Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014  (Read 1106496 times)
KlondikeBear

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:09:22 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 11:38:34 AM by KlondikeBear

Taking off sell orders is not price manipulating.
Sometimes when there is a stock market crisis, government officially asks people not to sell their shares. Banks, they ask not to cancel deposits sometimes.

Moon now is still very underestimated, not in theory, but in fact, as its capitalization used to be higher than 4 mln USD (with supply 24 bln MOON only then) https://web.archive.org/web/20140125114041/http://coinmarketcap.com/
Current market cap is about $150,000.  

So even better would be to set sell moratorium till market cap is $4 mln again. I think we all would be surprised at how fast price could grow if people just didn't sell soon after they had bought and had seen 10-15% profit. But it's impossible because people fear and want quick money even if this money is just few dollars.
I think even 72 hour sell moratorium not all people would withstand, as an experiment, that's interesting, even just to test yourself.

the Nash equilibrium?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mooncoin_Foundation

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:28:40 PM

I have yet to sell a single coin that I have mined.
SgtMoth, thank you for your faith.
You probably know that Mooncoin is not P&D coin at all, price is really volatile sometimes though.
jaipagare, thank your for your coming back and good feedback on sell moratorium.
redjedievolution, thank you for your support.

Thank you all for feedbacks and for cancelling sell orders.

Mooncoin_Foundation

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:40:16 PM

Announcement:
72 Hrs Mooncoin sell moratorium

In order to defend PoW nature of Mooncoin, to support price and to attract miners, we declare Mooncoin 72 Hrs sell moratorium.
From Thursday, 21 May 18:00 GMT till Sunday, 24 May 18:00 GMT
If you want to support Mooncoin, and test yourselves, please cancel your Mooncoin sell orders and refrain from selling Mooncoin at all during this period.

jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:45:02 PM

Announcement:
72 Hrs Mooncoin sell moratorium

In order to defend PoW nature of Mooncoin, to support price and to attract miners, we declare Mooncoin 72 Hrs sell moratorium.
From Thursday, 21 May 18:00 GMT till Sunday, 24 May 18:00 GMT
If you want to support Mooncoin, and test yourselves, please cancel your Mooncoin sell orders and refrain from selling Mooncoin at all during this period.

Manual regression testing. I liked it.
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:13:46 PM

Buy on cryptsy and Sell in the street  Shocked

@MooncoinItalia: Buy the #future! Make friends millionaire ! MoonCoin  ! https://t.co/4pKNhYlAyR #altcoin #cryptocurency #educacion #payments #smartcities

http://dc-charts.com/chart_moon.php?ex=2&cu=4&sw=4&tz=6&ar=0&dl=0&sc=0&js=1&re=0

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 02:21:02 PM

i only buy!

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:29:14 PM

Hahah, me too. Volume is drying a lot.
Only sellers at ask

Andrea you know how much are in longterm hands?

i only buy!

All is an illusion, there is only energy flowing
redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:00:35 PM

wow big wall at 50 litoshi  Cheesy

All is an illusion, there is only energy flowing
agswinner
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

Total used addresses:    655248
Total funded addresses:    44411
Total empty addresses:    610837

Titan

Activity: 261

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:29:56 AM

Announcement:

Mooncoin Foundation was created by volunteers with a purpose to help developers and to support Mooncoin.
If you want to join us or to share your ideas on how we all can help and support Mooncoin development, please PM, or leave your comments.

Hello Mooncoin!

I'd like to join the Mooncoin Foundation!

1) I can offer deterministic Gitian builds for the Mooncoin wallet to improve wallet security and trust.
2) I can also support the wallet development with unique features like advanced checkpointing (ACP) that is now available for the 0.9.x wallet series.

Titan

Hello, Titan, thank you, you know you're welcome!
1) When do you plan to complete Gitian builds with up to date nodes?
2) Can you explain please to Mooncoin users what ACP is.

1) I have already done an experimental Gitian Mooncoin build during the security audit some weeks back.
Some things in the source code have to be cleaned up a bit, strings renamed, etc. to make it ready for prime time.
The Gitian builds can be signed by multiple developers to make sure the binaries are ok and no one is sneaking any malicious code into the wallet. The Gitian build system setup tends to be a bit complicated, so it is not much used in the altcoin community.
I have to review the source code again to be able to set some dates for a release.

2) I'll discuss ACP in a reply below to keep the topics separated.

Titan
Titan

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:19:35 AM

Announcement:

Mooncoin Foundation was created by volunteers with a purpose to help developers and to support Mooncoin.
If you want to join us or to share your ideas on how we all can help and support Mooncoin development, please PM, or leave your comments.

Hello Mooncoin!

1) I can offer deterministic Gitian builds for the Mooncoin wallet to improve wallet security and trust.
2) I can also support the wallet development with unique features like advanced checkpointing (ACP) that is now available for the 0.9.x wallet series.

Titan

What is Advanced Checkpointing?
Advanced Checkpointing allows us to send out checkpoints without having to redistribute the Feathercoin software. This works by having a 'master node' which checkpoints each block it sees on the network protecting it from the attacker. This checkpoint is then picked up by all the other clients on the network which will then ignore any blocks generated by a 51% attack. This protects merchants from transaction reversal and miners from losing their newly minted coins. With Advanced Checkpointing, Feathercoin becomes the most secure of all the Scrypt cryptographic currencies.

is this it?

http://www.coindesk.com/feathercoin-secures-block-chain-advanced-check-pointing/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/6263/feathercoin-interview-with-peter-bushnell/ (see below in the interview, where they cover ACP)

One thing to keep in mind: using one central node as the reference for the checkpoints is the opposite of decentralization.
Maybe we should develop a better system to overcome 51% attacks? I'm still wondering, whether it would be a good idea to change from mining to staking in that regard (also if you think about protecting the environment, as mining pulls a lot of electricity)? What do you all here think about that? Any other ideas?

Hello Mooncoin!

There are a couple comments in place regarding ACP.

1) First of all ACP originates form Peercoin, the original proof of stake (POS) coin.
Thus every POS coin has ACP built in! Not every POS coin has the master node set up.

2) Feathercoin ported the ACP code from Peercoin to work with POW after the network suffered a severe attack.
Shortly thereafter I integrated the ACP code into the Luckycoin wallet with permission form Sunnyking.
The system is now working for nearly 2 years without failure.
While the Luckycoin certainly got its fair share of sometimes quite sophisticated attacks.

3) The Bitcoin 0.9.x wallet code completely broke the ACP internals due to a redesign of the internal block chain handling code.
That's the reason why Feathercoin hasn't updated their wallet.

4) The new ACP code is now a complete redesign to work with the Bitcoin 0.9.x series code base.
It took quite some time to figure everything out.

5) ACP features:
Accepting checkpoints is optional.
Every wallet can opt out from the checkpointing system.
ACP is driven by a single master node that decides on the checkpoints.
Every wallet is capable of being a master node with the right key.
It is a centralized authority that locks down the block chain.
In the same way are the hard checkpoints in the wallet issued by the developer centralized.
ACP blocks many types of attacks due to the fact that the block chain cannot be rewritten beyond a few blocks back.
Typically the checkpoint window is only a few minutes, after that no transaction can be changed.
With only hard checkpoints the whole block chain history back to the last hard checkpoint can be rewritten with enough hash power.

Food for thought.

Titan

coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:13:09 PM

Announcement:

Hello Mooncoin!

Titan

Advanced Checkpointing allows us to send out checkpoints without having to redistribute the Feathercoin software. This works by having a 'master node' which checkpoints each block it sees on the network protecting it from the attacker. This checkpoint is then picked up by all the other clients on the network which will then ignore any blocks generated by a 51% attack. This protects merchants from transaction reversal and miners from losing their newly minted coins. With Advanced Checkpointing, Feathercoin becomes the most secure of all the Scrypt cryptographic currencies.

is this it?

http://www.coindesk.com/feathercoin-secures-block-chain-advanced-check-pointing/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/6263/feathercoin-interview-with-peter-bushnell/ (see below in the interview, where they cover ACP)

One thing to keep in mind: using one central node as the reference for the checkpoints is the opposite of decentralization.
Maybe we should develop a better system to overcome 51% attacks? I'm still wondering, whether it would be a good idea to change from mining to staking in that regard (also if you think about protecting the environment, as mining pulls a lot of electricity)? What do you all here think about that? Any other ideas?

Hello Mooncoin!

1) First of all ACP originates form Peercoin, the original proof of stake (POS) coin.
Thus every POS coin has ACP built in! Not every POS coin has the master node set up.

2) Feathercoin ported the ACP code from Peercoin to work with POW after the network suffered a severe attack.
Shortly thereafter I integrated the ACP code into the Luckycoin wallet with permission form Sunnyking.
While the Luckycoin certainly got its fair share of sometimes quite sophisticated attacks.

3) The Bitcoin 0.9.x wallet code completely broke the ACP internals due to a redesign of the internal block chain handling code.

4) The new ACP code is now a complete redesign to work with the Bitcoin 0.9.x series code base.

5) ACP features:
In the same way are the hard checkpoints in the wallet issued by the developer centralized.
ACP blocks many types of attacks due to the fact that the block chain cannot be rewritten beyond a few blocks back.
Typically the checkpoint window is only a few minutes, after that no transaction can be changed.
With only hard checkpoints the whole block chain history back to the last hard checkpoint can be rewritten with enough hash power.

Food for thought.

Titan

That's good information. Thanks, Titan.

So the best would be to have some (master) nodes that are picked randomly to set the checkpoint every few minutes/blocks, if you use ACP? Is that possible, too?

Titan

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:54:06 PM

Announcement:

Hello Mooncoin!

Titan

is this it?

Hello Mooncoin!

5) ACP features:

Food for thought.

Titan

So the best would be to have some (master) nodes that are picked randomly to set the checkpoint every few minutes/blocks, if you use ACP? Is that possible, too?

It is only safe to have a single checkpoint master node due to the consistency requirement for the checkpoints.
The handover from one checkpoint master node to another is a delicate process. Two different forks could receive a checkpoint if one is not careful. If such an inconsistency is detected ACP puts the whole network in safe mode.

Generally the master node has to be reliable and well protected. Even in the case of a failure of the master node another node can be configured to take over the job. The network still works normally even without receiving new checkpoints.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:16:35 PM

Dear players of Dragon Knight,

The following changes has been made to the game.

1. Fixed Training Camp while exploring
2. Ability to build villages on world map
3. Ability to upgrade buildings and produce resources in new villages
4. Introduce 5 new village specific troops
5. Ability to gain experience by attacking and defeating villages on the map
6. Changed the template for menu and side bars
7. Moved scrolling stat bar to the bottom of the page
8. Your username in top right nav bar is now the link to your profile and is color coded by your VIP/ULT status
9. Edit Profile has been moved to beside your name in top right nav bar
10. Removed CCB and added HTML5
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:04:49 PM

Announcement:

Hello Mooncoin!

Titan

is this it?

Hello Mooncoin!

5) ACP features:

Food for thought.

Titan

It is only safe to have a single checkpoint master node due to the consistency requirement for the checkpoints.
The handover from one checkpoint master node to another is a delicate process. Two different forks could receive a checkpoint if one is not careful. If such an inconsistency is detected ACP puts the whole network in safe mode.

Generally the master node has to be reliable and well protected. Even in the case of a failure of the master node another node can be configured to take over the job. The network still works normally even without receiving new checkpoints.

Hhmm. A "master-node" seems to be a possible single point of failure. OK, the fallback to another node to become a master-node and possible fallback to the "simple-mode" (without ACP at all in case the backup-node also fails), could help. But how is that handled automatically by the network? Can it be handled automatically at all?

What about to place checkpoints into the blockchain of other coins by working together with them? Would that be possible?
Maybe that would be a cool idea. That way the different coins can "control" each other, making it very difficult to attack a single coin that is part of the whole network of "collaborating" coins.

Titan

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:21:21 PM

Announcement:

Hello Mooncoin!

Titan

is this it?

Hello Mooncoin!

5) ACP features:

Food for thought.

Titan

Hhmm. A "master-node" seems to be a possible single point of failure. OK, the fallback to another node to become a master-node and possible fallback to the "simple-mode" (without ACP at all in case the backup-node also fails), could help. But how is that handled automatically by the network? Can it be handled automatically at all?

What about to place checkpoints into the blockchain of other coins by working together with them? Would that be possible?
Maybe that would be a cool idea. That way the different coins can "control" each other, making it very difficult to attack a single coin that is part of the whole network of "collaborating" coins.

Server uptime is not really a problem in this day and age. From my experience a well configured server can run for months without touching it.
The ACP handover must be done manually to ensure no inconsistent checkpoints are generated.

The checkpoint is a block hash. To be valid it must be a block hash of the current chain. So cross checkpointing another coin is not possible without the proper block chain information.

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:40:32 AM

Hello guys,

To strengthen the Moon Coin network i have opened a mining pool for MOON.
Feel free to join    Smiley

http://hollandsemultipool.nl/

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░█░░░░░█░░█────
─▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄─
█░░█─▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀─█░░█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█░░╦─╦╔╗╦─╔╗╔╗╔╦╗╔╗░░█
█░░║║║╠─║─║─║║║║║╠─░░█
█░░╚╩╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╩─╩╚╝░░█

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:18:56 PM

old coins are back!!!

All old coins in the list, EAC ready for the next pump?
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:56:41 PM

Hello guys,

To strengthen the Moon Coin network i have opened a mining pool for MOON.
Feel free to join    Smiley

http://hollandsemultipool.nl/

───▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄───
───█▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒█───
────█░░█░░░░░█░░█────
─▄▄──█░░░▀█▀░░░█──▄▄─
█░░█─▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀─█░░█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█░░╦─╦╔╗╦─╔╗╔╗╔╦╗╔╗░░█
█░░║║║╠─║─║─║║║║║╠─░░█
█░░╚╩╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╩─╩╚╝░░█

Cool! The more pools, the better.  Smiley

Edit:
Added it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg9456299#msg9456299

agswinner
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 09:13:19 PM

1   2F2RsYK3Ac6zGvENWTosF7xKor7g2bqzra    38749074880.71938324    19.07824269 %
2   2bhtQXsgVSna9FGZfuAWenr1Smed59rLZQ    29999999940.00000000    14.77060501 %

Cryptsy split....in new mooncoin big address ....

Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: