Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 465344 times)
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

The only thing this coin had going for it was the TIPS part, aside from the mixing feature if it gets released. This is why people are trying to come up with a better name, brand is everything when you try to reach out to more people so obviously this is important. No one outside of reddit would want a coin called Fedoracoin with references to euphoria, atheism and neckbeards

+1 But I would argue that the name was never really great to begin with, it was good as long as it remained a small coin destined to a reddit community and tipping within it.... Its main purpose was to be a community tipping coin. I think everyone here see's greater potential now,,,

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
vir6

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:46:39 PM

If you really want to make something with this coin here is some things to do;

- Talk about the coin on others forums, reddit... explain why they should use the mixing service and others stuff coming like webwallets...

- Make some big giveaways, i have only seen one for the moment with 500 + posts on reddit and it's me (the Tipbot is even down since then).

- Making a good buy support to show people even if someone dump we will eat it and the coins will be into strong hands (like the 1K LTC wall i put myselft).

- Contact some crypto news websites and youtube podcasts to inform them about the innovation (mixing service) so they can make an article about this = good advertising (i have already done it but if they receive many Emails about the mixing service they will start to really look at this).

There is many others things we can do to get more attention and building a good marketing strategy but trust me talking 10 pages about the name will not bring anything positive !

ltccake

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:50:34 PM

"Total Internet Privacy & Security" is a great name. It needs the "&"

The coin logo should also have an "&", because "Privacy Security" doesn't make sense..

I like the versions that look like something is being mixed inside the hat =D - Whether it's coins or dice. Dice seems more intuitive to me for some reason. Either dice, or different-looking coins. Mixing it up.

TIPS is a good name. Though FedoraCoin is slightly established... Is there any way to keep both? DEFINITELY keep the hat in the logo!

Edit: very good suggestions by Fayens =D
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:56:49 PM

Any updated timeline on the Mixing release?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
srs2xcvbnm

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:58:20 PM

Tired of Implicated Payment Synonyms
Took Incredibly Pleasurable Shower.

OK guys, decide it already!

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:59:31 PM

- Talk about the coin on others forums, reddit... explain why they should use the mixing service and others stuff coming like webwallets...

- Make some big giveaways, i have only seen one for the moment with 500 + posts on reddit and it's me (the Tipbot is even down since then).

- Making a good buy support to show people even if someone dump we will eat it and the coins will be into strong hands (like the 1K LTC wall i put myselft).

- Contact some crypto news websites and youtube podcasts to inform them about the innovation (mixing service) so they can make an article about this = good advertising (i have already done it but if they receive many Emails about the mixing service they will start to really look at this).

There is many others things we can do to get more attention and building a good marketing strategy but trust me talking 10 pages about the name will not bring anything positive !

you're right ,but is only the beginning.
and...i finished my LTC...
Only buy ,hold and promote ,for me.

Thank you  for buy wall ,we need a solid foundation.
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:00:42 PM

So that was your sell wall.. i add another LTC order in your wall.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
relb

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:17:11 PM

I have been with this coin since day one.  It doesn't need an acronym, it just looks cheesy as if someone came up with worthless words to match "TIPS".  This was always "fedoracoin" for me.  TIPS makes sense if it's called "Fedora's" or "FedoraCoins", let it be whatever it means for you.  Seems like you guys are thinking too hard about this.  I even liked the very first logo best, especially compared to all these latest ones. 
r-ando

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

Whats I think is after all the talk, I like the name Fedoracoin more than anything else and the orange logo the most too......

I just dont like the Tips abbreviation for Fedoracoin and the tipping angle, Fedoracoin: The E coin.
 The tipping angle sucks because people tip with what they pay with!!
And also the Tips abbreviation is not a financial looking abbreviation......
Too many letters!  
those are the angles that are poorly marketable. and even conflictual

sorry guys what we have thats good is the preestablished name Fedoracoin and the mixer and the dev.  imo

The E with the tip on the orange logo should follow the numbers in the wallets, it would just be so much cleaner than tips..  

1 tip, 2 tip, 3 tip, or... its 1 E-coin, 2 fedoracoin, 3 F-coin.....  I know i'm contrarian on this though apparently and thars why I wasn't proposing it before.

El3k0n

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

I have been with this coin since day one.  It doesn't need an acronym, it just looks cheesy as if someone came up with worthless words to match "TIPS".  This was always "fedoracoin" for me.  TIPS makes sense if it's called "Fedora's" or "FedoraCoins", let it be whatever it means for you.  Seems like you guys are thinking too hard about this.  I even liked the very first logo best, especially compared to all these latest ones. 

Thank you. There's still someone intelligent here.
r-ando

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:33:41 PM

+1  only the tips abbreviation isn't good, thats what makes this look gimmicky imo

colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:49:22 PM

Oh come on. Just leave it like Fayens did it. Release the mixer with this logo and it's fine!

+1
r-ando

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:02:25 PM

I think we need another vote on the name changes.. its such a big change and gives us so little except if its excellent..
And can take away so much by taking away recognition....!  The problem everyone seems to have is the lack of coherence between fedoracoin and tips. Tips of the hat is not a financial concept. Its like two different marketing ideas were put together and scrambled around the tip of the hat idea...
Lets keep the name and abbreviate it properly, focus the website around fedoracoin as a coin instead of trying to sell tipping. And FOCUS ON THE MIXING ON THE WEBSITE. The logo is similar to the bitcoin one. We are bitcoin but better. Fedoracoin, more anonymous than bitcoin, a better early investment opportunity too...  Fedoracoin is : Ecoin  our logo is aan E with a tip on it.

vir6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

Just a little question to the guys who wants to change the name: why don't you create your own coin so you can give it the name you want ?

jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:19:29 PM

Just a little question to the guys who wants to change the name: why don't you create your own coin so you can give it the name you want ?

can you organise the community into social activist groups please. Thats all i want to see. Its a little hard when the name fedora is associated with an old meme. Ive tried talking about fedora to new people but get shot down for the old atheist meme.

Just trying to work with what we have and thats TIPS and security.
vir6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:29:27 PM

can you organise the community into social activist groups please. Thats all i want to see. Its a little hard when the name fedora is associated with an old meme. Ive tried talking about fedora to new people but get shot down for the old atheist meme.

I'm a full time student so it would take too much time for me to work on this. What i am doing is making a big buy support to prevent dump and panic, some giveaways on reddit, advertising and talking on the IRC chanel, i think it's already a lot.

When i see there is more than 10 pages in less than 24 hours talking about a name change i think if the same effort was put into making advertising/giveway it would be 10 times more worth it !

EDIT: i didn't know about the meme before you mention it
jtbcoins

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:44:39 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 06:55:47 PM by jtbcoins

I'm a full time student so it would take too much time for me to work on this. What i am doing is making a big buy support to prevent dump and panic, some giveaways on reddit, advertising and talking on the IRC chanel, i think it's already a lot.

When i see there is more than 10 pages in less than 24 hours talking about a name change i think if the same effort was put into making advertising/giveway it woud be 10 times more worth it !

I trade crypto full time now but i used to be an advertising art director. The tips community has a pool of people with different talents. You could be in charge of the twitter page and you can tweet funny tip related stuff all day. You could have given some love tips on valentines day. But there is no organisation to put you in charge of it.

The dev team have to let go of some control because they are doing a piss poor job promoting. And i expect that from them because there strength is in coding and computer related stuff.

We need to have real leadership a way of finding who is good at what, who has more spare time etc.

Everyone is doing give-aways but its internally. Ive not seen one ad or even the discussion for a fund for a banner online. The coin has new people that have come in based on the word TIPS. Like it or not three quarters of people want a name change. or just a name drop. lose the atheist fedora meme name and keep the Tips name. But call it a finical tip and not a hat tip.

"FedoraCoin differs from other virtual currencies available because it is truly a community project." Thats a quote from the fedora website.

Im drawn to just tips after reading dissuasions. but then we have to come up with a way to bring security into our message. Thats how the acronym came to be. There are a lot of different ones to choose from.

Transaction on the internet in private and securely was one i like. but this is a community project. If the coin is to survive then there needs to be someone to tweet every hour post on Facebook updates. the dev team can't do it alone.

But they have to realise they may be the best developer but suck at promotion. No offence to them but I never expected a dev team to  be any good at promotion

look at the poll.

Just shooting the messenger  

EDIT the meme sucks haha but hey. I'm a little tire of this myself.
vir6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:57:19 PM

When i see there is more than 10 pages in less than 24 hours talking about a name change i think if the same effort was put into making advertising/giveway it woud be 10 times more worth it !

OK you're a rich student. and you talk a lot. Your efforts have been credited and i congratulate you on your effort to organise the community.

I trade crypto full time now but i used to be an advertising art director. The tips community has a pool of people with different talents. You could be in charge of the twitter page and you can tweet funny tip related stuff all day. You could have given some love tips on valentines day. But there is no organisation to put you in charge of it.

The dev team have to let go of some control because they are doing a piss poor job promoting. And i expect that from them because there strength is in coding and computer related stuff.

We need to have real leadership a way of finding who is good at what, who has more spare time etc.

Everyone is doing give-aways but its internally. Ive not seen one ad or even the discussion for a fund for a banner online. The coin has new people that have come in based on the word TIPS. Like it or not three quarters of people want a name change. or just a name drop. lose the atheist fedora meme name and keep the Tips name. But call it a finical tip and not a hat tip.

"FedoraCoin differs from other virtual currencies available because it is truly a community project." Thats a quote from the fedora website.

Im drawn to just tips after reading dissuasions. but then we have to come up with a way to bring security into our message. Thats how the acronym came to be. There are a lot of different ones to choose from.

Transaction on the internet in private and securely was one i like. but this is a community project. If the coin is to survive then there needs to be someone to tweet every hour post on Facebook updates. the dev team can't do it alone.

But they have to realise they may be the best developer but suck at promotion. No offence to them but I never expected a dev team to  be any good at promotion

look at the pool.

EDIT the meme sucks haha but hey.

I'm not rich, i was just lucky to get in some coins as an "early adopter" and now i am investing my gain in some others coins i believe in.

Anyway, i can't do twitter and facebook stuffs, i'm sorry about that and i think it should be someone who has a perfect english (it's not my mother tongue).

The coin mixing release should be in 2 hours let's see the impact it will have...
jtbcoins

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

OK you're a rich student. and you talk a lot. Your efforts have been credited and i congratulate you on your effort to organise the community.

look at the pool.

EDIT the meme sucks haha but hey.

I'm not rich, i was just lucky to get in some coins as an "early adopter" and now i am investing my gain in some others coins i believe in.

Anyway, i can't do twitter and facebook stuffs, i'm sorry about that and i think it should be someone who has a perfect english (it's not my mother tongue).

The coin mixing release should be in 2 hours let's see the impact it will have...

you could help with translation in future. Everyone has something to offer, we just need to organise. Looking forward for the mixer too Smiley
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

Where do you get the 2 hours from?

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: