Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold!  (Read 48086 times)
RickJamesBTC (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:13:29 PM

Not reserving anything, I'll turn the items back on when they arrive, shipping immediately. Looks like Friday for 1m cable versions, next week for shorter ones. If anyone wants to order a large amount (100+ risers) contact me for the best deal.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:05:24 PM

i used the wires that came with my psu, got 2 of 3 gpu's to at least recognize. seems one of my 270x won't be recognized. yellow molex pin pulled out of the harness like flowdoge said. now to figure out the third...
i can get all three to recognize, but i have to leave one card in the mobo, in the earliest slot. i say earliest because it has to be first in line of pcie positions 1-3 of the 5 slots i have. Also, cgminer is un-usable, i get BSOD. again, works fine if everything direct to mobo.

Drivers: i have uninstalled, reinstalled in every possible combination: one card at a time, one card direct on board and one on riser, 2 on board and 1 on riser....etc, etc.

I have read i may need to jumper the pcie1x slot, but thats if i used the 1x. Don't know if I would have to jumper the 16x slots im using. Also read my board doesn't take well to powered risers.

In AMD Catalyst, I see the 3 gpus. Only the one on the mobo is enabled. Also, now I can't run cgminer with boards attached to mobo directly.

well, it doesnt matter now. 2 month old motherboard is officially dead. Will be buying a gigabyte board and post results when it arrives.

First make sure they work without the risers. Put the cards in right on the motherboard. If they're still not showing up, your cards and/or motherboard and/or OS setup are hosed. If at any point you have reversed the risers, you have likely fried things. If they work, then move on:
i posted in first post i wrote they all work attached to mobo directly. issue was heat.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:34:32 PM

You do not have to jump any wires with these risers. They provide the connection for the pci presence already. These can be used with any motherboard, as they simply provide a data connection for the wires required, and absolutely no connection to the power lines involved. These are not the same as the ribbon cable risers, which are often poorly made, or provide a parallel connection of power supplies across a very small wire. Sometimes when that happens, people try to connect two power supplies, which are both providing the card with power. If the auxiliary power supply is turned off in any way, the card will try to draw all of the required power through the motherboard, which is what you are trying to avoid with a powered riser. That's why people cut the wires connecting the power to the motherboard side. The USB style risers do not have this issue, it is not possible.

I've never heard of the issues you are having, however like I said, it really sounds like a problem with windows. You should try out the BAMT install, it is very easy, there are multiple guides on setting it up, and it is much more capable of recognizing multiple cards.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:17:13 AM

to clarify, i did not jump any slots.

Idk what the issue was, but ordered new mobo.  will b here 2moro, hopefully.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

after more forum searching, seems asrock 970 has some issues with gpu risers in general, regardless of powered/unpowered or OS.

RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:30:02 PM

OK,  I'm putting these up for sale now, orders will ship tomorrow or Monday depending on how long it takes me to package them. I only have 1m cable length units at this time. I had to raise the price temporarily, because I can't even order any more right now. I only got these because they were sitting at the airport for almost two weeks. I'll have more in soon, and I'll be lowering the price at that time. If you need them ASAP this is the only way I can do it.
Thanks!

http://www.magicgrowing.com/categories/bitcoin-mining.html
kcobra

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:09:25 AM

Received my 12 risers from this past weekend's order yesterday. Seem to be of good quality and 6 of them are working fine in a H81 BTC MB.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:21:13 AM

I'm very happy with the pro btc motherboards. I got them from newegg one at a time, but at least they were only $70. They work great, setup fast and have no driver issues. 6 cards on risers from the start without a problem.

Risers are selling FAST. I'll be sold out soon. After this, it will probably be at least a week until I receive more.
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:00:46 PM

I'm very happy with the pro btc motherboards. I got them from newegg one at a time, but at least they were only $70. They work great, setup fast and have no driver issues. 6 cards on risers from the start without a problem.

Risers are selling FAST. I'll be sold out soon. After this, it will probably be at least a week until I receive more.

Agreed, the boards and risers are working great for me as well!

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
ShakinHandz

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:49:23 PM

Sent you a PM earlier
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:57:22 PM

to which boards are you refering with "the pro btc motherboards"?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:21:05 PM

ASrock, H81 Pro BTC. They are kinda hard to catch, I buy as many as I can each time newegg has them in stock. They work very well, and are only $70, with 6 pci-e slots.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:28:34 AM

Less than one hundred of these are left!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:36:43 PM

Hey guys, update time.

New gigabyte board came in. 2 of 3 gpus work on risers. 3rd needs to be on mobo, and it displays video but now it only hashes at idle speeds as engine and memclocks are permanently stuck at 150Mhz, like if driver crashed. I think card is shot. I know how to change the clocks via cgminer, catalyst, msi etc. I even re-installed drivers and windows. Also, will not be detected by windows while on riser, but detects while on mobo with other two gpus on risers. tried gpu in second computer as well with same results. going to exchange gpu at bestbuy since it's still within 15 days and let them deal with it.

I can confirm all three cables work, but I can't confirm all 3 work at same time yet. I'm sure they will, I don't see why they wouldn't. On to next 2 question.

1: Wonder if I can add a 90° 16x pcie for additional cooling, and rig component positioning purposes. XFX R9 DD series has exhaust slot that wraps all around gpu maybe be prevented from maximum efficient cooling by silicon of mobo or your adapter. Idk, maybe unnecessary, just an idea to try.

2: How many amps does the 4 pin molex draw? I would assume the mobo doesn't use or need the power it provides the pcie 16x slots, therefore the exact same amperage should be solely utilized from the psu, save for the itty-bitty data voltage running thru the 1x slot portion. Bottom line: I would like to hook up multiple cards on the 6 pin wire with 4 molex connectors that came with my psu. I don't feel like replacing my psu.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

oh forgot one more thing, rickjamesbtc...
that asrock btc mobo u have, what are the 2 4 pin molex for, by the cpu? thinking about buying this mobo next time.

RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:58:13 PM

The extra plugs on the motherboard provide more power to the pcie slot connectors, in case someone were to use unpowered ribbon cable risers. Most motherboards aren't designed to run the 150+ watts that six gpus will pull from those slots, this one is. Using my risers, you don't need them at all. When you plan your power routing, assume that each card draws 25-50 watts through the riser card, and 200-300 watts through the pcie power connectors. That will cover the range of available video cards. Maybe the very big double cards use more, but I haven't tested them personally
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

All gone again!

I will probably start taking orders at normal prices soon for the next shipment, it will be at least the 17th when they get here and I ship them out.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:13:41 PM

Preorders are now live on my website!
Thank you all for the business.
http://www.magicgrowing.com/categories/bitcoin-mining.html
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:35:46 PM

Hey, if I pre-order 6 usb risers now, when will I get them in Portugal? And how much will they cost in BTC?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:00:27 PM

International shipping seems to take a week, payment by bitcoin is the only way for international, and I just get a conversion at the time of the order. I'm working on adding a bitcoin payment option directly to my site, but that's not really my specialty.
zoonosis
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:54:29 AM

Look into Bitpay
You can have a link on your site similar to a paypal link.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: