Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470643 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:48:53 AM

I just dumped 4163 cats to the buy wall this is with out a doubt the worst investment i have or ever will do in my life it cost me 2k in the course of a few days CAT coin and the fucked up people with it suck i hope tribesman sucks a dick and the  rest of you dont loose any more than you already have peace out i hate cats and will go drown some kittens now.  LOL at least i still have my humor . Embarrassed

smartest thing ive read on here in FOREVER! Smiley lol at least ur not the person who just blew 15 grand on trying to keep this dead cat afloat
someone spent $15,000 to prop up catcoin??? that entire buy wall was one person???

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeoC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:55:40 AM

I just dumped 4163 cats to the buy wall this is with out a doubt the worst investment i have or ever will do in my life it cost me 2k in the course of a few days CAT coin and the fucked up people with it suck i hope tribesman sucks a dick and the  rest of you dont loose any more than you already have peace out i hate cats and will go drown some kittens now.  LOL at least i still have my humor . Embarrassed

smartest thing ive read on here in FOREVER! Smiley lol at least ur not the person who just blew 15 grand on trying to keep this dead cat afloat
someone spent $15,000 to prop up catcoin??? that entire buy wall was one person???

Expect to see those 30,000 CATS on the sell side soon once the buyer realizes he just made a shitty investment. I'm probably going to dump before I get a chance to see that bloodbath.
etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:03:06 AM

If what you say is right, I should really try to dig up .3 BTC somewhere, sounds like I could get lots of cheap CATs right before it climbs again...

On the other hand, maybe it was a shill manipulation - a big holder could have set up a separate account to sell a bunch of CATs, and a different account to buy a bunch of CATs and create the illusion of a massive sell-off, for the cost of the transaction fee.
vondi1122

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:04:11 AM

If what you say is right, I should really try to dig up .3 BTC somewhere, sounds like I could get lots of cheap CATs right before it climbs again...
People seem to be desperate, good luck shopping:)

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:05:09 AM

Expect to see those 30,000 CATS on the sell side soon once the buyer realizes he just made a shitty investment. I'm probably going to dump before I get a chance to see that bloodbath.
not happening, as long as there are people still buying cats, also I don't think someone with that much wealth is here to make a bad investiment, it's still an investiment and there is always risk, but that doesn't anything, look at btc just 2 week ago was down to 350, and now it's back to 1k just to show that a coin can lose 70% of it value and come back strong even stronger than what it was

Those are the rules of the game, there will be winners and there will be losers, high gain high risk, that's why people never invest what they can't afford to lose, I'm holding to my cats
tabsa

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:06:00 AM

I still have all thoe coins, but I also have my skepticism since it seems like literally ANYBODY can jump in and make something to be "OFFICIAL", like the last hard fork...

It didn't happen like that. Go back and read this thread. The official fork was decided by the community (and not any one person) with at least one pool taking it in the chin for the greater good. This is a healthy coin with a healthy community. It only needs to survive the panic.

I was here almost the whole time (Ok, I had a sleep and did some more important things, but I checked in regularly and I was active when it really mattered.)
Somebody merely suggested the idea of a hard fork and after that, it was only a matter of minutes until some people (who are not official developers but still have something to do with the coin and thus have pretty loud voices and big tubes to scream through for most of the interested parties) stated that the fork is official and where you can find the informations and even a time counter to be ready (let alone the fact, that the actual fork was based on the block number, and said counter wasn't estimated from block times...). Here comes a sleep and a long driving in bad weather for me, and yah, the fork is now actually official, what a surprise!

The fork was not merely suggested, it was pretty obvious that catcoin will die if retarget is not fixed, so everyone got together and fixed it. Everyone can, and is welcome to contribute, promote it, make pools or services for it, upgrade it (catcoin code is opensource).

Everyone can suggest and make  a change, thats why we are all here, trying to make catcoin better. Just like during the bitcoin fork, first ones to spot problems, and take action were pool admins (thanks to trixisowned - admin of http://catpool.pw/).

Lets get together and build a big future for catcoin Smiley

Best community mining pools: 0% fee, stratum, PPLNS, fast dedicated servers, great support
  Dogecoin    http://teamdoge.com      Catcoin    http://teamcatcoin.com   
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamdoge        https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamcatcoin
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:06:25 AM

its gone from near .001 where i dumped all my initial coins i mined  to .0014 for maybe 20 minutes in which time you could have never unloaded more than 50 coins, strate to the ground.. this coin has never been going anywhewere but down how can it climb "again"'?

and you say as long as people are buying cats..who is buying cats? nobody! clearly..ive been watching cryptsy..and like i said before the fork cause more coins to flood the market dropping the price even more! today their has been 2 people with walls of 10-12 btc that got eaten through within hours..nobody is buying but a few people that probably had those buys in the llast week thinking this coin might have a chance...it doesnt anymore
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:08:40 AM

i avoided peeking in this thread for 2 days hoping for some good news.  we've had a fork, we've had another fork, drama at the catcoinforums inflation/choke/plummet whatever in the catcoin price, and poker.  also, some grocery store is now accepting catcoins.  and we're getting a billboard!  we survived the fork!

i'm really sad someone lost $15,000 real dollars on catcoin. 

If we are not at $5 a coin by 5pm EST on January 5th, I am filing a class action lawsuit.

wow

vondi1122

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:13:41 AM

Someone with deep pockets is gambling on cat, problem?

Edit: Why is everyone actually so pessimistic and hateful? Isn't a loss of 70% over the days such new in the crypto world?

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:19:13 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 02:38:31 AM by kalus

Someone with deep pockets is gambling on cat, problem?
emotion police?

Officer, i feel sad that someone would lose 15,000 on a pump-and-dump currency manipulation.  

don't throw me in the waaaamubulance.

Edit: Why is everyone actually so pessimistic and hateful? Isn't a loss of 70% over the days such new in the crypto world?
edit:  a loss of 70% is not new, but a loss of 70% when it was basically fortold by the black cats in the thread meant that it was avoidable.

e.g.

That was already "official" long before the developer or the rest of the community had any chance to say anything about it. It only took a few people who agreed and had the loudest voices here to make it "official". The rest of the people didn't really have a choice, but accept it. That wasn't fun! That was actually really scary! That's why I was so deeply against the fork idea! But, of course, it happened anyway, and it happened at light speed, no less.

Scary investments don't make for fertile opportunities.

the fork was seemingly 'essential', and perhaps it was.  however, it happened without the consent of the silent majority of people that had originally signed onto this coin.  however, an additional fork just occurred after the planned fork, and this choked the momentum regained by the coin. 

people are 'pessimistic' because many people didn't go into what happened willingly.  the timeframe to the first fork was so compressed (2 days!) we were still arguing over the parameters of the new coin right up until the fork.  then there wasn't enough organisation between the pools to prevent a 51% fork after the original fork.  dogecoin went through a fork less than 24 hours ago, and it was barely a ripple.  catcoin just went through two forks in as many days.  many of the miners that we were supposed to attract to the coin again left because of that second fork.  That shakes investor confidence in the coin.  

people are 'hateful' maybe because they feel they were manipulated by the sudden drop in difficulty resulting in an influx of newly minted, easy-to-make catcoins.  it was like the pre-fork coins are worth X, and they were devalued by the semi-reboot.  because they felt they didn't get a say in such a short time period before the fork was implemented by developer, they felt pulled along and taken by the second dump of cheap catcoins.  

now, i'm not your problem here.  i still have all of the catcoins i mined at the beginning, so i am maintaining the 'value'.  I'm being realistic about my investment, and yes, i'm sad that people lost real money today on catcoin's flux because it was avoidable.  

vondi1122

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:39:18 AM

Well, i agree a lot went wrong, but the fundamentals are still the same. It's a shock for all i guess.

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:43:30 AM

Well, i agree a lot went wrong, but the fundamentals are still the same. It's a shock for all i guess.
I think the best thing to do is just leave it alone.  whoever wants to mine lets make sure they have a group of pools working together instead of trying to compete for the biggest hashsize.  about the worst thing we can do is pick at catcoin with manipulative sell walls and competitive mining cartels. 

cooperation, not competition will hopefully give catcoin a longer life than if we are competing within catcoin.  besides that, all speculator and daytrading talk is nothing but destructive to the coin; maybe move that off for now to a separate thread (or that catcoinforums).  we just need to relax about the coin, and get rich slowly. As the short-term opportunists leave the coin it will stabilise to a valuation that is sustainable.  

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:44:13 AM

I don't see how this could have been avoided. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the coin was suffering a slow death due to a ridiculous difficulty wall that we would have never climbed had the fork not taken place. The coin was already at 0.0005 just before the fork. Now it's at 0.00033. It was bound to drop due to the next dump.

Hashrate has barely taken a dip. It's still almost double what it was before the fork, and difficulty change from 62 to 37 in 3 blocks, so not sure what will happen. This coin still has a small supply, and it's still being mined and talked about.

I'm buying back in at 0.0002. I haven't lost a great deal. About 0.2 BTC, but if I sold when it was at its peak I'd have about 1.5 BTC right now instead of 0.4. It's always a gamble. I'm not ready to write the coin off yet, so I'm keeping a very close eye on it. There is still support behind the coin, but I'm not sure how the new difficulty adjustment is going to affect things long term.

The news just broke today that the coingen site that allows you to make altcoins easily was made by a bitcoin developer. It appears to be a deliberate attempt to kill the market. We are being bombarded with altcoins on a daily basis. It's becoming an utter circus. Only a few altcoins are going to survive through it, I think. I would like to see Catcoin develop a community and ride through the storm. I think the survivors are the ones that will do well. Catcoin's in a harsh environment indeed.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:54:07 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 03:10:39 AM by kalus

I don't see how this could have been avoided. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the coin was suffering a slow death due to a ridiculous difficulty wall that we would have never climbed had the fork not taken place. The coin was already at 0.0005 just before the fork. Now it's at 0.00033. It was bound to drop due to the next dump.

we should have taken a week to talk about it, and had plans in place to keep all of the pools in step.  2 days, as Janos0666 pointed out, was not long enough time to address some major concerns about the fork.

even i'm now agreeing the fork was ultimately necessary.  what i am disagreeing with is how quickly it occurred. No foresight was needed for this observation of unease from a silent majority.  if we had even taken 5 days to discuss options and make plans we'd have been better off.  we lost a few very loyal supporters simply becuase we moved fast for no obvious benefit.  

Catcoin's in a harsh environment indeed.
In such a harsh environment, catcoin can't make missteps.  This is why many of us suggested putting the brakes on before the fork, to talk about everything.  you claim everything comes in hindsight, but no hindsight is needed to anticipate the organisation needed to make the first fork run smoothly.  

e.g.

Ok, we also need protection against gigahash pools jumping in at low difficulties, how can this be done?

We need to put major hashing power into the Catcoin network, right before the difficulty adjustment takes place. I don't know the technical details, but I imagine if we purchase hashing power an estimated 24 hours before the change in difficulty is to occur, it should moderate the adjustment downward, and prevent it from going into miner-dumper bait territory. Also, making the next difficulty adjustment modest, should in turn cause the difficulty adjustment after that to be modest, too, and we may go a long way towards stabilizing the coin, at least until the value goes up significantly.

Anyone have more technical information on at what time interval the measurement is taken, that the difficulty adjustment is based on? And good resources to buy temporary raw hashing power?

you yourself asked before the fork about mitigation strategies for the difficulty change, and etblvu1 responded with a proactive solution.

little hindsight is needed when you stated the problem, and someone provided the solution.  unfortunately, there was noone to corral the pools, the difficulty slammed down, and the fork was split becuase of a 51% winner-fucks-all inter-hashpool competition.  

this was just one aspect of the fork that we thought through ahead of time.  we should have been marching in step.

The news just broke today that the coingen site that allows you to make altcoins easily was made by a bitcoin developer.
that's hardly news at all. And i provided the guys name the same day coingen was released, right in this thread.  (it was the URL).  

Additionally, the researchers most able to write the software for coingen would probably be someone from the crypto community.  no surprise there either.

I have absolutely no care to have an us vs. them, bitcoin vs. altcoin rivalry.  I own both, but i could give a shit if a single altcoin, or all altcoin fail because someone decided to write some software.  the code has always been open, and this requires little foresight or imagination what it would eventually lead to.  

just like the auto-switching pools, the coingen site is merely moving the natural process of cryptocurrency along a little faster, nothing more.  this too shall pass, but a bitter fait awaits the person who decides to fight the incoming tide.  

skillface

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:58:49 AM

In spite of everything that's happened, I still firmly believe that Catcoin is one of the only Altcoins that has a real chance of surviving this crash (people seem to keep forgetting that CAT is NOT the only coin that dropped by a huge amount over the last week, and it would have dropped far lower if it weren't for the fork). Its status as the Scrypt Bitcoin and its strong community will see it rise back up to new highs soon enough.

I'm starting to think that those pushing for people to sell at the moment have a vested interest in doing so (whether it be to drop the price down further so that they can load up on CAT themselves because they see the bigger picture or as an attempt to kill off one of the only Altcoins that actually stand a chance long-term).
Maverickthenoob

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:07:31 AM

we should have taken a week to talk about it, and had plans in place to keep all of the pools in step.  2 days, as Janos0666 pointed out, was not long enough time to address some major concerns about the fork.

even i'm now agreeing the fork was ultimately necessary.  what i am disagreeing with is how quickly it occurred. No foresight was needed for this observation of unease from a silent majority.  if we had even taken 5 days to discuss options and make plans we'd have been better off. 

I'm not exactly sure whet there was to talk about exactly,. We were losing like 35% of network hash per day. PER DAY. Does you think catcoin would have survived another week at that rate? Hindsight is 20-20 but you guys are delusional if you think that immediate action wasn't necessary.

Also, the fork was yesterday. Calm Down. I think this point needs emphasizing, one sec:

THE. FORK. WAS. YESTERDAY.           CALM.              DOWN.

Most of the coins are down like 50%+, the fact that catcoin is still alive and lost only roughly 0.00015-0.0002 (~20%-25%) from pre-fork prices (~0.0005-0.00055 BTC) should tell you that we actually did OK. You guys need to calm down and let the market react too. The difficulty will adjust is 3 blocks, that should breathe some more hash onto the network as well, and the swings shouldn't be so violent now. Stop being so ADD and hold out a little bit. Trust me on this.

Source: I have ADD. Calm Down.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
ambethia

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:14:19 AM

Source: I have ADD. Calm Down.

Same. Patience, friends.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:15:25 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 03:25:28 AM by kalus

I'm not exactly sure whet there was to talk about exactly,.
getting all of the pools in cooperation for one would have been one.  in fact, someone did mention that very issue in the thread before the fork.

i mentioned above etblvu1 and vondi1222 were also discussing proactive strategies above.  there was lots we could have talked about.

one big fucking sign we didn't have enough time was the discussions over block rewards, times, and general coin parameters UP TO FORK BLOCK.  that should have been decided days before, and as some have pointed out, a handful of individuals did make up their minds for everyone.  if we had talked a bit more, there would be less bitter taste in some people's mouths that this was a manipulation.

We were losing like 35% of network hash per day. PER DAY. Does you think catcoin would have survived another week at that rate?
if you put it that way^^^^, yes:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes#Paradoxes_of_Motion

Hindsight is 20-20 but you guys are delusional if you think that immediate action wasn't necessary....THE. FORK. WAS. YESTERDAY.           CALM.              DOWN.

so let me put it into context: you say that there's nothing to freak out about because the fork was yesterday, and to calm down and not rush to judgement.

all i'm saying is the coin was about a week old when the first fork was attempted, and for us to calm down and discuss it, and not rush to act.

we agree that we needed to calm down, but many of us wanted to have a calm discussion BEFORE THE FORK,             NOT AFTER.

now, we all have to pick up the pieces of a clusterfuck.

pussy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:17:49 AM

I say again: Crypto trading ain't for pussies. It's for cats! Bye bye pussy. You won't be missed. You've already lost 2.5 BTC. Being nice, I would say hold on to your BTC... Somehow I see you losing a whole lot more with your trading strategies.
Grin

One day you're going to make a bad trade and lose a lot of money. I hope people treat you with a little more respect than you treat others, because nobody's going to sympathise with a lowlife who takes pleasure in other people's misery.

Of the two of you, Pussy seems richer to me.

No amount of money is going to stop you from being a dick.

Off for the night now, just popped in after seeing seeing Tribesman acting like a petulant child who just won a musical chairs contest. Pathetic.

I've taken many losses trading cryptos, and I've also made many gains. What I didn't do was go to the coin thread and start cussing when I took on a loss. They were MY decisions. I learned to live with them.

I'm only a dick to those who make me take off my trousers.

And pussy, I DOUBT you'd make a sound if you saw me in person, so shhh...

I dont bullshit and i promise i would make you my bitch you have no idea i can be certain of that.  You are db and I would love the opportunity to discuss trading statagies with you in person
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:19:07 AM

I dont bullshit and i promise i would make you my bitch you have no idea i can be certain of that.  
lol do u even lift bro

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: