Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █ █ [NUT] NutCoin █ █ Season 01 Episode 04 █ █  (Read 340876 times)
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:30:09 AM

I must say, it is getting a little puzzling. You would think the dev would have let us know he was taking the site down for work instead of just leaving us hanging and wondering exactly what is taking place. It's a strange way to run a ship.

Hopefully it's a new episode. As a late adopter, I don't really know what's going on with those donations and spreading the word. Anyone can enlighten me? Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
SlowlyButSurely

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:48:33 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 01:43:30 PM by SlowlyButSurely

Just voted - we're so close to getting on allcrpyt! Currently at #3 Grin http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

I must say, it is getting a little puzzling. You would think the dev would have let us know he was taking the site down for work instead of just leaving us hanging and wondering exactly what is taking place. It's a strange way to run a ship.

Hopefully it's a new episode. As a late adopter, I don't really know what's going on with those donations and spreading the word. Anyone can enlighten me? Smiley

I believe (I don't actually know) the purpose of donating to the Oath address (if that's what you were referring to) is so the devs have a bank of NUTs that can be redistributed as giveaways/prizes and such to entice new people on board and reward the NUT loyal; and spreading the word is to help get NUT more broadly accepted by the community at large.
New Ep. would be fantastic.

But I agree, who's flying the plane?! Shocked

***EDIT***
Not getting 'The connection was reset' error on www.nutcoin.com anymore, it connects now but just displays this:

Any clues?

Go NUTs!
NUT Address: NbDucWf6W4Kk8hb7rVrG6hASHwDQfTDovj
CoffeeCoin: CGH1gz1Eydy1HN1cbwy5WdqJa2x6Feocik
RouletteRun

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

I don't know anything about the nutcoin.com site, but I did just have an interesting and long chat with Cray from Bitember on IRC in regards to both Rubycoin which I've been mining for a couple days, but also Nutcoin and one of his suggestions was that we might want to take over the coin if we could find a programmer willing to do it. I told him that I thought we had a few days left in us to see if something pops here as is, but we can't wait forever. Another suggestion of his was to set up an E-bay like store using nutcoin as payment. He also suggested other things like what we've already been discussing. If things don't perk up in the next few days, I think we do need to seriously consider trying to take the coin over if we want to try to make nutcoin a success. Please continue thinking of ideas and thinking of ways we might be able to get into contact with a top notch programmer. I'm sure they have their chats somewhere, we'll just have to find them and one willing to take us on. None of this is my fist choice of actions, but I personally don't want to spend my life sitting on a coin that might be dead if we want to keep it alive we might have to take our own action.

For now though, I'm saying we ride this till Monday to see if something pops from DMX and his group. This is his baby and I want to give him every opportunity to show us what he's got.

I'm asking for feedback from the rest of you.

RR

***Edit*** You know, we've already got the Nutcoin.org site and we could use that as the new home if need be.
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:02:13 AM

Huh What are you voting for? are you going to keep voting forever?  Angry

The goal is to make money.-

RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Huh What are you voting for? are you going to keep voting forever?  Angry

The goal is to make money.-

We want our coin on a major exchange.
949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:06:26 AM

In a nutshell the coin is abandoned and not to bash Dev but many have lost hope in this coin.

What Dev could have done was appoint someone that has the time to address the users.

I can program if a programmer is what we need. Its not take over its a search and rescue.

These are critical times for the coin having a competent team is worth its weight in NUTCOIN's.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:04:36 AM

In a nutshell the coin is abandoned and not to bash Dev but many have lost hope in this coin.

What Dev could have done was appoint someone that has the time to address the users.

I can program if a programmer is what we need. Its not take over its a search and rescue.

These are critical times for the coin having a competent team is worth its weight in NUTCOIN's.

I'm in agreement with you, but I'm gonna stick to my words where I've said I want to give DMX and his team a chance to step up and they've got till Monday. I hope you can wait that long... I appreciate your response. I have also spoken to another person who has done some coding in the past, but thinks he's rusty and might be able to help out, but would want someone who could help knock his rust off. Meaning to help teach him some new tricks and to check his work. Last I knew, the code for the coin was posted and is open source, but I'd have to go looking for it again to find it.
SlowlyButSurely

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:07:27 AM

I'm in agreement with you, but I'm gonna stick to my words where I've said I want to give DMX and his team a chance to step up and they've got till Monday. I hope you can wait that long... I appreciate your response. I have also spoken to another person who has done some coding in the past, but thinks he's rusty and might be able to help out, but would want someone who could help knock his rust off. Meaning to help teach him some new tricks and to check his work. Last I knew, the code for the coin was posted and is open source, but I'd have to go looking for it again to find it.

Agreed. This coin does appear to be in a state of abandonment by the devs, or at the very least there's a complete breakdown in communication, which is unacceptable given the amount of time and work the community has put in to getting it off the ground.
Ultimatum on dmx putting out some info is a good idea, has anyone PM'd him regarding this? If we don't hear anything from him or another dev by Monday, Operation Search and Rescue should commence.

I'll contribute anything I believe I competently can in that that regard. I have basic knowledge of C/C++ but nothing that I think would be useful at this juncture; though I am in the early stages of studying an online C course and will follow that up with a python one (I enjoy coding Smiley). I also have intermediate design skills (designed the current paper wallet art for http://nutaddress.org/).

Source for the coin is here: https://github.com/dmx374/nutcoin

Go NUTs!
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:15:15 AM

Agreed. This coin does appear to be in a state of abandonment by the devs, or at the very least there's a complete breakdown in communication, which is unacceptable given the amount of time and work the community has put in to getting it off the ground.
Ultimatum on dmx putting out some info is a good idea, has anyone PM'd him regarding this? If we don't hear anything from him or another dev by Monday, Operation Search and Rescue should commence.

I'll contribute anything I believe I competently can in that that regard. I have basic knowledge of C/C++ but nothing that I think would be useful at this juncture; though I am in the early stages of studying an online C course and will follow that up with a python one (I enjoy coding Smiley). I also have intermediate design skills (designed the current paper wallet art for http://nutaddress.org/).

Source for the coin is here: https://github.com/dmx374/nutcoin

Yeah, if you didn't read it, the main site has been down for days now with no explanation and we're to the point we need to make some decisions... yes, I had just gone back and found the source code also. I will PM dmx to see if I can get a response, but it is my belief that others have already, but we'll see.
RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:33:14 AM

OK, Guys... and gals, I've sent the following to dmx via personal message:

dmx374:

We have seen that the nutcoin.com site has been down for several days now and we're wondering whether or not your team is still with us, to the point that we are wondering whether or not we should take action to try to take over the coin's development from here on out. I for one have thought maybe you took the site down to modify and upgrade it, but it's getting to the point that it's been too long for that and we suspect that you've abandoned the project and now feel like it's time for us to move on our own. I have suggested to the group that we give you and your team until Monday to confirm that you're still with us before we move on our own. We would love to hear from you to tell us what you're up to, because taking this over is not our desired option, we'd love for you to continue on with us, but if you are going to be the leader, we need you to point us in a specific direction or goals to work towards so that we can all be working together as a team. There are many of us out here that believe in this coin and want very much for it to succeed.

Thanks for your time,

RR

Long Live Nutcoin!

I hope that meets with everybody's approval.
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

Works for me... only time will tell whether or not we get anything in the way of a response or not.  Wink
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 528

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:59:26 AM

It looks good!
If a proper dev is found i offer 100k for the bounty.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
SlowlyButSurely

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:14:56 AM

Yeah sounds good to me too, makes everything nice and clear Smiley. Just hope dmx bothers to read it/respond lol.

Go NUTs!
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:32:43 AM

OK, Guys... and gals, I've sent the following to dmx via personal message:

dmx374:

We have seen that the nutcoin.com site has been down for several days now and we're wondering whether or not your team is still with us, to the point that we are wondering whether or not we should take action to try to take over the coin's development from here on out. I for one have thought maybe you took the site down to modify and upgrade it, but it's getting to the point that it's been too long for that and we suspect that you've abandoned the project and now feel like it's time for us to move on our own. I have suggested to the group that we give you and your team until Monday to confirm that you're still with us before we move on our own. We would love to hear from you to tell us what you're up to, because taking this over is not our desired option, we'd love for you to continue on with us, but if you are going to be the leader, we need you to point us in a specific direction or goals to work towards so that we can all be working together as a team. There are many of us out here that believe in this coin and want very much for it to succeed.

Thanks for your time,

RR

Long Live Nutcoin!

I hope that meets with everybody's approval.

Thanks for chasing this. Hope it will get better. Smiley

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:12:57 AM

http://www.getnut.org/

---> this is cool

This is the last post of the DEV. At least this site is still online.

Looking at the stats of that site you see most users are from Latvia. Am I missing something here?

RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:57:11 PM

Yeah sounds good to me too, makes everything nice and clear Smiley. Just hope dmx bothers to read it/respond lol.

It's odd, when I went to send the private message, it told me his latest activity was earlier yesterday.

RouletteRun

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:18:05 PM

I think we might have discussed this already, but when I was on IRC yesterday with the dev from Bitember and I had asked him if he had heard anything out of dmx recently, then what we might be considering and the fact that we want to find ways to build a foundation under this coin and by a foundation I mean for the coin to have real world uses and among his suggestions to me were to setup an E-bay like site where people could buy and sell items of their own for nutcoin, some sort of gambling or gaming sites. The second might go along with my idea of finding people who make cell phone apps/or other software who might be willing to be paid in nutcoin for one of their products. In the case of a strict gaming site, it could be a subscription type of thing where we could charge weekly/monthly/yearly subscriptions to play the games on the site... no gambling involved, just play. These are just some ideas to help get everybody thinking, none of them are my personal lovechild that has to be, and if any of you have more ideas, please bring them before the group, your idea might be the best one we get, or spawn another idea that is.
SlowlyButSurely

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:39:14 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 11:41:25 PM by SlowlyButSurely

It's odd, when I went to send the private message, it told me his latest activity was earlier yesterday.
That is very odd, you'd think he'd have made an appearance on here in lieu of our recent discussions.
Also has anyone else noticed the NutLaw graph has disappeared from page #1? Replaced with
***snip since nutcoin.com is back up and so is the graph***

Seems like that was hosted on nutcoin.com too, not encouraging. Luckily I downloaded it for the paper nutwallet so here it is (rehosted if anyone can add it back to the landing page):
***snip since nutcoin.com is back up and so is the graph***

I really like the idea of an eBay-style NUT auction site (NutBay?/NutBid?)
A (fair) gambling site with games like roulette, slot machines, dice games (maybe lottery?) etc. could be a fun thing and would attract new people to use NUTs as well.
If we went down the subscription gaming route I think a browser based/mobile MMO (maybe something like www.ogame.mobi or a variant) could be a good option, but would be hard work to set up and require substantial maintenance and good servers. Could possibly be non-subscription based and use the f2p model with micro-transactions (in-game store that people can use NUT to buy in-game stuff) that a lot of games are doing now (plus micro-transactions would suit the nutcoin payment network).

All just thinking aloud, like Roulette said the more ideas we've got floating around the better Smiley

Go NUTs!
UrsaMajorisBeta

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:44:53 PM

But maybe it'd be better if we start with small things. Like franko (not promoting, personally i think is dying haha) and other alts, make some hosting managers accept nuts as payment. Then we come bashing with our own retailer shop  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
UrsaMajorisBeta

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:49:22 PM

I hope he doesn't mull about it for another month

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: