Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 05:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470720 times)
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:26:42 PM

if someone intends to fork the coin weekly, do it on another coin that is not being actively traded.

If catcoin is forked unilaterally in this fashion, even if it is unofficial, Hozer et al. are essentially rolling the dice with the real-world money everyone has invested in catcoin. 

How can we convince people that catcoin is where they should be mining, and where they should hold their money when the community is fractious, and a small, vocal minority can fork the currency at any time?

I don't know if all of us signed up to be part of Hozer's experiment, let alone be paying for his own curiosity-driven research.  However, here we are. 

He is entirely doing his own thing, which happens a lot in this thread. It's not helping Catcoin one iota. Consensus, not division is needed.
if someone intends to fork the coin weekly, do it on another coin that is not being actively traded.

If catcoin is forked unilaterally in this fashion, even if it is unofficial, Hozer et al. are essentially rolling the dice with the real-world money everyone has invested in catcoin.  

How can we convince people that catcoin is where they should be mining, and where they should hold their money when the community is fractious, and a small, vocal minority can fork the currency at any time?

I don't know if all of us signed up to be part of Hozer's experiment, let alone be paying for his own curiosity-driven research.  However, here we are.  

FUCKING THIS.

Guys, I'm not sure if you can tell my stress level or not by how I write, but I'm so close to just saying "fuck it", you have no idea. I'm trying to help bring this community together, it's not seeming to do one single bit of good because we've spent all afternoon arguing about hozer. When you guys are ready to start dealing with the real issues with this coin, let me know. This is stressing me out too much right now.

Merverick, are you not reading Hozer messages? THIS IS BEYOND EXPERIMENT, he wants to contact Exchanges and miss up with the coin, He is calling for to move on to his fork, he is pushing and advertising his thing as hard as he can, we are not talking experiment here anymore.

It's becoming a real issue, and I'm not the (only) one saying so. The testnet is more than enough for testing.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:29:44 PM

The community doesn't want this fork. If he contacts the exchanges they may remove catcoin or put it in maintaintence. This would kill Catcoin.

Someone needs to pre-empt this and make sure the exchanges know that there is no fork, and to ignore any requests to update their wallets.

NO FORK.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:30:23 PM

Merverick, are you not reading Hozer messages? THIS IS BEYOND EXPERIMENT, he wants to contact Exchanges and miss up with the coin, He is calling for to move on to his fork, he is pushing and advertising his thing as hard as he can, we are not talking experiment here anymore.

It's becoming a real issue, and I'm not the (only) one saying so. The testnet is more than enough for testing.

Absolutely, this should be done on the test net. Now do a test for me:
Run 'catcoind --testnet' , and paste me the output before you say such things
skillface

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

The community doesn't want this fork. If he contacts the exchanges they may remove catcoin or put it in maintaintence. This would kill Catcoin.

He already seems to not really care about what the exchanges think of another fork.
Nullu

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

He already seems to not really care about what the exchanges think of another fork.

Oh good. Then he intends to destroy it and take control of Catcoin. Fantastic. He and the pools on the fork get a massively high proportion of coins. This is why he wants to fork it. Nobody wants to move to his fork.

The exchanges would look at this and just say; we're out. Then the coin is dead.

I am so irritated I don't have the words right now. I need a break from this.

loader140

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:33:41 PM

I don't know if all of us signed up to be part of Hozer's experiment, let alone be paying for his own curiosity-driven research.  However, here we are. 

He is entirely doing his own thing, which happens a lot in this thread. It's not helping Catcoin one iota. Consensus, not division is needed.

I don't know if all of us signed up to be part of Hozer's experiment, let alone be paying for his own curiosity-driven research.  However, here we are.  

FUCKING THIS.

Guys, I'm not sure if you can tell my stress level or not by how I write, but I'm so close to just saying "fuck it", you have no idea. I'm trying to help bring this community together, it's not seeming to do one single bit of good because we've spent all afternoon arguing about hozer. When you guys are ready to start dealing with the real issues with this coin, let me know. This is stressing me out too much right now.

WELL IT IS SAFE TO SAY IF HE FUCKS UP THE COIN, AND KILLS IT BY GETTING IT TAKING OFF EXCHANGES, I AM PRETTY SURE HE WILL BE KILLED, This is no longer a NEW NO VALUE coin, people have invested LOTS and I MEAN LOTS of money into this, I for one have put about £2k into it, not as much as I could and if it gets killed by him I WILL BE PISSED, and I am sure others have invested even more than me that wont find it hard to hire a hitman and think nothing of it, I am not saying it will happen but its not beond a few people capability. JUST THINK BEFORE DOING IT!

He could at the end of the day be a DEV of another coin that is annoid that his coin didn't take off and is now trying to ruin other coins because of HIS FAILURE, I hope he sees sense before it is TOO LATE
skillface

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:36:20 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM by skillface

And this is why I was saying we need more time. We need at least another full week to work this out in my opinion.

Obviously something has to be done to stop the difficulty oscillation, but it's starting to get a little hairy in here. Also there were some pretty large sales on Cryptsy over the last few hours, likely due to the discussion here.

It does appear that there is a lot more focus on the technical aspects of the coin than the actual marketing and the other aspects of the coin that are required to make the coin actually worth owning in the first place.

Not really a point to changing the coin even more if we can't create more demand to begin with. We've got a pretty sizable community (or at least we did), but it feels like most of the community here now only really cares about the technical aspects and the coin's value, rather than the 'fun' aspects. We should probably be taking some pages out of DOGE's book, if anything. Sure, DOGE's also doing pretty badly at the moment (as are most other smaller altcoins), but it's not in danger of dying at any moment because its community is absurdly large (in fact it's actually recovered a bit), due to successful marketing and the fact that it doesn't take itself as seriously as most other coins.

I really don't get it, cat memes are the lifeblood of the Internet. Why are we not focusing on that? I think before we go forking the cat yet again, we should first explore every other option available to us. We were just accepted onto CoinPayments.net, how about seeing if we can actually make use of this new resource? Pretty sure I saw people earlier in the thread providing services for Catcoins, we could probably use CoinPayments for some of that now.
Nullu

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:45:53 PM

I'm seriously starting to think we need to create an active group of investors and developers here that are all walking the same path and all singing from the same hymn sheet, because this is getting out of control.

I don't like the idea of creating a group, but clearly the majority of active investors and participants here seem to be on the same page. We need to be working together to protect this currency.

hozer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:00:19 PM

Guys, I'm not sure if you can tell my stress level or not by how I write, but I'm so close to just saying "fuck it", you have no idea. I'm trying to help bring this community together, it's not seeming to do one single bit of good because we've spent all afternoon arguing about hozer. When you guys are ready to start dealing with the real issues with this coin, let me know.

on the mining side, we don't need a few large, mercenary mining farms:  we need a baseline of hundreds, or thousands of 100-200khash users who mine catcoin casually.  this is where the stability in the network hashrate will come from.  

Confidence in catcoin will not come from obstinately, unilaterally forking the coin.  and just because anybody can fork the coin, doesn't mean that we should.  

I hope confidence will come from ethics of the developers, pools, and casual miners. I've been trying to evaluate why I'm doing this and I come back to the point that if I don't point this out now, and get some dedicated testing resources allocated beyond my own miners, someone with a profit motive will 51% the coin (http://maxminer.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ftc_51attack.pdf) at the expense of the casual miners.

I'm also doing a little bit of psychological warfare with coinhoppers, (AKA FUD), in the hopes they stay the heck away for fear that I'll fork the chain and erase their coins, and from some of the over-the-top responses I've see, it's working. The real test is what happens in 3 blocks when the difficulty drops.

At block 20999, my testnet/testfork will find out what actually happens to the dynamics of adjusting every block, and if it works right, we can do a proper release next week.
Maverickthenoob

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:02:20 PM

Can we just stop for a minute? Please? For the sake of the coin that many of us have invested hundreds or thousands of dollars into? Here's a list of the things we need to do to take this coin forward so it can continue. I'm open to more suggestions, but we really really really need to get back onto the productive conversation we were having before everybody got preoccupied.

1. We need to hear suggestions and develop those ideas into pseudo-code to see if they're viable
2. We need to simulate the suggestions in a simulator and see if they exhibit acceptable behavior, or at the very least the least destructive behavior.
3. We need to actually code the proposed fix
4. We need to actually test the code somehow to ensure it works and we need miners to commit to losing a small ammount of hash for a few hours in order to confirm this will actually fix the problem this time.
5. We need to verify the code as a community and vote that this is the method we wish to take going forward.
6. We need to announce the fork to the community and get some buzz going
7. We need to notify the exchanges and pools of the incoming fork
8. We need to execute the fork and monitor it to prevent 51% attacks and mitigate them if they happen. This may include a large % of people switching to p2pool for 48 hours to establish the new fork as correct.

I see this taking at least 10 days, and right now I feel like we're at step -12. Lets get this conversation moving int he right direction to execute these steps IN ORDER and get this coin back on the right track. I personally commit 2MH to testing hash for a period of up to 48 hours. We need more people to do the same. IF anyone disagrees with this method, please post here and state why. If I missed steps post here and state what I missed. I've had enough of this banter, we need to get on the right track. Look how active our community is! that should tell you all you need to know about the interest in Catcoin, now lets work together and actually fix it. We have some incredibly smart and talented people here, rather than wasting it, lets work together.

I'm seriously starting to think we need to create an active group of investors and developers here that are all walking the same path and all singing from the same hymn sheet, because this is getting out of control.

I don't like the idea of creating a group, but clearly the majority of active investors and participants here seem to be on the same page. We need to be working together to protect this currency.

We already have part of that group created. I've asked Nullu to join that group and I'm interested in more nominations. I personally would like to see skillface, kisa2005, kalus, kuroman, etbluv1, and strelok369 join this group. Anybody who wishes to PRODUCTIVELY discuss these changes is welcome to join #catcoin-dev on freenode (including the people I just mentioned). That is where the majority of the stakeholders I mentioned in a previous post are lodged. We want more community representation on this team, ASAP. So consider this your invitation to be a part of the future of Catcoin. All of you have stake in it, we need more like minded people in this channel. If anyone has issues with IRC PM me and I'll help you get setup.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
TheLotusPod

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:04:11 PM

And this is why I was saying we need more time. We need at least another full week to work this out in my opinion.

Obviously something has to be done to stop the difficulty oscillation, but it's starting to get a little hairy in here. Also there were some pretty large sales on Cryptsy over the last few hours, likely due to the discussion here.

It does appear that there is a lot more focus on the technical aspects of the coin than the actual marketing and the other aspects of the coin that are required to make the coin actually worth owning in the first place.

Not really a point to changing the coin even more if we can't create more demand to begin with. We've got a pretty sizable community (or at least we did), but it feels like most of the community here now only really cares about the technical aspects and the coin's value, rather than the 'fun' aspects. We should probably be taking some pages out of DOGE's book, if anything. Sure, DOGE's also doing pretty badly at the moment (as are most other smaller altcoins), but it's not in danger of dying at any moment because its community is absurdly large (in fact it's actually recovered a bit), due to successful marketing and the fact that it doesn't take itself as seriously as most other coins.

I really don't get it, cat memes are the lifeblood of the Internet. Why are we not focusing on that? I think before we go forking the cat yet again, we should first explore every other option available to us. We were just accepted onto CoinPayments.net, how about seeing if we can actually make use of this new resource? Pretty sure I saw people earlier in the thread providing services for Catcoins, we could probably use CoinPayments for some of that now.

ATTENTION!!!

I have a Kickstarter already wrote out for raising funds for a CatCoin BIllboard!

The next step before I can publish the Kickstarter is for us to agree on who will handle the kickstarter account

We need a respected member of the CatCoin community who has an Amazon payments business account in order to accept credit card Payments on top of other payment methods

It will be relativity easy for us to raise the funds needed and make cryptocurrency history!!

Lets get on this cats

meow!

Lets get on this!!!  Everyone must have just scrolled over this or missed it or something
hozer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:06:14 PM

WELL IT IS SAFE TO SAY IF HE FUCKS UP THE COIN, AND KILLS IT BY GETTING IT TAKING OFF EXCHANGES, I AM PRETTY SURE HE WILL BE KILLED, This is no longer a NEW NO VALUE coin, people have invested LOTS and I MEAN LOTS of money into this, I for one have put about £2k into it, not as much as I could and if it gets killed by him I WILL BE PISSED, and I am sure others have invested even more than me that wont find it hard to hire a hitman and think nothing of it, I am not saying it will happen but its not beond a few people capability. JUST THINK BEFORE DOING IT!

He could at the end of the day be a DEV of another coin that is annoid that his coin didn't take off and is now trying to ruin other coins because of HIS FAILURE, I hope he sees sense before it is TOO LATE

What are you, a fucking profit-drive coinhopper?

You are going to get yourself reported to various government agencies saying stupid shit like that.

Go run 'catcoind --testnet' and tell me what happens. I can easily pull the fork if some of you people will actually commit to TESTING changes instead of screaming like coinhoppers who are going to get eaten.

Join #catcoin-dev or #catcoin-test on irc, and help us fix the damn problem.

I feel like the damn guy standing in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square, wondering if some internet idiot is going to put a hit out on me because I am taking a stand on important principles.
skillface

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

We already have part of that group created. I've asked Nullu to join that group and I'm interested in more nominations. I personally would like to see skillface, kisa2005, kalus, kuroman, etbluv1, and strelok369 join this group. Anybody who wishes to PRODUCTIVELY discuss these changes is welcome to join #catcoin-dev on freenode (including the people I just mentioned). That is where the majority of the stakeholders I mentioned in a previous post are lodged. We want more community representation on this team, ASAP. So consider this your invitation to be a part of the future of Catcoin. All of you have stake in it, we need more like minded people in this channel. If anyone has issues with IRC PM me and I'll help you get setup.

Well I'm not exactly an investor or a developer, I'm just someone who got trapped by the CAT crash last week and decided to stick it out rather than cut my losses and move on. Normally I'd have done that, but I still think CAT has just as much potential as DOGE (if not more) in the long term. Though the events of the last few days have really taken their toll on my confidence in Cryptocurrency.

I'm not entirely sure I can really bring much else to the discussion other than my own point of view.
TheLotusPod

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:08:49 PM

What are you, a fucking profit-drive coinhopper?

You are going to get yourself reported to various government agencies saying stupid shit like that.

Go run 'catcoind --testnet' and tell me what happens. I can easily pull the fork if some of you people will actually commit to TESTING changes instead of screaming like coinhoppers who are going to get eaten.

Join #catcoin-dev or #catcoin-test on irc, and help us fix the damn problem.

I feel like the damn guy standing in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square, wondering if some internet idiot is going to put a hit out on me because I am taking a stand on important principles.

Can everyone just stoped arguing or take it to PMS its not constructive and if anything is just derailing the conversation -_-

Thanks Smiley
Maverickthenoob

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

Well I'm not exactly an investor or a developer, I'm just someone who got trapped by the CAT crash last week and decided to stick it out rather than cut my losses and move on. Normally I'd have done that, but I still think CAT has just as much potential as DOGE (if not more) in the long term. Though the events of the last few days have really taken their toll on my confidence.

I'm not entirely sure I can really bring much else to the discussion other than my own point of view.

To be honest that's what we really want. Different viewpoints. With that we might all agree to a system that uniquely solves our issues and once again unites our community.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
skillface

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

Code:
Program: C:\Cryptocoins\Catcoin\daemon\catcoind.exe
File: main.cpp, Line 2817

Expression: hash == hashGenesisBlock

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I.. assume that's not meant to happen? I'm not even sure how you're supposed to run it, I just tried it with Command Prompt.

Unless you need the test wallet client or something, which I don't have. Honestly I haven't been paying much attention to the development side of things, half of it goes over my head.
hozer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

Is there some sort of collective amnesia taking place? You do realise Catcoin nearly died at the last fork, right?

This is such a bad idea. Let the network decide. If you start talking to the exchanges, they're just going to delist it and be done with it.

I'm not talking to any exchanges, it would not look good for anyone. But I'd like someone with a cryptographic background to figure out how many confirmations we really do need and what to do if there's a real 51% attack.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:18:37 PM

on the mining side, we don't need a few large, mercenary mining farms:  we need a baseline of hundreds, or thousands of 100-200khash users who mine catcoin casually.  this is where the stability in the network hashrate will come from.  

Confidence in catcoin will not come from obstinately, unilaterally forking the coin.  and just because anybody can fork the coin, doesn't mean that we should.  

I hope confidence will come from ethics of the developers, pools, and casual miners. I've been trying to evaluate why I'm doing this and I come back to the point that if I don't point this out now, and get some dedicated testing resources allocated beyond my own miners, someone with a profit motive will 51% the coin (http://maxminer.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ftc_51attack.pdf) at the expense of the casual miners.
You're looking at an ever-draining pool of catcoin loyalists to run your experiments.  what you're doing in the manner you're doing won't attract new miners like we need because becuase the most ardent supporters of catcoin in this thread are confused.  a confused market is anathema to the confidence we need to build in catcoin.  We need to clearly communicate, coordinate with the pools and exchanges, and basically everything we should have done on the first fork.  

I'm also doing a little bit of psychological warfare with coinhoppers, (AKA FUD), in the hopes they stay the heck away for fear that I'll fork the chain and erase their coins, and from some of the over-the-top responses I've see, it's working. The real test is what happens in 3 blocks when the difficulty drops.
If you declare 'war' with what you think are 'coinhoppers' at the same time you are forking the coin and fracturing the community, you are fighting your battle on multiple fronts.  

the 'coinhoppers' are not an enemy to be concerned about at this point:  the aggressive way you are going against miners will have the effect of discouraging casual miners, which is the very thing we need for long term stability.  

I'm not talking to any exchanges, it would not look good for anyone. But I'd like someone with a cryptographic background to figure out how many confirmations we really do need and what to do if there's a real 51% attack.

Since the catcoin value itself is dependent on the exchanges, not coming clean with them early is a big mistake.

If even you think "it would not look good for anyone", then why are you insisting on playing this 'inside baseball'?  If you are operating sub rosa and you know it 'would not look good', then don't fucking do it!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
hozer

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

Code:
Program: C:\Cryptocoins\Catcoin\daemon\catcoind.exe
File: main.cpp, Line 2817

Expression: hash == hashGenesisBlock

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I.. assume that's not meant to happen? I'm not even sure how you're supposed to run it, I just tried it with Command Prompt.

No, that's not supposed to happen. As far as I can tell, there's no valid genesis block for the Testnet, and I've been spending too much time arguing on forums when I should probably just be figuring out how to write the code.

But I really NEED some other people involved who can code, or at least try stuff. PLEASE join irc.freenode.net #catcoin-test and #catcoin-test and we can figure out how to do this properly.
etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:19:57 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 09:34:20 PM by etblvu1

A Modest Proposal

I humbly submit this proposal for your consideration. This proposal should not be implemented without consensus in the community. It requires no complicated simulations - you can try it out yourself just looking at the blockchain and with the help of a calculator, pen, and paper. Let's try to follow an open source model to agree on an algorithm. Everyone can peer review and verify this algorithm for themselves. You don't even need to be a programmer. We can reach consensus and put Catcoin on a solid footing for growth. Try it out and see for yourself:

Step 1. Look. Look at the Catcoin blockchain and look at a few hundred of the most recent transactions (easiest, I believe, is just point the browser to www.catchain.info, and click on "500" to see the 500-at-a-time view.)
Step 2. List. Ignore the current difficulty, but make a list of recent previous difficulty numbers, until you have 8. I am doing this now, and here is what I get: 1] 29.833, 2] 63.071, 3] 45.592, 4] 26.728, 5] 98.455, 6] 24.613, 7] 62.987, 8] 44.875.
Step 3. Average. Add the eight numbers together, and divide by 8. I get 49.51925. This is our reference difficulty, which is the average of recent difficulties. Ask yourself: Would it be asking a lot to agree this is a reasonable estimate of where the difficulty should be right now?
Step 4. Compare. Compare this reference difficulty to the current difficulty, and write down "low" or "high." I am looking at the blockchain. We are at difficulty 78.951 right now. So I write down "high." If difficulty was less than 49.51925, then we would write "low." This is simply deciding if we are above or below our reference difficulty.
Step 5. Compute. One of two possible options: 1) If we wrote down "high" then we write down the current normal block reward, "50." Otherwise, we wrote down "low" and we do a simple computation and write down the result of that. We'd punch into the calculator: 50 times (current difficulty) divided by (reference difficulty), and write this down.
Step 6. Attribute. Write the words "is the current reward to create a new block" after the number you just wrote down. Ask yourself: Is it asking too much, to make the maximum reward per hashes contributed, equal to (and never greater than) what you would get when difficulty is set equal to the reference difficulty?

We can call this the LLACCA algorithm (Look, List, Average, Compare, Compute, Attribute). Until/unless this is implemented, we can express support by posting a LLACCA statement, which anyone can make by following this  formula. Here's an example of a LLACCA statement I am making now, based on looking at the current blockchain:

LLACCA: (29.833+63.071+45.592+26.728+98.455+24.613+62.987+44.875)/8 = 49.51925 REF < 78.951 CURRENT ==> 50 would be the current reward to create a new block.

LLACCA for the last difficulty was: (63.071+45.592+26.728+98.455+24.613+62.987+44.875+60.199) = 53.315 REF > 29.833 CURRENT ==> 27.97805496 would have been the reward to create a new block when difficulty was at 29.833.

I will post a LLACCA statement whenever we have a change in difficulty. I am hopeful that we can form a consensus that implementing this in the coin will eliminate incentives for coin hoppers to bother the coin, keep blocks coming about every 10 minutes, and long-term miners will get maximum rewards for their tireless effort to secure our Coin. Or anyone else can post a LLACCA statement following these simple steps. Since this is easy enough for anyone to compute and there can be consensus from everyone manually doing it, this can be considered an example of a model of open source algorithm (and as the author/inventor of the LLACCA algorithm, I hereby release this algorithm under the MIT license). I believe this is the first fully open source algorithm proposed for Catcoin, that can be peer-reviewed by even non-programmers.

I invite everyone to verify this algorithm on their own, and contemplate what this would do to the incentives for both consistent miners and coin hopping miners. Everyone is free to post alternative algorithm ideas. I suggest any algorithm we consider be open source, can be peer-reviewed by non-programmers, and MIT licensed like the BTC and CAT source code itself.

Thank you,

Etblvu1
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: