Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 465621 times)
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:21:50 AM

Can we please stop about talking about the price? We have great technical innovations in here that are way more interesting than a bunch of litoshi more or less.

Did anyone test the new coin mixing feature so far and can tell us how quick a transaction reaches its destination?

I also would like to know what server specs you recommend for a receiver node? CPU, HDD, Bandwidth - what is most important?

+1

Been lurking for a while, but I had to sign up so I could back this post and add my 2 cents.

I am a former stablecoin holder, but I sold back to BTC once invisibel posted on those forums that he had finished the mixing beta (and I realized that the stable dev was working on the coin only part time).  Since I have an interest in the first truly anonymous coin, I have been watching TIPS and some other coins that are close to implementing similar features (anoncoin, darkcoin) -- trying to decide where to spend my BTC and send my hashpower.  

IMO, TIPS really has something going for it from the technical side (payment processor, speedy devs, and of course mixing), but after spending some time following this thread I am having a hard time investing.

Why?

Because between all the cheerleading of a 1 latoshi price increase, discussion of plans to pump the price, and of course screenshots of accounts with 1 billion+ TIPS poised and ready on Crystpy... I can only see this as a BIG pump and dump.

Sure other coins have some chatter about price, but with TIPS that seems to be 100%. No discussion of how the mixing service was during the beta, no talk of experiences with trying to set up a mixing node, nothing expect for price and the odd complaint that KGW hasn't completely gotten rid of the multi pools... not really something that gives potential investors a lot of confidence.

I dunno -- maybe I just happened to start following this thread at a bad time...

/2cents
srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:29:23 AM

I dunno -- maybe I just happened to start following this thread at a bad time...

/2cents

And that is true- many people will only shout those 1 sat price changes, until we take over and actually start with those features you mentioned, and probably many others you did not mention. Lets not forget that money is for people, and what most people want is more money so it is self explanatory kinda. Just wait for today's new wallet announcement and I think you will be convinced to join tips.

When it all calms down I am sure more serious buyers will come, and also community will stop looking funny with all the $-talk.

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:30:52 AM

Can we please stop about talking about the price? We have great technical innovations in here that are way more interesting than a bunch of litoshi more or less.
Did anyone test the new coin mixing feature so far and can tell us how quick a transaction reaches its destination?
I also would like to know what server specs you recommend for a receiver node? CPU, HDD, Bandwidth - what is most important?
+1
Been lurking for a while, but I had to sign up so I could back this post and add my 2 cents.
I am a former stablecoin holder, but I sold back to BTC once invisibel posted on those forums that he had finished the mixing beta (and I realized that the stable dev was working on the coin only part time).  Since I have an interest in the first truly anonymous coin, I have been watching TIPS and some other coins that are close to implementing similar features (anoncoin, darkcoin) -- trying to decide where to spend my BTC and send my hashpower.  
IMO, TIPS really has something going for it from the technical side (payment processor, speedy devs, and of course mixing), but after spending some time following this thread I am having a hard time investing.
Why?
Because between all the cheerleading of a 1 latoshi price increase, discussion of plans to pump the price, and of course screenshots of accounts with 1 billion+ TIPS poised and ready on Crystpy... I can only see this as a BIG pump and dump.
Sure other coins have some chatter about price, but with TIPS that seems to be 100%. No discussion of how the mixing service was during the beta, no talk of experiences with trying to set up a mixing node, nothing expect for price and the odd complaint that KGW hasn't completely gotten rid of the multi pools... not really something that gives potential investors a lot of confidence.

True, I was interested by the project at first but there is no technical discussion, only pump and dump.

To see the difference, look at the Nxt discussion : no one care about the price.

This has become a dumb greedy nest getting ready to take money from each other.

I'm unfollowing this. I announce the death of this coin in few weeks.
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

+1
Why?

True, I was interested by the project at first but there is no technical discussion, only pump and dump.

To see the difference, look at the Nxt discussion : no one care about the price.

This has become a dumb greedy nest getting ready to take money from each other.

I'm unfollowing this. I announce the death of this coin in few weeks.

Go, play with your doggies.

Look what happened with DOGE price- reward cut to half and miraculously price is plummeting and old dogers do not want to mine it anymore because "it is not profitable". Yeah, sure, they loved that coin soo much.

At this time we got some great development behind the scenes, and as most people are not developers, but investors- they are interested in price. If you do not understand that, you should drop all your coins and investments at once, and just go, grab a shovel and do something worthy.

Here is you answer.

colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:44:33 AM

+1

Why?

/2cents

Many of us invested heavily in TIPS before the drop down in price, pardon a little excitement about things getting moving. Many of us have been supporting the price in the mid forties area hence we ended up with a lot of tips!

You need to do adequate DD before any investment, you will see all the technical discussion on irc.freenode.net under #tips and #tips-team - i've had that window open for weeks as have all serious investors and helpers. On the IRC channel you will find us all discussing the technical aspects of the developments, brainstorming sessions and you will see just how many people are involved in making this work.

We all put a lot of time and energy in to getting through the KGW implementation and building the new wallets. The devs have been outstanding. There are also people with much marketing experience and ability getting involved. All discussed on IRC.

So, pardon the excitement. After weeks of patience and hard work, it's finally starting to come together Cheesy
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:44:39 AM

We probably should just open a new thread for technical discussions only. Anyone?
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:50:35 AM

We probably should just open a new thread for technical discussions only. Anyone?

+1

I am longtime TIPS holder and I'm also sick of bs's about the price. I am more worried about multipools, which are continuing to flood TIPS network, because of it's profitability.

JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:57:16 AM

+1

Why?

/2cents

Many of us invested heavily in TIPS before the drop down in price, pardon a little excitement about things getting moving. Many of us have been supporting the price in the mid forties area hence we ended up with a lot of tips!

You need to do adequate DD before any investment, you will see all the technical discussion on irc.freenode.net under #tips and #tips-team - i've had that window open for weeks as have all serious investors and helpers. On the IRC channel you will find us all discussing the technical aspects of the developments, brainstorming sessions and you will see just how many people are involved in making this work.

We all put a lot of time and energy in to getting through the KGW implementation and building the new wallets. The devs have been outstanding. There are also people with much marketing experience and ability getting involved. All discussed on IRC.

So, pardon the excitement. After weeks of patience and hard work, it's finally starting to come together Cheesy

Don't doubt the dev team or their hardwork for a second.  That was one of the things that got me to follow TIPS after being part of the mess that was the dev situation with SBC. However, perception is important...  Thanks for the heads up about the IRC channel (I'll check it out), but others who might want to get into TIPS won't go that far --  they'll see this thread, groan, and take their money and workers elsewhere.

With all that said... I am more than willing to see how things develop over the next few days with the big launch only a few hours away.  
skillrun

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:01:30 AM

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
colinfx

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:07:13 AM

+1

Why?

/2cents

Don't doubt the dev team or their hardwork for a second.  That was one of the things that got me to follow TIPS after being part of the mess that was the dev situation with SBC. However, perception is important...  Thanks for the heads up about the IRC channel (I'll check it out), but others who might want to get into TIPS won't go that far --  they'll see this thread, groan, and take their money and workers elsewhere.

With all that said... I am more than willing to see how things develop over the next few days with the big launch only a few hours away.  

With the multipool issue and implementation of KGW we had some problems getting through some real hard blocks. Some we're taking 12 hours, we pooled together all our resources and even hired rigs to help get through the problem. This is behind us now, so you are right, we need to now focus a little more on public perception.

With the coin mixing facility TIPS is radically different to any other coin. We need to start shouting about the features and about why this is such a great coin - not just another clone. We've had our moment of euphoria, now we need to let the world know why we are all so excited Cheesy
dinozavrik

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:20:06 AM

Please add to the main page pools where lots of people mine

tips.notnull.org
multipool.us
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:21:02 AM

First thing to do- put your addresses below posts so I could not only "+1" but also Tip your ideas.

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:25:11 AM

First thing to do- put your addresses below posts so I could not only "+1" but also Tip your ideas.
Tipped! Smiley
colinfx

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:26:25 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 11:37:30 AM by colinfx

TIPS OF THE HAT!

Fayens, this is great work.

I love the hat/glasses, to me it accentuates the anonymity of the coin mixing service - I vote for the hat/glasses!

The anonymity of coin mixer is our EDGE so we need to push it!

We need work on the words. I like the name FedoraCoin. Not sure about 'tips of the hat' or 'euphoria'.

I like words like 'community',  'privacy', 'freedom'....

So I prefer something like , "COMMUNITY - PRIVACY - FREEDOM" - please all put your ideas, we are building a great coin here!

The coin mixer is a world first - it has to be the primary motivation for this coin that we push forward. We can get this on global news sites once we decide on the image!
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:26:57 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 11:40:03 AM by srs2xcvbnm

Tipped! Smiley

Thanks bro!

Tipped back Smiley

Guys write those addresses! How am I supposed to TIP you?

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

where can i find a .conf for solo mining?
invisibel (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:34:30 PM

Good idea, I'll probably start a new thread for the coin mixer release.

where can i find a .conf for solo mining?
It's the same as any other coin, set rpcuser/rpcpassword to your login and set server=1 and daemon=1

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:56:52 PM

All is good guys we just need to spread the word about tips/coin mixing feature.

jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:09:40 PM

All is good guys we just need to spread the word about tips/coin mixing feature.

I mention it on the chat box here

https://coinex.pw
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:26:10 PM

Can't believe this coin is still alive. Luckily I have a few million that I had forgotten about when the community largely died few months back. Good job guys. Really! Impressive.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: