Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276301 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:35:35 AM

Come on lets help Busoni! He's putting us on exchange.

take a loot at https://masterxchange.com

xcp is the same concept

what they do is user who deposits MSC has to specify his MSC address(which is bitcoin address) on the website, and send it to 1MaStErt4XsYHPwfrN9TpgdURLhHTdMenH, and they just check the input of debit transactions to see who send MSC. By doing this, they have one address holding all XCP which is easy to withdraw back to users, no need to spread dust btc across addresses.

If you can support XCP, then you can also use this scheme to support MSC as well, one stone 2 birds, worth your effort no doubt

How do you tell who sent how much? Is there an API call for looking at transactions? It seemed all I could do was check balances.

At any rate, the way I'm trying to do it would be easier for users, and the only reason it's not working is because I can't send XCP. If I can't send XCP, it doesn't really matter how the deposit system works.

The FAQ didn't really help, I had tried those things already. It's kind of annoying, I can't find any more information about the error other than that the tx is rejected.

Joined the IRC channel, no one's there.

It's so close--everything would work if Counterparty would.
Someone, please help busconi. He is trying to get it on the Exchange.

I'll be working with busoni on this. We'll be chatting on IRC tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to answer his questions.

busoni: I sent you a PM.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:53:15 AM

How do you tell who sent how much? Is there an API call for looking at transactions? It seemed all I could do was check balances.

There's several ways to get the send/transaction history. Try get_sends: http://counterpartyd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API.html#get-sends

Example get_sends JSON RPC request payload that gets all valid sends of XCP *from* the address 14qqz8xpzzEtj6zLs3M1iASP7T4mj687yq may look like:
Code:
payload = {
  "method": "get_sends",
  "params": {"filters": [{'field': 'source', 'op': '==', 'value': "14qqz8xpzzEtj6zLs3M1iASP7T4mj687yq"}, {'field': 'asset', 'op': '==', 'value': "XCP"}]},
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "id": 0,
}

i.e.

Code:
get_sends(filters=[{'field': 'source', 'op': '==', 'value': "14qqz8xpzzEtj6zLs3M1iASP7T4mj687yq"}, {'field': 'asset', 'op': '==', 'value': "XCP"}])

For all the possible fields you can filter on, see http://counterpartyd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API.html#send-object

When you make this call you will get back a list of 1 or more send objects. See the send-object link above for the fields these objects will have.

There is also http://counterpartyd.readthedocs.org/en/latest/API.html#get-messages which will basically get you a history of every data-base level action counterpartyd did for a specific block number (essentially a list of transactions), but I think that may be too low level for what it sounds like you're trying to do.

halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:54:28 AM

XNOVA, PATEL, BIGGESTFISH, Anyone ? How much would you charge in XCP to help me consolidate. I have 15 different addresses with XCP, need to consolidate.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 05:57:30 AM

My bitcoind -reindex still sitting there .... No indication of any progress.
I think I'm at somewhere over 48 hours now. Any idea
how to tell if its still going/working ? How long til I should
kill this process ?

Is it using CPU resources? You can also start it with -daemon and -reindex and monitor its progress with getblockcount.

It's at 228,000 MB of ram taken up. But the CPU is 00%....
Crap man.. I've tried this 3 times now. I can't believe its
this difficult, I've got a serious amount of XCP and I need
to consolidate to one address and get it ready to start
trading... sigh... Is there someone I can send a donation
to for help ?
I'm assuming you don't have 228GB of RAM on your machine. I only have 192GB on my server so it would end up swapping to HDD like crazy. That explains 0% CPU, it could literally take years to finish if a program expecting RAM is actually swapping to HDD.

Not sure how you got your process so large, but you need to get it to use less RAM.

James

P.S. As soon as the web interface is ready, you should be able to consolidate. Why the rush?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:01:34 AM

Oh hey JL777, do you have any idea what the ETA is on the web interface ? I'm so frustrated haha, I want to be able to jump in here and start testing things, but this whole thing is so tedious. An ETA on the web interface would be great, I'm just worried about crazy price flucuations. I don't wanna get left behind.. I wanna have ammo on deck so I can make moves.. but right now all i have is my private keys.. and I'm just scratching my head.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:02:49 AM

My bitcoind -reindex still sitting there .... No indication of any progress.
I think I'm at somewhere over 48 hours now. Any idea
how to tell if its still going/working ? How long til I should
kill this process ?

Is it using CPU resources? You can also start it with -daemon and -reindex and monitor its progress with getblockcount.

It's at 228,000 MB of ram taken up. But the CPU is 00%....
Crap man.. I've tried this 3 times now. I can't believe its
this difficult, I've got a serious amount of XCP and I need
to consolidate to one address and get it ready to start
trading... sigh... Is there someone I can send a donation
to for help ?

Are you working with little RAM? A reindex takes awhile but it shouldn't be a big deal, and you should only have to do it once at most (for a given bitcoin installation).

To consolidate your XCP, really the best/only way at this point is multiple 'counterpartyd send' calls. Just issue a send call for each address you have XCP in, to one main address. Use blockchain to look up the XCP balance at each address. e.g.
Code:
#first address has 50 XCP
counterpartyd send --source=12WQTnVbzhJRswra4TvGxq1RyhUkmiVXXm --destination=1QGZ4sCpvCgRizL5v4NniaKdZKzxBtVN3q --asset=XCP --quantity=50
#second address has 100 XCP
counterpartyd send --source=1CD4BNe5xfhdYt65iYSVuDVqorMf7dDnPy --destination=1QGZ4sCpvCgRizL5v4NniaKdZKzxBtVN3q --asset=XCP --quantity=100

Unfortunately you'll need a little bit of BTC at each address you're sending from to cover the miner fee. Is that what you were asking?

The web wallet will have address sweeping tools added to it in the near future, a few weeks after release most likely (once it's stabilized out). With this you'll be able to import a private key from your blockchain or bitcoin-qt wallet and it will sweet the BTC and/or XCP from the address associated with that key into one of the web wallet addresses.

xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:06:06 AM

Oh hey JL777, do you have any idea what the ETA is on the web interface ? I'm so frustrated haha, I want to be able to jump in here and start testing things, but this whole thing is so tedious. An ETA on the web interface would be great, I'm just worried about crazy price flucuations. I don't wanna get left behind.. I wanna have ammo on deck so I can make moves.. but right now all i have is my private keys.. and I'm just scratching my head.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,79.0.html

Please read the first sentence of that post.

I should be able to have screenshots by this weekend showing basic functionality (dex is still not ready and may not be in the screenshots). Hope to have an initial release a week or so after that, although there is still a lot to do. May have to be delayed a bit to allow for more stabilization.

It will be ready when it's ready, essentially (which will be Soon). We're working as quickly as possible on it and making very good progress.

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:17:24 AM

Install Bitcoind/CounterpartyD, Import your addresses via. Importprivkey in bitcoind or QT, then write a short script with all the addresses and vary them through the send function to an address you want to consolidate to.
busoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:36:54 AM

Okay, I think everything is working now. If anyone feels like depositing some XCP early, and maybe withdrawing it, before I open the market, it would help me be sure that all the automation is working. Even if it isn't, your coins will be safe, and your BTC balance never gets touched. You'll find your deposit address here (account needed, of course): poloniex.com/balances

Minimum for withdrawal is 5 XCP, and there is a 1 XCP withdrawal fee to cover all the dust costs.

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:46:16 AM

Ok so I have Bitcoin QT open.. and it appears to be synced....
Is that all a reindex is ? I'm so confused on just that part "the reindex"

Why does it matter ?

once I understand all this, I'm going to make a video tutorial.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:57:04 AM

Okay, I think everything is working now. If anyone feels like depositing some XCP early, and maybe withdrawing it, before I open the market, it would help me be sure that all the automation is working. Even if it isn't, your coins will be safe, and your BTC balance never gets touched. You'll find your deposit address here (account needed, of course): poloniex.com/balances

Minimum for withdrawal is 5 XCP, and there is a 1 XCP withdrawal fee to cover all the dust costs.
If somebody can send me 5 or 6 XCP to 1JMRuhVNGdhCnhm6LLPhjGuA6GVKc28SBg
that will go to my poloniex acct. I can verify that it works and then withdraw it back to your BTC address (make sure to PM me your BTC address)
We can then verify deposit and withdraw work, at least in a controlled case. I would do this, but I didnt even want to try installing it on a Mac

James

P.S. please post here if you do this, I will post the result

halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:03:28 AM

that will go to my poloniex acct. I can verify that it works and then withdraw it back to your BTC address (make sure to PM me your BTC address)
We can then verify deposit and withdraw work, at least in a controlled case. I would do this, but I didnt even want to try installing it on a Mac

James

Can someone give me the link to counterpartyd 5.0 exe installer ?

halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Man this really puts the crash in perspective eh ?
Bitcoin Logarithmic chart courtesy of bitcoincharts.com

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:19:35 AM

James

sent
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:40:31 AM

James

sent
OK, I see it in blockscan. Had to wait for 42 minute block.
PM me your BTC address so I can withdraw to it
I dont see it on poloniex balance yet, but I think I just need to wait a block or two

James

halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:41:46 AM

ya know.. come to think of it. A 1 XCP Tx fee is pretty dam expensive. $5.00 to withdraw ? I guess thats no matter how much you withdraw ? When XCP is up in the Mastercoin arena as far as pricing goes.. that's going to be hefty! lol.  Tongue

halfcab123

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:42:41 AM

Is there anyone trustworthy enough to take all my private keys (15) and consolidate for me for a fee ?

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:44:17 AM

Is there anyone trustworthy enough to take all my private keys (15) and consolidate for me for a fee ?

forward those private keys right over in a pm. and Ill surely see to it that all xcp balance is consolidated very nicely  Wink

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:47:41 AM

Once poloniex is up and running, if you can deposit into your deposit address, it would consolidate when you withdrew. I guess the problem is not being able to send. I am in same boat since I am on a Mac. Though I saw the GUI earlier today that said it worked on a Mac, maybe I will try that.

Actually, did you try the GUI?

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 07:49:14 AM

James

sent
OK, I see it in blockscan. Had to wait for 42 minute block.
PM me your BTC address so I can withdraw to it
I dont see it on poloniex balance yet, but I think I just need to wait a block or two

James
Its been 4+ blocks now and it is still sitting in the deposit acct. I will try sending some BTC dust to it

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: