Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:59:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

and those alt chains are secure?

if people see that counterparty high tx is worth to bitcoin community, they would merge mine the sidechain, making it secure.

Bitcoin miners should be more willing to merged mine the sidechain, than supporting other monetary systems, and wasting additional hashing power.

Merged mining is free.  xcp adds value to btc, not competing.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:32:27 PM

Using development resources to help keep a fork up to date would be a terrible decision at this point in Counterparty's timeline.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:44:58 PM

Using development resources to help keep a fork up to date would be a terrible decision at this point in Counterparty's timeline.

Matt you really must hate me or something, as everything I suggest apparently is a "terrible decision".

I'm starting to accumulate a list.

It's like saying that it would be a "terrible decision" back in the 1980s for Sybase or Oracle to have supported more than 1 operating system for their DBMS.

Would love to hear analysis and logic used to present why providing support for other blockchains is a "terrible decision".

And to know whether providing any level of support to Dogeparty would fall under this category of "terrible decision"?
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 06:13:53 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 07:09:14 PM by Matt Y

Matt you really must hate me or something, as everything I suggest apparently is a "terrible decision".

It's like saying that it would be a "terrible decision" back in the 1980s for Sybase or Oracle to have supported more than 1 operating system for their DBMS.

Would love to hear analysis and logic used to present why providing support for other blockchains is a "terrible decision".

So providing any level of support to Dogeparty would fall under this category of "terrible decision"?

Hey,

I don't have an issue with you. If I did I would try to find a more productive way to deal with it than bashing your ideas for no reason other than my dislike of you.

I donated six months of my time to Counterparty along with a bunch of money (and additional time) in the founding of BetXCP. I care a lot about Counterparty and want nothing more than to see its eventual wide scale success. Thus, when I hear ideas that I think are bad, I react strongly to prevent the project from being derailed. Adam, Evan, and Robby can all attest that I am fairly vocal about anything I may disagree with, without much regard for who presented the disagreeable thing to me.

Why I dislike the idea....

1. At this point I see Via as little more than a clone coin with a clone of Counterparty laid on top of it. Certainly there will be other alternatives later and they may be a better fit.
2.Putting all those dev hours to help another development team keep up their own fork of open source software at the expense of the parent project just seems wrong. This will slow down development of Counterparty overall to give users a faster block time on a new chain that offers nothing of value except a faster block time.
3. The timing of this idea is too early. If Counterparty were to do something like this, it would probably happen months down the road, after they make the hires they're looking to make and the project develops a bit more.

Dogeparty is the best thing to happen to Counterparty in a long time. I fully understand if Counterparty devs are "providing any level of support" to Dogeparty, as I'm sure they do with Via and anyone else they're working with. I won't bother listing the differences between Via and Dogeparty and why I'm a bigger fan of Dogeparty, because most reasons should be fairly obvious.

Cliffs: I think we just happen to disagree frequently. If you have ideas I agree with, I will publicly acknowledge them and support you.

Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:44:01 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 09:05:05 PM by Spratan

Coinmarketcap.com has a "Assets" tab now, listing the 3 active platforms (Mst, XCP, Nxt)

My first Impression was it is like they created a "Crypto 2.0" Tab. No need to go and see the first Tab anymore. The future is on this tab. The traders will go here.

My 2nd impression is that XCP will the one benefiting most. MST is clearly a "one shot" with only one asset in one year time, and NxT is not on bitcoin. The Counterparty assets are the only one growing today by the way.

Not to mention dogeparty, clearinghouse, or cSFR, all based on Counterparty are missing.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:29:40 AM

Coinmarketcap.com has a "Assets" tab now, listing the 3 active platforms (Mst, XCP, Nxt)

My first Impression was it is like they created a "Crypto 2.0" Tab. No need to go and see the first Tab anymore. The future is on this tab. The traders will go here.

My 2nd impression is that XCP will the one benefiting most. MST is clearly a "one shot" with only one asset in one year time, and NxT is not on bitcoin. The Counterparty assets are the only one growing today by the way.

Not to mention dogeparty, clearinghouse, or cSFR, all based on Counterparty are missing.

When did this happen and was there any announcement?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:17:25 AM

MST ?  lol       *MSC

and that "one shot" asset was funded with more $ than all the other assets altogether..  Wink
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:29:00 AM

And to know whether providing any level of support to Dogeparty would fall under this category of "terrible decision"?

You're a moron, Matt isn't
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:22:53 AM

A nice bump in price. Its still way undervalued compared to its potential.

I would have liked to see XCP move platform or go on an independent chain like DPOS, but the developers doesn't seem to be interested in this.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:36:05 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 10:19:10 AM by jrmg

A nice bump in price. Its still way undervalued compared to its potential.

I would have liked to see XCP move platform or go on an independent chain like DPOS, but the developers doesn't seem to be interested in this.

Luke-jr and maybe some other bitcoin devs is like little kids who don't want play together with neighbor house kids in their sandbox, but there is coming day when they grow up and ask XCP and MSC join to play same game   Cheesy Thats why there no need other chains.  But that is just normal because neighbors kids have bigger trucks and better toys and they have only sandbox.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:01:03 AM

Luke-jr and maybe some other bitcoin devs is like little kids who don't want play together with neighbor house kids in their sandbox, but there is coming day when they grow up and ask XCP and MSC join to play same game   Cheesy Thats why there no need other chains.  But that is just normal because neighbors kids have bigger trucks and other toys and they have only sandbox.

That's why he has "Jr." in his name Smiley
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:16:29 AM

Luke-jr and maybe some other bitcoin devs is like little kids who don't want play together with neighbor house kids in their sandbox, but there is coming day when they grow up and ask XCP and MSC join to play same game   Cheesy Thats why there no need other chains.  But that is just normal because neighbors kids have bigger trucks and other toys and they have only sandbox.

Luke filters out XCP,  MSC, etc. transactions and I don't think he's gonna change his mind soon. The only thing is that Eligius pool share is shrinking (from more than 10% to 5% in 12 months) and his opinion & influence will soon be insignificant
Ubitq

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:05:59 PM

Giving the fact that Overstock has publicly claimed it want to issue stock on bitcoin and counterparty, why would bitcoiners still debate whether finance on bitcoin is useful ? A Nasdaq Company, which played a great role in bitcoin success, is saying it is the future of finance of bitcoin and someone stands against that ?
It is becoming all emotionnal or egoist if so.
xbet.io

Activity: 62
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

Hello XCP community,

Starting today, it is now possible to post bets on any subject that interests you in an easy and secure manner through a decentralized pot. Adoption of the Counterparty technology has never been simpler and its advantages more obvious to the general crypto community.

We are pleased to announce that we have integrated into our website the option of becoming an oracle – Posting and settling bets on top of the XCP network. Through this option you can offer users to make bets on anything that interests you.

This is a unique opportunity for the Counterparty community to market XCP and to demonstrate its advantages through an advanced betting application using superior technology.

The main categories featured are: "Sports", "Currencies", "Culture", "Politics", "Global Events" and anything else that comes to mind may be posted in the "Others" category.

You can access the users' panel through the following link:
http://xbet.io/categories/oracles

You can become an oracle and start posting your own lines through the following link:
http://xbet.io/oracles/join

The System is compatible with Blockchain.info and Bitcoin-qt. It is recommended to use any of these wallets to hold your oracle address.

We would also like to inform you that we are in the process of integrating a reputation system that would help users decide which oracle they trust most. Now is an excellent time for community members to post their bets, acquire reputation and gather followers.

In addition to integrating oracle bets on XBet.IO, we have also made it simpler for new and experienced users to get to know XBet.IO and the new features that are constantly being added to it. Simply click on "How to Bet?" on the main menu.

Bet safe with BTC - XBet.IO. Be your own bookie!
- You choose your odds - Bets are anonymous - Instant bets - No login
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:20:22 PM

Luke filters out XCP,  MSC, etc. transactions and I don't think he's gonna change his mind soon. The only thing is that Eligius pool share is shrinking (from more than 10% to 5% in 12 months) and his opinion & influence will soon be insignificant

Well, at least there's this....

Announcement

As always, Eligius plans to support full miner customisation of their own policies via GBT as soon as it's finished.
However, since that is still a bit off, we've decided to hold a public discussion to determine the more near-future Eligius transaction mining policies.
Topics may include things such as spam filtering, transaction fees, prioritisation, or anything else that affects what transactions we put in our blocks.

The discussion has been tentatively scheduled for October 4th at 4 PM UTC in hopes that this is convenient for the greatest possible number of miners.
This is 9 AM for west coast USA, noon for east coast USA, and 8 PM for Moscow.
It is also Lamboary  at 9.99T by the Tonal calendar and clock.

Since the meeting may have high turn-out, it is advised to use a dedicated IRC client or the freenode webchat client rather than the webpage's Chat applet.

At the risk of sounding self-aggrandizing, this might be due to a long conversation between myself and Luke-Jr in the Eligius thread a week or two ago, on the topic of (mostly) Counterparty, in which I mentioned that not mining Counterparty txs was leaving money on the table.  I recommend that you read it, Luke-Jr is really not as closed-minded as he may have appeared back in March/April (?).  And this IRC meeting of Eligius miners is proof of it.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
Spratan

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

Well, at least there's this....

Announcement

As always, Eligius plans to support full miner customisation of their own policies via GBT as soon as it's finished.
However, since that is still a bit off, we've decided to hold a public discussion to determine the more near-future Eligius transaction mining policies.
Topics may include things such as spam filtering, transaction fees, prioritisation, or anything else that affects what transactions we put in our blocks.

The discussion has been tentatively scheduled for October 4th at 4 PM UTC in hopes that this is convenient for the greatest possible number of miners.
This is 9 AM for west coast USA, noon for east coast USA, and 8 PM for Moscow.
It is also Lamboary  at 9.99T by the Tonal calendar and clock.

Since the meeting may have high turn-out, it is advised to use a dedicated IRC client or the freenode webchat client rather than the webpage's Chat applet.

At the risk of sounding self-aggrandizing, this might be due to a long conversation between myself and Luke-Jr in the Eligius thread a week or two ago, on the topic of (mostly) Counterparty, in which I mentioned that not mining Counterparty txs was leaving money on the table.  I recommend that you read it, Luke-Jr is really not as closed-minded as he may have appeared back in March/April (?).  And this IRC meeting of Eligius miners is proof of it.

Thanks ! Even if it may be not correlated, you took time to explain and discuss with Eligius pool.
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:17:55 PM

Overstock is hiring for six total positions for their new stealth project: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ghale/overstocks_looking_to_recruit_more_members_for/

Spratan

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:41:48 AM

Swarm and Foldingcoin entered Coinmarketcap.com (Assets Tab)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:48:36 AM

And 80% of the people watching coinmarketcap won't even notice them since they show the currencies page by default.
Spratan

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:57:36 AM

And 80% of the people watching coinmarketcap won't even notice them since they show the currencies page by default.

+1

It is a good thing that Assets and Coins are differenciated. There could be more Assets than coins in the future.

And Counterparty is on both pages anyway.

Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: