Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26199 times)
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:01:55 PM

KYC has become the order of the day, most ICO and bounties requires KYC and I think some do for the sake of meeting the regulation requirements while other do to to weed off some cheaters in the bounty.
Janevinex

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:09:42 PM

Looking of course what project you choose, of course a lot of scams in this and your documents can be transferred to other persons, choose proven projects and there only pass

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:33:07 AM

My idea is that KYC is mostly used as a scam, especially by those who require it for receiving airdrops. The anonymity is over. It is not a secret that companies work for money. Therefore they don't give a shit if you are a US citizen etc. KYC is required by asshole regulators that give licenses for such companies. So those who set the rules are the real players in the world
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:10:44 AM

For me, KYC does not mean anything good. I now set up a adamant and confident that I am not one. For me, KYC is one negative and I am waiting for it to be canceled
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 01:45:02 PM

KYC is only okay if you are participating in a tokensale especially only in the legit ico project. But disregard making KYC on airdrops because not all airdrops are legit. And it can take risk having those hackers your documents. Stay safe.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
Check the project first if its legit. Because some of scammers accumulate information/data and they will sell that. So be careful, And for the good ICO/Legit. You need to pass KYC because they needs a data for their project and info about the holders of their token. But don't worry most of them our Info are safety.
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:00:03 PM

In conducting KYC we must be careful and ensure that the procedure is not fraudulent. I have experience doing bounty campaigns and after the project is finished I do KYC to get prizes. And after doing KYC, I haven't got a token yet. It's better if you check before you submit your personal data.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

same question, because now I'm first joining the bounty which requires participants to do KYC, I also don't know effect of what happens when giving identity to people we don't know but I hope it will be fine

roy12875

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

Nonsense to pass the KYC if you only joined their bounty or airdrop, it needs your personal information, it should be the passport or ID card, you can confirm which project is the true project, or which one is scam, it too risky is give it to the fraud team, and they will sell it in the black market or other.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:22:51 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

There's no benefit at all for us bounty hunters if we participate in KYC. They'll just be getting our information. Nothing more or less. It's a major benefit for them so they can track scammers and spammers, but technically, KYC for bounty hunters has no benefit.

joeperry

Activity: 2142
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:34:26 PM

There's a lot of bounties are running right now and we should know that KYC can be implemented when you're an investor. KYC stands for "Know your customer" it's supposed to be for customer of the certain project in order to know the credibility of the investor and to control money laundering.

EFFECTS FOR YOU IN GIVING YOUR KYC DOCUMENT:
1. Your identity can be used in illegal works
2. They can steal your identity (Identity theft)
3. They can sell your identity to others

WHY DO BOUNTY MANAGERS ASK FOR KYC?
1. To control participants
2. To avoid cheating in their bounty campaign
3. Probably they want to steal your Identity

auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

I think KYC for bounty campaign doesn't need to be done, moreover the price of crypto currency which is currently experiencing a huge price decline, is doing KYC only for 5 USD really? KYC is only for ICO participants.
Gabri

Activity: 856

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:25:36 PM

I've always been an opponent of the KYC procedure. I'm not an investor I'm a bounty hunter. Why should I give someone my documents? I don't see any point. So I'm never going to go through that procedure again.
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:29:55 PM

gives fear that my personal data will fall into bad hands
and if the KYC-procedure  goes through after the end of the project - then some minor concerns that I don’t like checking people and my work will be done in vain)
but more than the first, it's still unknown how my data will be confidential

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Dima95

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 02:36:14 PM

KYC doesnt give us anything, however, i hope that it helps to decrease the quantity of multi accounts at least for a bit, because they get too much stakes

fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:43:51 PM

I will never take part in an Airdrop that requires KYC, because I find it pretty useless. But it could be very helpful to detect cheaters and scammers during bounties, because a lot of people are using multi accounts to trick the team.
Many of those who use multi-accounts or bots have fake documents,downloaded from the Internet or purchased in the black network.So KYC to identify bots or multi-accounts are considered ineffective. Recently, a large number of KYC is associated with the increased regulation of the cryptosphere by the state.
Rockkey

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:44:49 PM

For me, as for a bounty-hunter, the KYC is a pretty useless thing, first of all, I think so because I am not an investor of the project, and therefore, by law, I should not be subjected of such checks and this should be clear to everyone.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

For me to be honest i dont think KYC is required when it comes in ICOs unless you are a big and trusted project, because i think maybe they will steal your identity.
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:23:12 PM

no, we are just a way to make it difficult for bounty hunters to get paid. from the very beginning of this regulation, I strongly disagree, we should only be for investors because that is the goal.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:12:26 PM

Now KYC companies are often requested, although it was not registered before, as a result, you are left with a choice-to lose your tokens or send documents. Then with the passage of KYC not recommend the use of a passport.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: