Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:02:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin-trader.biz  (Read 203878 times)
illinois (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:25:11 PM

hi... does anybody know this site?
https://bitcoin-trader.biz

they claim to be a trading platform on witch you can invest and trade...
is it trustable?

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suklee

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:27:59 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 07:05:32 AM by suklee

I found this site few days ago and bought mining shares, and have been getting 1.42% return every day. I'm using the returns to buy a smaller amount of trading shares.

https://bitcoin-trader.biz/opportunities.php

Full disclosure: I am not related to this site in any way, shape or form.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:02:26 PM

you have to be very careful about these new sites because most of time they suddenly appear and then disappear just use your own mind and check this

moriartypants

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:45:39 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:57:21 PM by grue

Hi, I have been using the site since mid December.

You do have to be careful where you put your coins.   The site has some . . . well, issues.   A .biz suffix for one, but also they work out of the UK (trading stops on UK holidays) but are incorporated in Panama with no locational address or phyiscal contact method.  

They also have glowing reviews from all over the world posted on their site after only a month of operation.  It feels like trying too hard.

That said, I did take a chance and invest some coins.  
I contacted them about my concerns (after I invested a few coins) and they were responsive and discussed things with me.
Their backend is pretty sophisticated and you can withdraw your earnings at any time without fees.  If it is a scam, it's had a lot of work put into it.  

They do post their results publicly and the returns were really good in December.
https://bitcoin-trader.biz/results.php
It opened up in November just before the price explosion, and the mining results that they posted for that month were much less dramatic.  I have a mix of trading and mining shares and I have made about 30% of my original investment back, and I've withdrawn about half of that and reinvested about half.
One very good thing I like about the site is that once you deposit bitcoin, your balance stays denominated in U.S. dollars AT THE RATE WHEN THE DEPOSIT WAS CREDITED, and your earnings are denominated in dollars so you are protected against price declines. (flip side is you don't benefit from price increases, but I think declines are more likely in the mid-term. Anyway you can ride the market rate if you cash out everyday.)  When you want to withdraw, they convert your dollar withdrawal amount to bitcoin and send them to you, although they only process withdrawals once each day monday thru friday (I think it's 1600 GMT)

I'm treating it like any other investment and only putting in what I am willing to lose.  Personally, I recognize it could possibly be a long term scam, or even if its sincere could just fail as a business eventually, but I think it's good for a mid-term investment.
If you want to give it a try, here is my referral link.
https://bitcoin-trader.biz/?ref= [ref removed]

In fact, for anybody who signs up using my referral link, I'll buy you a trading share.  
Just post (or pm me, but it's easier to see who is 'first' if you post here) your username and user number after you sign up and once it shows up in my downline, I'll send you $20 worth of bitcoin. (They use the Mt. Gox Coindesk rate)

DISCLAIMER:
I am not associated with the site in any way.
illinois (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:36:33 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:58:04 PM by grue

Hi, I have been using the site since mid December.

You do have to be careful where you put your coins.   The site has some . . . well, issues.   A .biz suffix for one, but also they work out of the UK (trading stops on UK holidays) but are incorporated in Panama with no locational address or phyiscal contact method.  

They also have glowing reviews from all over the world posted on their site after only a month of operation.  It feels like trying too hard.

That said, I did take a chance and invest some coins.  
I contacted them about my concerns (after I invested a few coins) and they were responsive and discussed things with me.
Their backend is pretty sophisticated and you can withdraw your earnings at any time without fees.  If it is a scam, it's had a lot of work put into it.  

They do post their results publicly and the returns were really good in December.
https://bitcoin-trader.biz/results.php
It opened up in November just before the price explosion, and the mining results that they posted for that month were much less dramatic.  I have a mix of trading and mining shares and I have made about 30% of my original investment back, and I've withdrawn about half of that and reinvested about half.
One very good thing I like about the site is that once you deposit bitcoin, your balance stays denominated in U.S. dollars AT THE RATE WHEN THE DEPOSIT WAS CREDITED, and your earnings are denominated in dollars so you are protected against price declines. (flip side is you don't benefit from price increases, but I think declines are more likely in the mid-term.)  When you want to withdraw, they convert your dollar withdrawal amount to bitcoin and send them to you, although they only process withdrawals once each day monday thru friday (I think it's 1600 GMT)

I'm treating it like any other investment and only putting in what I am willing to lose.  Personally, I recognize it could possibly be a long term scam, or even if its sincere could just fail as a business eventually, but I think it's good for a mid-term investment.
If you want to give it a try, here is my referral link.

In fact, for anybody who signs up using my referral link, I'll buy you a trading share.  
Just post (or pm me, but it's easier to see who is 'first' if you post here) your username and user number after you sign up and once it shows up in my downline, I'll send you $20 worth of bitcoin. (They use the Mt. Gox rate) (Offer limited to the first 5 to sign up and buy a share)  

DISCLAIMER:
I am not associated with the site in any way.

thanks actually i contacted their local contact in my country but he said that he has no info eather...
i do not know...
there is also a similar site:
https://bitcoin-trade.biz

i do understand is risky anyway but i do not understand which one to trust more...

sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:45:36 PM

i do understand is risky anyway but i do not understand which one to trust more...

That are two different sites, I don't know anything about bitcoin-trade. With bitcoin-trader.biz however, I have been since pre-launch, since a very well known promoter with an impeccable track record (he don't promote any crap) invited me there. So far they kept their promises and since I've invested in the mining pool I am already in profit.

Very impressive track record in my opinion, for their short time online, and we will see in the months to come if they can deliver all the time.
moriartypants

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:54:58 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 03:34:12 PM by moriartypants

thanks actually i contacted their local contact in my country but he said that he has no info eather...
i do not know...

I found that other site as well.  (By accidentally typing the name) Seems to be Russian in origin (although I didn't do much digging) and I found their English website to be a little vague on what exactly they do. 

Still, if I understand it, the Russian site has $50 minimum deposit and you can invest for as little as two weeks, which shouldn't be too dangerous if you just wanted to try it out.  It's been operating longer apparently but I'll note that according to their posted profits, you would have made a little bit more profit on The Britis/Panama site if you only had trading shares, and A LOT more profit if you had mining shares. (In fact, you'd have made your investment back if you'd bought in early to mid December)

I'll probably give bitcoin-trade.biz a whirl, see what happens and report back.
As for which one to trust more, when it comes to giving somebody on the internet your bitcoins and hoping to get something back. . .  Not much you can hope for other than hope.
sunny1

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

I found that other site as well.  (By accidentally typing the name) Seems to be Russian in origin (although I didn't do much digging) and I found their English website to be a little vague on what exactly they do. 

Still, if I understand it, the Russian site has $50 minimum deposit and you can invest for as little as two weeks, which shouldn't be too dangerous if you just wanted to try it out.  It's been operating longer apparently but I'll note that according to their posted profits, you would have made a little bit more profit on The Britis/Panama site if you only had trading shares, and A LOT more profit if you had mining shares. (In fact, you'd have made your investment back if you'd bought in early to mid December)

As for which one to trust more, when it comes to giving somebody on the internet your bitcoins and hoping to get something back. . .  Not much you can hope for other than hope.

I checked a little bit around and found that bitcoin-trade.biz considers itself as a so called HYIP. They are marketing bitcoin-trade.biz on multiple HYIP related sites and are heavily discussed on the well known ponzi forums.

The other day I was supposed to contact bitcoin-trader.biz to ask them about bitcoin-trade.biz. On the contact page at https://bitcoin-trader.biz/contact.php I've noticed some HYIP related statements, or lets rather say "Anti HYIP" related statements.

So I contated them anyway and received the following statement from Michael Brandenburg:

We do not engage in any form of HYIP related marketing, be it monitors, forum discussions or any other form of what can be considered as untrusted sources of information. It is against our core values and may cause blackening Bitcoin Traders’ reputation in the long run. We urge our clients not to participate in such activities, as well. We do consider ourself as a genuine passive second income opportunity, rather than an unsustainable game. We market Bitcoin Trader via ad networks, like AdWords, Bing Ads or Add​​.ly, to name just a few, as well as in Bitcoin related advertising networks.

With best regards,
Michael Brandenburg
Head of Marketing & Business Development
Bitcoin Trader
illinois (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 05:23:18 PM

I checked a little bit around and found that bitcoin-trade.biz considers itself as a so called HYIP. They are marketing bitcoin-trade.biz on multiple HYIP related sites and are heavily discussed on the well known ponzi forums.

The other day I was supposed to contact bitcoin-trader.biz to ask them about bitcoin-trade.biz. On the contact page at https://bitcoin-trader.biz/contact.php I've noticed some HYIP related statements, or lets rather say "Anti HYIP" related statements.

So I contated them anyway and received the following statement from Michael Brandenburg:

We do not engage in any form of HYIP related marketing, be it monitors, forum discussions or any other form of what can be considered as untrusted sources of information. It is against our core values and may cause blackening Bitcoin Traders’ reputation in the long run. We urge our clients not to participate in such activities, as well. We do consider ourself as a genuine passive second income opportunity, rather than an unsustainable game. We market Bitcoin Trader via ad networks, like AdWords, Bing Ads or Add​​.ly, to name just a few, as well as in Bitcoin related advertising networks.

With best regards,
Michael Brandenburg
Head of Marketing & Business Development
Bitcoin Trader

mmm to me it sound exactly as a HYIP... what do you say? but... well... they also never tried to present themselfs here...
sunny1

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:52:08 PM

mmm to me it sound exactly as a HYIP... what do you say? but... well... they also never tried to present themselfs here...

How does it sound exactly like a HYIP? I like sites that are trying to stay as much away from the HYIP industry as they can. Otherwise we must consider cloudhashing.com and cex.io as HYIP's as well. Anyway, time will tell - for now I am very satisfied.

But one thing is for sure, bitcoin-trade.biz is a HYIP - just follow all the ponzi forums, especially the russian ones....
moriartypants

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:50:52 PM

That are two different sites, I don't know anything about bitcoin-trade. With bitcoin-trader.biz however, I have been since pre-launch, since a very well known promoter with an impeccable track record (he don't promote any crap) invited me there. So far they kept their promises and since I've invested in the mining pool I am already in profit.

Very impressive track record in my opinion, for their short time online, and we will see in the months to come if they can deliver all the time.

Sunny, can you explain what was the pre launch like? Where and how was it marketed? How did you find out about the project? (Cold contacted by this promoter?)

I haven't found any trace of a pre launch online (nothing on this forum and I can't find any other discussions about it) and as illinois says. . . it sounds like a HYIP, even if they don't market themselves as such. . .you can't escape the fact that they are giving the same returns as an admitted HYIP (The Russian site).

I hope you'll forgive the suspicion. .  . but you only have 3 posts all of which are in this thread.  Undecided
sunny1

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:01:11 AM

Sunny, can you explain what was the pre launch like? Where and how was it marketed? How did you find out about the project? (Cold contacted by this promoter?)

I haven't found any trace of a pre launch online (nothing on this forum and I can't find any other discussions about it) and as illinois says. . . it sounds like a HYIP, even if they don't market themselves as such. . .you can't escape the fact that they are giving the same returns as an admitted HYIP (The Russian site).

I hope you'll forgive the suspicion. .  . but you only have 3 posts all of which are in this thread.  Undecided

Yeah I know. I was looking for a place where BT is publicly discussed and this one is the only I found. The pre launch was by invitation only and apart from the promoters each participant was only allowed to invite one more person to get familiar with the system, making testnet deposits and withdrawals etc. It was not a cold contact, I am on the mailing list of my upline since a few years and he invited me to join some great and profitable PAMM accounts in the past.
emmettoc

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:51:26 AM

Does Bitcoin Trader Holding Inc. really exist in the Republic of Panama?
moriartypants

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:58:34 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:58:15 PM by grue

A good question.  I have been talking with their support as well, (Michael Brandenburg).  In addition to repeating the anti-HYIP statements he gave illinois he also gave some more info about their business.   I did get a physical address from him in Panama, (Calle 53, Marbella, Av José de la Cruz Herrera, Panama) but he did say their 'principal place of business' was in London.

I also did get some more details on how their business works.
A mining share buys you a set percentage of their total hashing power. (Right now it is 6 GH/s)  As they add more hashing power, the amount of hash your old shares command will increase.  He also said that they have ordered more hardware which will be online in april. (We'll see!) and stated that a mining share does not accumulate negative returns like the trading shares can.  

The trading shares he gave less details on but apparently you are entitled to a set % of the profits.  The Russian site claimed to be splitting it with investors 50/50 and the two sites are giving very similar returns.

If he is telling the truth, it's a legit business that could work.  They're basically selling you a mining contract or using your capital to increase trade volume.  I suppose one  target would be people who want some of that bitcoin money but don't want to actually do all the hassle of mining or day trading for it themselves, or people who don't have time for it.  

By the way, my offer to buy up to 5 people a share is still open.  
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

Does Bitcoin Trader Holding Inc. really exist in the Republic of Panama?
you can use google search for all information about this and can post here about this all

Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:21:21 AM

Friend of mine pointed me at this. I had a BTC or two sitting in a cold wallet doin' nothin' anyway, so I figured I'd give it a try. Will see what kind of return % i see. They advertise up to 3% daily on the trading shares, but historically, it looks more like 1.5%-2% is the average.

Now we play....the waiting game.

Man, the waiting game sucks. Let's play "Hungry, Hungry Hippos"!

Darxtar

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:58:25 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:58:28 PM by grue

I have been with them for 3 weeks now.
So far the support is very friendly, helpful and replies very quickly.

It seems like they want to stay away from the HYIP websites, which is a good sign.
Here is what they replied to a user advising to promote their services on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitcoin-Trader/1428584610697680) :

"Well, feel free do so. Just take notice that we do not appreciate ANY promotion in the so called HYIP related arena and on HYIP related websites."

The company is based in the Republic of Panama and is claimed to be legal.

They also claim to generate profit doing arbitrage on the Bitcoin trading market and also through mining.
https://bitcoin-trader.biz/opportunities.php
The results of the daily trading can be seen here: https://bitcoin-trader.biz/results.php

The trading shares only generate profit during the weekdays, not on weekends.
Trading shares are valid for 120 days and then get refunded.The support told me that the money you invested in the shares was credited to your cash balance when the share expires.

The mining shares generate profit 24/7 for a year but you don't get back the $100 invested originally in the share.
Basically at the current profit rate, the share pays for itself after around 3months.

I refer you to their FAQ to see how this works.

However, the website is still young and I am therefore advising you to be careful and not invest too much money in this!

If you found this review useful and if you do decide to try it, you can use my aff. link: https://bitcoin-trader.biz/?ref= [ref removed]

Full disclosure: I am not related to this site in any way, shape or form.
minzie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 11:54:23 PM

I am having a bit of mental discord. Doesn't having an affiliate link in one's post explicitly demonstrate that there is indeed a relationship?  Huh

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
Darxtar

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:01:17 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 12:12:55 PM by Darxtar

I am having a bit of mental discord. Doesn't having an affiliate link in one's post explicitly demonstrate that there is indeed a relationship?  Huh

Not necessarily, I am just a user, and their affiliate program is pretty cool: I get a 5% commission on the shares bought by the people that subscribe through my referral link.
If Bitcoin-trader.biz turns out to be a long term scam, then I will be affected by it too and will lose it all, since I have bought shares there.

I also would like to say that bitcoin-trade.biz and bitcoin-trader.biz seem totally different, and that bitcoin-trader.biz looks way less dodgy...

I would stay away from bitcoin-trade.biz if I were you. I am not sure if they are Russian or Bulgarian, but the translation of certain sentences is rather vague:

"How to withdraw money?
Gains or losses from trading, is charged to the Account in the system at the end of the trading period. All funds held in the account on the system can be withdrawn at any time.
Attention! Not confirmed manually by the user application, not subject to payment. Do not support the application, are removed from the system within 24 hours from the time of filing."
source: https://bitcoin-trade.biz/faq-en

The only place I've found where they mention the risk involved is here: https://bitcoin-trade.biz/risk-en

Also, I don't know if that means anything, but I noticed that bitcoin-trader.biz is friends with the Bitcoin Foundation: does this add credibility to the company or not?

Since I live in London, it would be good to meet the person responsible. moriartypants, did you get more info about the principal place of business in London?
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:57:47 PM by grue

Well, it's been about 4 trading days, and while it's not get-rich-quick, it's definitely paying out and producing steady earnings.   I had no problem at all cashing out my earnings to my BTC wallet.

Will keep on keeping on and see what happens at the 120 day mark (when my trading shares time out and my initial investment is returned to me). As others have said, support is pretty responsive, friendly and helpful.  Brandenburg is pretty open and transparent about the operation.  Feels good, bro.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: