Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26198 times)
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 12:54:16 PM

KYC is just a regulation requirement for the law. Yes you can do KYC but only for the legit companies and teams and for the bounty managers only. Other than that, you can avoid. Because do not be easily give your KYC to the person you truly don't know.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:12:09 PM

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin were developed solely to avoid the use of banks altogether. Fans and developers of crypto like the idea of a decentralized network that does not require the need of any other parties to process a transaction.Slowly it has brought revolution and it continues to grow.Earlier days and now also crypto are used for many illegal purposes but that depends.Moreover making anonymous payment and security are two causes which mostly people are looking for.Many crypto have also come in market which is making kyc policy to prevent money-laundering,in these way making it for mass adoption.Crypto is something which had and always give good return to its user.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:12:12 PM

Only perform a kyc to a projects that is good to be true in terms of promises, i mean analys the whole ICO projects first before to do, because some of the fake ICO wants some on other people information to perform a scam or evil job underground so be careful about that.
Of course, being careful is simply necessary, because now all the same people will be in a panic to hand over their documents. But at this time, many guys can be in great danger. here the most important thing is, as you said, to correctly understand what KYC is and how to choose the right project.

ripzombie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:15:13 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
Usually KYC is some kind of protection from bounty hunters to use multiple accounts. However it is also good for bounty hunters, because they get more stakes and tokens
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:22:16 PM

I never want to give my KYC data, because I am afraid one day my data is sold or used to deceive others. I would rather leave the bounty / airdrop if they ask for KYC
I am not try to judging your decision is right or wrong. But nowadays mostly 80% projects developers asking KYC whatever you investor or bounty hunter. You can't participate in the all projects. Even promising projects must be asking KYC remember it. If you don't want to this obviously you have to shutdown.   

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MR_Klip

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:17:27 PM

Well, there is nothing good in KYC except for intence. It was created for protection of money laundering, but now none of the platforms is able to protect my personal data. I do not want to waste a lot of time waiting for better days to come, so I give up on KYC.
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:41:37 PM

Maybe KYC is a good tool to prevent multiple accounts for bounty participants, but KYC is not too excessive for bounty participants who have done their jobs but are not rewarded because of KYC. KYC should only be aimed at investors, because investors play an important role in an ICO

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
terible.hunter

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:55:28 PM

Maybe KYC is a good tool to prevent multiple accounts for bounty participants, but KYC is not too excessive for bounty participants who have done their jobs but are not rewarded because of KYC. KYC should only be aimed at investors, because investors play an important role in an ICO
Not only for investors and in general, it seems to me that it is time for the KYC process to be already engaged in the government. Who knows where they send our data, have you ever asked yourself this question? It seems to me that it is time to think about why today.

Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:59:40 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

I don't know why they need KYC for bounty hunter but for me it's normal if investors will passed a KYC for their account investment to know one by one of their customers.

SoloV

Activity: 504
Merit: 112

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

One of the main dangers of passing KYC, if fraudsters get your documents. We must be very careful about this. Learn the best possible projects before you go pass KYC.

terible.hunter

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:20:44 PM

One of the main dangers of passing KYC, if fraudsters get your documents. We must be very careful about this. Learn the best possible projects before you go pass KYC.
This is really a big problem for investors today, because no one can say for sure that there is a problem today, because today there are a very large number of projects that look very good for investing, but these projects are a scam.

snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:27:38 PM

I don't trust campaign that requires KYC because it will gather your personal data and you are not 100% sure that your information will not leak.

Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:48:35 AM

KYC is proof of identity. that is, by doing so the project makes sure that the user has one account and that he is authentic and not a fraudster

but what is feared is that this KYC system is recognized to avoid money laundering and other criminal attempts, and the personal data therein is misused by the ICO company for criminal matters in the ICO or future business forms.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:01:15 AM

You know,a lot of airdrop and bounty that requires kyc and there are even some people willing to kyc to be paid with money that is not in accordance with the risk. Personally if who's asked for personal data is a big project I will be more able to understand but if only to pay a token with a small value I think it's totally not worth it. Personal Data very dangerous to share with another.
aioc

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:08:03 AM

Not worth I notice my friends who have done KYC for these airdrops are actually getting nothing or shits in exchange for giving them so much of themselves, you don't give your personal and sensitive details to strangers in exchange for IOU things which has no value at all, it's one of the tricks of scammers and people should know this thing in the first place.

duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

You know,a lot of airdrop and bounty that requires kyc and there are even some people willing to kyc to be paid with money that is not in accordance with the risk. Personally if who's asked for personal data is a big project I will be more able to understand but if only to pay a token with a small value I think it's totally not worth it. Personal Data very dangerous to share with another.
I think if you are important then that is worrying. Almost all bounty hunters are ordinary people so the sharing of personal information is not a concern for us as we do not have much influence in this market.
alberdina

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 03:31:12 AM

Yes, to get tokens from the results of working on the campaign, of course, we have to go through KYC filling. But not all projects that I follow use KYC for bounty hunter participants. Using KYC must be careful because we submit personal data to people we don't know.

Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:50:25 AM

will be less worthy KYC should be applied in the bounty. However many bounties now that implements it and certainly used to find out the truth of the recipient of the payment and could even reduce will double in the bounty. but the misuse of identity can also be the thing to look out for in this case.
libert19

Activity: 2520
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 03:54:54 AM

I would say no. You are giving your personal details to gray party. You don't know what they gonna do with it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:02:50 AM

Oh yeah,,, KYC is both good and bad into the security of the person. What if the system is compromised by the hackers or what if the system if compromised by the team itself? Possible to use others identity to scam other persons in crypto as the owner doesn't have a power to manage his/her own information because it was passed to the team by requiring KYC process. It is risky strategy but hunters doesn't have a choice but to comply most specially if the announcement done one week before the campaign end.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: