Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:10:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread  (Read 354200 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:08:19 AM

atm noticed theres 1billion coins, plans to reduce to 200mill or lower?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TitaniumPlays

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:15:49 PM

Where's moonmoon?
Right here :-)

Working on a few things.  Will catchup with Particle soon and get OP updated etc.  I updated the mac wallet link on the website.

MOONMOON.... This coin offers great promise. The unique wallet client is what has attracted me and others to this coin. It breaks away from the bland look of BTC style wallets. I believe there are many others including myself that have kept this coin on watch for developments and changes. With that being said, we believe there are a few things that can be approved upon. There are a few issues we see with widespread adoption.

First, the amount of coins right now exceeds a billion, PLEASE consider reducing this to roughly 250million. 1 billion is too many in our opinion. It scares early investors away. The reward structure should be reduced.

Second, we need to get this coin onto more exchanges to be increase awareness into the coin. Do you need help with this? We can help.

Third, we need a multi-pool to help with coin price support. Are you working towards this? DO you need help?

Let me know your thoughts as this coin could really take off and reach adoption by the crypto community with a few adjustments.
The coin is still new, not many have mined it and with zero premining these changes will only be productive to the coin.

Thanks again, great work. Keep it up
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:47:21 PM

Where's moonmoon?

Working on a few things.  Will catchup with Particle soon and get OP updated etc.  I updated the mac wallet link on the website.

MOONMOON.... This coin offers great promise. The unique wallet client is what has attracted me and others to this coin. It breaks away from the bland look of BTC style wallets. I believe there are many others including myself that have kept this coin on watch for developments and changes. With that being said, we believe there are a few things that can be approved upon. There are a few issues we see with widespread adoption.

First, the amount of coins right now exceeds a billion, PLEASE consider reducing this to roughly 250million. 1 billion is too many in our opinion. It scares early investors away. The reward structure should be reduced.

Second, we need to get this coin onto more exchanges to be increase awareness into the coin. Do you need help with this? We can help.

Third, we need a multi-pool to help with coin price support. Are you working towards this? DO you need help?

Let me know your thoughts as this coin could really take off and reach adoption by the crypto community with a few adjustments.
The coin is still new, not many have mined it and with zero premining these changes will only be productive to the coin.

+1 btw i've followed u Smiley Im *****Hungry haha
wowprt

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:51:52 PM

Where's moonmoon?

Thanks for you post , We all support Particle Coin ,
for reducing the amount of the coin , I don't know how to do it , nearly 0.7 billion had already been mined . and I don't think the amount 1 billion is a problem .
for others your suggestion , I hope moonmoon can give a reply soon.

TitaniumPlays

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

yeah sorry missed a zero there, there are 700mill which is not man compared to others.
The wallet release should be quite a catalyst to reaching many of the crypto coin followers.
GO PARTICLECOIN
This one is very under the radar at the moment, iam buying all i can.
TitaniumPlays

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

Moonmoon,

Is there anyway to simplify the wallet address to something more personal to the wallet owner.
This may not be possible but iam not from a coding background but I do see one issue with cryptocoins being the complex wallet address.

Anyway to implement a personalized wallet address, for example TitaniumPlaysParticleCoinWallet1 that can route transactions to the real address example PfzaDpPy5MVpYanJqbMQTU7T7JQoP6AH4i which would make transaction easier and personalized without complex wallet address?

This would be a huge development to ANY coin should it be possible. I figured I would "pitch" the idea to you first as your wallet is more modern those out there already/

zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:48:28 PM

I dont know say what to PRT, i hold it a long time, but currently i think i should quit...moonmoon, thanks for your all hard work

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
manfeel

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:52:42 AM

https://bter.com/trade/prt_btc  come here,baby.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. SktogYmNTVhszzJUNiHyiTYbmCpMCdU5rF
moonmoon (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:51:13 AM

Some updates....

Particle is most definitely and will not be "abandoned" so talk of a "coin revival" thing or whatever is kinda crazy ;-)

A few thoughts:

- Proof of Stake is not something simple to port into a coin like Particle.  I think there is more danger here than potential benefit.

- Multipools - I am well aware of the latest trend to follow Blackcoin's success with their multipool.  But, this is not a magic solution to price inflation.  Blackcoin's price inflation is not so much a result of the multipool as it is a group of whales pumping it up slowly while the community rallies around it to provide buy support and build price floors.  The problem here is that our community has not rallied in this way and it will be difficult for us to achieve this.  We have put the forum up, and tried to rally people but it was only a few people who came together to try to complete things, and so as a result it takes longer to move things forward.  It doesn't make sense to pump a hundred BTC into pushing the price up if there is no real basis behind it to support it.  We could move the market in that way, but then it is just a pump-and-dump, because you pump it up and there is nothing to back it and sustain it.

What we really need is awareness and publicity beyond bitcointalk, Apps and developer evangelism, etc.

The other thing to remember is that there is no open source off the shelf multipool software, we would have to build it ourselves by taking something like pushpool+MPOS and modifying it.

It can be done but its a question of where the resources and effort have the greatest impact.

Presently I have been heads down building an exchange and a real business.  There will be an updated beta wallet soon with the MPOS mining client app.

I tried to get us a slot to talk about Particle at the convention a few weeks ago but they never got back to me (something I keep running into in the crypto world that is incredibly frustrating).

I am going to get an official Twitter account setup later today and I'm going to donate some of my coins to a guy who is going to do some Twitter promotion and giveaways.

I sent a nice bunch of coins to ycm82 who is going to coordinate some promotion efforts on the China side.

I am still planning to build and _am building_ a lot around the Particle technology.  Once the exchange is running in the next week or two I am going to build an Android wallet and a software based point-of-sale solution for Particle that can work hand in hand together, maybe with Quickbooks integration and/or Freshbooks behind the scenes.  I'm not talking about hardware terminals and physical cards or anything like that just yet, but a software PoS similar to what you find in stores that use PC based PoS with a separate cash drawer and a barcode scanner.  That's the cool thing about having the .NET wallet that wraps the RPC interface, it makes it easy to do integrations and extend it out.  I also happen to have written that type of software before. 

Awhile back we talked about some kind of Particle Accelerator kit to get people started with crypto currency, I still want to do that too.  I think it would make sense in conjunction with a POS system.

There is more but I'm not ready to go public with it yet.  There is going to be a coordinated effort towards the summer time.

Stay tuned.  I told everyone when I launched this coin it was not a days or weeks thing but a months thing over the course of this year.  We're still in the 1st half of the year ;-)  I will have more updates this week.  I am trying to keep everyone updated...yesterday was a holiday and then I worked all night and now its 5:49AM and I'm still up Cheesy  So, rest assured I am working very hard behind the scenes on the whole platform.

particle://prt/send/Pjh1SXpcgaQ7bbbweXU1ioQUWcNtW4yZZx
doenerlover

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:53:15 AM

Is it asic resistent?
moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 09:58:56 AM

Is it asic resistent?
Yes.

moonmoon (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

Moonmoon,

Is there anyway to simplify the wallet address to something more personal to the wallet owner.
This may not be possible but iam not from a coding background but I do see one issue with cryptocoins being the complex wallet address.

Anyway to implement a personalized wallet address, for example TitaniumPlaysParticleCoinWallet1 that can route transactions to the real address example PfzaDpPy5MVpYanJqbMQTU7T7JQoP6AH4i which would make transaction easier and personalized without complex wallet address?

This would be a huge development to ANY coin should it be possible. I figured I would "pitch" the idea to you first as your wallet is more modern those out there already/

It is hard to do a completely custom address, but you can do custom beginning part of the address with vanity address generator.  I had been waiting for somebody to do some graphic artist work on a paper wallet before putting a BitAddress type site up, which supports the vanity generator.  I could get that up on the block explorer server at some point.  It would let you maybe get Titanium in the beginning of the address.

wowprt

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:31:39 AM

Some updates....

Particle is most definitely and will not be "abandoned" so talk of a "coin revival" thing or whatever is kinda crazy ;-)

A few thoughts:

- Proof of Stake is not something simple to port into a coin like Particle.  I think there is more danger here than potential benefit.

- Multipools - I am well aware of the latest trend to follow Blackcoin's success with their multipool.  But, this is not a magic solution to price inflation.  Blackcoin's price inflation is not so much a result of the multipool as it is a group of whales pumping it up slowly while the community rallies around it to provide buy support and build price floors.  The problem here is that our community has not rallied in this way and it will be difficult for us to achieve this.  We have put the forum up, and tried to rally people but it was only a few people who came together to try to complete things, and so as a result it takes longer to move things forward.  It doesn't make sense to pump a hundred BTC into pushing the price up if there is no real basis behind it to support it.  We could move the market in that way, but then it is just a pump-and-dump, because you pump it up and there is nothing to back it and sustain it.

What we really need is awareness and publicity beyond bitcointalk, Apps and developer evangelism, etc.

The other thing to remember is that there is no open source off the shelf multipool software, we would have to build it ourselves by taking something like pushpool+MPOS and modifying it.

It can be done but its a question of where the resources and effort have the greatest impact.

Presently I have been heads down building an exchange and a real business.  There will be an updated beta wallet soon with the MPOS mining client app.

I tried to get us a slot to talk about Particle at the convention a few weeks ago but they never got back to me (something I keep running into in the crypto world that is incredibly frustrating).

I am going to get an official Twitter account setup later today and I'm going to donate some of my coins to a guy who is going to do some Twitter promotion and giveaways.

I sent a nice bunch of coins to ycm82 who is going to coordinate some promotion efforts on the China side.

I am still planning to build and _am building_ a lot around the Particle technology.  Once the exchange is running in the next week or two I am going to build an Android wallet and a software based point-of-sale solution for Particle that can work hand in hand together, maybe with Quickbooks integration and/or Freshbooks behind the scenes.  I'm not talking about hardware terminals and physical cards or anything like that just yet, but a software PoS similar to what you find in stores that use PC based PoS with a separate cash drawer and a barcode scanner.  That's the cool thing about having the .NET wallet that wraps the RPC interface, it makes it easy to do integrations and extend it out.  I also happen to have written that type of software before. 

Awhile back we talked about some kind of Particle Accelerator kit to get people started with crypto currency, I still want to do that too.  I think it would make sense in conjunction with a POS system.

There is more but I'm not ready to go public with it yet.  There is going to be a coordinated effort towards the summer time.

Stay tuned.  I told everyone when I launched this coin it was not a days or weeks thing but a months thing over the course of this year.  We're still in the 1st half of the year ;-)  I will have more updates this week.  I am trying to keep everyone updated...yesterday was a holiday and then I worked all night and now its 5:49AM and I'm still up Cheesy  So, rest assured I am working very hard behind the scenes on the whole platform.

Thanks for your hard work ! moonmoon , we're all the supporter here !
make91526

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:11:17 PM

moonmoon,I have confidence in you!
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:02:34 PM

I got a bit distracted from crypto after a couple of dissapointments, but I still have my PRT and keep them just to see if this thing will finally lift off. I'm still under impression that moonmoon should have someone to help in PR departament, so even when he is working hard, there would be a person to keep us, believers, updated and inspired. I don't mind if I lose my money invested, but I did spent a quite a bit of time trying to do something good for Particle (graphics, promotion) and I really hope that it was not wasted.
chen18127

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:09:36 PM

something is hard now, hold on
tprogex

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 01:19:47 PM

why hold Sell We will buy  Wink
ycm82

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:28:05 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 02:16:33 PM by ycm82

Some updates....

A few thoughts:

- Proof of Stake is not something simple to port into a coin like Particle.  I think there is more danger here than potential benefit.

- Multipools - I am well aware of the latest trend to follow Blackcoin's success with their multipool.  But, this is not a magic solution to price inflation.  Blackcoin's price inflation is not so much a result of the multipool as it is a group of whales pumping it up slowly while the community rallies around it to provide buy support and build price floors.  The problem here is that our community has not rallied in this way and it will be difficult for us to achieve this.  We have put the forum up, and tried to rally people but it was only a few people who came together to try to complete things, and so as a result it takes longer to move things forward.  It doesn't make sense to pump a hundred BTC into pushing the price up if there is no real basis behind it to support it.  We could move the market in that way, but then it is just a pump-and-dump, because you pump it up and there is nothing to back it and sustain it.

Presently I have been heads down building an exchange and a real business.  There will be an updated beta wallet soon with the MPOS mining client app.

I am still planning to build and _am building_ a lot around the Particle technology.  Once the exchange is running in the next week or two I am going to build an Android wallet and a software based point-of-sale solution for Particle that can work hand in hand together, maybe with Quickbooks integration and/or Freshbooks behind the scenes.  I'm not talking about hardware terminals and physical cards or anything like that just yet, but a software PoS similar to what you find in stores that use PC based PoS with a separate cash drawer and a barcode scanner.  That's the cool thing about having the .NET wallet that wraps the RPC interface, it makes it easy to do integrations and extend it out.  I also happen to have written that type of software before.  

Awhile back we talked about some kind of Particle Accelerator kit to get people started with crypto currency, I still want to do that too.  I think it would make sense in conjunction with a POS system.

There is more but I'm not ready to go public with it yet.  There is going to be a coordinated effort towards the summer time.

Stay tuned.  I told everyone when I launched this coin it was not a days or weeks thing but a months thing over the course of this year.  We're still in the 1st half of the year ;-)  I will have more updates this week.  I am trying to keep everyone updated...yesterday was a holiday and then I worked all night and now its 5:49AM and I'm still up Cheesy  So, rest assured I am working very hard behind the scenes on the whole platform.
hi,moonmoon,Long time no see,
The last time,I give you  the PRT address:Pe4wkiT718Fh2XzzRASvJpUfcbuRccXQeH, you had sent the 350000 PRT to this address.
This address is the Chinese regional team juzi (橘子)PRT address, in the future, China's regional marketing activities driven by her to coordination.
thanks.
bye!
manfeel

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

https://bter.com/trade/prt_btc  come here,baby.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. SktogYmNTVhszzJUNiHyiTYbmCpMCdU5rF
cascorp

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:03:54 PM

Some updates....

A few thoughts:

hi moonmoon , good to see you again  Grin

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: