Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I never sold my First bitcoin. Are you also emotionally bound to bitcoin?  (Read 1876 times)
AAfunctionaluppityF

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

Yes, I have.. But I also need money to live on this planet Cheesy
So, if I need to sell some of my coins, I do it and I don't regret it, because it was needed.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:11:56 AM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

Also, is it a good thing to be emotionally attached so much to Bitcoins?
in the world of cryptocurrency trade especially bitcoin will indeed cause emotional feelings. Because dipikiran we between selling or holding it thing that depends on the lust on ourselves. You are a great person who can muffle this emotional dam and trade
Well to be honest we get really attached to whatever we are holding for a long time be it shares or cryptos or any kind of physical stuff , but for the investors and traders money speaks louder then emotions a serious trader will always have respect towards the crypto or whatever he is dealing with but won’t get emotionally attached to it , at the end money matters more then emotions.
Jeffpod

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

Depends on your financial situation. If no extra money is needed better to keep holding your bitcoin.  Crypto is just starting and soon it will be used online and locally more often. 
werner52911

Activity: 457
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:18:19 AM

You should see the bitcoin for what it is. Either as an investment object or as a payment coupon.

Similar to other investments, this is a very tough business.
In my opinion there is no room for emotional feelings.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:19:45 AM

For me,not necessarily.I just invest my money in bitcoin with hope that i can save it myself and use it later while gaining profit in the way.The sentiment is good and all,but don't let it make more trouble for you.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:59:35 AM

It has been 2 years that I bought my First bitcoin. I have never been able to sell or trade it. Is it only me who is emotionally binded or does this happened with anyone else?

If this is your first investment in any kind of investments then yes its normal to be attached a bit with the bitcoin , but for us the old traders it was nothing more than mere money and profit and I just sold it off for the profit but I remember the date and the first transaction of my crypto exchange.

cryptos are really very fun and adventurous to handle , profit is just the second part of it , the first thing is the fun involved in the whole process of trading whether you buy or mine it.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

I dont own much as I entered so late (by your entry point), so if someone has entered that early as you, they can have the staying power as the current price is at least 10-30x from the entry point, but if someone bought like me around the last bull run, sometimes it is too hard, but I guess if someone really believes bitcoin is going to be the digital gold one day when blockchain applications is what internet applications today, then those who are holding now would be so happy !
The thing you are speaking about blockchain applications being what Internet applications is today will definitely happen according to me but the point is when..Huh in 1 year , 2 years , 5 years or 20 years , it will happen and the bitcoin or crypto holders will stuck gold but the time will decide the price it is pretty useless to hold a bitcoin for 20-25 years and keep on waiting for such days to hit gold rather I will cashout as soon as I see some good profit of my cryptos.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:19:15 AM

To me in business is not bound to emotionally. Only the right look at the price? Sell or not to sell? If selling words or holes? There is a need for investment in bitcoin.
Same for me emotions and business are two different things and cant mix properly if they do then the consequences to the profits and losses can be drastic , getting emotionally attached to our shares or cryptos can harm our pockets pretty hard , well respecting the existence of cryptos and crypto trade I will love to hold and sell them at profit rather then getting emotionally attached to them.
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:51:55 AM

Bitcoin has become a part of me since i started joining in this forum. It changed my life a lot as to the way i look in the future as far as financial worries are concern. It made me a better person on how to manage my time and crypto assets but there are really tough times that i never expect to happen that i know selling my bitcoin is the only last resort that i have to sort things of. But fortunately, the dip of 5,000$ has signaled me to buy bitcoin again and im happy holding it now.

wowveryusername

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

Why don't you just try it, it could make you better if it was on a drop, yeah noone want the drops show up but it could give you a better emotion, the freedoms without fears or scares.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:17:32 PM

I do not think there is quite the point in holding them anything else than profit, my personal emotion is almost negligible to business.
Only thing that keeps me from selling is the current price and probably questioning my faith on the potential of bitcoin like "what if the price will be higher, there is better amount of profit - stuff", none other than that including emotional bond is not really in my mind.
Lalapo08

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Indeed I can not deny if you are so in love and do not want to lose your bitcoin. I appreciate you that you are a loyal person in keeping bitcoin for long term. But emotionally, it is not good, I see yourself as a rigid person. You should be a flexible person only. You can play more actively with your bitcoin. You can sell your bitcoin when the price soars and buy again when the price is down and easy to reach. It is more profitable for you than you are too rigid to keep hold of your bitcoin then I am afraid if you hold bitcoin until bitcoin is not worth anymore.
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

Why will i be emotionally bound to bitcoin in the first place we are talking about money here and its to serve the purpose to for which the investments were made. I love the business trading and selling  to make profits
osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:56:32 PM

If for over 2 years you've not been able to sell your bitcoin, then what really are you up to. This is more than emotional, you've gat your own plans. As at the last few months of 2017, the price moved to a peak point. Its good defeating your emotions.

I am emotional too, but not to this point of not selling out of it. At the price of $12k, I'll take a short for a profit or diversify for more profits.
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

Same here buddy, I have been holding my first bitcoin I bought from coinbase since the beginning of June, 2017. Am not planning on selling any time soon, am beginning to think am also emotionally attached to it. I think I will hodl for a long time to come maybe the next 5 years who knows, when the price has markedly rose to unimaginable heights.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:57:37 PM

Well i am not that attached to holding bitcoin. It was needed at some point and i had to use it. For you holding might be good for you until the day the price goes up and you have to sell and make huge profit out of it.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
vagsun

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:15:14 AM

Its very obvious that a person is emotionally attached to his/her investment. But the attachment should be limited to some extent only. Definitely a person makes investments to enjoy profits, so if you are so much emotionally bound to your investment than definitely it will become a hurdle and would not let you earn higher profits. If you are so much emotionally attached to your bitcoins than later on when you will be in need of money, you would not be able to sell your crypto.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:45:46 AM

Yes. I'm emotionally bound to my bitcoins and many people know about it. It could be considered as some kind of addiction. I obviously try to spend some of bitcoins from time to time but I don't do it often. I'm waiting for the price to be much higher than today but I guess that it will be still difficult for me to spend BTC which I have been keeping for years.

Brrobbins

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:54:05 AM

i have greater attachment to altcoin, than btc, even though I bought btc for less 500$. I sell Bitcoin next pump
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

Whenever there's an opportunity, I tend to sell bitcoins. I never care to my bitcoins. Once I profited a lot. I sell. That's my rule. I agreed to what I did because look at right now, there are a lot of downs on bitcoin. I sold mine at 19k Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: