Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 442481 times)
hercules1600

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 09:36:48 PM

+1

AGAIN.  THESE ARE THE POWER PLAYERS.  THEY DON'T LIKE BCTALK.  THEY HANG OUT AT IRC.  THESE ARE THE PEOPLE TO DISCUSS NEW OPTIONS WITH.

I have mod status for REddit.  I would be more than happy to work with an artist on a new theme.... especially the light blue background.  But we have to work together with these guys.  I'm not gonna highjack a coin, that just makes us look like jackasses.  The compromise is TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).

here is the logo and color scheme:
http://imgur.com/a/mRfFM#JmtfP2h

WTF are you talking about? Do you know how MUCH coins I have and how MUCH I lose everyday for not selling them?! Power players who don't like bctalk?! The president may not like ice cream, but he will eat it if that is what the people want. Dev's are creating coins, but the community itself is deciding how much they worth. We are not here to read where they decided to talk. We are talking about FEDORACOIN... not IRCCOIN! Here is the place where you can read and talk about cryptos... not in IRC. I'm tired of bs's....

It is absolutely ridiculous to think the only place to talk about a coin is BCTalk. You say IRCCoin, it isnt BCTalkcoin either. As of next week their will be someone in charge of keeping the community, such as this forum more updated on what is going on. Until then IRC is where you can speak to the people doing the work.

You have purchased a lot of coins? Then you must have seen something in this coin, and these issues you are having are not new. They were here before as well where most the talk happened on IRC.

Guys remember, you purchased or mined a coin with this logo and this name. So if you truly believe that with this logo, name, and having to go on IRC is an issue, you likely should should have waited till things where a bit more figured out.

Like I said though, as of next week there will be a person specifically in charge of cross community talk, hold tight and more information will show up here, until then, I ask that anyone who does use IRC keep the updates rolling on here.

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:02:53 PM

+1

AGAIN.  THESE ARE THE POWER PLAYERS.  THEY DON'T LIKE BCTALK.  THEY HANG OUT AT IRC.  THESE ARE THE PEOPLE TO DISCUSS NEW OPTIONS WITH.

I have mod status for REddit.  I would be more than happy to work with an artist on a new theme.... especially the light blue background.  But we have to work together with these guys.  I'm not gonna highjack a coin, that just makes us look like jackasses.  The compromise is TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).

WTF are you talking about? Do you know how MUCH coins I have and how MUCH I lose everyday for not selling them?! Power players who don't like bctalk?! The president may not like ice cream, but he will eat it if that is what the people want. Dev's are creating coins, but the community itself is deciding how much they worth. We are not here to read where they decided to talk. We are talking about FEDORACOIN... not IRCCOIN! Here is the place where you can read and talk about cryptos... not in IRC. I'm tired of bs's....

It is absolutely ridiculous to think the only place to talk about a coin is BCTalk. You say IRCCoin, it isnt BCTalkcoin either. As of next week their will be someone in charge of keeping the community, such as this forum more updated on what is going on. Until then IRC is where you can speak to the people doing the work.

You have purchased a lot of coins? Then you must have seen something in this coin, and these issues you are having are not new. They were here before as well where most the talk happened on IRC.

Guys remember, you purchased or mined a coin with this logo and this name. So if you truly believe that with this logo, name, and having to go on IRC is an issue, you likely should should have waited till things where a bit more figured out.

Like I said though, as of next week there will be a person specifically in charge of cross community talk, hold tight and more information will show up here, until then, I ask that anyone who does use IRC keep the updates rolling on here.

Maybe you didn't understand what I really meant. Maybe I am guilty with my broken english, but I can give another example to understand me better. If you are one company and if you have investors.. how you will be in contact with them? If they ask you: - "Hey, what's going on? Why the prices are so low?", what you will answer? Come to my home to explain you? Or maybe other answer...: - "Oh, me and my guys are talking about it.". Are you serious?! You can't do anything with talking. I am sure that they discuss a lot of new things, but they MUST inform community about them.

P.S. Yeah, it's not BCTalkcoin, but people are coming here to check new/old coins.. not in IRC. They are reading comments on threads... not in IRC channels. 15 years ago I was glob. op. in network with 50+ thousand people so I know exactly what is IRC and I know that it's the latest place to promote a coin. Yeah, promote... not just talking and thinking.

mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

+1

Maybe you didn't understand what I really meant. Maybe I am guilty with my broken english, but I can give another example to understand me better. If you are one company and if you have investors.. how you will be in contact with them? If they ask you: - "Hey, what's going on? Why the prices are so low?", what you will answer? Come to my home to explain you? Or maybe other answer...: - "Oh, me and my guys are talking about it.". Are you serious?! You can't do anything with talking. I am sure that they discuss a lot of new things, but they MUST inform community about them.

P.S. Yeah, it's not BCTalkcoin, but people are coming here to check new/old coins.. not in IRC. They are reading comments on threads... not in IRC channels. 15 years ago I was glob. op. in network with 50+ thousand people so I know exactly what is IRC and I know that it's the latest place to promote a coin. Yeah, promote... not just talking and thinking.

Then promote the coin - TiPS aka FedoraCoin.

This is a PROMOTION THREAD.

If you would like to discuss features, marketing, strategies, etc then you must go to IRC chat.  The fact of the matter is that admin privileges belong to the devs.  If they do not want to get on bctalk, they don't want to get on bctalk...  whether you agree with it or not.  

Look...  the dev team is already standoffish as it is.  People can attest to the major debates / arguments I've had in there with them.  If they know we're clamoring for change, do you really think they want to step on our home turf?  Hell no.  So please..... for the last time....

We are TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).  If you do not like it.  YOu know where to go:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips

All of this complaining is doing 1 thing and 1 thing only.

IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE JACKASSES FLOUNDERING AROUND WITH A COIN NOT WORTHY OF INVESTMENT

If you have gripes / issues, please go here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips

We are TiPS (FedoraCoin)

Promote as such.

Thank you.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:35:43 AM

We are TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).  If you do not like it.  YOu know where to go:

IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE JACKASSES FLOUNDERING AROUND WITH A COIN NOT WORTHY OF INVESTMENT

If you have gripes / issues, please go here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tips

We are TiPS (FedoraCoin)

I think that is one of the main problems. Going with a name such as TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) does make the developers look like jackasses and not worthy of investment. I question their decision making skills on bigger issues if they can't even get the name right.
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:00:14 AM

Alright guys, here is some official information brought from the Devs on IRC.

I am not a Dev, would like to say before I get any chatter about that Tongue

But I went on IRC and spoke to the people in charge. No Invis is not back yet but the other Devs are hard at work.

1. The logo

The logo has been chosen to be the shield that can be found here. http://imgur.com/a/mRfFM#JmtfP2h
The reason it is not updated on the thread is because the graphic designer that is working on it has been a bit busy as well, it is not 100% but this is the idea.

2. FWA has rejoined the project.

What does this mean? He is going to be the one on the fedoracoin team that is in charge of community management. He will be the one we see on here more often than not and will keep the ideas flowing between the different communities......reddit, IRC, forums, BCTalk.
He will be back in action next week, hold tight folks.

3. The name is staying as Fedoracoin.

The name of the coin is staying as Fedoracoin. The ticker is staying as TIPS. TIPS is planned to be more prominently displayed in the logo and marketing though. This is why it was changed back on coinmarketcap. At the request of the developers.

4. Graphic design

We know the logo is being designed, but so is the wallet. The wallet is being completely overhauled in terms of look and feel. Yes it will be something different then what you know as a wallet today.

5. The wallet itself

There were changes mentioned earlier in the thread about RPC user management. This is in development and when it is completed it will be explained more in detail. The short of it is, it will be possible to set up web wallets that use the local daemon to keep the coins safe.

The names you should know.

Invisibel (BCTalk) / tipsfedora (IRC) -     Lead Coin Developer
icanprogram (IRC) -                                Developer in charge of Sites and Services
mxtm (IRC) -                                           Linux Professional
MystPhysX (IRC/BCTalk) -                       Domain names and OSX wallets
chisefu (IRC) -                                        Confidant and Professional Pool Operations
Nemons -                                                Hosting and Server Management
nerd_name -                                          Graphic designer
FWA -                                                     Community management

***All of this information has come from the development team which I spoke to on IRC only moments ago. ***

Disappointing..... why the dev's are this stupid..?
mardaed

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:18:41 AM

Alright guys, here is some official information brought from the Devs on IRC.

I am not a Dev, would like to say before I get any chatter about that Tongue

But I went on IRC and spoke to the people in charge. No Invis is not back yet but the other Devs are hard at work.

1. The logo

The logo has been chosen to be the shield that can be found here. http://imgur.com/a/mRfFM#JmtfP2h
The reason it is not updated on the thread is because the graphic designer that is working on it has been a bit busy as well, it is not 100% but this is the idea.

2. FWA has rejoined the project.

What does this mean? He is going to be the one on the fedoracoin team that is in charge of community management. He will be the one we see on here more often than not and will keep the ideas flowing between the different communities......reddit, IRC, forums, BCTalk.
He will be back in action next week, hold tight folks.

3. The name is staying as Fedoracoin.

The name of the coin is staying as Fedoracoin. The ticker is staying as TIPS. TIPS is planned to be more prominently displayed in the logo and marketing though. This is why it was changed back on coinmarketcap. At the request of the developers.

4. Graphic design

We know the logo is being designed, but so is the wallet. The wallet is being completely overhauled in terms of look and feel. Yes it will be something different then what you know as a wallet today.

5. The wallet itself

There were changes mentioned earlier in the thread about RPC user management. This is in development and when it is completed it will be explained more in detail. The short of it is, it will be possible to set up web wallets that use the local daemon to keep the coins safe.

The names you should know.

Invisibel (BCTalk) / tipsfedora (IRC) -     Lead Coin Developer
icanprogram (IRC) -                                Developer in charge of Sites and Services
mxtm (IRC) -                                           Linux Professional
MystPhysX (IRC/BCTalk) -                       Domain names and OSX wallets
chisefu (IRC) -                                        Confidant and Professional Pool Operations
Nemons -                                                Hosting and Server Management
nerd_name -                                          Graphic designer
FWA -                                                     Community management

***All of this information has come from the development team which I spoke to on IRC only moments ago. ***

Disappointing..... why the dev's are this stupid..?

If you're a believer of this coin, fight for your / our agenda here:

The devs are human too...  we have made numerous compromises, but they live in a bubble world... with many other people who disagree with the name TiPS.  Just hang out at chat... if they bring up something, you can discuss it with them.  That's how you influence them.

If you don't want to "play ball" and continue to hang out here, you're just going to be frustrated.  If you want to make big decisions, then you should gain the trust of those who have walked the path of hell that this coin has been through.  Once we have a unified front, we can make community decisions for the good.

Just my two tips.
mardaed

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:20:17 AM

We are TiPS (a.k.a. FedoraCoin).  If you do not like it.  YOu know where to go:

We are TiPS (FedoraCoin)

I think that is one of the main problems. Going with a name such as TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) does make the developers look like jackasses and not worthy of investment. I question their decision making skills on bigger issues if they can't even get the name right.

What's the problem with this.  advertise TiPS.  include a small logo saying it's FedoraCoin.
Fozy

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:25:07 AM

I'm going to attempt to be as respectful as possible-- but first let me say, FUCK THE DEVELOPERS!

They need to get off their high horse and interact with the community of investors and miners that make this coin possible.  We are here on BTCTalk!  FUCK IRC-- god damn techie nerds!  

I am staging a takeover......  They can program and develop all they want-- but the community should steer the ship!  Other developers will come along and see the potential of TIPS.  We should project our own vision of this coin to the world and let the community decide where it goes.  It would be RIDICULOUS to let a small group of computer programmers dictate the future of this coin.  WE NEED TO TAKE CHARGE!

I will be posting a new thread entitled; The Community is taking over..... AGAIN!!!!  

mardaed

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:42:58 AM

lol...  they have the keys.  If you want changes, you have to influence the decision makers.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:17:27 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 02:34:35 AM by poornamelessme

What's the problem with this.  advertise TiPS.  include a small logo saying it's FedoraCoin.

An unfortunate reality is that marketing and appearance quite often matters more than anything special as far as code goes. So it's basically advertising the fact the developers couldn't make up their mind on a name, confuses people as to what FedoraCoin actually is, and makes people like me (who doesn't keep up with memes) wonder as to what a fedora has to do with a tip related coin. Are they two coins, one coin, why is it advertised as Tips yet is called FedoraCoin ... that sort of thing.

It just looks stupid. I am not saying the coin still can't succeed, but if the developers can't pick a name, then it doesn't bode well for more important decisions.

mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:32:46 AM

The debate has to end already.  The coin has to be rebranded to TIPS.  Fedora was a great starting point but things grow in life to bigger and better things. In marketing branding is the most important thing.  It makes no sense to have fedora in one place and Tips in another.  Tips will be the future of this coin in order for it to survive
hercules1600

Activity: 98

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:10:58 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 04:23:05 AM by hercules1600

The debate ended long ago, people just keep going on and on.

This is basically what the logo will be.

The Fedoracoin is not being dropped, but as you can see the TIPS is going to be more prominent. This is the plan as far as marketing as well.

Myself, I like the logo. I also liked a few of Fayens logo's but we can't have them all I guess, and no matter what it is hard to keep everyone happy. We should focus on spreading the good about TIPS Fedoracoin and as time goes by maybe some other things that are disliked can be changed but all this focus on anger and not getting the logo we want and stuff is never good. We must focus on the good. Marketing is all subjective anyways. At the end of the day a company named "Google" is turning in to Big brother. Another company called "Apple" is also doing the same, and a website called "Kijiji" changed the game for online classifieds.

"Google" sounds like a term for playing with yourself or being a stalker.
"Apple" is a fruit.
What the hell is a "Kijiji"?

Also,

Is there anyone on this thread that would like to make some designs using this logo for gift cards. I have spoken to some people but they are not the best people for being quick, if anyone has the skills I would love to have something to be able to print out and give to the every day community. Please and thanks.

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
Pugwalker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:17:01 AM

welp screw the devs then
if mr i can program doesnt agree with 90% of the community to change the name

than idk i guess we have to find new devs and make it our own coin
mctaino

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

welp screw the devs then
if mr i can program doesnt agree with 90% of the community to change the name

than idk i guess we have to find new devs and make it our own coin

As much as I may agree with you statement, they have made a decision already and it won't sever any purpose to work against the creators.  We have to keep working together and time will tell if more changes are needed.  It would counter productive to continue the spat. Let's work work work and keep giving our opinion. Let's make  TIPS a huge success..

PS by the way

Ellen De ge used pharells hat at the OSCARs and asked for TIPS getting the image to get a meme going
jtbcoins

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:05:03 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 05:48:22 AM by jtbcoins

The debate ended long ago, people just keep going on and on.

This is basically what the logo will be.

The Fedoracoin is not being dropped, but as you can see the TIPS is going to be more prominent. This is the plan as far as marketing as well.

Myself, I like the logo. I also liked a few of Fayens logo's but we can't have them all I guess, and no matter what it is hard to keep everyone happy. We should focus on spreading the good about TIPS Fedoracoin and as time goes by maybe some other things that are disliked can be changed but all this focus on anger and not getting the logo we want and stuff is never good. We must focus on the good. Marketing is all subjective anyways. At the end of the day a company named "Google" is turning in to Big brother. Another company called "Apple" is also doing the same, and a website called "Kijiji" changed the game for online classifieds.

"Google" sounds like a term for playing with yourself or being a stalker.
"Apple" is a fruit.
What the hell is a "Kijiji"?

Also,

Is there anyone on this thread that would like to make some designs using this logo for gift cards. I have spoken to some people but they are not the best people for being quick, if anyone has the skills I would love to have something to be able to print out and give to the every day community. Please and thanks.

Google originated from a misspelling of the word googol which is a term for the number one followed by one hundred zeros. This name was picked to denote that this search engine wanted to offer huge quantities of information for people. The name fits.

Apples name when founder Wozniak said to Jobs, if they could not think of a better name by the end of the day,then Apple Computers was to be the name (The forbidden fruit that gave man knowledge ). Its also rumoured that apple doesn't sound computer geeky.  its true and apple brand is still far from geeky. The name fits the product well.

No idea why Kijiji is named that. never heard of it till now. But its generic so it could mean anything. But then again a classifieds does sell anything, so a name that can mean anything fits.

Now this coin is about tipping fiscally right? So a fedora just confuses matters. A fedora is not cool. It may be to geeks, but to the hot barmaid that takes tips, its far from cool.

Just like THE Facebook dropped the THE we should drop the fedora completely. it means nothing regarding tipping fiscally.

http://youtu.be/dU6scly2AFU?t=2m55s
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:42:49 AM

The price might be down to 30 by the morning.  I sold off, but might get back in if it goes that low, but maybe not even at that price.

Lots of passion in this thread, and some great contributions.  I tried giving input, but the developer and rest of the team are basically silent and not willing to make tough decisions.

The coin has so much potential, but its infuriating to see nothing done day after day.  Just my advice, but I would get out now.

mctaino

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:18:50 AM

What the heck can't post an image
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:21:44 AM

The price might be down to 30 by the morning.  I sold off, but might get back in if it goes that low, but maybe not even at that price.

Lots of passion in this thread, and some great contributions.  I tried giving input, but the developer and rest of the team are basically silent and not willing to make tough decisions.

The coin has so much potential, but its infuriating to see nothing done day after day.  Just my advice, but I would get out now.

People said the same thing when it was at 2 Liteoshi, then it bounced back, Don't Lose Faith !
mctaino

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:26:02 AM

ELLEN at the Oscars today TIPS
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:29:03 AM

The price might be down to 30 by the morning.  I sold off, but might get back in if it goes that low, but maybe not even at that price.

Lots of passion in this thread, and some great contributions.  I tried giving input, but the developer and rest of the team are basically silent and not willing to make tough decisions.

The coin has so much potential, but its infuriating to see nothing done day after day.  Just my advice, but I would get out now.

People said the same thing when it was at 2 Liteoshi, then it bounced back, Don't Lose Faith !

Just giving my input.  The huge price upswing was a pump and dump coinciding with being added to bter.

There just aren't any decisions being made by the people behind the coin.

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: