By the way this small FAQ comes from the author's Gogle + page.
It was hard find this information, therefore I compiled it in one page and re-posted here for easer access:#FAQ 001my rig stuck on boot, its says "Looking for SLAX data in /slax"mostly its caused by
* your usb flash drive are corrupted
* slax can't find your usb flash drive
* your usb controller aren't working or we dont have driver your your usb controllersolution
* clean up and check your flash drive, make sure its FAT32 formatted, delete [FLASHDRIVE:]\slax\changes content to make it back to factory settings
* put your flash disk to USB 2.0 port, if SLAX can't use your USB 3.0 controller
* most AMD based motherboard need IOMMU to be enabled in your motherboard BIOS in order your usb controller to be recognize by SLAX
* you can try put iommu=soft at boot option list
Frankly, none of the above worked for me [lapja] when I tried to mix 270x with 265 or 285 but yes... you might want to try these first, just before you start screeming nasty words...#FAQ 002what is root password ? how do i change it?
its "toor" by default, you can change it by issuing command "passwd root"#FAQ 003how do i activate module (.sb file)
* you can activate modules on www.slax.org
by issuing "slax active [module name]" while it running
* you can activate custom cryptoslax module (on official website) by downloading it first (you can use "wget [url to module]") then issuing "slax activate /path/to/downloaded/module"
* or you can simply put that .sb file into your flash drive at [FLASHDRIVE :]\slax\modules then boot it#FAQ 004how do i access and edit my files on CryptoSLAX system?
* you can use SMB service, on windows using your windows explorer type \\[YOUR RIG IP] , on OSX using your Finder, go to Connect menu and put "smb://[Your RIG IP]
* you can use SSH service, for example you can use WinSCP and connect with your Rig IP, on OSX you can use CyberDuck software#FAQ 005how do i auto-start miner on boot?
* SLAX will execute all executable files on /etc/rc.d/rc.xxxx on boot (runlevel 3) which is before X started, so any program that need to access GPU wont detect gpu at this time, therefore u need to autostart after X started (see below)
* CryptoSLAX also will execute all executable files on /root/.kde/Autostart/start.h and run it in background (no visible terminal)
* CryptoSLAX will execute all executable files on /root/.kde/Autostart/start.d and run it on KDE terminal inside screen session
* for miner program, i create it more easy by creating symbolic link to miner autostart-session.sh script inside /root/.kde/Autostart/start.d , so if you want to autostart miner, simply make autostart-session.sh executable by issuing "chmod +x /path/to/autostart-session.sh" and to disable it to being autostarted simply make it non-executable by issuing "chmod -x /path/to/autostart-session.sh"