who have real developments are asking for KYC because they need to follow law firms in order to raise the money.
TraiKH

Activity: 207
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:26:14 AM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
KYC gives you a better support and guarantees the authenticity of your investment in the project. However, applying kyc means more to the project. Because they can diagnose and evaluate customer interest. Therefore, they will have more effective advertising and marketing campaigns.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:41:31 AM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
on the one hand, it's okay because the company insures itself in this way from unnecessary payments to the same people. But on the other hand, our data can get nowhere and in whose hands. This is frightening, because such data is easily sold on the darknet

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Snyderfx

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 11:03:50 AM

i think you can use water mark when you provide kyc details. then they cannot use those document for another thing. it safer than sending original documents .

twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:22:32 PM

i think you can use water mark when you provide kyc details. then they cannot use those document for another thing. it safer than sending original documents .

KYC is important of the people and useful to some personal using. So don't share the KYC document. It your personal information. So don't share it.  You generally don't want to do KYC for not believe the projects. Only do it if you believe the project actually has potential. Some people try to use your KYC document illegal way. So safe to use. So share the KYC if you trust it.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:55:55 PM

I think KYC can is to give your identity to ico founders and to others and in my opinion it is very dangerous because your privacy is known by others and could be your identity is sold therefore KYC actually many bad side rather than the positive side.
modamo

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:26:21 PM

The KYC is real problem. I have some doubt about it.  Some people you don't know, can use all innformation about you. ICO is not legal enough to trust it.

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:43:43 AM

KYC does give you anything, it just help you to pass the requirements of a project or whatever kind of thing you are doing. KYC means Know Your Customer so it helps the owner of the project to filter out and to verify if they are really getting real people as an investor because there is a lot of fake investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:15:04 AM

KYC gives you a better support and guarantees the authenticity of your investment in the project. However, applying kyc means more to the project. Because they can diagnose and evaluate customer interest. Therefore, they will have more effective advertising and marketing campaigns.
If the project is really good then submitting your kyc is ok, but if its just on Airdrop, I don't thinks its really required to do so. KYC is very important not just in the project but also to yourself because it can help you to protect your identity. KYC is growing this year, but be careful on giving such information that can be use against to you.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:25:06 AM

I think personally KYC can give a loss because KYC means you give your identity to ICO founder or given to bounty / airdrop I think it is very harmful because your identity can be used for things that are not good as for example your idnetitas on sale and your privacy uncovered and it would be very dangerous.
BitindaHouse

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:31:18 PM

KYC is a very useful thing. Firstly, if your coins are taken away from your personal cabinet, you can always prove that it is not tyu.vo second in such projects at the subconscious level you trust him !!! I am for confirming the identity in the worldwide Internet network !!

minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:48:06 PM

The main idea of KYC is to make the cryptoworld more transparent and reliable
Many project give you a chance to join only after you give them the information about yourself
And the information must be truthfull or you will be banned (and sometimes you couldn't join projects that are connected to the project which have banned you)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
CathalG

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:54:26 AM

It allows me to know that the project DO care about the legality of running an ICO. If the project doesn't have a KYC I would predict it's a scam.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:58:19 AM

in my opinion KYC can be used to provide identity information for investors so that ico founders can know that the investor is from a good and neutral person and not for money laundering or financing for terrorists, it is only for investors from ico only but if for bounty and airdrop you should not give KYC because your identity will be used for criminal acts without you knowing they can do that.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

KYC is good for projects, so they know who their customers are, whether there are scammers among these clients, etc. But personally I as a participant do not like to go through this procedure. I really do not want to send my personal data, documents are unknown to anyone.
travelhelperio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Helper

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:07:32 AM

Hi
KYC full meaning is that "Know Your Customer" .Every good startup wants to know that the participant joining his ICO where from belongs to.

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
stepanLan

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:10:02 AM

With KYC you must confirm your identity and citizenship.
I went through the KYC once - but they did not ask for photos of my documents.
And I've met very few projects where they ask me to go through the KYC.
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:44:17 AM

I think KYC can provide very useful information for some ico founders and exchange places available to make withdrawal of profits, whereas if you give KYC to airdrop or bounty seems not really needed save well your privacy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: