Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26198 times)
Hudora

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:05:13 AM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining

When I was young and naive I believed that most of my invested money will turn in worthy tokens in future, I performed almost every KYC I could come across. Right now I ignore all the projects with KYC because I can see no purpose in them: cryptocurrencies are not regulatet.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:08:01 AM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
This has nothing good to brings us,but only to favor the company assuring our legitimacy and besides this will only make us vulnerable to hacking,scamming or other misleading issues because the team will learn about our personalities and profiles,this can be use against us if the people who handles this has a negative motive in asking about KYC .so beware of this
Moxivuki

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:13:34 AM

Most KYC projects still don't give us any rewards, so now I prefer to participate in the KYC project that has already entered the exchange, instead of participating in the ICO phase of the KYC project!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:12:23 AM

Now KYC brings me nothing but disappointment. Often I do not pass it, although I am sure that I did everything right. I hope that in the end this useless procedure will be canceled
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:18:01 AM

Some countries now ban ICO projects, and the purpose of KYC is to exclude investors from these countries.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:22:13 AM

For example, if one member is using multi accounts to collect the most possible amount of tokens from each campaign. It is not allowed and to protect other bounty members, the team decides to undergo the KYC process.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 09:32:35 AM

KYC requires you to submit your personal data which many find unwise as it exposes it to the internet where it can get stolen and misused by unscrupulous individuals

kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 09:59:47 AM

KYC is a procedure that I don't want to go through ever. I try to think about the fact that if KYC is not introduced, and the rate would not fall so much. There's definitely a connection.
terible.hunter

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

I don't trust campaign that requires KYC because it will gather your personal data and you are not 100% sure that your information will not leak.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I also do not trust projects that today collect a lot of data about investors. It seems to me that it is better to try to probably invest in private projects, so I try to look for such projects.

Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 06:08:48 PM

If i'm answering you directly i will say KYC gives you the token you looking for. Its not that safe since you given out you identity details to an unknown person out there. You ask yourself what will they use those details for but sometimes you just have to comply with it and go your way.

Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:33:06 PM

KYC Documents submission depends on the bounty/airdrop. This has recently become a requirement by most top projects. It wasn't like this when it started hence the decentralized nature of the crypto technology however, with recent compliance measures, projects have been forced to ensure Know Your Customer or KYC verification. There are risks associated with this. I read somewhere on this forum about people's KYC documents being sold online by some of these projects which could most possibly result in identity theft. One has to be very careful where and how your sensitive documents are submitted. You must be sure these projects are genuine and completely verifiable offline.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

And if they request early before joining any of the bounty or airdrop how good might it be but the worst part is that most of them requested the kyc late periods of the project not knowing who really has the requires details but used them as source of free advert.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:48:17 PM

KYC doesnt gurantee the success of a project. In the past it was more of a sure deal if a project is requesting for KYC, but these days it doesnt come with any kind of feeling.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:50:49 PM

Most often even I don't like to do it but it required us sometimes in the bounty for us to be paid to our task to their project. Because if we didn't submit we will not be compensate to our hard work in promoting during the time campaign that it was running. But as much as the bounty has no kyc I will not submit it.
Kamidzy7

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:56:29 PM

On Sammo case of hemorrhoids,and loss of tokens,then profit!How many tokens I have not received because of the KYC, where I overlooked, where the managers cheated, different situations,but the fact is that thanks to the KYC, you can spend time on work and reports,and then just miss what it took to provide your data for verification,and you're in flight

https://www.heta.org/  Build The Smart Industries On Top of HetaChain
kkrainij

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:01:56 PM

Most often even I don't like to do it but it required us sometimes in the bounty for us to be paid to our task to their project. Because if we didn't submit we will not be compensate to our hard work in promoting during the time campaign that it was running. But as much as the bounty has no kyc I will not submit it.
I also did kyc in 2 bounty campaigns to get tokens. I do not mind Kyc, but I still do not understand why bounty hunters pass KYC.
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:12:24 PM

Actually KYC is not bad things for security things but a lot of manager from bounties use it for own interest like not give rewards to participants who deserve. Also it provides that you can just use one account in a bounty.

elcoblast

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

as you know, many bounty/airdrop hunter are cheating that's why in bounty/airdrop campaign using KYC for verifying user because there is no cheating in their campaign, but this is risk for sending our indentity

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
terible.hunter

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:25:41 PM

KYC is never bad process if you are in good project. If you ever got scammed by KYC, they will sell your information even could get more bad happens
Therefore, to many states that today have integrated all the same processes for investors, I think that it would be best of all to get them big data centers. Surely, you can only say that now is a fascinating time.

gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:27:56 PM

NOTHING! just giving away the information we have like identification and addresses.
KYC is not healthy for investors or bounty participants.
It is only good for the ICO team and they are the one to have our informations.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: