Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin?  (Read 1876 times)
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:16:45 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?
It's your money involve and you have the right to do what you want on your bitcoin. Sometimes you need to decide how long will you hold and how much is your target profits to let it go. I admire your patience and control of your emotions not to panic and sell it when it hit at $20k.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
jennyhoang293

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:26:06 AM

Those who are holding now will be glad but I just always say to myself that being attached to some coin or card is very bad in a business and investment perspective. I always wanted to see at least a small amount of money on my wallet
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 05:59:50 AM

Being emotional in trading is not a good idea because the primary aim here is to make money so selling at a high price and buying at the dip should not be attach with emotions. Just my own way of reasoning.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:31:27 PM

I don’t really think about it, my focus are how many and the price that might be the focus of every Bitcoin holder. But it's only natural that you used to work hard to buy Bitcoin and now it might be a success or at least the price is higher than 2 years ago, it could be a sign that your decision is right.

It’s normal to feel like that as long as it doesn’t jump further than that. As I used to save to buy game console, I feel proud because it’s mine and I have worked hard for it, but don’t let the pride disturb or obstructing our life, if you really need money then sell your beloved Bitcoin.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:37:06 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

how can you distinguish your first bitcoin from another one? do you separate your wallet?
pedropenduko001

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:11:06 PM

Emotionally bound is not really good because at first you bought bitcoin to gain profit in the future or even use it online if you don't want to sell it for money that's bitcoin supposed to be
btcdarkfanboi

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:23:54 PM

yeah it's normal to feel some sort of sentimental but then what is your point in buying that bitcoin?.
i mean we bought it to gain profit and use it online or sell it for fiat
kfor01

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:39:32 PM

no, i don't get emotionally attached to bitcoin because it's an asset that i use to get more profit. 
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:12:20 PM

I wouldn't say emotionally bound, but for me, I think it's more on just the plain strategy of holding it to wait for the best time to dispose it for profit. Many of us has been patiently waiting for the day when it would again surge and regain whatever value it lost in the past several months, just like what happened last year. I think that since that has been the prevailing trend for Bitcoin in the passed years, many people are hinging on the hope that that would happen again, and for me, that's why many of us try to hold onto our Bitcoins.
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:14:39 PM

No i'm not because i need to sell it XD because that's the reason i bought it at first to gain profit and use it for online payments or buying anything online
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:04:31 PM

I think this is just an asset that you don't need to get attached to) It's just money)
Sometimes it is good to be emotionally attached on your asset because it will be hard for you to sell it so it will stay and become profitable when it gets more expensive in the future but the thing is, it is money that can be used in time. But sometimes when you put it to risk to invest, you can have profit for it and make it grow.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

This happens for most that are valuing their bitcoin that they are holding like me but it's not only about the emotion.

There are times that I have to sell few of it in case that I need some cash to spend to with something which is also important. Good to those that kept it and never spent their bitcoins. You're doing a great job of holding it, I hope you can hold it until the price goes to 5-6 digits again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thepers0n

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:22:27 PM

I think no. It's just an investment and it should give you benefit. We should analyze everything and do necessary things with our money and investments.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:32:36 PM

I’m holding on to my first Bitcoins also. My plan are to hodl  my first bitcoin for 10 years or more. And when I got my first altcoins, I bought them with new Fiat money, so I didn’t need to sell my first Bitcoin, I think I’m also emotionally connected to my first BTC.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:37:37 PM

I feel like we somehow are connected. When I cling to something, I will never let go of it. But that is not my case with Bitcoin due to my need of money. I am glad that you managed to hold your bitcoin for a long time and I hope your patience will be rewarded with a good profit in the future. Therefore, keep holding your bitcoin and never lose faith in it. Good luck!
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:03:36 PM

I think no. It's just an investment and it should give you benefit. We should analyze everything and do necessary things with our money and investments.
For me bitcoin is not something that you have to attached with that much because there is moment that has to used it for your own good. I sell bitcoin because I help my family on our expenses which make as free for financial problem and have something to save for myself for future. Bitcoin can earn in any other way and you have to make it more profitable than keeping it because the price is very volatile for you not to regret and make high volume.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 11:29:56 PM

For me bitcoin is not something that you have to attached with that much because there is moment that has to used it for your own good. I sell bitcoin because I help my family on our expenses which make as free for financial problem and have something to save for myself for future. Bitcoin can earn in any other way and you have to make it more profitable than keeping it because the price is very volatile for you not to regret and make high volume.
Been emotional towards crypto currency is one of the worst thing a cryptonier must do. Although, that bought btc during the last 2years time won't be affected much in terms of profit but every thing about the market work with time.

Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:41:56 PM

It's not wise to make an emotional connection. The more the price falls, the more you lose and the more psychological damage you experience. In such things, emotional links cause you to miss opportunities.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:46:00 PM

When you bought bitcoin last few years ago and Until now you still holding this coin you will get more profit once the price increase very high. Better to relax And do what ever you want and you will see the price increasing again.
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:48:39 AM

I can be regarded as an emotionally bound to bitcoin, but i sell it when price rising and i buy it back when price drops. Investment and sentimentality aren't a good pair.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: