Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin?  (Read 1876 times)
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:41:21 PM

I understand what you mean cryptojack. You all know the golden rule that emotions should not be a part of our trades and decisions when it comes to trading, but sometimes it's just too hard to sell something after all the great memories that you had with this certain cryptocurrency or whatever thing it is  Cheesy It's sad, but it's true. Once you sell it tho, you know that there is no going back and trust me, with time you'll start to feel better again. In the crypto world it's all about decisions, decisions and decisions.
isabuhay

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

You own that bitcoin, most especially that is your first bitcoin. But the most important thing is that you own it. So you can do all you want to it. But practically saying, its much better to trade it so that you can earn more bitcoin.
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

So fare I have only sold bitcoins for altcoins, so trading only, and most of the time when I buy altcoins with bitcoins I use new fiat to buy the same amount in bitcoins or sometimes even more.

My plan are to hodl my bitcoins the next 10-15 years or more.
Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?
There are investors like you who have that kind of attachment to their first investment. We don't have the same way of attachment because I did HODL before but decided to use it to fulfill a dream. But I am happy with my decision. We all have a different way of using or hodling our crypto assets. And I am glad that there are HODLERS.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

I think that this depends on the individual investment strategy. Someone is always buying bitcoin all the time. And someone can buy cheaper, then sell expensive, and then buy again cheaper.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Idea is good. You can save 1 bitcoin for memory and after 10-20 years give your private key to your children.
This will be prize!
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

It has nothing to do with emotions on weather to sell your bitcoins or not, it all depends on your trading goals. Do you intend to hold for long or sell at short interval. If your strategy is a long term profit, then is ok to leave it for long before selling.
Nachoo

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 04:53:59 PM

Bitcoin is money. I don't usually get attached to money. I don't even understand being emotionally attached to a Bitcoin: it's digital, you can't put behind a piece of glass like you can do with your first penny or else. You can keep it, hoping that, I don't know, maybe one day the whole wallet will be valuable due its date
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

Bitcoin is a risky currency and being too much attached with it wont be good in the long run as it will go through ups and downs and it could take a toll on your health. Also Bitcoin isn't regulated yet so there is going to be some struggle and fight until then. I hope you at least sell Bitcoin worth your initial investment.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

Some people keep their first banknotes they have earned doing their first jobs so maybe it makes sense to keep your first Bitcoin if you are getting a salary in crypto instead of fiat that is. Otherwise I wouldn't be too emotional about some virtual token whose main purpose is speculative trading. Physical Bitcoin coins are nice though. I would keep one of those  Grin
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:08:47 PM

It has nothing to do with emotions on weather to sell your bitcoins or not, it all depends on your trading goals. Do you intend to hold for long or sell at short interval. If your strategy is a long term profit, then is ok to leave it for long before selling.
This is right, so depends on your goals if selling or holding long term. Even we invest for the for the very first time in bitcoin it is our own decisions if we are going to hold for long term to have our own profit. The important is never be greedy because it will affects our profit.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:11:52 PM

I understand what you're talking about, but if bitcoin suddenly becomes a Scam then all the feelings evaporate as well as the artificially created HYIP around cryptocurrency in 2017. It's obvious, buddy.)

Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:14:36 PM

Some people keep their first banknotes they have earned doing their first jobs so maybe it makes sense to keep your first Bitcoin if you are getting a salary in crypto instead of fiat that is. Otherwise I wouldn't be too emotional about some virtual token whose main purpose is speculative trading. Physical Bitcoin coins are nice though. I would keep one of those  Grin
How can I store bitcoin? This is in fact not owned THE very FIRST BITCOIN. It's just digital data on the world wide web and nothing more. So I think the emotional attachment here is excessive.

Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 05:35:17 PM

I, personally, don't get so much attached to bitcoin as I realize that it's  just some sequence of code, but I still prefer holding it for ideological reasons. I believe that bitcoin should eventually replace fiat money and my holding of the coin is and act of support. 

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:41:30 PM

I think that an investor, you should not put much of your own feelings into the virtual currency you invest, it is important that investors make a profit from it. I think you keep bitcoin for 2 years is a good thing and now it has helped you make a lot of profit with it.

AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:45:58 PM

I think it's pretty much normal to feel emotionally attached to things that are very sentimental to you, bitcoin or not.

It's totally okay. Who knows, when in extreme emergencies it can also be your life saver.
genlocy

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:57:48 PM

I think business is not bound to emotionally,buy,sell,hold and profit is the main thing of treading system so emotion is not main fact ,profit is the main thing  in business.
Saritelli

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

This is correct, I think its price has increased very much in this time, but it will be even more! Also, I really think it's important to keep bitcoin, I think it changed your life greatly!
AlexAce420

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:36:30 PM

I've always been quite emotional of letting go of my bitcoin when doing trading. I believe people have some emotional attachment to every first thing. When I am trying to sell, I definitely don't sell everything because I feel bad when I sell it. I always want to see at least a small amount on my wallet. I know that too much emotion is not good to handle well the business. But when it will be urgent for me to sell, I will sell it. I am not emotionally attached but it's just that I want to gain more profits.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:37:08 PM

Some people use to buy memorable gift from his first month salary.You had such emotion with the bitcoin ,which you had brought first.I had sold my first brought bitcoin for dollars and holding 1$ from that trade with emotionally bound till now.It will be common among the people.Nothing wrong with this holding bitcoin,but you have to trade continuously for the profit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄