Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:49:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █ █ [NUT] NutCoin █ █ Season 01 Episode 04 █ █  (Read 340876 times)
milkyone

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:36:13 PM

dont worry you can allways send me the rest  NYoEcB1NR543PLydonKQ7G9TGWF1mi3cRH    Grin Grin Grin Grin
X3n0X

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:24:11 PM

Hey all, I've been following NUT for a while now, actually mined a few million as well. I like the community sticking with it and supporting the coin and love all the ideas you've come up with so far.

I would like to know if you guys are interested in a merged minable pool where NUT would be the primary mined coin. Org coin would be the merged mined coin, a coin where 10% of the block rewards go to the foundation that pays out earnings every month to a good cause / charity.

At the moment we've got 5 pools running but are thinking of dropping our ltc/org pool and adding nut/org. NUT might get some exposure this way since merged mining is relatively new and we're one of the few pools supporting it.

I'd must add that I would need very specific coin specific values to get the pool up and running, would be great if the NUT dev could help out on that!
Looking forward to your opinions!

CryptoRush - Crypto to Crypto Exchange
https://www.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ https://support.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ http://mining.cryptorush.in ~||~ #CryptoRush @ Freenode IRC
Bitcointalk ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.new
RouletteRun

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:46:48 AM

Hey all, I've been following NUT for a while now, actually mined a few million as well. I like the community sticking with it and supporting the coin and love all the ideas you've come up with so far.

I would like to know if you guys are interested in a merged minable pool where NUT would be the primary mined coin. Org coin would be the merged mined coin, a coin where 10% of the block rewards go to the foundation that pays out earnings every month to a good cause / charity.

At the moment we've got 5 pools running but are thinking of dropping our ltc/org pool and adding nut/org. NUT might get some exposure this way since merged mining is relatively new and we're one of the few pools supporting it.

I'd must add that I would need very specific coin specific values to get the pool up and running, would be great if the NUT dev could help out on that!

I would say that I would give conditional support to your idea, but I know the dev has a project in the works that is supposed to be released on April 1, and it sounds to me like you would need his active participation in that sort of project to get it started anyhow. I can't and won't speak for the dev I sent you a PM explaining how to send a PM, only be because it says you're a newbie, in case you didn't know, but I would highly suggest you run it past him to see what he thinks, but I am in favor of getting Nutcoins into the hands of many v. in the hands of the few, because many will have power, and what good is a coin that has multi-millions in the hands of a few versus a few hundred thousand in the hands of tens or hundreds of thousands. Putting the coin into the hands of masses will give retailers, service providers and others the incentive to accept it as a legitimate currency. That's my primary goal for our coin at the moment.  Wink
SlowlyButSurely

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:41:46 AM

Really glad the ball's still rolling with this one, great news about the new ep on 1st April! (lets just hope it's not an April fool's xD)

I stopped mining NUT for a while after I hit 1M, but with the difficulty so enticingly low atm and news of the new episode coming I've just switched back some of my hash to NUT Smiley

Just getting a proper mining rig set up, gunna be getting a 750ti to mine with cudaminer since the new much more efficient release of that, along with the low power consumption per KH/s of the card, makes it perfect with the electricity costs here, so I'll be able to throw a lot more #rate at NUT pretty soon Cheesy

Just wanted people to know I'm still about and I've still got faith in this coin Smiley really like the community and the ideas people have come up with, just hope someone's able to set up a nutcoin retail/gaming site soonish and get that nice fat bounty!

Can't wait for Ep 4, long live the NUT! Grin

Go NUTs!
NUT Address: NbDucWf6W4Kk8hb7rVrG6hASHwDQfTDovj
CoffeeCoin: CGH1gz1Eydy1HN1cbwy5WdqJa2x6Feocik
Bunnywinkles

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:17:21 AM

Really glad the ball's still rolling with this one, great news about the new ep on 1st April! (lets just hope it's not an April fool's xD)

I stopped mining NUT for a while after I hit 1M, but with the difficulty so enticingly low atm and news of the new episode coming I've just switched back some of my hash to NUT Smiley

Just getting a proper mining rig set up, gunna be getting a 750ti to mine with cudaminer since the new much more efficient release of that, along with the low power consumption per KH/s of the card, makes it perfect with the electricity costs here, so I'll be able to throw a lot more #rate at NUT pretty soon Cheesy

Just wanted people to know I'm still about and I've still got faith in this coin Smiley really like the community and the ideas people have come up with, just hope someone's able to set up a nutcoin retail/gaming site soonish and get that nice fat bounty!

Can't wait for Ep 4, long live the NUT! Grin

Going to drop this here. The Lottery was dropped in order to develop this app. Feel free to join and vote for nuts!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MultiCoinTipping/permalink/705360899527599/?stream_ref=8

Backstory, this is the same app as the dogecoin tipping app for FB. I am not the dev, but I have been on the team since the beginning. This is a great chance to get nutcoin seen.

not letting me post unless I quote...
RouletteRun

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:31:27 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 12:38:03 PM by RouletteRun

Guys, and at least one gal that I am aware of, I've made no big secret of the fact that I also mine other coins for profit, but I consider Nutcoin my "home coin" so to speak, that being said, a short while ago there

was a coin released "BlackCoin" and I mined it while it was able to be mined, it was a Proof of Work (PoW)/Proof of Stake (PoS) coin, but there were only 73 million coins to be mined and I mined about 17,000 coins,

many I wish I had back right now, but that is another story. A few weeks ago, this coin was mined out and the only new coins being produced it the PoS interest payments on coins kept in a wallet, today I was paid

0.087 BlackCoin for the coins I have in my wallet. This coin is operating on the scarcity principal, which is the direct opposite of Nutcoin's anti-scarcity principal and while I can see pros and cons to both sides, I

believe I see a strength in Nutcoin's anti-scarcity principal and it makes me very excited for Nutcoin's future provided we can pull off one major feat, but first let me explain what I am seeing with BlackCoin and why

its problems are making me excited for what I see with Nutcoin.

BlackCoin is no longer directly mined, there are a couple of pools working on becoming multi-pools, one of which I am mining back and forth with Nutcoin, but they are mining other altcoins in order to buy BlackCoins to

pay the miners. At the moment, neither of these two pools has everything perfected yet, but the result will end up driving the price of the coin due to making a scarce coin even more scarce by putting it into the

hands of hoarders or "BlackCoin Whales" Over the past few days, I've spent several hours in the BlackCoin Pool IRC chat #blackcoinpool, where all these guys are talking about BlackCoin being a different kind of coin

that's going to eat a bunch of the other sh** coins, bla, bla, bla... but then these same guys start arranging these massive coin dumps to crash the price of BlackCoin so that it causes the price to drop so they can

jump back in at a lower price and buy the coins they caused panic sellers not in the know of exactly what is taking place to sell off their coins at much lower prices. Since I still hold several thousand BlackCoins and I

have an interest in what happens to it, it actually pissed me off seeing these guys driving this coin into the dirt just like is happening with a lot of other alt coins and I not being exactly shy about letting my opinion on

things known started telling them my beliefs of what they were doing to BlackCoin was not good for the coin's health, because as the coin was rising dramatically in price, the coin was gaining investors, but serious

investors like some semblance of stability and these guys manufacturing these repeated dumps of this coin is doing two things detrimental to the coin's long term health, these 30-40% fluctuations in price at a

moment's notice is scaring off serious investors, because they don't like that kind of volatility, but I was told,"BlackCoin is resilient and can bounce back." I also asked them, "How driving BlackCoin into the dirt is any

different than what is happening with all the sh** coins? Seems to me that it's the same ol' story." They say, "BlackCoin is unique, because it can bounce back," I said, "Why not be unique by actually rising in

price," and I think I was finally heard and the dumps were stopped, but not before a lot of damage was done I'm afraid. The price still hasn't gone back above the 8000 satoshi level it had been sitting at and while the

price is still higher than it was just a few days ago, I don't see at this time the upward strength it did have, that might change though once these two multi-pools end their beta testing phase and actually go full on.

The other detrimental thing I see happening as a result of these pump and dumps is the concentration of the coin into too few hands and this is where I want to start talking about some strengths I believe I see in

Nutcoin that BlackCoin doesn't have.

While I think it would be nice if Nutcoin were also a PoS coin to help makeup for coins lost due to crashed hard drives or what ever, Nutcoin is not working on the scarcity principal, in fact it is attempting to do the

opposite and work on the anti-scarcity principal and I believe we are on the right track with Nutcoin. First, let me remind everybody that Nutcoin is not yet 3 months old and if you look at the difficulty graph that is in

the OP, we're not even registering on the bottom of the "S" yet, and we are where we are by design. I also want to remind everybody, if the dev sticks to his schedule, the block rewards are due to be halved from

20,000 to 10,000 in the first week of June, so keep mining and holding your easy coins. Right now, I think we're lucky, because we're pretty much flying under the radar of all these "whales" as they're called that have

the money to chew up and spit out altcoins and grind them into dust if that's what they want to do. What this is allowing to happen, and we need to try our very hardest to do is to spread Nutcoins into as many

hands as we possibly can, either through gifts, prizes, donations or turning others onto mining, specifically Nutcoin. Right now, Nutcoin is just about a perfect coin for beginners, the difficulty is low and while it's not

optimal, it can be CPU mined. In the past week, I've given away over 6 million of my own coins, sure the majority was to family members, but just yesterday I tried to give away 2.5 million Nutcoins in 50,000 coin

increments on the LinusTechTips forum page, I did give away exactly 1 million coins before the moderators shut down my thread and gave me a "verbal warning" by PM. The point is to disperse Nutcoins into as many

hands as possible, the reason for this is because the more people that have the coin, the more likely it will be that retailers, service providers and others will be open to using it as a legitimate form of currency. All this

will be much harder to do if the "whales" take notice of our coin and begin hoarding it for themselves. The anti-scarcity should also make it much more resistant to pump and dumps, because the more hands we can

put the coin into will prevent the ability of a few to manufacture such violent rises and more importantly, crashes like what I've been seeing with BlackCoin. We won't ever be totally immune, but it's much harder to

control a coin that you only own .5% of vursus a coin you own 5% of and your buddy owns another 5% of. Have you looked at the Nutcoin page lately? It says that 2.1 billion Nutcoins have been mined, now I haven't

done it in a while, but the last time I checked the blockchain and multiplied the block number by 20,000 coins, it was spot on and it surprised me, because that is way more coins than what I thought we could

possibly have mined. I currently have 42.86 million Nutcoins, by far most of them mined, and I suspect that I'm probably well into the top 10% of coin holders, but I absolutely know that I don't hold 10% of the coins.

That is what I'm hoping will give Nutcoin pump and dump resistance going forward.

Bitcoin didn't get to the position it's in right now in three months, it's been out for 5 years now and I kick myself, because I can remember reading up about it in 2009/10 and thinking that mining it was above my level,

again, another story.  Tongue It was a long difficult slog through some hard times, remember, our 1 Nutcoin = $1 USD is four years out, be happy that we're under the radar, it's allowing us to build our solid foundation and

the foundation needs to be the coin in the hands of many rather than in the hands of just a few of us. Keep mining, hold the majority, but find a way to put a few into somebody else's hands, your brother or sister,

your neighbor or best friend, give them a few thousand and tell them to just hold onto them. A few here and there will want to learn about mining and might want you to teach them about mining... I think you know

which coin to teach them to learn on.  Wink
X3n0X

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:52:13 AM

I would say that I would give conditional support to your idea, but I know the dev has a project in the works that is supposed to be released on April 1, and it sounds to me like you would need his active participation in that sort of project to get it started anyhow. I can't and won't speak for the dev I sent you a PM explaining how to send a PM, only be because it says you're a newbie, in case you didn't know, but I would highly suggest you run it past him to see what he thinks, but I am in favor of getting Nutcoins into the hands of many v. in the hands of the few, because many will have power, and what good is a coin that has multi-millions in the hands of a few versus a few hundred thousand in the hands of tens or hundreds of thousands. Putting the coin into the hands of masses will give retailers, service providers and others the incentive to accept it as a legitimate currency. That's my primary goal for our coin at the moment.  Wink

Most of the values needed I could get from the source code, so not much time from the dev would be needed. We've set it up for piggy in about 3 to 4 hours. I just wanted to get some opinions and insights from the community before throwing up a pool and drawing some angry faces Smiley

I'll send a PM to the dev and see what he thinks about the idea!

CryptoRush - Crypto to Crypto Exchange
https://www.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ https://support.cryptorush.in/ ~||~ http://mining.cryptorush.in ~||~ #CryptoRush @ Freenode IRC
Bitcointalk ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.new
SlowlyButSurely

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

Going to drop this here. The Lottery was dropped in order to develop this app. Feel free to join and vote for nuts!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MultiCoinTipping/permalink/705360899527599/?stream_ref=8

Backstory, this is the same app as the dogecoin tipping app for FB. I am not the dev, but I have been on the team since the beginning. This is a great chance to get nutcoin seen.

not letting me post unless I quote...

Voted for NUT, think a tipping app for this coin is a great idea and goes along with anti-scarcity principle. More votes people!

Go NUTs!
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:20:51 PM

Right now I also like that we are non mainstream.."under the radar"
I was voting us up on mintpal but stopped...
There is a lot of turmoil in the crypto world right now with crap coins and failing exchanges...potential ridiculous tax laws in some counties.... non confirmed promoting and serious market manipulation ......

I would like to see this Season 4 out before making any plans that may put us in the spot light of the crypto communities personally...The longer we weather the storms (longer since launch) the better for NUT.

Side thought , I really like the POS of coins like MINT, Zeit and BC ... I think it has a nice potential. Cant mine forever. If cryptos become mainstream... no more mining for us as the major money players will out tech us.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
RouletteRun

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:46:03 PM

There is a lot of turmoil in the crypto world right now with crap coins and failing exchanges...potential ridiculous tax laws in some counties.... non confirmed promoting and serious market manipulation ......

I would like to see this Season 4 out before making any plans that may put us in the spot light of the crypto communities personally...The longer we weather the storms (longer since launch) the better for NUT.

Side thought , I really like the POS of coins like MINT, Zeit and BC ... I think it has a nice potential. Cant mine forever. If cryptos become mainstream... no more mining for us as the major money players will out tech us.

I agree, staying under the radar as long as possible is what will allow the early miners to really profit from this coin, but not only do we want to mine for ourselves, but we want to try to help distribute this coin. You are correct, once we are discovered, then we will be out teched, especially with a pure scrypt coin and ASIC's coming into play soon. In the long term, we will want the exposure before the larger audience, but let's us mine these easier coins while we've got them and then ride the backs of the late comers to the party when they get here. Who knows? I might have 75 million Nutcoins before the block rewards halve. Keep mining, hold the majority, but at the same time try to spread a little wealth to the uninitiated.  Wink
SlowlyButSurely

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM

I agree, staying under the radar as long as possible is what will allow the early miners to really profit from this coin, but not only do we want to mine for ourselves, but we want to try to help distribute this coin. You are correct, once we are discovered, then we will be out teched, especially with a pure scrypt coin and ASIC's coming into play soon. In the long term, we will want the exposure before the larger audience, but let's us mine these easier coins while we've got them and then ride the backs of the late comers to the party when they get here. Who knows? I might have 75 million Nutcoins before the block rewards halve. Keep mining, hold the majority, but at the same time try to spread a little wealth to the uninitiated.  Wink

Good advice there guys, lets enjoy the low diff and high block rewards while we've got them! And plant some nuts for people who otherwise wouldn't know about NUT or cryptos/mining Smiley

Go NUTs!
lacrossewacker

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Just started mining some Nuts yesterday afternoon.  Pulling ~2Mh/s

nom nom nom
mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:33:02 PM

Those that have millions of nuts, are u keeping this all in one wallet or splitting up wallets?  Not sure if good to hold them all in one wallet off line?
RouletteRun

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:10:29 PM

Those that have millions of nuts, are u keeping this all in one wallet or splitting up wallets?  Not sure if good to hold them all in one wallet off line?

I have all my personal Nutcoins in a single wallet, but I have a copy of my wallet.dat file stored on Microsoft SkyDrive, I've already had to use it once to save my coins. It works.
RouletteRun

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:13:57 PM

nom nom nom

If nothing more, just mine 11 million coins, keep 10 for yourself and give one to somebody you care about. Put them away and hold them for a few years and let's see what happens. In the meantime, some of us will keep working to see if we can't get this coin to roll.
Goattrading

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:05:24 PM

nom nom nom

If nothing more, just mine 11 million coins, keep 10 for yourself and give one to somebody you care about. Put them away and hold them for a few years and let's see what happens. In the meantime, some of us will keep working to see if we can't get this coin to roll.

Oh sure .. just 10 Mill....  Wink
Iam so far from that and Ive been here a while..... Still debating on with way to jump with new equip...

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
RouletteRun

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:34:38 PM

nom nom nom

Iam so far from that and Ive been here a while..... Still debating on with way to jump with new equip...

I know this guy from over on OCN and I know he's got the equipment to mine 11M coins within a few days.
mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:46:57 PM

There's now scrypt boards out in the wild now?   If so then GPU mining will be worthless.   

Roulle  -  u know the name of the board or equipment?
lacrossewacker

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:42:47 PM

nom nom nom

I know this guy from over on OCN and I know he's got the equipment to mine 11M coins within a few days.

Tongue  Tongue

just hit 4 million.
Goattrading

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

nom nom nom

Tongue  Tongue

just hit 4 million.

Very Nice  Grin

― H.P. Lovecraft
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: