Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276295 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

i think the following are the big mistakes this greedy community did:

1. You were all too greedy and tried to overprice this coin from the start
2. You should've waiting till a stable GUI client released before even thinking of launching on exchanges
3. No one bothered to donate to dev, so they r broke now
4. You got greedy

Indeed, but you can't get greed out of the equation. Every coin, every stock, every asset, every currency has been pumped one day, dumped another by greedy people, manipulators, whatever...

At least you should admit that PoB was a nice way to deal with the launch of a something new in this greedy sea of whales, sharkes and littles fishes...

The best community is a community that consists of actual owners of the coin. For XCP this group of stakeholders is really small, they keep the price manually too high, which makes it unattractive for new people to join in. People that do not own coins, will not promote it either. Cheaper price, means bigger community, means better potential for long term. To all stakeholders: please sell some of your stakes for profit now, so the coin gets decentralized and the community gets bigger.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:10:33 PM

[not up to date]
is the GUI / webwallet client out yet?
If yes where can i download it?
If not when about will it come?
Thanks!
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:24:36 PM

[not up to date]
is the GUI / webwallet client out yet?
If yes where can i download it?
If not when about will it come?
Thanks!

There are two Desktop GUIs, which can be found here: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,8.0.html

Stay tuned for web wallet! xnova is plugging away and will have screenshots up soon: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,79.0.html
extee

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

2. You should've waiting till a stable GUI client released before even thinking of launching on exchanges
4. You got greedy

Indeed, but you can't get greed out of the equation. Every coin, every stock, every asset, every currency has been pumped one day, dumped another by greedy people, manipulators, whatever...

At least you should admit that PoB was a nice way to deal with the launch of a something new in this greedy sea of whales, sharkes and littles fishes...
in theory PoBurn was a good idea....in practice it is not cos I fear the development won't be able to compete with other offerings.
would have been a better idea if the coins instead of being burnt went to the developers....then you'd have  a full time team delivering on Counterparty full potential.
now unless someone donates some serious amount of coins to the devs to bring this forrward it will be outclassed by other offerings.
for the sake of fairness  (which is something unobtainable anyway ) 350 btc have been proofofburnt...when they could have gone towards  setting up a proper team.
and disgusting that the btcfoundation does not help them out (they have interests into mastercoin that's why...it's alll a big mafia).
I still hope counterparty is a success cos they launched in the most fair way possible.....but ultimately i think this will prove that fundraising (mastercoin, nxt, etherum,  etc) actually get  products further cos they have sure funding.

Janitor

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:56:44 PM

in theory PoBurn was a good idea....in practice it is not cos I fear the development won't be able to compete with other offerings.
would have been a better idea if the coins instead of being burnt went to the developers....then you'd have  a full time team delivering on Counterparty full potential.
now unless someone donates some serious amount of coins to the devs to bring this forrward it will be outclassed by other offerings.

1. Such opinions are now useless.
What is your agenda here?
Are you planning to donate "some serious amount of coins"?
Do you want to short XCP?

2. As far as I can tell Debian developers are mostly well & alive.
XCP developers will do well.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:21:57 PM

Also, LOL at people telling early adopters to sell their coins at a "fair price", which is coincidentally always below market value.

The burn period was open for a month. Did you join the developers in sending your coins into an unrecoverable black hole then? The fair price was 1000-1500 XCP / 1 BTC then. Anyone could have participated.

Then there was plenty of volume on the DEX for 2 weeks. Moneypaktrader was selling a large quantity of XCP for 0.005. Did you buy them?

Now there is a centralized exchange up and running. The fair price is now between .01 and .02. Are you going to buy now?

What about when the web wallet comes out, desktop GUI is out, and corporations start listing stock on XCP? What will be the fair price then?

Agreed. First we were getting laughed at for destroying our bitcoins. Then we were accused of keeping Counterparty a "secret" so that these same folks were unable to burn their coins (despite 38400 thread views at the time). Then we were ripping people off at .004 and .005 on the DEX. Now the price is too high since we're listed on an exchange and coinmarketcap.com, so we are just being greedy. In two to four weeks when the web wallet and GUI are launched, the site is redesigned, and we get some media attention, causing the price to climb higher, just imagine how "unfair" it will be.

Trolls are troll.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

4. You got greedy

for the sake of fairness  (which is something unobtainable anyway ) 350 btc have been proofofburnt...when they could have gone towards  setting up a proper team.
and disgusting that the btcfoundation does not help them out (they have interests into mastercoin that's why...it's alll a big mafia).
I still hope counterparty is a success cos they launched in the most fair way possible.....but ultimately i think this will prove that fundraising (mastercoin, nxt, etherum,  etc) actually get  products further cos they have sure funding.

The devs have stated that they are self-sufficient.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:33:17 PM

4. You got greedy

To all stakeholders: please sell some of your stakes for profit now, so the coin gets decentralized and the community gets bigger.

Wow, the troll is strong today on this thread.

You should probably review the order history on blockscan.com. I began selling amounts all the way from 700 XCP/BTC (a ridiculously, laughably low price). Do I regret it? Not really, if it helps distribution. Meanwhile I've changed my sig, made posts, bumped up reddit posts, all the way back from January to get more exposure for the project.

There are a massive amount of sell orders right now on poloniex (unfortunately the orders on blockscan were consumed by trolls, which we should have a fix for already). They're going for 1/2 of the price 2 days ago. Are you going to buy now, or will you wait?

The nature of markets is that everyone wants to buy something that is going up (when it has the most to lose), and sell when it's going down (when it has the most to gain).

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
michald

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:37:41 PM

hi everyone,

i just installed counterpartyd thanks to the much appreciated help of xnova and JahPowerBit.

i started going throuh the api calls as specified in this page:
https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/counterpartyd/latest/counterpartyd.pdf

and found that many vital ones are missing:

http://gyazo.com/3f2d893af97c6f37e588047ce7c9f7cd

among the promient ones are:
get_address and get_sends.

is it because of something i did or are these calls not implemented yet?
how can i know the source address of a transaction that was made to my address?

to see the balance of address try to issue:  
Code:
counterpartyd balances 14RAyA4JabgVftF1ezKQqUkaQi8iaPqX9K

thank you Anotheranonlol.

i noticed that 'balances' does work. however, checking the balance of an address is not enough, 'get_sends' and 'get_address' are vital for the client.

has anyone here managed to use these function succesfully or know what am i doing wrong?
lonsharim

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

Also, LOL at people telling early adopters to sell their coins at a "fair price", which is coincidentally always below market value.

The burn period was open for a month. Did you join the developers in sending your coins into an unrecoverable black hole then? The fair price was 1000-1500 XCP / 1 BTC then. Anyone could have participated.

Then there was plenty of volume on the DEX for 2 weeks. Moneypaktrader was selling a large quantity of XCP for 0.005. Did you buy them?

Now there is a centralized exchange up and running. The fair price is now between .01 and .02. Are you going to buy now?

What about when the web wallet comes out, desktop GUI is out, and corporations start listing stock on XCP? What will be the fair price then?

To add to that ...
Even before the burn period ended, you could have actually got more XCP buying from Patel than from burning directly. On poloniex, patient buyers have purchased for as less as 0.008 in the last 48 hours. While some chose only to complain others have been quick to purchase at reasonable valuations.
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

XCP is not another altcoin. The key is to improve the Dex. Without a working reliable DEX, put it on more exchanges is just a pump and dump. It may make the early investors rich quickly, but never a real success. For those who have tens of thousands of XCP, I don't think you can liquidate all you holding by just pump and dump. A real DEX is a must.

I agree, its too early to list on a bunch of centralized exchanges, and that's really not the goal of the project anyways.
totally agree!

Agreed as well. The DEX is the be-all-end-all of Counterparty. Without it, we're just another alt coin.

That being said, we also need to attract attention to the protocol. History is replete with examples of great innovations that have fallen into the dustbin because they failed to gain a critical mass. I think we need to balance the two sides of the publicity coin...slow so as not to outpace development but somewhat fast so as to gain enough attention to keep the project in people's minds.

I disagree with people saying we shouldn't be pushing to get XCP on more exchanges.  This marketing aspect is an easy goal for people to work on who aren't tech saavy enough to help improve the DEX, or make web wallets, or a gui.

The more exchanges we get XCP on, the larger the Counterparty community will grow, the more asset issuers will be attracted to Counterparty.

Which exchange would be best to petition next?  Cryptsy, coinedup, bter?
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:15:24 PM

About the price:  XCP is glaringly undervalued right now.  Big holders are dumping thousands of XCP on poloniex to recoup their investments. 

The price will rise back up to at least .025 BTC/XCP once the dumping is over to make the Counterparty market cap even with Mastercoin's (main competitor with no functioning DEX).
ginko-B

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:21:21 PM

XCP is not another altcoin. The key is to improve the Dex. Without a working reliable DEX, put it on more exchanges is just a pump and dump. It may make the early investors rich quickly, but never a real success. For those who have tens of thousands of XCP, I don't think you can liquidate all you holding by just pump and dump. A real DEX is a must.

I agree, its too early to list on a bunch of centralized exchanges, and that's really not the goal of the project anyways.
totally agree!

Agreed as well. The DEX is the be-all-end-all of Counterparty. Without it, we're just another alt coin.

That being said, we also need to attract attention to the protocol. History is replete with examples of great innovations that have fallen into the dustbin because they failed to gain a critical mass. I think we need to balance the two sides of the publicity coin...slow so as not to outpace development but somewhat fast so as to gain enough attention to keep the project in people's minds.

I disagree with people saying we shouldn't be pushing to get XCP on more exchanges.  This marketing aspect is an easy goal for people to work on who aren't tech saavy enough to help improve the DEX, or make web wallets, or a gui.

The more exchanges we get XCP on, the larger the Counterparty community will grow, the more asset issuers will be attracted to Counterparty.

Which exchange would be best to petition next?  Cryptsy, coinedup, bter?

Hey DaFockBro, your ambition and enthusiasm to help make the Counterparty project into a big success is awesome, but I think the consensus of the community is to take a measured approach to signing on new exchanges so that hype doesn't outstrip progress.  

Rather than going after exchanges, here are some of the other areas where community help would be meaningful:
   - explaining the amazing progress the Counterparty team is making in some of the forums with large communities of crypto enthusiasts
   - gathering up the highest quality content from this forum to help Phantom, xnova, and cityglut improve the FAQ
   - designing a biz model for a company that could do betting, asset issuance, etc.

jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

About the price:  XCP is glaringly undervalued right now.  Big holders are dumping thousands of XCP on poloniex to recoup their investments.  

The price will rise back up to at least .025 BTC/XCP once the dumping is over to make the Counterparty market cap even with Mastercoin's (main competitor with no functioning DEX).

I imagine that we'll go through about a few thousand BTC in "dumps" (or in other words, distribution) before early adopters are satisfied. Then watch for the rise.

I for one don't plan on any more liquidation in the next few months.

In other news, the poloniex "wallet" has nearly 2% of XCP. I believe most of these are comprised of coins in the name of holders that don't have a wallet installed yet. Only about 4% have successfully withdrawn their coin.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
ginko-B

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:23:15 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 08:24:09 PM by ginko-B

About the price:  XCP is glaringly undervalued right now.  Big holders are dumping thousands of XCP on poloniex to recoup their investments.  

I totally agree with you, this is a great buying opportunity on poloniex at this moment as a few "early burners" get out.  

Once the "early burners" are thru dumping and the DEX and web wallet are available, then we will see a rise up to the Mastercoin valuation level as the mainstream crypto community discovers how great this project really is!  

And once we start to see sports-betting and issuance of tradable assets, probably 2-3 months from now, then the project could receive major national and international press coverage and there will be another nice rise in price as the wider world learns about it.

Counterparty has a relatively small float of shares and is deflationary, so when the price finally starts rising, it could rise extremely quickly!  
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:37:19 PM

Heavy trolling today  !

About this :

I think it is correct to say that the recently mentioned troll wall is made using counterparty 4.0 - the fee_provided is listed as .018 and it is verifiable not a percentage, if someone is matched with this using a percentage fee higher than 0.000009188 then it should be reported as a bug -

Ok I've tried

--get-asset=BTC --get-quantity=0.15 --give-asset=XCP --give-quantity=10 --expiration=300 --fee-required=.0001

and it is not working http://www.blockscan.com/order_match.aspx?q=4431

Should I have waited block 286500 ?

(maybe the Troll will send me a BTC for my 10 XCP  Grin)
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

When I think I missed the burn period for two hours (you can check my history), it's killing me haha. Oh well, I was really new to crypto and didn't even knew this site that well. Just bought another 100 anyway. #believe!
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:16:16 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 09:45:31 PM by SyRenity

The best community is a community that consists of actual owners of the coin. For XCP this group of stakeholders is really small, they keep the price manually too high, which makes it unattractive for new people to join in. People that do not own coins, will not promote it either. Cheaper price, means bigger community, means better potential for long term. To all stakeholders: please sell some of your stakes for profit now, so the coin gets decentralized and the community gets bigger.

Are you serious? Go complain to NXT if you looking for a really small stakeholders group (up to 75% of coins in 60 people hands - start of Feb 14' statistics), moving the market at will.

Here you have more then 1500 people who risked more than 2K$ BTC into a black-hole (no refunds here), solely based on alpha code and developers integrity.
prabhu.str1

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:46:01 PM

Are you serious? Go complain to NXT if you looking for a really small stakeholders group (up to 75% of coins in 60 people hands - start of Feb 14' statistics), moving the market at will.

Here you have more then 2000 people who risked more than 1.K5 BTC into a black-hole (no refunds here), solely based on alpha code and developers integrity.

Top 60 NXT accounts still hold more than 70%. Some initial holders when price hit 0.001 BTC. And all the 1 billion coins were given to 21 stakeholders. What a fair distribution!!!
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

You guys threw 2000 BTC into an unrecoverable address, because ...?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: